Occasional User KrnPratapSingh1's Avatar
    KrnPratapSingh1 is not very helpful. (-500) KrnPratapSingh1 is not very helpful. (-500) KrnPratapSingh1 is not very helpful. (-500) KrnPratapSingh1 is not very helpful. (-500) KrnPratapSingh1 is not very helpful. (-500) KrnPratapSingh1 is not very helpful. (-500) KrnPratapSingh1 is not very helpful. (-500) KrnPratapSingh1 is not very helpful. (-500) KrnPratapSingh1 is not very helpful. (-500) KrnPratapSingh1 is not very helpful. (-500) KrnPratapSingh1 is not very helpful. (-500)

Question HELP! Does Sprint training really increase HGH? How was your experience with HIIT?

Hey guys, this is a bit long but I hope you read the entire post.

The thing is four months ago I fell in my bathroom, as I was falling as a natural reaction I spread out my right hand to lessen the impact but instead I landed on my thumb and injured my ulnar collateral ligament, it all happened within a second. I had an X-ray done four days later and it said no dislocation/fracture and then instead of splinting my thumb and applying Ice I just took pain killers because I had to write my exams, hence further aggravating the injury. Besides my mother and uncle advised me to apply heat(hot water) to my thumb. Now I realize how wrong it was to apply heat on a fresh injury and how my mother's so called "life experience" screwed me. Recently I had injured my knee but this time I did not listen to my mother/uncles apply hot water crap & strictly adhered to the RICE treatment and now my knee is just as it was before and after 3 weeks my knee is absolutely perfect so now I have started applying heat on my knee just to increase blood circulation and will counitue applying hot water on my knee for some more days.
    Coming back to my right thumb, I injured it; then on wrong advice applied heat instead of ice to the injured area when the injury was still fresh and even worse with the same wounded thumb wrote five 3 hour exams by taking painkillers and did not splint(rest) my thumb in the initial phase. But I had to write the exams otherwise I would have failed an academic year!
    Then I had a prior booking on my trip to USA so that made it another month of delay. Then fuked my knee so lost more time but the knee is completely well now.
    Man Ligament injuries suck! It seems my thumb is taking forever to repair itself. I cannot do lifting because almost every exercise requires you to hold stuff, even push ups are accompanied by discomfort. Can't squat or lunge with weight, squatting requires holding the bar on your traps and I don't want to do lunges with a dumbbell in my left hand only.
    So here's the deal;I have read articles on the web which state that HGH helps in collagen synthesis and since ligaments are made up of collagen, this should help my case. These articles seem logical to me so going by them it can be inferred that HGH and Collagen production/synthesis are directly proportional. Therefore, More HGH= Improved,Better & FASTER Collagen synthesis. Of course I cannot take Synthetic HGH because of the cost and it's lack of availability in my country.For me to get a prescription or referral to take ****tropin is nearly impossible and even If I get to know where it is available, I wont know if it is the real deal or if someone is trying to dupe me by selling some fake/adulterated substance because of the rampant corruption in my place. Further money would be a problem, my parents will definitely oppose to me injecting HGH in my body.
    So I needed to know some natural alternative to raise my HGH levels and I came across two activities Resistance training and Sprinting(HIIT) since weight/resistance training is not possible now as stated above I think running(sprinting) is my last hope. I have read a lot of stuff about HIIT increasing HGH but what I need to know is does sprinting really increase/raise HGH in the body? Is that 500% boost theory legit or is it just broscience?
    If it is true I would like to hear how some of you guys here felt about HIIT training (Sprinting) did it have a positive impact? Did you feel better or worse? What was your Sprinting/HIIT routine like?

Will surely rep helpful replies.
    I know this is a bit too long but please read the entire thing. However I know there might be some tl;dr replies so I am coming up with the cliffs in just a moment.

