chelohh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

First Time Competing in 2015 - Advice/Thoughts on the Process Ahead!?

I have just recently decided to compete in my first bikini competition next year. It will most likely be one year to 10/11 months from now. I'm already quite fit, but I have a passion for fitness/nutrition and my personal trainer (who is an NPC bikini competitor) thought I would be amazing to train and I could get sculpted in all the areas that I got a PT in the first place! After looking into the sport and following many girls on instagram who compete, I can't wait to take on this challenge and watch my body change!! It'll be brutal, but so worth all the hard work and dedication I will put into it! BUT I do have some reservations. Mainly.. post show. I want my figure to be as maintainable as possible. I'm not looking to get on stage and win. I'm looking to get on stage so I have a goal date to work towards and can show off all my hard work.. my new lean body! But competing isn't my job nor do I want it to be. I'm an accountant and I have a true desire and passion for living a healthy fit lifestyle. The gym is my outlet and I'm addicted to pushing my limits and challenging my body everyday in the gym. I live for this stuff, but don't want it to consume MY life. I want to be normal throughout and after my show.

With all this being said.. Do any women out there have any advice-thoughts-words of wisdom for me?

Anything I'm missing or should also be filled in on before I embark down this road?

I'm so motivated, determined, and excited! I' doing this for no one but ME! and I know that's truly the number one important thing here.

Thanks in advance for anyone who read all this and responds

burlyman619 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) burlyman619 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) burlyman619 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) burlyman619 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) burlyman619 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) burlyman619 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) burlyman619 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) burlyman619 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) burlyman619 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) burlyman619 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) burlyman619 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Unfortuonately, in my expernece , it will consume your life . In terms of mentally and your time . Pretty much every moment of the day is some way correlated with your show . AM cardio , diet ,training ect . I'm not going to lie , it can suck at times . But in the end it's worth it . And doing a first show is most certanly a way to push yourself . You're going to be amazined how your body looks and feels as the weeks get closer .

I would reccomend hiring a reputable coach and going that route , if you can afford it .
    I am currently prepping for a Bodybuilding show, follow my journey :

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163848201

chelohh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by burlyman619 View Post
    Unfortuonately, in my expernece , it will consume your life . In terms of mentally and your time . Pretty much every moment of the day is some way correlated with your show . AM cardio , diet ,training ect . I'm not going to lie , it can suck at times . But in the end it's worth it . And doing a first show is most certanly a way to push yourself . You're going to be amazined how your body looks and feels as the weeks get closer .

I would reccomend hiring a reputable coach and going that route , if you can afford it .
    Thanks for the insight! I know it will consumer my day in those aspects. I already workout in the AM most mornings before work, I already meal prep on Sundays, and I already go back for round 2 to lift in the evenings. That won't be drastic but yes the mental part is something that concerns me. I don't want to stress tooo tooo much over everything. Though I know with a great coach and support system, this will be easier to overcome and not feel so overwhelmed. I definitely want to have this show to push myself!! It's something to work towards.. and end goal. And yes, I'm actually meeting with a possible coach today. I guess we'll see how it goes!

WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    From personal experience the first few weeks will be easy.
    Then you may run into the problem of making time to get to the gym to do an hour of cardio in the morning, Lift and cardio again at night.
    It will affect you mentally. Im in college (15credit/semester)+part time job. As you are about 4-7weeks out you will lose motivation to perform your best at work and in the gym for you will be physically and emotionally drained. You will randomly breakdown and cry over the smallest things. I coach a lot of bikini/figure girls, it happens at least once during each prep with each client, and even myself.
    *Prep coach/Cert.Personal trainer-contact for online training
    *Instagram: amythewolf
    *Texas Crew

anyastar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anyastar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anyastar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anyastar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anyastar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anyastar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anyastar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anyastar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anyastar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you need any help with your prep, feel free to ask questions

anya77star@gmail.com
    IG Anyastar
    IFBB Pro Anna Starodubtseva

Originally Posted by chelohh View Post
    I have just recently decided to compete in my first bikini competition next year. It will most likely be one year to 10/11 months from now. I'm already quite fit, but I have a passion for fitness/nutrition and my personal trainer (who is an NPC bikini competitor) thought I would be amazing to train and I could get sculpted in all the areas that I got a PT in the first place! After looking into the sport and following many girls on instagram who compete, I can't wait to take on this challenge and watch my body change!! It'll be brutal, but so worth all the hard work and dedication I will put into it! BUT I do have some reservations. Mainly.. post show. I want my figure to be as maintainable as possible. I'm not looking to get on stage and win. I'm looking to get on stage so I have a goal date to work towards and can show off all my hard work.. my new lean body! But competing isn't my job nor do I want it to be. I'm an accountant and I have a true desire and passion for living a healthy fit lifestyle. The gym is my outlet and I'm addicted to pushing my limits and challenging my body everyday in the gym. I live for this stuff, but don't want it to consume MY life. I want to be normal throughout and after my show.

With all this being said.. Do any women out there have any advice-thoughts-words of wisdom for me?

Anything I'm missing or should also be filled in on before I embark down this road?

I'm so motivated, determined, and excited! I' doing this for no one but ME! and I know that's truly the number one important thing here.

Thanks in advance for anyone who read all this and responds
    Anna Starodubtseva
    IfBB Bikini Pro
    Optimum Nutrition/ABB sponsored Athlete