Thread: Hrt solo log

xMauroHCx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xMauroHCx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xMauroHCx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xMauroHCx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xMauroHCx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xMauroHCx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xMauroHCx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xMauroHCx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xMauroHCx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xMauroHCx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xMauroHCx is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Hrt solo log

Hi everyone.
    After been searching for a good bulking plan for the past few weeks I've finally made the choice to start the HRT solo program... I'm currently on a week off after finish a 12 weeks cycle of FST/7 from which I've got good results, so I plan to start with HRT the next monday.
    I plan to gain as much mass as I possibly can in this 12 weeks period without carrying too much bodyfat.
    I'm currently in Venezuela so I don't have access to lot of supplements since the situation here is kinda hard and they are impossible to find and even more to afford, so the only supplement I'm taking is one scoop of isolate whey protein after workout, multivamins and omega3.

My diet will be basically this:

/breakfast
    3 whole eggs
    2 slice whole wheat bread
    1 oz. mozzarella cheese

/lunch (pre/workout)
    200gr cooked grain (between lentils, chick peas, beans and peas mostly)
    100gr uncooked pasta
    1 tbs olive oil
    100gr chicken or meat

/postworkout shake
    25gr whey isolate
    30gr maltodextrin
    1 banana

/dinner (postworkout meal)
    200gr chicken or meat
    1 cup cooked pasta, rice or potatoes
    1 tbs olive oil

/night snack
    1 cup of skim milk or 1/2 cup egg whites

/pre-bed snack
    1/2 cup greek yogurt
    1oz sliced almonds

I accept suggestions/tips from guys who have completed the program (even better if solo) and tips/suggestions about the diet too.

Hope to start the program the monday feeling fresh after this week off to deload and recuperate from my previous program.

xMauroHCx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xMauroHCx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xMauroHCx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xMauroHCx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xMauroHCx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xMauroHCx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xMauroHCx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xMauroHCx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xMauroHCx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xMauroHCx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xMauroHCx is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Finally the day has come. After a full week off the gym I was stoked to get back to the weight and excited to start a new plan totally different from my last one (fst7)

DAY 1
    /dumbbell overhead press / 10kg each one 2 x 8+6
    i started with the barbell during warm up as stated in the videos but I felt unconfortable with the movement so switched to dumbbells after warm up. anyway I didn't liked it as I focused more on stabilize the db during the negative that to count 5 sec. I think the next week I will switch to my favourite ohp behind the back barbell press.

/db lateral raise seated / 5kg each 2 x 8 + 6
    really liked these, I went light to make sure I was going to finish the whole reps, loved the burn

/ez bar front raises / bar only 2 x 8 + 6
    i was not sure about this because my front delts are really well developed and didnt want to bring them up even more but at the end I decided to do them anyway. used only the bar as I wanted to be strict with those. good burn

/barbell curl / olympic bar only 2x8+6
    felt a good pump during those, think I will increase the weight next time

/reverse bb curl / ez bar weight + 2.5kg plate on each side
    great movement for the negative, didnt performed these in a long time. good burn

/ reverse bb wrist curl / ez bar only
    loved these, really felt the forearm working since I didnt performed these in a long time

/ bb wrist curl / ez bar + 2.5 kg plate weight on each side
    again great burn and loved the negatives.

got 25gr protein from a whey shake and a medium banana post workout

I liked the workout just didn't felt it so much in the shoulder for the problem with the initial overhead press, hope to solve it next week.
    still no accustomed to 2 sets per movement and 2/3 minutes rest between sets since I've always done 4 sets with 1 min rest. maybe I need to raise the weights since I started pretty light for finish the whole sets. looking forward tomorrow for leg day.

DAY 2

/leg press 2 plates of 20kg on each side + the machine weight for the first set and 3 plates of 20kg each side for the second 2x8+6
    felt a good burn, the first set was a bit half assed so I adjusted, anyway this is week is for calibrate the weights

/hack squat 10kg plate each side + machine weight 2x8+6
    never done these before and I totally loved this movement, it even had security pins in case of fail, amazing burn, plan to increase weight next time

/leg extension not sure about weight, just about 6 plates and 7 in the second set 2x8+6
    my legs were shaking during the negatives, felt really good

/SLDL 5kg each side + olympic bar weight. 2x8+6
    didnt like these since i didnt had the right balance during the negatives, plan to do seated leg curl next time instead.

/lying leg curl 6 plates 2x8+6
    these felt amazing, the hams were exhausted.

post workout a banana and 25gr whey isolate

great workout, a lot better than yesterday, probably still learning the proper tecnique during the negatives. i guess once the weights are right the program will give me the results I expect since im not used to low volume and high intensity

rest/cardio, abs day tomorrow. stoked about chest and tris

DAY 4

today was a really great hrt workout, probably the best till now

/decline bench press 12kg each side plus olympic bar 1x8+6 and 15kg each side plus olympic bar for 1x8+6
    at the end of the second set I started to feel my chest really pumped, plan to start with 15kg each side next time and maybe increase

/incline bench press 10kg each side plus olympic bar 2x8+6
    do these after the decline since i want to improve my upper pec, totally worth it, chest even more pumped, probably stay this weigh next time

/flat bench press 12kg each side + olympic bar 2x8+6
    I started with the idea of 15kg each side for the second set but gave up after the first which was hard, by the end my chest was so full

