Thread: is it too late

waynetomlinson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Wink is it too late

Hi guys,

Sorry if in wrong section can only see teens and over 35 and I dont fall into any of them.

Im 28 slightly over weight,
    Im getting annoyed with how I look
    And want to gain some lean muscle and lose
    Some of my body fat,

MY STATS

Age - 28
    Gender - male
    Weight - 13st 3lb, 84.2kg
    Height - 5'7, 1.71m
    B.M.I - 28.8
    Body fat% - 28.4%
    Body fat mass -23.9kg

This is what my doctor checked for and this
    Is the result of my test with him.

JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Wayne: you are going to get torched here...and for good reason:

28 years old?????????? How could it possibly be "TOO LATE", at 28 friggin' years old????????

and if you weight 185 pounds at 5 foot 7 and DON'T lift or work out, then you are probably VERY overweight.....

If you were a regular and serious lifter, that would be different.....

do you at least do other strenuous activities? do you run, cycle? etc........
    Lift as MUCH as you can, for as MANY reps as you can,
    while in complete control of the exercise.

Casziel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    John is right, it is never too late unless you are six feet on the wrong side of the grass. There are several forums and posts on the site to help folks get started and meet their goal, including routines, challenges you might face and diet...the list goes on.

..and from one newbie to another..check them out, start with getting your diet under control, get a plan of attack together, and go for it.

djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    For fuks sake , how could it be too late?
    Your not even thirty

Stop being a pussy, srs

djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by djflex View Post
    Your not even thirty

Stop being a pussy, srs

Actually based on your puss level , it may already be too late

ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

joee5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joee5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joee5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joee5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joee5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joee5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joee5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joee5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joee5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joee5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joee5 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Wish I was 28 again. I'm 44 and attempting another go at it. Good luck

InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by djflex View Post
    Your not even thirty

Stop being a pussy, srs
    You don't know what you don't know. No OP, it's never too late. You're not that old. Definitely too young to be worried about your window for growth/improvement being closed.
    "Sammiches are like sets of 20 rep squats; if you need a second one, the first one wasn't heavy enough." - DuracellBunny

Gunny57 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gunny57 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gunny57 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gunny57 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gunny57 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gunny57 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gunny57 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gunny57 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gunny57 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gunny57 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gunny57 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I started at age 56. In a year, my body fat went from 21% to 12%, but my weight went from 181 to 190... Its never "too late".

Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by JOHN GARGANI View Post
    Wayne: you are going to get torched here...and for good reason:
    I see the villagers coming now and they don't look happy

It's never too late for anyone that can get up in the morning...
    "Franco is pretty smart, but Franco's a child, and when it comes to the day of the contest, I am his father. He comes to me for advices. So it's not that hard for me to give him the wrong advices." - Arnold Schwarzenegger - Pumping Iron

EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Get srs Wayne, you can't ask if it is too late. You have to know it's not.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...post1121996743

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...1#post70307053

or

http://stronglifts.com/5x5/

or -------------> knitting.nets has a pretty good forum, I hear socks can be very tricky, and quite exhilarating..
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl

Fat Ass not a option! 21infantry's Avatar
    21infantry is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 21infantry is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 21infantry is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 21infantry is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 21infantry is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 21infantry is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 21infantry is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 21infantry is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 21infantry is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 21infantry is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 21infantry is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'll be nice, find program in the section called workout programs or google programs that above poster suggested there all good. Get nutrition in check. Next phase is to get gym membership. Lift heavy things become very sore for a couple of weeks. Don't get discouraged, keep on doing it. Follow program to the letter. Look at self mirror six months latter notice improvement. Become addicted, become a monster.

Yeah your young it's prime time for ya.
    Current Maxes 6/10/2015 and End of year Goals

Bench 260/300 *RTS CREW*
    Squat 345/405 *Bombed First Meet Crew*
    Dead 440/500

anonymous
    Too late op, you blew your anabolic window

Fat Ass not a option! 21infantry's Avatar
    21infantry is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 21infantry is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 21infantry is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 21infantry is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 21infantry is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 21infantry is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 21infantry is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 21infantry is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 21infantry is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 21infantry is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 21infantry is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Halfway, has spoken looks like your screwed. Ignore advice above
    Current Maxes 6/10/2015 and End of year Goals

Bench 260/300 *RTS CREW*
    Squat 345/405 *Bombed First Meet Crew*
    Dead 440/500

David1H has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Here is the post i found in bodybuilding blog section, since m not allowed to post the link would post the article here:

> 1.Eat Frequently

We recommend eating five to eight times per day, which is about every two to four hours. The science nerds will read studies done on fat, sedentary women and tell you that your meal frequency and the Thermic Effect of Food (TEF) doesn't matter, but as meatheads, we strongly disagree.

