TinMan42 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

What are the best, full-body free weight lifts and cardios?

I'm beginning to get a bit burned out on trying to figure out which workout plan I should do to get stronger or more athletic AND to build muscle. I'm spending more time trying to read about it and find some guide than I am actually going out and doing it. So I'm going to ask it like this: What lifting exercises does anyone recommend for full-body strength and muscle gain, and what cardio workouts are best for flexibility and stamina gain?

I already plan on doing some running, a LOT of walking, and even some swimming for the sake of leg work and stamina, and from what I've read, part of the point of SS is the use of barbell weight lifting exercises that work most of the body in an efficient amount of time. Also, from what I remember reading and being told by my old gym teacher, if I want to BUILD muscle, I need to push further in my reps, and possibly reach muscle failure either on the first set, or the last set. I'm not that sure.

Basically, I'm thinking of doing push-ups, chin-ups, and squats, then SS workouts except for cleans because that looks too ****ing dangerous for me to do for now (will do rows instead), and then on off-days, I do cardio such as running, or bike-riding, or swimming.
    Last edited by TinMan42; 08-31-2014 at 02:00 PM.

taxgeek is a name known to all. (+5000) taxgeek is a name known to all. (+5000) taxgeek is a name known to all. (+5000) taxgeek is a name known to all. (+5000) taxgeek is a name known to all. (+5000) taxgeek is a name known to all. (+5000) taxgeek is a name known to all. (+5000) taxgeek is a name known to all. (+5000) taxgeek is a name known to all. (+5000) taxgeek is a name known to all. (+5000) taxgeek is a name known to all. (+5000)
    squats, deadlifts, jump rope IMO

Brozef has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brozef has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brozef has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brozef has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brozef has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brozef has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brozef has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brozef has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brozef has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brozef has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brozef has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The big 5 barbell compounds: squat, dead lift, bent over rows, bench press and over head press.

As for cardio, it doesn't really matter. Just pick an exercise you can handle doing all the time. What I mean is, don't pick a cardio exercise based on how well it's supposed to work, pick one you can get yourself to actually do consistently. Picking one that you may not like simply because it may work better is a quick way to burn out. Picking one that is hard to do consistently is a sure path to inconsistency.
    Last edited by Brozef; 08-31-2014 at 02:21 PM.

So barbell compounds and jogging/running/biking and occasionally swimming if I feel like it. Any other physical exercise like push-ups and jumpin' jacks I could use?

Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    do stronglifts 5x5 and do cardio AFTER your weight training, not on your rest days...you'll learn to love your rest days
    OG

CerebralZen will become famous soon enough. (+50) CerebralZen will become famous soon enough. (+50) CerebralZen will become famous soon enough. (+50) CerebralZen will become famous soon enough. (+50) CerebralZen will become famous soon enough. (+50) CerebralZen will become famous soon enough. (+50) CerebralZen will become famous soon enough. (+50) CerebralZen will become famous soon enough. (+50) CerebralZen will become famous soon enough. (+50) CerebralZen will become famous soon enough. (+50) CerebralZen will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Lifts: At least do these - Squats, Deadlifts, Bench Press, Over Head Press (IMHO)
    Cardio: Lift Weights... Faster. lol Seriously, I like to surf and sometimes I like to run.
    Never Give Up

Alright! I got one more question:

With a combo of proper diet, proper cardio and weightlifting, and watching my posture, this will shrink down my fat tuckus and make it not protrude so damn badly, correct?