2Skrong has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Too many shakes?

In the diet I'm making, I was looking to have a pre workout shake, post workout shake and possibly one more before bed if I can't hit my calorie goal. Is 3 too many?

digistp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digistp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digistp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digistp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digistp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digistp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digistp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digistp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digistp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digistp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digistp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Post your diet. You could simply eat your calories rather than drink them.

LinzCapp will become famous soon enough. (+50) LinzCapp will become famous soon enough. (+50) LinzCapp will become famous soon enough. (+50) LinzCapp will become famous soon enough. (+50) LinzCapp will become famous soon enough. (+50) LinzCapp will become famous soon enough. (+50) LinzCapp will become famous soon enough. (+50) LinzCapp will become famous soon enough. (+50) LinzCapp will become famous soon enough. (+50) LinzCapp will become famous soon enough. (+50) LinzCapp will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    As long as you are getting in 2-3 real meals a day also, I think that's fine! Personally, I eat eggs, chicken and turkey every day, but to get some extra calories, I like having a couple shakes a day, plus they're yummy! Just do what works for you.
    Lindsay Cappotelli TeamMuscleTech
    lindsaycappotelli.blogspot.com

Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000)
    What's your weight and how many calories do you get a day?

75g of Protein from shakes seems unnecessary, but I can't say without more info. Not exactly inexpensive, either.
    Certified Fapologist

My protein shake brings all the girls to the yard
    A protein shake a day keeps the bullies away

~3 years and +40lbs later...

I will post my diet when I get home; I just changed my macros and lowered my calories so I have to change my meals slightly. Essentially, I was having some egg whites/an egg/oatmeal and toast for breakfast, shake, shake, brown rice w/ chicken breast, shake

Mncdk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mncdk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mncdk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mncdk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mncdk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mncdk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mncdk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mncdk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mncdk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mncdk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mncdk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Swap 2 shakes for a pound of greek yogurt.
    Simple.
    "As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it."
    "The plural of anecdote is not data."

Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by 2Skrong View Post
    I will post my diet when I get home; I just changed my macros and lowered my calories so I have to change my meals slightly. Essentially, I was having some egg whites/an egg/oatmeal and toast for breakfast, shake, shake, brown rice w/ chicken breast, shake
    That's a terrible diet, man. Terrible.
    Certified Fapologist

Why is it bad? Serious question, I'm new to this. I was hitting all my macros, and no cheat meals.

PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Whole foods> Scoops....

That's just me though. Love to eat.

Shakes can be convenient, time saving, cost effective, etc.. Make sure you are hitting your micros.
    BRAINS & GAINS

Strong Mind + Strong Body = UNSTOPPABLE

Mncdk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mncdk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mncdk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mncdk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mncdk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mncdk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mncdk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mncdk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mncdk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mncdk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mncdk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Protein powder is designed to give you ONLY protein. Nothing else what-so-ever. Unlike food.
    Food has, in broad terms, micros.
    "As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it."
    "The plural of anecdote is not data."

If it helps, all my shakes were blended with banana + oatmeal to be meal replacements. I'm not too huge on food variety so i figured I could change my physique off egg whites, chicken breast brown rice and some fruits as long as i was hitting macros.

^^ Micros. No veggies or fruits. I'm going to hope you at least have some variety and you aren't eating those same exact meals everyday. Food is more than macros, what about all the antioxidants, phytonutrients, etc...

Supplements are meant to fill in gaps, or SUPPLEMENT, your diet. Not have your entire diet center around supplemental protein powder.

Beyond that, if that's all the food you eat, you appear to be getting more protein than necessary.

Are you eating like 1500 calories?
    Certified Fapologist

Follix will become famous soon enough. (+50) Follix will become famous soon enough. (+50) Follix will become famous soon enough. (+50) Follix will become famous soon enough. (+50) Follix will become famous soon enough. (+50) Follix will become famous soon enough. (+50) Follix will become famous soon enough. (+50) Follix will become famous soon enough. (+50) Follix will become famous soon enough. (+50) Follix will become famous soon enough. (+50) Follix will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I am surprised you are hitting macros since by the food items you listed you seem highly dietary fat deficient.

Originally Posted by Blacklac View Post
    ^^ Micros. No veggies or fruits. I'm going to hope you at least have some variety and you aren't eating those same exact meals everyday. Food is more than macros, what about all the antioxidants, phytonutrients, etc...

Supplements are meant to fill in gaps, or SUPPLEMENT, your diet. Not have your entire diet center around supplemental protein powder.

Beyond that, if that's all the food you eat, you appear to be getting more protein than necessary.

Are you eating like 1500 calories?
    2200, according to IIFYM.
    Last edited by 2Skrong; 08-23-2014 at 01:18 PM.

No Longer Look Like This InItForFitness's Avatar
    InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by LinzCapp View Post
    As long as you are getting in 2-3 real meals a day also, I think that's fine! Personally, I eat eggs, chicken and turkey every day, but to get some extra calories, I like having a couple shakes a day, plus they're yummy! Just do what works for you.
    If you're looking to get extra calories in...know what works even better than protein shakes?

REAL FOOD!

