Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    GrahamT1234 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Why does everyone have a problem now?

As long as I can remember there have always been high interval circuit training. I know many college and professional sports programs have trainers use this style of training to prepare their athletes.

I would say most high level athletes such as MMA fighters use this type of training vs the body building style of training.

This style of training has been called many different names such as caveman training, circuit training, sports performance.

Its most common name today is cross fit.

My question is why has no one ever had a problem with this style of training in the past, when it was called something else. BUT now that it is called Cross fit people are hating on it like none other.

Whats with all the hate, there are many many people who have never worked out before who with Cross fit, there are so many successful weight loss stories because of cross fit.

Shouldn't the entire community of fitness enthusiast be happy that more people are becoming healthy and taking their physical well being more seriously?

What's your take, try not to be rude. I would like respectable answers not insults.

Thanks

Zaak84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zaak84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zaak84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zaak84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zaak84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zaak84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zaak84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think what people critic in crossfit are the absence of security and some dumb exercices

Fat Ass not a option! 21infantry's Avatar
    21infantry is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 21infantry is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 21infantry is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 21infantry is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 21infantry is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 21infantry is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 21infantry is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 21infantry is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 21infantry is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 21infantry is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 21infantry is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Well, I am no Crossfit expert, but I have actually done some in the Military, if you take out some of the stupid crap in it, its effective and gets people to exercise, there are some good cross fit places and there are crappy cross fit places. Over all I have no problem with it. Its better then sitting on the couch.
    Current Maxes 6/10/2015 and End of year Goals

Bench 260/300 *RTS CREW*
    Squat 345/405 *Bombed First Meet Crew*
    Dead 440/500

Originally Posted by 21infantry View Post
    Well, I am no Crossfit expert, but I have actually done some in the Military, if you take out some of the stupid crap in it, its effective and gets people to exercise, there are some good cross fit places and there are crappy cross fit places. Over all I have no problem with it. Its better then sitting on the couch.
    I agree, there are some good places and bad places.

VanillaBearB is a name known to all. (+5000) VanillaBearB is a name known to all. (+5000) VanillaBearB is a name known to all. (+5000) VanillaBearB is a name known to all. (+5000) VanillaBearB is a name known to all. (+5000) VanillaBearB is a name known to all. (+5000) VanillaBearB is a name known to all. (+5000) VanillaBearB is a name known to all. (+5000) VanillaBearB is a name known to all. (+5000) VanillaBearB is a name known to all. (+5000) VanillaBearB is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I haven't ever followed a cross-fit program but the gym I was at when I was at my parents had one strong as hell guy who trained with crossfit principles.

I remember him doing something called a Hero's workout which was dedicated to some guy in the forces who passed away. It was something like:

275lb Deadlift x 5
    13 Push-ups
    9 Box Jumps on to a 24" box.

AMRAP in 30 minutes. **** that took a lot of conditioning ability and endurance. He did about 15 circuits I think, the guy was pretty jacked compared to most gym goers anyway.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165717061

Fat Ass not a option! 21infantry's Avatar
    21infantry is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 21infantry is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 21infantry is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 21infantry is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 21infantry is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 21infantry is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 21infantry is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 21infantry is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 21infantry is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 21infantry is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 21infantry is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    As VanillaBear has said, I have run into some pretty jacked cross fitters, whatever they seem to be doing seems to be working. Don't know the Science behind it, but if it works it works. Just not my cup of tea to be honest.
    Current Maxes 6/10/2015 and End of year Goals

Bench 260/300 *RTS CREW*
    Squat 345/405 *Bombed First Meet Crew*
    Dead 440/500

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by GrahamT1234 View Post
    As long as I can remember there have always been high interval circuit training. I know many college and professional sports programs have trainers use this style of training to prepare their athletes.

I would say most high level athletes such as MMA fighters use this type of training vs the body building style of training.

This style of training has been called many different names such as caveman training, circuit training, sports performance.

My question is why has no one ever had a problem with this style of training in the past, when it was called something else. BUT now that it is called Cross fit people are hating on it like none other.

Whats with all the hate, there are many many people who have never worked out before who with Cross fit, there are so many successful weight loss stories because of cross fit.

Shouldn't the entire community of fitness enthusiast be happy that more people are becoming healthy and taking their physical well being more seriously?

What's your take, try not to be rude. I would like respectable answers not insults.

Thanks
    You must be new here.

Performing medium-to-high-skill exercises against the clock is plain old stupid.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    Circuit training and crossfit are two completely different things.