/incline db extens 15kg db 2x8+6
    started with these cause i want to focus more on the long head, felt great, went light to master the movement, next time 17.5kg db at least

/skull crusher to forehead 2.5kg each side + ezbar and 5kg each side + ezbar for the second set 2x8+6
    loved these, totally under control, nice burn and amazing pump by the end, perfect form.

after stretching and all went to abs since yesterday i didnt had the chance to join the gym for light cardio and abs
    for abs did this circuit 3 times with 45sec rest between circuit... incline leg raises (15) + decline sit up (15) + plank (30 sec) + side plank (30sec each)

ready for back, traps, rear delts and calves tomorrow... I really start to appreciate HRT right now, short workouts and great pump plus perfect form... next week start the serious pain since i took this week to calibrate the weights (which not means half ass workout at all)

didnt had the chance to post yesterday so here it goes...

DAY 5

/wide grip pulldowns 8 of the stack 2x8+6
    maybe I went too light on these since i didnt felt fatigue but the negatives were still hard

/seated cable row 8 stack 2x8+6
    Increased the weights on the second set and i started to feel the burn, great movement

/tbar rows olympica bar + 20kg plate 2x8+6
    these felt great, loved this movement

/barbell shrugs olympic bar + 15kg plates each side 2x8+6
    loved how the negatives felt during this, traps are one of my favourites bodypart to train and probably a stubborn one so I hope this will help

/rear delt incline bench raises 5kg db 2x8+6
    didnt realized how heavy 5kg db were till this movement... couldnt stop the db at the top and the negatives were so hard

/seated calves raises 10kg each side 2x8+6
    amazing burn, my calves felt to pumped

/legpress calves press 11 stack 2x8+6
    by the time there were done my calves were killing me

overall first week was good, need to increase some weights and change some exercises but I like the program till now... im still working on getting 3/4 minutes rest between set and doing low volume but i love how short the workouts are.

WEEK 2, day 1

/behind the neck press olympc bar + 5kg each side for the first set and 7,5kg each side for the second set 2x8+6
    i really liked this movement, perfect form and good long negatives, increased the weight on the second set to be sure to go near failure on the negatives.

/lateral raises 7,5kg db 2x8+6
    last week I did 5kg db but i felt it not enough hard so i increased... after the first set i felt it was heavy but kept the weight on the second... good slow painful negatives

/upright rows 5kg each side + ezbar 2x8+6
    changed front raises for these since my front delts are way too developed... felt a little pain in the rotator cuff but nothing to worry

/barbell curl ezbar + 5kg each side 2x8+6
    the negatives on these were HARD, good pump and burn

/reverse bb curl ezbar + 2,5kg each side 2x8+6
    starting to love this movement, good pump and burn

/reverse wrist curl ezbar 2x8+6
    wanted to add 2,5kg plates each side but after the first set my forearms were already in pain so i kept the ezbar only... painful burn with the negatives

/wrist curl ezbar + 5kg each side 2x8+6
    these felt good, increased the weight since last week and still completed the sets... forearms were destroyed.

loved this workout, i was sweating lke crazy by the end... definitively i can say that I-ll stick with the program for the next 11 weeks... stoked for legs tomorrow (and i almost never do) haha

so i had a pretty busy week and my internet was lame and didnt worked properly so here are the logs for the rest of the week...

DAY 2 / 2x8+6 on every movement

/leg press 30kg plates on each side + machine weight
    felt a good burn during the negatives, the last set was hard

/hack squat 7,5kg each side + machine weight
    went down on weight since the first week (10kg) since i felt a little fatigued, anyway these were hard and going to increase the weight next time

/leg extension 7 plates
    these were hard, went slow and smooth for the negatives

/seated leg curl 5 plates
    changed these for sldl since i didnt liked the movement with the negatives... good burn and pump for hams

/lying leg curls 6 plates
    finished the hams with these... hams were fried.

DAY 4 / 2x8+6

/decline bench press 15kg each side + olympic bar
    felt it heavier this week maybe for slowing down the negatives

/incline bench press 10kg each side + olympic bar
    literally dying during the last set of negatives, but felt an amazing pump

/bench press 12.5kg each side + olympic bar
    had to go 2.5kg each side lighter since I felt I couldnt finish the sets otherwise... chest destroyed and still sore today

/overhead incline db ext 15kg
    wanted to go heavier this week but my tricep were already hitted pretty hard so instead slowed down even more the negatives... tricep incredibly pumped

/skull crushers 2.5kg each side + ez bar and 5kg each side + ez bar second set
    the second set was brutal and in a good way very painful.

DAY 5

/pulldowns 100lb
    felt those in my lats but still not feeling the same burn as in my chest or other bodyparts... the negatives were hard

/seated cable row 7plates
    i went the heaviest I can before adding 10kg each plates on the workstation so probably going to change it for seated machine row next week

/tbar rows 22.5kg + olympic bar
    these felt good, probably felt them in my lower back but good burn... going to increase next time

/revers peck fly machine 6 plates
    changed these for isolating the rear delts more since I need to bring them up... good burn

/shrugs 12.5kg each side + olympic bar
    went 2.5kg lighter to slow down the negatives even more... good sets but still feel I need more volume in my traps...

/seated calf raises 10kg each side + machine weight
    these burned like hell, calves pumped all night

/incline leg press calves 20kg each side + machine weight
    by the end of the last set calves were exhausted... felt amazing