Hollowman2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile What is a good starting Full-body program

I have experience lifting in the past but nothing long term. I had a personal trainer about a year ago doing a 3 way split but I made alot of progress on it, more so then I did on all-pros full-body on my own. So I'm hesitant to give another full-body program a try, but the overwhelming opinion from the experienced guys on this forum that full-body is better then splits for a beginner makes me want to give it another try. All-pro is the only one stickied though. what are some good full-body workout programs? or is all-pro considered universally the way to start?

DorianJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DorianJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DorianJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DorianJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DorianJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DorianJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DorianJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DorianJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DorianJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DorianJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DorianJ will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Hollowman2 View Post
    I have experience lifting in the past but nothing long term. I had a personal trainer about a year ago doing a 3 way split but I made alot of progress on it, more so then I did on all-pros full-body on my own. So I'm hesitant to give another full-body program a try, but the overwhelming opinion from the experienced guys on this forum that full-body is better then splits for a beginner makes me want to give it another try. All-pro is the only one stickied though. what are some good full-body workout programs? or is all-pro considered universally the way to start?
    I like Grey Skull LP

cassas00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassas00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassas00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassas00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassas00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassas00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassas00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassas00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassas00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassas00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassas00 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I like All Pro's because it's idiot proof. It tells you exactly how many reps to do and the amount weight to increase which means you never lift the same weight twice thus you are always progressing. You should never lift the same weight for the same amount of reps (though there are off days).

But there are loads of full body routines out there. You could even create your own by choosing your favourite exercises.

For example

squats
    calf raises
    deads
    rows
    bench press
    military press
    bicep curls
    skull crushers

You could then pick a rep scheme that suits your goals. for example say 8-10. If you can do 10 increase the weight, then aim for 6 reps, once you can do 6 reps, next workout do 8 reps, next workout do 10 reps, next workout increase weight and aim for 6 reps again etc. Obviously if you increase the weight and can manage 10 again do it then increase it again. Some exercises you can increase rapidly like squats and deads. you can could add 5kg to the bar every time whereas exercises like Curls would require smaller increments.

At the moment I'm doing a simplified version of HST and I'm enjoying it.

But ultimately your goal will dictate your routine.
    "I want to grow. I want to be better. You Grow. We all grow. We're made to grow.You either evolve or you disappear. " - Tupac Shakur