You might want to learn about the differences before sounding like an idiot.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Wildtim View Post

And then there's ^^^^ this. I was too lazy to point out that gaffe in my previous post.

My comment about crossfit still stands though; only knuckleheads, or those dumb enough to allow themselves to be trained by knuckleheads, do medium-to-high-skill barbell exercises against a clock.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

TheQuiet has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheQuiet has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheQuiet has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheQuiet has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheQuiet has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheQuiet has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheQuiet has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheQuiet has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheQuiet has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheQuiet has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheQuiet has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Yes, I was going to post this. I was curious about this new 'craze' called CrossFit and I researched that it was just a combination of a lot of different methods of working out, such as calisthenics, powerlifting, gymnastics, etc., performed at high-intensity.

I think this program is more of a faze that will die out. It doesn't seem very credible.

Circuit training is a form of body conditioning or resistance training using high-intensity aerobics. It targets strength building and muscular endurance.

Sounds a lot like the stuff that goes on at in Cross Fit Gyms.

You also offer nothing more than an ignorant and clearly biased opinion.

No offense but you honestly look like a fat old out of shape person - so why would I or anyone care what you have to say. Just an observation not an insult - like when you called me an idiot.

Instead of name calling why don't you offer up some intelligent argument as to why people have a problem with crossfit all of a sudden - when the same style of work outs under different names never received the criticism.

Or why so many professional sports trainers use this style?

C'mon man you're better that that, or you should be look at all the comments you've made.

Silva123456 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think it's because crossfit is pretty popular for females (at least where i live,) this makes the bros look down on the entire sport because they subconsciously view themselves as above women. Just a thought...
    Trying to start a fitness (or just awesome people in general,) by making a blog. It's www.theaverage-joe.com Going there and subscribing would go a long way towards making this up and coming triathlete/bodybuilder hybrid very motivated and happy, and you won't regret it! Thanks and have a nice day! :)

Some Assembly Required BalyunPex's Avatar
    BalyunPex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BalyunPex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BalyunPex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BalyunPex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BalyunPex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BalyunPex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BalyunPex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BalyunPex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BalyunPex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BalyunPex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BalyunPex has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Circuit training is a form of body conditioning or resistance training using high-intensity aerobics. It targets strength building and muscular endurance.
    Circuit training does not "target" strength building; it is mostly CV endurance.

Plagiarizing your info from Wiki indicates that Wildtim's observation of your knowledge level is ... pretty much on target.

Originally Posted by Wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circuit_training
    Cy8 5/3/1 SQ:255 - BP:235 - DL:345 - OHP:150

Action Figure Sold Separately

Originally Posted by BalyunPex View Post
    Circuit training does not "target" strength building; it is mostly CV endurance.

Plagiarizing your info from Wiki indicates that Wildtim's observation of your knowledge level is ... pretty much on target.
    First, Cross fit consist of a lot of Cardiovascular activities during a training session.

Second, Are you serious? You can't plagiarize the definition of something because that's what it is.

I went to a third party on purpose to support and validate my earlier claims.

Originally Posted by Silva123456 View Post
    I think it's because crossfit is pretty popular for females (at least where i live,) this makes the bros look down on the entire sport because they subconsciously view themselves as above women. Just a thought...
    I would agree with that statement. I know it is hugely popular with women in my area as well.

I can see how some women doing cross fit and those same women possibly having a have lower Body fat percentage than some men lifting traditional ways would irritate them.

BoB335 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BoB335 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BoB335 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BoB335 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BoB335 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BoB335 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BoB335 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BoB335 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BoB335 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BoB335 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BoB335 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You're fighting a losing battle with some of these "IDIOTS"!!! I've had some great help with my questions and the same idiots that you have here NEVER have anything good to say. Don't take it personal!

BalyunPex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BalyunPex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BalyunPex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BalyunPex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BalyunPex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BalyunPex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BalyunPex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BalyunPex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BalyunPex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BalyunPex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BalyunPex has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    First, Cross fit consist of a lot of Cardiovascular activities during a training session.
    Oh. Well in that case, circuit-training has everything to do with strength building then. Your example that "Cross fit consist of a lot of Cardiovascular activities" certainly makes the case for circuit-training's strength focus -- so many competitive burpees performed in Olympic Weightlifting events, Powerlifting competitions, and Strongman exhibitions. Oh wait. No, that doesn't really happen.

Perhaps you can communicate your point in a manner that ... has a point?

As noted earlier, a big knock on X-Fit is the notion that performing technical moves like deadlifts, for as many as possible as fast as possible, is a "good idea".