When dieting for a show, we sweat after every meal. That sounds like thermogenesis to me! So be sure to have at least protein and fat every meal. A sample five-meal-per-day plan might look like this:Meal 1

Egg Whites
    Peanut Butter
    Oatmeal
    Blueberries

Meal 2

Chicken
    Almonds
    Broccoli

Meal 3

MRP

Meal 4

Oatmeal
    Scivation Whey
    Almond Butter

Meal 5

Oatmeal
    MRP
    This will keep your metabolism revving. Your body is like a furnace and food is like coal. If you stop feeding your body food, it will stop burning energy!

>2 Weight Train Three To Six Days Per Week

The more muscle you have, the more calories you burn. The more calories you burn, the more you can eat and not gain fat! Weight training also makes your body utilize more calories in the post workout period and even a couple of days after the workout for recovery and lean muscle growth.

By training every other day, you stay in the anabolic, post workout state and this can help you stay lean and muscular year round... assuming you follow rule #1!

>3 Cardio

Cardio increases blood flow. Blood flow increases nutrient delivery to your muscles. Nutrient delivery helps your body repair, recover and grow lean mass.

Cardio also helps your body burn fuel more efficiently. Whether it is high intensity or low intensity cardio, do it to stay healthy, lean and very muscular and sexy!

>4.Sip Xtend Throughout The Day

One of the best (and highly recommended) supplements you can take is Xtend. Supplementing with Xtend both during your workout and during the rest of the day increases protein synthesis, decreases protein breakdown, increases blood flow and muscle fullness, and increases fat oxidation and energy; your body becomes a fat-burning, muscle-building machine.

Kris Gethin adds, "As the Editor in Chief of Bodybuilding.com, I don't normally endorse a certain product, as I take many varied brands of varying products; however, I have so many people ask, 'What is the drink you have attached to you like a purple birthmark?', I have to highlight that drink is my Grape Xtend from Scivation.

As a bodybuilder, we are always striving to stay as hydrated and anti-catabolic. I could never drink as much water as required when it tasted plain, so I began consuming Crystal Light. When Xtend hit the shelves, it took Crystal Light's place on mine.

Because I love the taste of the Grape Xtend so much, I am able to stay hydrated and also get my anti-catabolic properties, glutamine and BCAA's, in the process."

>5.Don't Stress

Stress causes a lot of straight up nasty things to happen to your physique. It increases certain hormones, which can halt fat loss and increase fat gain, it can make you sick, and it can also give you the urge to kick small dogs.

While you cannot end stress from family, work, and the fact that you have to wait months for another season of "Grey's Anatomy", you can control stressing over your physique and your goals. Just set short- and long-term goals, stay consistent, and it will happen! Results do not come overnight.

Just keep at it, enjoy training and eating healthy, and the goals will come! The destination is great, but might as well enjoy the ride there!
    Conclusion

There you have it, Team Scivation's top five ways to stay lean, sexy, and anabolic all day long! So start now and make it your lifestyle to be the best person you can be!

anonymous
    Good point, the incredible anabolic potentiating powers of xtend will make it possible for the op to build sinewy slabs of glistening rock hard muscle even at his advanced age

But only if he sips on a huge bottle of it all day

Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    OP, it is probably best you invest your time and resources into finding the best deals on prune juice, denture cream, waist-high pants, and tennis balls for your walker .... Because anyone with any sense at all knows that by 28 you are f'cked.
    It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Robin13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Robin13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Robin13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Robin13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Robin13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Robin13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Robin13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Robin13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Robin13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Robin13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Robin13 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm sure op isn't srs think we should send in Bodyhard to train him?

Set a goal op learn to train and eat right and be patient ! I'm off to the gym
    Rockabilly ,muscle cars ,hot rods,gretsch guitars and tattoos all rock!

jcrous will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcrous will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcrous will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcrous will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcrous will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcrous will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcrous will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcrous will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcrous will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcrous will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcrous will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Also started at 51.
    In 11 weeks my weight dropped 11kg. My pot belly dissappeered. My body fat redused from 29% to 14%.
    Regards

Johan

JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by waynetomlinson View Post
    Hi guys,

Sorry if in wrong section can only see teens and over 35 and I dont fall into any of them.
    Have you thought that maybe the forum is made up primarily of those aged between 20 - 35 so your section is the big one?

You are only as old as you feel, and if you want inspiration you can find it anywhere from Grand Master Paul Cutler who only started training aged 33.

http://www.cutler-tkd.co.uk/video/masterpc-2brick.wmv

Through to

*****://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhP7BtvvmgY

I'll leave it there.
    Things that are free have no value!

DL 150kg
    Squat 130kg
    BP 100kg
    Press (shamefully) 45kg

skilledhunter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) skilledhunter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) skilledhunter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) skilledhunter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) skilledhunter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) skilledhunter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) skilledhunter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) skilledhunter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) skilledhunter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) skilledhunter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) skilledhunter has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I started at 45 and look better now than I did at 28. Now im almost 50