Seamouse is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seamouse is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seamouse is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seamouse is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seamouse is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seamouse is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seamouse is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seamouse is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seamouse is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seamouse is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seamouse is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Squat form help (vid)

Hi, any comments or help regarding squat form would be appreciated. Currently doing starting strength 130kg (286 lbs) x 5 reps. I messed up the walkout and took a couple extra steps and I think I feel the weight shifting out in front a bit, otherwise I'm not really sure

Thank you

magic15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) magic15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) magic15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) magic15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) magic15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) magic15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) magic15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) magic15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) magic15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) magic15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) magic15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Next time try to break parallel
    East Coast Mecca
    http://bevfrancis.com/

NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    elbows down.
    YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/NorthStrongSC

Main Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155303583

After seeing a hard workout you may want to complain and want others to pity you for the work you have to do. Your mom will pity you. Your girl will pity you. I may pity you, but your competition will not pity you. They will step on you, walk over you and spit on you. � Boris Sheiko

Seamouse is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seamouse is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seamouse is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seamouse is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seamouse is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seamouse is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seamouse is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seamouse is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seamouse is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seamouse is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seamouse is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by NorthStrong View Post
    elbows down.
    Thanks, will try today.

Anyone else?

Bloodstone79 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bloodstone79 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bloodstone79 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bloodstone79 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bloodstone79 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bloodstone79 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bloodstone79 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bloodstone79 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bloodstone79 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bloodstone79 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bloodstone79 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Definitely drive those elbows underneath. I feel like you could be tighter. Are you focusing on being tight as fock? Especially during the lift off / pre lift off. Arms, traps, lats; tight abs and low back. Great depth.
    26 - 5'11'' - 210 lb
    PR's - Squat 355 | Bench 315 | Conv. Deadlift 440 (435 Sumo) | Total 1110
    "I can do anything through Christ who strengthens me." - Philippians 4:13

Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155555983

runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You have the mobility to have a damn good squat someday. Don't lose it.

Originally Posted by Bloodstone79 View Post
    Definitely drive those elbows underneath. I feel like you could be tighter. Are you focusing on being tight as fock? Especially during the lift off / pre lift off. Arms, traps, lats; tight abs and low back. Great depth.
    I do during the lift but think I may have neglected the tightness in the pre lift off. My upper back I find hard to get tight but elbows down may help. Thanks you

Regarding the mobility I foam roll and use a t ball everyday.

Thanks for the responses

Bloodstone79 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bloodstone79 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bloodstone79 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bloodstone79 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bloodstone79 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bloodstone79 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bloodstone79 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bloodstone79 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bloodstone79 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bloodstone79 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bloodstone79 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Seamouse View Post
    I do during the lift but think I may have neglected the tightness in the pre lift off. My upper back I find hard to get tight but elbows down may help. Thanks you
    Elbows will help. Imagine you are at the apex of a medium grip pronated chin. Elbows under you, shoulders squeezed w/ lat flare, tight traps. Set a good shelf for that bar by being tight as possible.
    26 - 5'11'' - 210 lb
    PR's - Squat 355 | Bench 315 | Conv. Deadlift 440 (435 Sumo) | Total 1110
    "I can do anything through Christ who strengthens me." - Philippians 4:13

Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155555983

luisga777 is on a distinguished road. (+10) luisga777 is on a distinguished road. (+10) luisga777 is on a distinguished road. (+10) luisga777 is on a distinguished road. (+10) luisga777 is on a distinguished road. (+10) luisga777 is on a distinguished road. (+10) luisga777 is on a distinguished road. (+10) luisga777 is on a distinguished road. (+10) luisga777 is on a distinguished road. (+10) luisga777 is on a distinguished road. (+10) luisga777 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Try to sit back on the squat a little bit more, you are tilting forward too much and turning the exercise into a Good Morning (im exagerating of course). Watch your bar path, its over your toes, it should be over the middle of your foot.
    Then again, tilting the elbows back tilts your body forward. Keep your elbows directly underneath the bar and your problem should be fixed.

jshookz will become famous soon enough. (+50) jshookz will become famous soon enough. (+50) jshookz will become famous soon enough. (+50) jshookz will become famous soon enough. (+50) jshookz will become famous soon enough. (+50) jshookz will become famous soon enough. (+50) jshookz will become famous soon enough. (+50) jshookz will become famous soon enough. (+50) jshookz will become famous soon enough. (+50) jshookz will become famous soon enough. (+50) jshookz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Good lookin' deep squats man. I just recently tried out high bar in my last session and I have my elbows still high too. I was told from another forum member that "elbows down" will keep proper posture on the way up and not such a front foward lean like a good morning. But nonetheless great squatting
    "For He will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways; Psalm 91:11"

[always tells spotters how to spot crew.]

Kaarliitis is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kaarliitis is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kaarliitis is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kaarliitis is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kaarliitis is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kaarliitis is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kaarliitis is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kaarliitis is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kaarliitis is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kaarliitis is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kaarliitis is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    You seem to loose tightness at the bottom of the lift. Try to brace your core very hard. Good cue for keeping your back straight is to imagine you're doing lat pulldown with bar. Elbows down and try to keep your body more upright.

Also could you post video from front or back? So we can see how your knees are working.

EDIT: Also, if you're planning to compete, maybe don't squat so deep, because in reality, you don't need to squat that deep. Try to squat little bit higher (couldn't imagine myself saying this), but if you are training just for strength, keep them balls to the floor. haha.

runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I say keep squatting deep like that. The weight, leverage changes, and possible slight loss of mobility will "cut" them later in life so sinkem while you can.

Thanks for the responses guys, I'm away for a few weeks but will get a new vid up when I'm back

Originally Posted by luisga777 View Post
    Try to sit back on the squat a little bit more, you are tilting forward too much and turning the exercise into a Good Morning (im exagerating of course). Watch your bar path, its over your toes, it should be over the middle of your foot.
    Then again, tilting the elbows back tilts your body forward. Keep your elbows directly underneath the bar and your problem should be fixed.
    I noticed thathat I good morning a lot of squats particularly when tired, hopefully the elbows will fix it. This may be retarded but I've never actually understood what sitting back means? Is it referring to keeping a more vertical torso?

Originally Posted by Kaarliitis View Post
    You seem to loose tightness at the bottom of the lift. Try to brace your core very hard. Good cue for keeping your back straight is to imagine you're doing lat pulldown with bar. Elbows down and try to keep your body more upright.

Also could you post video from front or back? So we can see how your knees are working.

EDIT: Also, if you're planning to compete, maybe don't squat so deep, because in reality, you don't need to squat that deep. Try to squat little bit higher (couldn't imagine myself saying this), but if you are training just for strength, keep them balls to the floor. haha.
    Sometimes at the bottom I seem to loose all feeling of my glutes at the bottom and then feel like I have to get it back on the ascent, I also have a relatively weak core, I'm working on it.

I'm away when I'm back I'll get one. My knees track in slightly near sticking point sometimes but I force them back out, though I wouldn't know what to look for tbh.

I will keep burying them, I didn't think they were particularly that low.

Thanks again for the help guys