KrnPratapSingh1 is not very helpful. (-500) KrnPratapSingh1 is not very helpful. (-500) KrnPratapSingh1 is not very helpful. (-500) KrnPratapSingh1 is not very helpful. (-500) KrnPratapSingh1 is not very helpful. (-500) KrnPratapSingh1 is not very helpful. (-500) KrnPratapSingh1 is not very helpful. (-500) KrnPratapSingh1 is not very helpful. (-500) KrnPratapSingh1 is not very helpful. (-500) KrnPratapSingh1 is not very helpful. (-500) KrnPratapSingh1 is not very helpful. (-500)

Arrow Cliffs

- OP fell in his bathroom injuring his right thumb ligament.
    - Didn't rest(splint) the injury in the initial period and aggravated it further by writing exams on painkillers,but Op was under obligation, because missing exams would mean failing an academic year.
    - On wrong advice OP applied Heat(hot water) to the fresh injury instead of Ice. OP does not know about RICE treatment at that time.
    - OP's treatment gets postponed due to various factors which include a knee injury which OP repaired/healed by using the RICE treatment.
    - Op does research and finds out that Growth Hormone helps in collagen synthesis.
    - OP cannot get Synthetic HGH because it is not possible for him to get a prescription and it is very difficult to find real HGH in OP's corrupt country without coming across fraudulent scums trying to dupe OP by selling adulterated/fake substances in the name of HGH, further OP might find it difficult to get that sort of money because his parents will disapprove of him using GH.
    - OP finds natural alternatives to raise HGH and comes across 2 solutions; Resistance (Weight) training and Sprinting(HIIT) but OP cannot do resistance training because every exercise requires holding/gripping stuff which is painful on account of the said injury. OP can't squat with weights because it requires holding the bar on his traps and OP does not want to lunge with a dumbbell in only his left hand.
    - Sprinting is OP's only option.
    - OP needs to know if HIIT really does increase HGH by as much as 500%? or is that just broscience?
    - If true, what does HIIT look like? Running as fast as possible? as if you are being chased by a hungry lion?
    - If legit OP would like to know your personal experience with Sprint training, did you feel better? like better sleep? muscle gains? How often did you do it? What was your routine like?
    - Op will rep helpful replies.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Any highly anerobic activity releases HGH for a short period of time (HIIT, squats etc). This hormone serves multiple functions in the body including energy mobilisation. There would be zero effect on muscle growth or tissue repair because the effect is too transient. Sorry no magic bullet.

Bump.

More replies please!

@SuffolkPunch- could you elaborate a bit? Then why do people exercise if the hormone benefits (elevation in testosterone,dhea,HGH,etc.) fade away in some hours?

Tomohawk92 is not very helpful. (-500) Tomohawk92 is not very helpful. (-500) Tomohawk92 is not very helpful. (-500) Tomohawk92 is not very helpful. (-500) Tomohawk92 is not very helpful. (-500) Tomohawk92 is not very helpful. (-500) Tomohawk92 is not very helpful. (-500) Tomohawk92 is not very helpful. (-500) Tomohawk92 is not very helpful. (-500) Tomohawk92 is not very helpful. (-500) Tomohawk92 is not very helpful. (-500)
    HGH only matters if u eat enough
    Egg foo young, En lo mein, so come on baby and have it just the same woooooynga

connorpat1995 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) connorpat1995 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) connorpat1995 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) connorpat1995 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) connorpat1995 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) connorpat1995 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) connorpat1995 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) connorpat1995 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) connorpat1995 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) connorpat1995 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) connorpat1995 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    No
    Quit worrying about hormone fluctions within the normal range
    log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165742981

nothing but the basics

Originally Posted by Tomohawk92 View Post
    HGH only matters if u eat enough
    Now what is that supposed to mean?

IMO this thread is perhaps the most interesting thread I have started since March 2013 when I joined BB.com. This thread has the potential to be a really helpful thread for people curious to know if HGH can help them recover from their tendon/muscle/joint/cartilage/ligament injury and if Sprinting is the cheapest and most natural way to help them recover unless of course you have not injured your legs,obviously you won't be able to run with injured legs.
    Last edited by KrnPratapSingh1; 08-29-2014 at 06:39 AM.

Originally Posted by connorpat1995 View Post
    No
    Quit worrying about hormone fluctions within the normal range
    What was that "No" about? Does it imply any of these?
    No HGH does not aid better & faster collagen synthesis or
    No Sprinting(HIIT) does not elevate HGH levels by 500℅ Or
    No you did not have a positive experience with HIIT or No Sprinting won't help my injury
    Please be specific.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by KrnPratapSingh1 View Post
    More replies please!

