SirGareth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Will this workout schedule work?

Hi,

I have very little experience with weight training (I took a power fit course in high school for five months) and I'm trying to make a good workout schedule. I'm a skinny 20 year old and I want to build my muscle mass in my upper body.

What I have right now is:

Mon: biceps/triceps/shoulders
    Tue: chest/back/abs
    Wed: rest
    Thu: biceps/triceps/shoulders
    Fri: chest/back/abs
    Sat: rest
    Sun: rest

I'll do two exercises for each muscle on its given day, 3 sets for each exercise, with about 10 reps. Should I change anything here.

I should also mention that I work as a dishwasher on weekends. This involves picking up and carrying heavy-ish trays (for me) of dishes into the kitchen on and off for about five hours on each day. Would this interfere with what is supposed to be my rest period?

Again, I'm very new to this and any help would be appreciated.

magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    yes, you should train legs ,and no you dont have naturally big legs.

Strength Enthusiast Retardo-pex's Avatar
    Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by SirGareth View Post
    Hi,

I have very little experience with weight training (I took a power fit course in high school for five months) and I'm trying to make a good workout schedule. I'm a skinny 20 year old and I want to build my muscle mass in my upper body.

What I have right now is:

Mon: biceps/triceps/shoulders
    Tue: chest/back/abs
    Wed: rest
    Thu: biceps/triceps/shoulders
    Fri: chest/back/abs
    Sat: rest
    Sun: rest

I'll do two exercises for each muscle on its given day, 3 sets for each exercise, with about 10 reps. Should I change anything here.

I should also mention that I work as a dishwasher on weekends. This involves picking up and carrying heavy-ish trays (for me) of dishes into the kitchen on and off for about five hours on each day. Would this interfere with what is supposed to be my rest period?

Again, I'm very new to this and any help would be appreciated.
    You should use a workout that is already out there. You want to work/fatigue all the muscles on day 1/2 that are going to be required to get any benefit out of day 3/4. You have no leg work listed, which is just plain lazy. The easiest way to limit and injur yourself is to purposefully not train a muscle group.