Guess what...it also tastes better.
    �USMC (2009-2013) �

▬ *Former* Wanna-Be Powerlifter : Best Total : 1300 (440/320/540) @ 168lbs BW (W/ Wraps) ▬

♦Currently full on dad-bod status (minus the dad part)

*NEW TRAINING LOG* ; https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178104781

kaygell is not very helpful. (-500) kaygell is not very helpful. (-500) kaygell is not very helpful. (-500) kaygell is not very helpful. (-500) kaygell is not very helpful. (-500) kaygell is not very helpful. (-500) kaygell is not very helpful. (-500) kaygell is not very helpful. (-500) kaygell is not very helpful. (-500) kaygell is not very helpful. (-500) kaygell is not very helpful. (-500)
    Eat some real food. I'll bet you'll be way too high in protein, way too low in fat and fiber.
    + you'll be missing a lot of micronutrients.

I have about 6 months to drop from ~30% body fat (i don't have calipers so I'm just guessing) 250lbs down to whatever it takes so i don't look like a pathetic excuse for an athlete, and I'm a little desperate. Will eating under my caloric goals set me back?

ZMan45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZMan45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZMan45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZMan45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZMan45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZMan45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZMan45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZMan45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZMan45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZMan45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZMan45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I have about 6 months to drop from ~30% body fat (i don't have calipers so I'm just guessing) 250lbs down to whatever it takes so i don't look like a pathetic excuse for an athlete, and I'm a little desperate. Will eating under my caloric goals set me back?
    What kind of athlete are we talking? You don't want a deficit so extreme that it kills performance.

What I meant from that is I look like I used to play sports (i did, rugby), but i ate too much pizza and twinkies. you know what i mean? but since i havent worked out in years if i drop all my fat ill probably be ~160. but i'd rather be thin and shredded than this. so will eating under my caloric goal set me back, or would i just lose fat faster?

ZMan45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZMan45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZMan45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZMan45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZMan45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZMan45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZMan45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZMan45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZMan45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZMan45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZMan45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    What I meant from that is I look like I used to play sports (i did, rugby), but i ate too much pizza and twinkies. you know what i mean? but since i havent worked out in years if i drop all my fat ill probably be ~160. but i'd rather be thin and shredded than this. so will eating under my caloric goal set me back, or would i just lose fat faster?
    You won't lose 90 lbs in 6 months in any remotely healthy way. I'd suggest losing 2lb/week since you've got a decent amount to lose.

Registered User ErikTheElectric's Avatar
    ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Wants to be "thin" and drink 3 shakes a day....

Someone must not like real food.

thank you for the input. i dont plan on stopping in 6 months, i'm moving and want to at least be semi fit by then. long term, of course i want to be huge but i know that won't happen in 6 months. I will shoot for 2lbs a week. thank you again. i'll read up more on proper dieting.

hanger1989 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hanger1989 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hanger1989 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hanger1989 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hanger1989 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hanger1989 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hanger1989 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hanger1989 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hanger1989 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hanger1989 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hanger1989 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

Smile

I drink 3 a day, though I drink them with milk so atleast I'm getting more than just protein that way.

Shakes are just convenient. I really don't have time to be cooking all the time.

Neofolis will become famous soon enough. (+50) Neofolis will become famous soon enough. (+50) Neofolis will become famous soon enough. (+50) Neofolis will become famous soon enough. (+50) Neofolis will become famous soon enough. (+50) Neofolis will become famous soon enough. (+50) Neofolis will become famous soon enough. (+50) Neofolis will become famous soon enough. (+50) Neofolis will become famous soon enough. (+50) Neofolis will become famous soon enough. (+50) Neofolis will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I would probably also be criticized, because my diet is totally liquid most days, but I do eat fruit and veg in green smoothies. I don't see consuming your diet in liquid form necessarily as a bad thing, but lack of variety definitely can be, especially if you are lacking fibre, micros, etc. If eating more is difficult for you, I would at least suggest blending a variety of fruit and veg in with your shakes and adding fats like a variety of oils, nuts or seeds. It may not sound too appetizing, but they just taste like fruit smoothies. You can get more than enough fibre from berries and things like flax seeds. Hitting your calories and macros may be higher priority, but you shouldn't neglect the other aspects of you nutrition.

ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by hanger1989 View Post
    I drink 3 a day, though I drink them with milk so atleast I'm getting more than just protein that way.

Shakes are just convenient. I really don't have time to be cooking all the time.
    Are you bulking or cutting?

hanger1989 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hanger1989 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hanger1989 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hanger1989 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hanger1989 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hanger1989 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hanger1989 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hanger1989 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hanger1989 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hanger1989 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hanger1989 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

Smile

Originally Posted by ErikTheElectric View Post
    Are you bulking or cutting?
    Bulking at the moment, so having mass gainer shakes with milk. Might have to get a different type of shake that goes with water when I decide to cut though.

guglimugli is on a distinguished road. (+10) guglimugli is on a distinguished road. (+10) guglimugli is on a distinguished road. (+10) guglimugli is on a distinguished road. (+10) guglimugli is on a distinguished road. (+10) guglimugli is on a distinguished road. (+10) guglimugli is on a distinguished road. (+10) guglimugli is on a distinguished road. (+10) guglimugli is on a distinguished road. (+10) guglimugli is on a distinguished road. (+10) guglimugli is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    gonna be hard to hit ur micros this way

Originally Posted by hanger1989 View Post
    Bulking at the moment, so having mass gainer shakes with milk. Might have to get a different type of shake that goes with water when I decide to cut though.
    Eat more food.

Come at me, bro! foodandfitness's Avatar
    foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Shakes can be made with whole food, nutrient dense ingredients, so I don't see any problem with using them to your heart's content.