Chaotica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Need help with belts!

Hi ladies! I'm looking to invest in a belt for some of my squats and deadlifts at the end of my work sets and am hoping to get some of your opinions. So far, I've played with enough belts and done enough research to determine that I want one that's leather and doesn't taper. Does anyone have any experience with the Inzer Forever vs. the APT belts (the sub-$100 ones...I'm sure the $180 belt is fantastic, but I can't afford that one). I am thinking I want to go with a lever since once it's adjusted, it seems easiest to use, but I'd consider a single-prong (no double-prong, as I got stuck in one once and had to have two guys help me to get it off...never again!). Also, I am leaning towards 4" since those seem to be more common than 3" belts, and I have deadlifted with a 4" belt before, but I'm pretty short (5'3), and I had a buddy suggest that I should at least consider a 3" belt. However, I can't even find one to try it on. APT and Best Belts have them, but that would eliminate the lever option and the APT one is pricey. Would I be missing out by going with a 4"?

Finally...sizing. If I go Inzer Forever Lever, I'm between a small and medium. Small says 26-29, medium says 30-33. Relaxed around my bellybutton, after breakfast and coffee which is when I usually work out, I measure 30". However, I'm mid-bulk. I know I've gotten as small as 27" in the past (dress waist, which is a little smaller than navel, but I've never had to measure navel before), but seeing as I'm a 115lb shrimp and my first bulk-cut cycle was a failure because I cut too soon and ended up very close to where I started (i.e. distance runner-skinny-fat...this is my second bulk), I'll be bulking for at least a little while more and getting bigger than 30". What would you ladies recommend?

Thank you!

illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm much larger than you and am down to the 3rd to last rung on a size small Inzer. So I'm guessing you'll want to go x-small. Either way there's going to be a lot of wiggle room, you just need to make sure you can actually get it as tight as you need it.

APT makes great belts as well.

Lever v prong is up to you. Prong is nice if you wear your belt looser for some lifts than others; lever is a bit more work to adjust but once it's there it's a breeze to put on. I'll be getting a lever for my next belt.

For thickness definitely go with 10mm, with 4" width I assume being the standard(?)

Originally Posted by illiniStrive View Post
    I'm much larger than you and am down to the 3rd to last rung on a size small Inzer. So I'm guessing you'll want to go x-small. Either way there's going to be a lot of wiggle room, you just need to make sure you can actually get it as tight as you need it.

APT makes great belts as well.

Lever v prong is up to you. Prong is nice if you wear your belt looser for some lifts than others; lever is a bit more work to adjust but once it's there it's a breeze to put on. I'll be getting a lever for my next belt.

For thickness definitely go with 10mm, with 4" width I assume being the standard(?)
    Ah, right, I figured 10mm but forgot to mention that. Thanks for confirming my suspicion!

Your information on sizing certainly throws a wrench into the works. I called Inzer and their customer service rep suggested medium, but I thought that was a little weird given that it looked like big guys were ordering mediums if Google searches are to be trusted (though maybe men had thin waists?). I should mention that I store fat a little weird, in that I have lean quads but lousy lower abdominals/love handles in comparison with other women of my size (I'm more dehydrated in my avatar than I would be normally), so it's possible that my waist is larger than you're picturing, because I'm nowhere near the numbers for XS! But maybe small will be the way to go then? Thank you!

Romina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Romina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Romina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Romina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Romina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Romina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Romina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Romina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Romina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Romina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Romina81 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'm usually anywhere from 26.5-27.5 around the waist and I wear a size small lever belt. I got 3-4 more notches to make bigger so I think you should go with the Small. I love the lever belt for squats.
    Who's afraid of 138?

Check out my Promera Supplement Sponsored Log...
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=162420501

Thank you guys! I'm going to order the 10mm small Inzer Lever Belt.

WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I have a medium ELITE FTS single prong belt its a really nice thick leather one. Its kind of like this one, mine is black though. I've used it from being 120lbs to 160lbs. Takes a bit of breaking in, but they are great. The lever ones break fairly easy, I use to buy those when I was powerlifting.

http: //www.flexcart.com/members/elitefts/default.asp?m=PD&cid=299&pid=5853

Just take out the spaces
    *Prep coach/Cert.Personal trainer-contact for online training
    *Instagram: amythewolf
    *Texas Crew