@SuffolkPunch- could you elaborate a bit? Then why do people exercise if the hormone benefits (elevation in testosterone,dhea,HGH,etc.) fade away in some hours?
    It only lasts a few minutes.

Watch layne nortons video on hormone myths

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    It only lasts a few minutes.

Watch layne nortons video on hormone myths
    I get what you are trying to say, because when I used to workout I would get a really nice pump for about an hour when I would feel like a badass, say after pull ups my forearms would become really buff and after push ups my chest would really be pumped up.But that rush & feeling lasted for only about an hour.

But if that's the case why should we even lift/exercise when the hormone elevation lasts for such a short time? If there is no significant hormone benefit from exercise why was it that I used to be super hard the next morning when I used to lift/exercise on a daily basis?
    Further I have read accounts of people that they had low testosterone levels then they put in serious efforts by lifting regularly, losing fat by running/cycling, eating clean, sleeping well and then five-six months later they noticed significant improvements and their test levels also came out to be much higher.
    Surely an active lifestyle has a positive impact on hormone levels. So don't you think HIIT on a regular basis should increase HGH levels in the long run albiet slowly?

I want you guys to understand that I am using deductive reasoning over here.
    I am drawing a conclusion from more than one theory.
    Let me put it this way-
    >Sprinting/HIIT raises HGH.
    >HGH improves Collagen Synthesis.
    >Ligaments are made up of collagen so Collagen Synthesis must definitely help in Ligament injuries.
    >Therefore, Sprinting must(should) help in treating Ligament Injury.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Yeah, that's why you see so many ACL tear victims sprinting up and down the street in front of the hospitals.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Garry225 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Mittra who evers trying to sell you anything , let it be anything is for sure trying to **** you over just my opinion , second i heard THE IF DIET or the warrior diet / fasting thing helps in increasing HGH by 1000-2000% basically you eat in the morning then after 14 hours or something just check this out on youtube I'm not sure if its accurate or true but just something i found hope it helps , go to youtube and type intermediate fasting HGH . you will find the results as I'm only 1 post can't post links. Cheers
    Let me put it this way-
    >Ligaments are made up of collagen so Collagen Synthesis must definitely help in Ligament injuries.

You are confusing acute hormone changes with the training effect of lifting weights. Muscle growth comes primarily from the training stimulus, eating enough calories and protein. Hormones are involved in the anabolism process but these are largely out of control of the natural trainee.

Strength Enthusiast Retardo-pex's Avatar
    Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000)
    More replies please!

For all of the other positive side effects. These hormones are always present in your biology, its just certain activities raise them and then the plateau back out after. That doesn't mean your fitness stops increasing or your muscle stop growing, it just means the greater than normal values of these hormones subside back to your normal levels.

People do not exercise with the intent of increasing specific hormones (outside of this case at least) they exercise for the functional or visual side effects.

Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    Yeah, that's why you see so many ACL tear victims sprinting up and down the street in front of the hospitals.
    Not trying to sound like a douche, but did you even bother going through the earlier posts of mine?
    In post #7 I have expressly mentioned that people with leg injuries obviously won't be able to engage in HIIT, so that includes knee,ankle,quad/hamstring,calf injuries. Heck every injury below the waistline will prevent you from running even a hip injury I may add.Hence people with any sort of lower body injury are excluded from this discussion.Here I am expressly concerned about upper body injuries and since I have a thumb ligament problem that certainly is not affecting my ability to run.

Now what is that supposed to mean?

IMO this thread is perhaps the most interesting thread I have started since March 2013 when I joined BB.com. This thread has the potential to be a really helpful thread for people curious to know if HGH can help them recover from their tendon/muscle/joint/cartilage/ligament injury and if Sprinting is the cheapest and most natural way to help them recover unless of course you have not injured your legs,obviously you won't be able to run with injured legs.

