Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    πŸ…ΎπŸ…ΌπŸ…΄πŸ…ΆπŸ…° πŸ††πŸ…΄πŸ…°πŸ…ΏπŸ…ΎπŸ…½ EjnarKolinkar's Avatar
    EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Beef - The Most Anabolic of Meats?

I've been told most of my life that beef is the secret to muscle and anabolism.

I did not have a problem with this as I love beef and eat it anyway. I am curious though if there is much in the way of data out to support this?

I haven't had much luck in my attempts to search up information and was hoping if members had any interesting links they would share them in this thread.

Thanks.
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    There is no data as that statement screams ignorance.
    Psych & handcuffs
    Current reading: Vonnegut, Theodor Adorno
    House, Techno, and 4Runners

TheLongRun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheLongRun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheLongRun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheLongRun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheLongRun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheLongRun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheLongRun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheLongRun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheLongRun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheLongRun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheLongRun is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Roll bread or srs?

digistp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digistp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digistp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digistp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digistp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digistp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digistp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digistp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digistp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digistp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digistp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by TheLongRun View Post
    Roll bread or srs?
    this

EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I'm not here to roll bread.

I've only found this. It wasn't very supportive.

http://m.ajcn.nutrition.org/content/86/2/451.full

You three obviously collectively feel that all other meats are as anabolic as beef. Thanks for your thoughts. I'm mostly expecting that I won't get anywhere with this.
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl

loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Beef good.

Me like.
    "There is no reason to be alive if you can't do deadlift"

-Jσn Pαll Sigmarsson

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by EjnarKolinkar View Post

I did not have a problem with this as I love beef and eat it anyway. I am curious though if there is much in the way of data out to support this?

I haven't had much luck in my attempts to search up information and was hoping if members had any interesting links they would share them in this thread.

Thanks.
    I can only offer anecdotal evidence of the effectiveness of beef over other forms of tissue protein. I'd have never made it from 130 pounds to 200 lean pounds without boatloads of beef. I always feel stronger, and make better progress both in my training logbook and in the mirror, when eating red meat at least once per day. When I reached my best (IMO) condition at age 56, ten years ago, I was eating beef four time a day (prior to that, I was eating mostly chicken and turkey, and much less beef). I did that for the entire year it took me to get from 196 pounds to 200. I was dunk-tank tested at 11% body fat at that time.

I'll always recommend red meat over all other tissue proteins. Again, nothing to back it up other than my before and after pics.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

TheLongRun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheLongRun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheLongRun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheLongRun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheLongRun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheLongRun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheLongRun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheLongRun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheLongRun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheLongRun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheLongRun is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I'm not here to roll bread.

I've only found this. It wasn't very supportive.

http://m.ajcn.nutrition.org/content/86/2/451.full
    You three obviously collectively feel that all other meats are as anabolic as beef. Thanks for your thoughts. I'm mostly expecting that I won't get anywhere with this.
    Yeah lol, that study would likely yield identical results with chicken, fish, etc.

Other than the quality and complete amino profile, I'm just not sure it offers much else. What are your thoughts, since you made a thread about it? I'm curious.

KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000)
    This is completely not backed by anything other than my own experience, but I tend to be stronger and perform better in my various sports when I eat primarily red meat over white meat. I replaced chicken/dairy with beef/lamb as my main protein source over the last few months, and I've been making better progress than I ever have. Might be completely unrelated though... go figure.

ZMan45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZMan45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZMan45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZMan45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZMan45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZMan45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZMan45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZMan45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZMan45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZMan45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZMan45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by KobiDC View Post
    This is completely not backed by anything other than my own experience, but I tend to be stronger and perform better in my various sports when I eat primarily red meat over white meat. I replaced chicken/dairy with beef/lamb as my main protein source over the last few months, and I've been making better progress than I ever have. Might be completely unrelated though... go figure.
    Perhaps the higher creatine contained within? Do you supplement with it?

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ZMan45 View Post
    Perhaps the higher creatine contained within? Do you supplement with it?
    Creative content in meat is very low. You'd need many pounds of uncooked meat to hit a level to maintain saturation.
    Psych & handcuffs

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by rhadam View Post
    Creative content in meat is very low. You'd need many pounds of uncooked meat to hit a level to maintain saturation.
    Not sure where you got that info. Most people on this forum would be fine with a pound or so of steak per day. Thats just a dinner steak for me.
    2 time survivor of The Great Misc Outages of 2022

Survivor of PHP/API Outage of Feb 2023

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

It's the whole food that's highest on leucine per gram. Maybe that's where the story comes from.

