slight1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) slight1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) slight1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) slight1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) slight1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) slight1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) slight1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) slight1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) slight1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) slight1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) slight1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Shoulder focused PPL

Hey guys, currently working on increasing my shoulder strength and size on a PPL program, and need some feedback on the program. Im not sure if i may be warming up my shoulders to much, or if im missing anything, and also unsure about the volume. Currently doing this split twice a week.

Warmup:
    Lat stretch
    10x windmills forward
    10x windmills backward
    Band shoulder dislocations
    Band pull aparts
    Not sure of the name, but this exercise:

Barbell exercise specific warmup:
    Bar x12 on benchpress
    50% of working weight x 5
    75% of working weight x 3
    90% of working weight x 1

Dumbbell exercises:
    about 50% working weight x 6-8

THE PROGRAM:
    OHP 3x3-5 (hold in top position last rep each set to work on core strength)
    CGBP / BP 3x3-5 (Switch each workout)
    DB shoulderpress 3x6-8
    Seated cable crossover 3x10-12
    Triceps rope pushdown 2x10-12

Band pull apparts 2x10-12 (depending on if i have pullday the next day or not)
    Plank 30-60s x 2-3? (depending on if i have pullday the next day or not)
    Last edited by slight1; 09-05-2014 at 02:08 PM.

Nitsua24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nitsua24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nitsua24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nitsua24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nitsua24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nitsua24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nitsua24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nitsua24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nitsua24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nitsua24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nitsua24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    if you want fakkin joocy delts get rid of the press and add lateral raises
    and do a real chest exercise every time

so maybe like:
    ohp 3x
    bench variation 3-5x
    lateral raise 3-5x
    triceps 2-3x

add cgbp if you want but make sure you're at least giving your chest enough work

slight1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) slight1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) slight1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) slight1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) slight1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) slight1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) slight1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) slight1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) slight1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) slight1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) slight1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Nitsua24 View Post
    if you want fakkin joocy delts get rid of the press and add lateral raises
    and do a real chest exercise every time

so maybe like:
    ohp 3x
    bench variation 3-5x
    lateral raise 3-5x
    triceps 2-3x

add cgbp if you want but make sure you're at least giving your chest enough work
    Im hitting side delts on pull day. Im doing facepulls, which according a EMG article i read actually hits side delts harder than lateral raises.
    I would still consider CGBP a real chest exercise, but i still do bench once a week. I forgot to mention, i do the PPL twice a week. I also do crossovers to work the chest in a full range of motion for more growth.

Registered User Longlivethepump's Avatar
    Longlivethepump is on a distinguished road. (+10) Longlivethepump is on a distinguished road. (+10) Longlivethepump is on a distinguished road. (+10) Longlivethepump is on a distinguished road. (+10) Longlivethepump is on a distinguished road. (+10) Longlivethepump is on a distinguished road. (+10) Longlivethepump is on a distinguished road. (+10) Longlivethepump is on a distinguished road. (+10) Longlivethepump is on a distinguished road. (+10) Longlivethepump is on a distinguished road. (+10) Longlivethepump is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by slight1 View Post
    Im hitting side delts on pull day. Im doing facepulls, which according a EMG article i read actually hits side delts harder than lateral raises.
    I would still consider CGBP a real chest exercise, but i still do bench once a week. I forgot to mention, i do the PPL twice a week. I also do crossovers to work the chest in a full range of motion for more growth.
    If you're doing a PPL twice a week, then why not bench twice a week? Cable crossovers is not a substitute for bench. You can always just do both. 3 sets of bench 2 sets of crossovers. That low of volume is perfectly acceptable for you to do twice a week.

Originally Posted by Longlivethepump View Post
    If you're doing a PPL twice a week, then why not bench twice a week? Cable crossovers is not a substitute for bench. You can always just do both. 3 sets of bench 2 sets of crossovers. That low of volume is perfectly acceptable for you to do twice a week.
    I am doing a benchpress variation twice a week. As mentioned, widegrip once, closegrip once. Closegrip to improve tricep strength for the OHP

Should i incorporate speedwork or something aswell?