You are confusing acute hormone changes with the training effect of lifting weights. Muscle growth comes primarily from the training stimulus, eating enough calories and protein. Hormones are involved in the anabolism process but these are largely out of control of the natural trainee.
    Repped. BUT I want to hear your comments on this post of mine.
    Let me put it this way-
    Don't you think NORMAL HGH levels too will increase overtime by following these steps-
    1.A Good Night Sleep
    2.Running/Sprints(HIIT)
    3.Eating Clean{especially eggs,milk,soy,oranges,etc in my case since these foods are known to increase lysine and vitamin C in the body which in turn are necessary for collagen production.}
    4.Fasting for some hours?
    Suppose a person has normal HGH levels of 10(since I do not know the actual range of normal HGH levels I am just taking a random number). And then that person engages in the four activities stated above, then shouldn't his Normal HGH levels also increase overtime? Like after six months the said person's GH levels come out to be at 20?

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Not trying to sound like a douche, but did you even bother going through the earlier posts of mine?
    Nope; didn't bother. After seeing your thought process leading to this statement,"Sprinting must(should) help in treating Ligament Injury," I'm only here for the lulz.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

Originally Posted by Retardo-pex View Post
    For all of the other positive side effects. These hormones are always present in your biology, its just certain activities raise them and then the plateau back out after. That doesn't mean your fitness stops increasing or your muscle stop growing, it just means the greater than normal values of these hormones subside back to your normal levels.

People do not exercise with the intent of increasing specific hormones (outside of this case at least) they exercise for the functional or visual side effects.
    But what is you take on this?
    Further I have read accounts of people that they had low testosterone levels then they put in serious efforts by lifting regularly, losing fat by running/cycling, eating clean, sleeping well and then five-six months later they noticed significant improvements and their test levels also came out to be much higher.
    Surely an active(healthy) lifestyle has a positive impact on hormone levels. So don't you think HIIT on a regular basis should increase HGH levels in the long run albiet slowly?
    Here is one account of a man who claims that lifting/exercise, good diet, sleep, HIIT, in short an improved lifestyle brought up his T levels drastically in the long run.
    http://www.artofmanliness.com/2013/0...one-naturally/
    You can find similar experiences on the internet where guys claim that an active and healthy lifestyle increased their Testosterone levels in the long run. Drawing an analogy should the same be true for GH levels in the long run? Wouldn't sprinting,sleep and eating clean have a positive impact on HGH levels,albiet slowly, in the long run?

Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    Nope; didn't bother. After seeing your thought process leading to this statement,"Sprinting must(should) help in treating Ligament Injury," I'm only here for the lulz.
    It's pretty obvious you know nothing about logical deduction. It is not my "thought process" it is called reasoning or deriving an inference.
    Let me put it this way-
    >>>Therefore from the above three premises It can be inferred that, Sprinting must(should) help in treating Ligament Injury.
    There I have amply clarified it for you or anyone else. I have also stated that lower body(leg) injuries are obviously an exception to this conclusion since you certainly cannot run with an injured knee,ankle or hip. If you or someone else still doesn't get it I cannot help that. I rest my case.

It's pretty obvious you know nothing about logical deduction.
    If you think "sprinting" will somehow make your thumb heal up due to some minor, transient spike in hormone levels, it's not I who lacks knowledge.

But you go ahead and keep posting. And "sprinting."
    No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

Some Assembly Required BalyunPex's Avatar
    BalyunPex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BalyunPex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BalyunPex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BalyunPex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BalyunPex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BalyunPex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BalyunPex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BalyunPex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BalyunPex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BalyunPex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BalyunPex has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    OP's only option.
    Cy8 5/3/1 SQ:255 - BP:235 - DL:345 - OHP:150

Action Figure Sold Separately

Repped. BUT I want to hear your comments on this post of mine.

