danshaw2014 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Limited time and budget...what's best for me to do?

Hi all, hope you can help...

I was wondering what the best routine would be for somebody with limited time and budget. Let's say 20mins in the evenings, doing this from home.

I have a set of dumbbells and a bar with various weights. Plus some push-up stands. I can obviously do other bits like sit-ups/running etc.

My goal is to lose a little fat, and to tone up my shape a bit. I don't really need to bulk up at all, just trim down and shape up. I am 6'2", age 36. I used to go to the gym a fair bit so have an OK base to start from, but haven't done anything for a year so need to get back on track a bit

Look forward to seeing some suggestions on how to get the most out of this gear I have and limited time.

Cheers
    DanS

5-20-2017 NPC Optimum C Cronos1247's Avatar
    Cronos1247 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cronos1247 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cronos1247 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cronos1247 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cronos1247 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cronos1247 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cronos1247 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cronos1247 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cronos1247 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cronos1247 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cronos1247 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'm not trying to argue with your time constraints, but out of curiosity, where does just 20 minutes come from? I've found a lot of times people don't realize that they can really make time for things that are important to them and figure out how by keeping a log of daily activities. If it only took 20 minutes to do, everyone would be in pretty damn good shape. Plenty of mornings I'm up at 4am to make sure I can get in some weight training, etc.
    MTS Nutrition Houston rep.
    "No BS, no hype. Just results."

Upcoming show NPC Optimum Classics: 5-20-2017

"I don't believe in following any one training style. I couldn't tell what DC or H.I.T. or FST-7 entail. I have no clue and really don't give a ****. I go to the gym to train hard. I don't need to follow a ****ing "program" to do that." - Evan Centopani

jbarner1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I hate to do it but I agree with Cronos1247.

If you want something, you'll do what it takes to get it.

I don't really want to be up at 6 am when it is pitch black dark outside..but hey, I want to be fit..so I am up and take my dog for a 2 mile walk on an empty stomach before work to get my day going.

I don't really want to immediately get home from work and walk my dog for 2 miles in sweltering Florida heat, nor go to the gym right after that...but I do it because I want to be fit.

I can understand if you have kids or such..but you gotta make time for yourself...those around you should embrace the fact that you are wanting to better yourself and work to get you more than 20 mins a day in order to do so.

But besides all that..all you can really do is superset some form of burpee-like exercises with push-ups and something with the limited weights you have..The idea would be to just go balls to the wall for 20 minutes and exhaust yourself. Use a chair and something else to put your feet on and do dips for triceps...do body weight squats and toss on a backpack with weight in it or something...

There's really endless possibilities on how you can be active for 20 minutes but you really won't get too much out of it..

Good luck!