Hermenator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

losing w/o training

I have two full time jobs Monday-Friday. I get 3-4 hr sleep a day m-f. I get the weekend off. I am 49 and putting weight on like crazy. Any suggestions on how I can turn this around? Maybe a good weight loss stack and eating right through the week and weight training on weekend,......?

Location: Santo Domingo, Distrito Nacional, Dominican Republic
    LordWolF will become famous soon enough. (+50) LordWolF will become famous soon enough. (+50) LordWolF will become famous soon enough. (+50) LordWolF will become famous soon enough. (+50) LordWolF will become famous soon enough. (+50) LordWolF will become famous soon enough. (+50) LordWolF will become famous soon enough. (+50) LordWolF will become famous soon enough. (+50) LordWolF will become famous soon enough. (+50) LordWolF will become famous soon enough. (+50) LordWolF will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Hermenator View Post
    I have two full time jobs Monday-Friday. I get 3-4 hr sleep a day m-f. I get the weekend off. I am 49 and putting weight on like crazy. Any suggestions on how I can turn this around? Maybe a good weight loss stack and eating right through the week and weight training on weekend,......?
    Whats your food intake?
    - Journey Started January 2014 -

Bulking Mode [] Goal from 0 to 0
    Cutting Mode [x] Goal from 200 to 170

-=G O A L S=- ❚█══█❚

-LOG-
    1.Cut from 190 to 170===Jan190-Jun169 [Done]
    2.Cut from 170 to 160===Jul169-Sep164 [Failed]
    3.Bulk from 164 to 200===Sep164-Aug200 [Done]
    4.Bulk from 200 to 220===Aug200-Dec185 [Failed] Got really sick.

-2021-
    Cut from 200 to 170===Aug200-Dec000 [In Progress]

)X( Natrulinalol Crew )X( - @wolfvander33

Registered User devilsrule61287's Avatar
    devilsrule61287 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devilsrule61287 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devilsrule61287 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devilsrule61287 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devilsrule61287 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devilsrule61287 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devilsrule61287 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devilsrule61287 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devilsrule61287 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devilsrule61287 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devilsrule61287 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Two days of weight training over the weekends can certainly help you burn some calories and preserve some muscle mass (which is important while losing weight). As for your week, I can see why 2 jobs and 3-4 hours sleep makes it insanely difficult to prioritize health and fitness. I would say to cover your bases over the weekend, before the grind starts. Make your meals in bulk on a Sunday, package and portion everything so that you can just grab and go during the week. If the meal is all set and ready, it takes no effort during the busy times, plus you will feel "obligated" to stick with the healthy food you made (since you went through the effort to cook it), as opposed to picking up garbage. Thats really the most important thing. For someone with a lot to lose, diet/nutrition is the most important thing by far. So prioritize that all week long.

And of course, just do the little things that burn calories over the course of the day. Take the stairs instead of the elevator, go for a brisk walk during a work break, etc. Maybe buy a set of adjustable dumbbells to use at home for a quick 15-20 minute workout either in the morning or after work. Just something to stay active. And on the weekends, you can get in a solid gym session. That should absolutely be enough to get you started.

Neofolis will become famous soon enough. (+50) Neofolis will become famous soon enough. (+50) Neofolis will become famous soon enough. (+50) Neofolis will become famous soon enough. (+50) Neofolis will become famous soon enough. (+50) Neofolis will become famous soon enough. (+50) Neofolis will become famous soon enough. (+50) Neofolis will become famous soon enough. (+50) Neofolis will become famous soon enough. (+50) Neofolis will become famous soon enough. (+50) Neofolis will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If training is difficult for you, try to get your diet in order first. Going by your weight you %BF is going to be quite high, so even without training you probably won't lose too much muscle to begin with, although I would still suggest keeping your protein as high as possible to help to avoid muscle loss. If you can get used to consuming less calories than your maintenance level without any exercise, you will still lose weight, but it would be a good idea to start weights as soon as you can, because you will start to lose more muscle at some point. Muscle maintenance requires a lot less work than building muscle, but you would still ideally want to do something like two full body workouts per week and having them on consecutive days will not really work, as you won't have recovered from the previous day. You could do weights on Saturday and cardio/hiit on Sunday, but at some point the one session of weights per week is unlikely to be enough to prevent muscle loss. Is there any way you can reschedule anything?

Compy386 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Compy386 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Compy386 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Compy386 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Compy386 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Compy386 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Compy386 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Compy386 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Compy386 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Compy386 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Compy386 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Quit one? Just throwing that out. Maybe there are things you can do without?

If not then that sucks, and if you're unable to train you will just need to count calories. It's possible to lose without training of course, you just have to eat less food.
    Started 2013: 450 lbs
    Success 2014: 270 lbs
    Failure 2015-2016: 375 lbs
    Old Thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163377891

Starting again.

KCTonyG will become famous soon enough. (+50) KCTonyG will become famous soon enough. (+50) KCTonyG will become famous soon enough. (+50) KCTonyG will become famous soon enough. (+50) KCTonyG will become famous soon enough. (+50) KCTonyG will become famous soon enough. (+50) KCTonyG will become famous soon enough. (+50) KCTonyG will become famous soon enough. (+50) KCTonyG will become famous soon enough. (+50) KCTonyG will become famous soon enough. (+50) KCTonyG will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Compy386 View Post
    Quit one? Just throwing that out. Maybe there are things you can do without?

If not then that sucks, and if you're unable to train you will just need to count calories. It's possible to lose without training of course, you just have to eat less food.
    I agree with this suggestion.

I did the two full-time job thing for 1.5 years. I ate like crap the entire time, rarely slept, and gained a ton of weight. You have to ask yourself if the extra money is worth it. I was relatively young when I did it at age 25-26, but it still was absolutely horrible for me. At 49, you could be looking at more health issues than I care to name.

Ever since I dropped from 475 pounds down to 225 pounds, I swore one thing, that no matter what, my health and well being is priority number one, over money. Remember you can't take care of your family if you are sick, ill, or injured.
    What is Perseverance?
    -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
    -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
    -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN!!!

imjustafella has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    losing weight is just calories in calories out. eat less and you will lose weight.