Leancut99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Leancut99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Leancut99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Leancut99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Leancut99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Leancut99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Leancut99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Leancut99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Leancut99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Leancut99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Leancut99 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Is three days a week anough training?

If I am lifting extremely hard for three days out of the week- hitting each muscle group with 3-4 heavy lifting sets each workout, is that enough to put my muscles into growth, or too much lax time? I have received a new workout program and this is what it calls for.

MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Yep, it's enough. Remember, it's not a lifting marathon. Stimulate the muscle, feed it, and allow it to recover.

Train smarter not harder amusclehead's Avatar
    amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    yes
    Booo

YoSiBuff is just really nice. (+1000) YoSiBuff is just really nice. (+1000) YoSiBuff is just really nice. (+1000) YoSiBuff is just really nice. (+1000) YoSiBuff is just really nice. (+1000) YoSiBuff is just really nice. (+1000) YoSiBuff is just really nice. (+1000) YoSiBuff is just really nice. (+1000) YoSiBuff is just really nice. (+1000) YoSiBuff is just really nice. (+1000) YoSiBuff is just really nice. (+1000)
    It all depends on how much you do each of the 3 nights and how you do it. If you do like 5 exercises each night then no, your workout isn't enough. If your workout is hard core each night then yeah it would probably be fine.
    - I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass, and I'm all outta bubble gum.

scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz
    yep certainly enough...

Leancut99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Leancut99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Leancut99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Leancut99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Leancut99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Leancut99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Leancut99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Leancut99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Leancut99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Leancut99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Leancut99 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

I appreciate the response so far. I fear I had become a victim of the "more is better" routine- with 4-5 workouts a week. Here is an example of one of the three days I workout (Heavy sets-this is a bulking program I have received)

-Smiths (military style behind the neck) 3 sets 6-8 reps
    -Squats 3 sets 8-10 reps
    -Lat Pull Downs 3 sets 6-8 reps
    -Flat Bench Press 4 sets 6-8 reps
    -Barbell (ez bar) curls 4 sets 6-8
    -SkullCrushers/Prone Triceps 4 sets 8-10 reps
    -Standing Calf Raises 3 sets 12 reps

This is all on a diet chock full of eggs/egg whites, lean steak, whey protein, jacket potatos, heavy greens (salads), amino acids, Vitamin C, Zinc, Magnesium, B-6, rice cakes, bananas, oatmeal and some pastas. I can actually lay out my diet hour by hour if anyone would care to see, but this is essentialy the food I eat, every three hours. Soudn like a decent bulking plan or no? Thanks for any help ,suggestions!

-Ross

scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz

Re: .

Originally posted by Leancut99
    -Smiths (military style behind the neck) 3 sets 6-8 reps

-Ross
    oh watch the rotator cuffs.... so you have been doing full body 4 or 5 times a week....

No no- I had BEEN doing four- five time a week with splits of chest - arms- Back- Shoulders - Legs all seperate days. This new program calls for full body workouts three times a week, with alternating exercises per muscle group each day you work out. After 4-6 months it changes up the routine, but throughout the first 6 months there are two programs you alternate between weekly- one heavy lifting, the next lighter, with higher reps.

egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000)

Re: .

Originally posted by Leancut99
    I fear I had become a victim of the "more is better" routine- with 4-5 workouts a week.

This all on a diet chock full of eggs/egg whites, lean steak, whey protein, jacket potatos, heavy greens (salads), amino acids, Vitamin C, Zinc, Magnesium, B-6, rice cakes, bananas, oatmeal and some pastas. I can actually lay out my diet hour by hour if anyone would care to see, but this is essentialy the food I eat, every three hours. Soudn like a decent bulking plan or no? Thanks for any help ,suggestions!

-Ross
    Glad someone else is seeing the light. I'm another reformed "more is better" bodybuilder. Train three days a week, eat like heck, rest on off days and watch the body growwwww!!!!
    "People listen to rich folks. People they pray for poor folks"- John Thompson, long time head basketball coach at Georgetown University.

Passion doesn't pay the bills. G4P does.

yeah- im just starting as of this week- really excited to see if this helps me out some. I really dont feel too sore yet- I mean, some body parts are extremely sore, but others not as bad- WE'll see I guess