It's rather quite like your notion that circuit-training is strength-oriented.

Second, Are you serious? You can't plagiarize the definition of something because that's what it is.
    It would be customary to attribute your quote to Wiki then. Wiki's excerpt is not a definition -- it's a poorly-formed opinion. Which you attempted to pass off as your own "original thought". You know ... plagiarism by definition, and all that.

Originally Posted by BoB335 View Post
    You're fighting a losing battle with some of these "IDIOTS"!!! I've had some great help with my questions and the same idiots that you have here NEVER have anything good to say. Don't take it personal!
    Agreed, and I don't take it personal.

My goal was to understand where the disdain for CF came from, so I cam to a website called Bodybuilding.com.

I did want not to debate one vs the other because obviously like you said it would be a losing battle.

But they clearly didn't read the question or maybe they couldn't comprehend what I was asking and resorted to basing thinking I was trying to get into a pissing contest with them.

I anticipated this but I thought I'd get at least to page two before it started.

Originally Posted by BalyunPex View Post
    Oh. Well in that case, circuit-training has everything to do with strength building then. Your example that "Cross fit consist of a lot of Cardiovascular activities" certainly makes the case for circuit-training's strength focus -- so many competitive burpees performed in Olympic Weightlifting events, Powerlifting competitions, and Strongman exhibitions. Oh wait. No, that doesn't really happen.

Perhaps you can communicate your point in a manner that ... has a point?

As noted earlier, a big knock on X-Fit is the notion that performing technical moves like deadlifts, for as many as possible as fast as possible, is a "good idea".

It's rather quite like your notion that circuit-training is strength-oriented.

It would be customary to attribute your quote to Wiki then. Wiki's excerpt is not a definition -- it's a poorly-formed opinion. Which you attempted to pass off as your own "original thought". You know ... plagiarism by definition, and all that.
    If I had the slightest idea that you would begin attacking me for plagiarism a definition I would have given you my source.

I didn't know your argument was so weak that you needed it.

You've never done low weight high repetition? You've never done burn outs?

Or is all you do is your 3 or 1 rep maxes?

Are you trying to tell me that doing heavy weight for less than 6 reps every set is better for you than low weight high rep?

Are you saying that cardiovascular and strength training cannot co-exist in the same work out?

You've never done low weight high repetition? You've never done burn outs?

Or is all you do is your 3 or 1 rep maxes?

Are you trying to tell me that doing heavy weight for less than 6 reps every set is better for you than low weight high rep?

Are you saying that cardiovascular and strength training cannot co-exist in the same work out?
    Misdirection using inane questions does nothing for your assertion that circuit-training targets strength-building.

Do you pack your lunch or simply walk to work?

Should all-you-can-eat buffets charge you more for eating less than you can?

If a librarian finds a self-help book for you, does that defeat the purpose?

Now, about that strength-building ... how much you burpee, bro? Me, 'bout tree-fiddy.

I need about tree fiddy davisj3537's Avatar
    davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz
    Circuit training doesn't necessarily involve high technique olympic lifts done against a clock in a fatigued scenario like Xfit does. Only elite athletes are capable of doing that...not your average joe going to a xfit gym.

Having rank noobs do high tech oly lifts to exhaustion may be one of the absolute dumbest fads in fitness history.

Having said that, some Xfit gyms don't do this. They base workouts around safer and less complicated lifts and don't push into exhaustion. These gyms are few and far between, but can offer an outstanding environment to get in shape for the uninformed noob.
    Experience, not just theory

BoB335 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BoB335 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BoB335 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BoB335 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BoB335 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BoB335 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BoB335 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BoB335 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BoB335 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BoB335 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BoB335 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Agreed, and I don't take it personal.

My goal was to understand where the disdain for CF came from, so I cam to a website called Bodybuilding.com.

I did want not to debate one vs the other because obviously like you said it would be a losing battle.

But they clearly didn't read the question or maybe they couldn't comprehend what I was asking and resorted to basing thinking I was trying to get into a pissing contest with them.

I anticipated this but I thought I'd get at least to page two before it started.
    You basically said it. They CAN'T comprehend what you are asking. Weight lifting is definitely NOT exercise for them. It's NOT even a sport. It's a way of life that no other way of life can match so there's no sense in even trying to understand anything else.

I've been on many different forums. Music, guitar, Bible, live sound reinforcement and others where I came in not knowing anything and asking questions. I had nothing to add to the discussion because I didn't know anything. Many of these I hung around long enough to be able to contribute to the discussion later on and helped noobs with the same questions I once had. I have NEVER faced the harassment, the self-righteous pompous attitudes like I have faced on this forum in 2 days of being on here. You should read the negative crap I've faced on my thread.

DorianJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DorianJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DorianJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DorianJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DorianJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DorianJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DorianJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DorianJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DorianJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DorianJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DorianJ will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I like Crossfit
    What I like the most is the brotherhood phylosophy.
    You enter on a spartan environment, no music, television or other things to distract you and you complete the WOD as group and then feel a sence of accomplishment which must feel pretty unique. I like how it leads to the creation of events like Cross Fit Games or Day in the Park or Beach where people who had never flirted with physical exercises workout for the first time stumbling into it and maintaning it as a habit afterwards.

What I don't like, but this unfortunately is the fate of ANY human product be it Linux, Starting Strength or Christianism, is the cultist fanatical approach of some, many, of its members. I also don't like how it is touted as the best physical activity ever for every goal. When you remove the phylosophy of brotherhood, multi-discipline and spartan environment Cross Training is nother but circuit training.

But I don't think it's dangerous, I know children as young as 6 who does Crossfit and I have never heard of anyone getting injuried. By comparison heavy weight lifting, even with perfect form, is way more dangerous. I don't think barbell exercises against the clock are a problem when the resistance is so little.

Last edited by DorianJ; 09-02-2014 at 07:42 PM.

Originally Posted by DorianJ View Post
    I like Crossfit
    You enter on a spartan environment, no music, television or other things to distract you and you complete the WOD as group and then feel a sence of accomplishment which must feel pretty unique. I like how it leads to the creation of events like Cross Fit Games or Day in the Park or Beach where people who had never flirted with physical exercises workout for the first time stumbling into it and maintaning it as a habit afterwards.

What I don't like, but this unfortunately is the fate of ANY human product be it Linux, Starting Strength or Christianism, is the cultist fanatical approach of some, many, of its members. I also don't like how it is touted as the best physical activity ever for every goal. When you remove the phylosophy of brotherhood, multi-discipline and spartan environment Cross Training is nother but circuit training.

But I don't think it's dangerous, I know children as young as 6 who does Crossfit and I have never heard of anyone getting injuried. By comparison heavy weight lifting, even with perfect form, is way more dangerous. I don't think barbell exercises against the clock are a problem when the resistance is so little.
    The fact that someone with a differing opinion that can articulate it without bashing anyone and has over 1,000 posts here show me that there might actually be some hope for this site. Thanks I needed that!

Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by DorianJ View Post
    I like Crossfit

That's one of the better Cross fit videos I've seen. Usually they are all doing really stupid stuff. Those kids actually look like they are maintaining good form. Someone trained them right.

Strength Enthusiast Retardo-pex's Avatar
    Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000)

Thanks
    I've never seen athletes do 30% olympic movements to exhaustion without knowing how to actually perform the exercise.

Registered User UnknownPreacher's Avatar
    UnknownPreacher will become famous soon enough. (+50) UnknownPreacher will become famous soon enough. (+50) UnknownPreacher will become famous soon enough. (+50) UnknownPreacher will become famous soon enough. (+50) UnknownPreacher will become famous soon enough. (+50) UnknownPreacher will become famous soon enough. (+50) UnknownPreacher will become famous soon enough. (+50) UnknownPreacher will become famous soon enough. (+50) UnknownPreacher will become famous soon enough. (+50) UnknownPreacher will become famous soon enough. (+50) UnknownPreacher will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Because today a crossfitter showed me his routine and when i saw calf raise 5x5 i stopped reading. What the ****

I thought you guys only follow WOD's

I can do this all day Farley1324's Avatar
    Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Because a lot of what crossfit does is ****ing retarded. This thread has explained some of it.

wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Crossfit coach checking in... this thread is new and exciting

DorianJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DorianJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DorianJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DorianJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DorianJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DorianJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DorianJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DorianJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DorianJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DorianJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DorianJ will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Mdenatale View Post
    That's one of the better Cross fit videos I've seen. Usually they are all doing really stupid stuff. Those kids actually look like they are maintaining good form. Someone trained them right.
    But unfortunately this is common in every sport and gym. There are bad trainers and trainess and good trainers and trainees. How many times have you seen people deadlifting like idiots at your gym? Me? Countless. And you're more likely to get away with deadlifting 50 lbs against a clock with bad form than deadlifting 350 lbs for 6 reps with bad form. That's also why, injuries are more common in gyms than in Crossfit boxes