joyzoggia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy Non-citizen competing in the US

Hello guys, I have a concern about eligibility for certain shows and I thought maybe somebody in this form would be able to help me..
    So here it goes: I have been living in the US for about 3 years now, I study here with a student visa ( meaning, I'm not a citizen). Recently I started competing since its something I've always wanted to, and I got " qualified" for the nationals.. BUT I somehow never thought that the nationals were only for citizens ( even though it makes sense). I wanted to still get my pro card, wanted to keep improving and I don't really know which competitions would award me a IFBB pro card without having to be a citizen here in the US.
    ( well why don't you just go compete in your country?)
    Unfortunately that is not an option for me, I study a lot, and I don't have how to go to my country just like that for a competition.. I have at least 5 more years to go here in the US.. and I really don't know when I would be able to go back to my country.. so I would be wasting all these years for nothing.

A friend of mine told me that the Arnold Classic Amateur in Columbus Ohio in 2015 awards IFBB pro cards for the overall winners, and its open to non-citizens..
    I emailed the people from the Arnold classic amateur to see if it is true and nobody was able to give me a real answer..
    So my question is, does anybody know if the Arnold amateur rewards IFBB pro cards, or maybe knows about shows that I could do in the US that would reward IFF pro card to non-citizens.

Thanks !

WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    What are you competing in? I know for the womens physique division they do not give out Pro cards or at least didn't last year.

Here is a link to the site for more info if you read through it, it should answer your questions..remove the space

ht tp://arnoldamateur.com/
    *Prep coach/Cert.Personal trainer-contact for online training
    *Instagram: amythewolf
    *Texas Crew

rockumsockum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Q: I’m not a US citizen but will be moving to the United States next month and would love to compete in the NPC. What do I need to do in order to be eligible to compete? Also, if I do well and qualify for a national-level show, am I able to try for my IFBB Pro card? - Marcelo

A: Anyone can compete in regional NPC contests as long as they are a US resident. However, to compete in a contest that offers you a pro card, you must be a citizen of the USA.

Straight from the npc's website, sorry it really is a crappy rule.

anyastar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anyastar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anyastar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anyastar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anyastar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anyastar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anyastar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anyastar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anyastar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yes, you can get pro card at Arnold Classic. I'm not a citizen. I got my pro card by winning Arnold Classic Amateur in Ohio las year. But you have to represent your country. Basically you have to email your country bodybuilding federation and ask them to include you in a team
    If you have more questions about the show or you need help with your prep email me Anya77star@gmail.com

Originally Posted by joyzoggia View Post
    Hello guys, I have a concern about eligibility for certain shows and I thought maybe somebody in this form would be able to help me..
    So here it goes: I have been living in the US for about 3 years now, I study here with a student visa ( meaning, I'm not a citizen). Recently I started competing since its something I've always wanted to, and I got " qualified" for the nationals.. BUT I somehow never thought that the nationals were only for citizens ( even though it makes sense). I wanted to still get my pro card, wanted to keep improving and I don't really know which competitions would award me a IFBB pro card without having to be a citizen here in the US.
    ( well why don't you just go compete in your country?)
    Unfortunately that is not an option for me, I study a lot, and I don't have how to go to my country just like that for a competition.. I have at least 5 more years to go here in the US.. and I really don't know when I would be able to go back to my country.. so I would be wasting all these years for nothing.

A friend of mine told me that the Arnold Classic Amateur in Columbus Ohio in 2015 awards IFBB pro cards for the overall winners, and its open to non-citizens..
    I emailed the people from the Arnold classic amateur to see if it is true and nobody was able to give me a real answer..
    So my question is, does anybody know if the Arnold amateur rewards IFBB pro cards, or maybe knows about shows that I could do in the US that would reward IFF pro card to non-citizens.

Thanks !
    Anna Starodubtseva
    IfBB Bikini Pro
    Optimum Nutrition/ABB sponsored Athlete

joyzoggia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by anyastar View Post
    Yes, you can get pro card at Arnold Classic. I'm not a citizen. I got my pro card by winning Arnold Classic Amateur in Ohio las year. But you have to represent your country. Basically you have to email your country bodybuilding federation and ask them to include you in a team
    If you have more questions about the show or you need help with your prep email me Anya77star@gmail.com
    Hello Anna!
    I had the people from the arnold telling me to register through my country, however the IFBB organization in my country ( brazil) says I have to have had at least competed once there... which I never did..I only competed for the NPC here in the US.
    Had you competed for your country before doing the arnold?

Thanks!