repair has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

newbie here with dumbell questions

hey all.

i was wondering if it is okay to do weight training for muscle bulk using only dumbells? that is all i have at home until i save some money to buy a bench and bar. i want to bulk up my arms and chest and back and legs using dumbells only? possible?

i have some flab/love handles that i would love to lose. can i lose this fat with just weight training? or should i include cardio? i am scared that i will lose muscle from cardio workouts. i am 5'4 and weigh 135, i dont want to lose weight, only gain muscle and slim my belly.

thanks for you help in advance

RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You can do complete workouts with dumbells only.

Ask here for specific ideas/exercises.

As for slimming down your waist, it's all in the diet - so start reading the Nutrition forum and learn how to make the best out of the calories ingested.

Cardio helps as well. If you get your nutrition right, you will not lose muscle mass.
    "Strive for perfection,
    Nothing less"

banned has a spectacular aura about. (+250) banned has a spectacular aura about. (+250) banned has a spectacular aura about. (+250) banned has a spectacular aura about. (+250) banned has a spectacular aura about. (+250) banned has a spectacular aura about. (+250) banned has a spectacular aura about. (+250) banned has a spectacular aura about. (+250) banned has a spectacular aura about. (+250) banned has a spectacular aura about. (+250) banned has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    of course, you can have a great workout with dumbells only.
    There are no good and bad; no right and wrong. There were effective actions and ineffective actions, socially acceptable and unacceptable behaviour, wise and stupid decisions to be made. But if you wanted to achieve maximum sefl-realisation, you had to understand that any choice you made was entirely value neutral. Morality was a primitive concept, useful in earlier stages of societal evolution, perhaps, but without relevance in the modern age.

James_1971 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) James_1971 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) James_1971 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) James_1971 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) James_1971 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) James_1971 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) James_1971 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) James_1971 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) James_1971 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) James_1971 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) James_1971 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Unhappy

Damn that is deep banned......

MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally posted by banned
    of course, you can have a great workout with dumbells only.
    Yeah, this one isn't bad:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/workmonth1.htm

Eventually they'll get to the point where they'll want a barbell for heavy deads and squats, but for now DBs will work all right.
    aut viam inveniam aut faciam

scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz
    Originally posted by MiloMan
    Yeah, this one isn't bad:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/workmonth1.htm

Eventually they'll get to the point where they'll want a barbell for heavy deads and squats, but for now DBs will work all right.

bump that workout seems good enough, but better to have the bb for doing really heavy stuff....

repair has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thanks for the replies guys. when i do crunches and situps my lower back starts feeling a lot of pain before my abs even feel the workout. same if i do leglifts. is it because i'm doing it on carpet? is there any way around this?

Death of Rats has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Try rolling up a towel and placing it underneath your lower back. If that doesn't help, try this site:
    http://www.timbomb.net/ab/ab.faq.html
    It may be your technique.
    I'm hungry