erinriley93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Need y'alls opinions on heart rate monitors?

So I have the Polar FT4 and my gym makes us push Polar on our clients. I do like my Polar but does anyone else use any other heart rate monitors that they find more accurate or just overall better?

Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by erinriley93 View Post
    So I have the Polar FT4 and my gym makes us push Polar on our clients. I do like my Polar but does anyone else use any other heart rate monitors that they find more accurate or just overall better?
    Is Polar not good enough? There are others, but none I would recommend. For price and quality Polar is really good.
    NASM (CPT)
    ISSA (CFT)

WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    You have to ask why are they using heart rate for anything unless the person is a competitive endurance athlete? Basically because they are pushing a product that they sell on their customers to make money. If they are telling them that they need it to make sure that their heart rate is in the "fat burning zone" or something silly like that then at least you can stop doing it.

Polar makes good monitors, but so do other brands you can find on Amazon or Ebay for 1/2 the price that your gym likely marks them up to. And taking your pulse with your fingers is free and allows you to teach your people something rather than have them purchase a wasted product that is a pain in the ass to use. Just my .02.

Snowball241618 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You won't get more accurate than the polar. I use the nike fuelband with some of my clients instead but it works differently. It looks cool as hell tho lol check it out
    2 Corinthians 4; 16-18

kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by erinriley93 View Post
    Other Brands

The other brands are just as accurate as Polar.

Chest Monitor

One of the thing that I would recommend it purchasing one with a chest monitor that allows you to change the battery.

Some of the Polar models, don't allow you to do that.

So, when the battery dies, you screwed.

Kenny Croxdale
    I guarantee it will Never work, if you Never try it.