TorreTornado is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TorreTornado is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TorreTornado is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TorreTornado is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TorreTornado is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TorreTornado is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TorreTornado is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TorreTornado is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TorreTornado is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TorreTornado is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TorreTornado is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Jay Cutler Classic May 2015?

This will be my first time competing. I am currently bulking and would like to cut and then bulk/cut once more before. I'm trying to decide if I want to shoot for Bikini the first time or go straight for Figure (which is my ultimate goal, however, I am not sure I can bulk enough for that in time). I am working the PHUL system right now and have been for about 3 weeks. I am seeing the scale go up in small increments and also increase in lifts and strength. My plan was to do a longer initial bulk, through December, then a cut, another shorter bulk, and a cut for show.

Here are some pics of me. Thoughts and advice appreciated!
    Attached Images
    Can't isn't in my vocab.

Calf press: 115
    Squats: 135
    Deads: 185
    SLDL: 125
    Overhead press: 60
    Bicep curls: 40
    Bench: 75

Alshortz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If your goal is figure then do figure. Don't get the mindset your not ready! Train hard and train to win. Its only your first show so don't worry about mistakes!

Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by TorreTornado View Post
    This will be my first time competing. I am currently bulking and would like to cut and then bulk/cut once more before. I'm trying to decide if I want to shoot for Bikini the first time or go straight for Figure (which is my ultimate goal, however, I am not sure I can bulk enough for that in time). I am working the PHUL system right now and have been for about 3 weeks. I am seeing the scale go up in small increments and also increase in lifts and strength. My plan was to do a longer initial bulk, through December, then a cut, another shorter bulk, and a cut for show.

Here are some pics of me. Thoughts and advice appreciated!

Belated response but if you're shooting for a May show, you don't have a whole lot of time to alternate between "bulking" and "Cutting". Even if you spend the next 26 weeks in a calore excess and trained like warriot, you're probably not going to put on a ton of new muscle. Forget about a few weeks here and there for the next 5months. I would rather see you slowly get into condition over this time. I agree with the last post... if you want figure, do figure. Most times, we limit ourselves unecessarily. There will be plenty of limiting factors without imposing your own.
    "The best gift that you can give your children is to Love their Mother"

rutka is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rutka is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rutka is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rutka is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rutka is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rutka is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rutka is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rutka is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rutka is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rutka is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rutka is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    agree with both above, go and focus on figure if your goal is figure. as for bulk and cut x 2 definitely no time for that, count like you need ~12 weeks just for cutting. you have a nice structure already, need focus on legs and back, hard to tell really since you in relaxed pose, but youve got symmetrical figure which is advantage.
    I can tell you from experience, musclemass in figure means nothing, its all about shape and condition, muscly girls get marked down which happened to me couple years ago, its all about the shape and quality of your muscle