>Sprinting/HIIT raises acute HGH.
    >chronically elevatedHGH improves Collagen Synthesis.
    >Therefore, Sprinting must(should) help in treating Ligament Injury. nope

Don't you think NORMAL HGH levels too will increase overtime by following these steps-
    1.A Good Night Sleep
    2.Running/Sprints(HIIT)
    3.Eating Clean{especially eggs,milk,soy,oranges,etc in my case since these foods are known to increase lysine and vitamin C in the body which in turn are necessary for collagen production.}
    4.Fasting for some hours?
    Suppose a person has normal HGH levels of 10(since I do not know the actual range of normal HGH levels I am just taking a random number). And then that person engages in the four activities stated above, then shouldn't his Normal HGH levels also increase overtime? Like after six months the said person's GH levels come out to be at 20?
    Comments in bold above

I get the impression you haven't looked at the video I mentioned.

There is no evidence that hormone levels change over time from training AFAIK - other than improvements in health restoring baseline hormone function in cases where it was suppressed by poor health.

VanillaBearB is a name known to all. (+5000) VanillaBearB is a name known to all. (+5000) VanillaBearB is a name known to all. (+5000) VanillaBearB is a name known to all. (+5000) VanillaBearB is a name known to all. (+5000) VanillaBearB is a name known to all. (+5000) VanillaBearB is a name known to all. (+5000) VanillaBearB is a name known to all. (+5000) VanillaBearB is a name known to all. (+5000) VanillaBearB is a name known to all. (+5000) VanillaBearB is a name known to all. (+5000)
    OP, if this worked then everyone would be doing it.

You're extrapolating data from studies. I can see that you're trying to use logic but it just doesn't work like that. There is no fast way to heal an injury, do the time and do physio, and see another doctor.

I'm going to save you a hell of a lot of time here, stop looking for some magic cure to your injury.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165717061

Comments in bold above

I get the impression you haven't looked at the video I mentioned.

There is no evidence that hormone levels change over time from training AFAIK - other than improvements in health restoring baseline hormone function in cases where it was suppressed by poor health.
    So is that the end of the road for me? Does that mean I shouldn't even try HIIT(sprinting)? How can I chronically raise my HGH levels? By using synthetic GH? But that's just not going to happen its nearly impossible for me to get that stuff!
    I'm going to begin serious treatment from next week for my thumb because it seems like the ligament is not healing at all! I started this thread only to clarify my mind before the treatment begins and to get this Sprinting-HGH-Collagen stuff straight; however it does seem that my previous notion was incorrect.

Originally Posted by VanillaBearB View Post
    OP, if this worked then everyone would be doing it.

You're extrapolating data from studies. I can see that you're trying to use logic but it just doesn't work like that. There is no fast way to heal an injury, do the time and do physio, and see another doctor.

I'm going to save you a hell of a lot of time here, stop looking for some magic cure to your injury.
    Glad that at least someone over here understands that I am using logical reasoning. And yeah I get your point it does not seem logical deduction is going to work over here. Repped.

Thumbs up More Replies please.

It seems that users who have replied to this thread, SuffolkPunch in particular, have more or less settled the issue. But I would still like to hear more opinions on the topic, hopefully with some links of related researches on the subject

@Suffolk I will watch that video later, I'm actually running a bit low on internet usage.

Strength Enthusiast Retardo-pex's Avatar
    Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000)
    But what is you take on this?

Here is one account of a man who claims that lifting/exercise, good diet, sleep, HIIT, in short an improved lifestyle brought up his T levels drastically in the long run.
    http://www.artofmanliness.com/2013/0...one-naturally/
    You can find similar experiences on the internet where guys claim that an active and healthy lifestyle increased their Testosterone levels in the long run. Drawing an analogy should the same be true for GH levels in the long run? Wouldn't sprinting,sleep and eating clean have a positive impact on HGH levels,albiet slowly, in the long run?
    It can but you are missing the point which is the actual significance of these things, i.e; none. Increasing your test or GH levels in any natural sense will not be near enough to drastically change recovery rates, let alone give you wolverine healing abilities. Another thing is you are looking at things in isolation and seeing things you want to see, I would bet the guys increasing their test levels from exercise had more to do with going from inactive to losing fat vs the exercise modality itself.

You can't look at a few studies and make leaps and bounds with no background in physiology or basic understanding of the human body. As someone else mentioned, if this were the case, every doctor or athletic trainer or physical therapist, let alone athletes that already perform way above our levels and make millions of dollars a year to do so would be actively prescribing or performing this type of exercise for the reasons you are interested in.