In that way it's most effective per gram in increasing muscle protein synthesis.
    http://spotmebro.com/layne-norton-ph...and-how-often/

I guess calling it the most anabolic meat is actually not that crazy.

About the creatine content, I remember reading several fish sources score better than beef.
    Last edited by Mrpb; 08-21-2014 at 10:52 PM.

Originally Posted by TheLongRun View Post
    Yeah lol, that study would likely yield identical results with chicken, fish, etc.

Other than the quality and complete amino profile, I'm just not sure it offers much else. What are your thoughts, since you made a thread about it? I'm curious.
    I'm working my way through vitamins and minerals right now. I don't know that I have a lot to add at this time. BUt I am still looking.

Beef offers high content of heme iron, although oysters do beat it out.
    http://www.mckinley.illinois.edu/han...rces_iron.html

Lol, oysters beats it out in zinc content as well but beef still high on this list
    http://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/Zin...hProfessional/

CLA content in beef high , although dairy beats it out.
    http://www.beefresearch.org/cmdocs/beefresearch/cla.pdf

This one is observational in older adults:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23131821

Beef intake (g/d) was positively correlated to muscle mass measured by mid-arm muscle area (R=0.128, p=0.030). From multiple linear regression analysis, a 1oz/d (~28g/d) increase in beef consumption predicts for a 2.3cm(2) increase in mid-arm muscle area. Beef intake was negatively correlated to total (R=-0.179, p=0.035) and HDL (R=-0.247, p=0.004) cholesterol, and there was no association between beef and LDL-cholesterol, triglycerides, liver enzymes, or inflammatory markers.

Originally Posted by desslok View Post
    Not sure where you got that info. Most people on this forum would be fine with a pound or so of steak per day. Thats just a dinner steak for me.
    Sounds tasty.

http://www.creapure.com/en/creapure-...tains-creatine

Gives the usual cooking eats up some of the creatine.

http://examine.com/supplements/Creatine/

During cooking, creatine degrades into methylamine, which can then be incorporated into the toxic substance N-methylacrylamide by binding to acrylic acid and acrylamides (produced from carnosine and aspartic acid cooking).[11] The intermediates, acrylamides and acrylic acid, are dependent on the cooking temperature and the presence of a reducing sugar, such as glycogen.[11]

Creatine may also be converted to the biologically inactive creatinine through the removal of a water molecule.[12] Approximately 30% of meat-bound creatine can be lost in exudate or degraded into creatinine when cooking to medium-well.[13]

Creatine can also participate in the formation of heterocyclic amines. [14] Heterocyclic amine formation can be partially inhibited by marination.[15][16][17]
    I don't think it it too far fetched that with the bodies natural production + significant meat consumption fish, pork, or beef that a person could hit a good intramuscular creatine level.

But this would also be supported by fish and or pork.
    Last edited by EjnarKolinkar; 08-22-2014 at 12:20 AM.

Posting from phone so I don't have my resources to cite, but, 1lb of uncooked meat provides roughly 1g of creatine. To maintain saturation via meat intake you'd need 3lbs of uncooked meat.
    Psych & handcuffs

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Creative content in meat is very low.
    Depends on the source of the meet, as some establishments can be highly creative.

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Posting from phone so I don't have my resources to cite, but, 1lb of uncooked meat provides roughly 1g of creatine. To maintain saturation via meat intake you'd need 3lbs of uncooked meat.
    Guess again. More like 1kg of meat contains 5gm of creatine, and most people on this forum need half that amount. Ever wonder why there are so-called "non-responders"?, i suppose it sounds better and more scientificy to the creatine vendors than "people that eat steak"

snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Yeah, unlike what many bros say, you don't need a full 5 grams of creatine to maintain saturation. However, if you were trying to get a full 5 grams, it would take about 3 pounds of beef to give you that.

unstrong is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) unstrong is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) unstrong is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) unstrong is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) unstrong is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) unstrong is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) unstrong is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) unstrong is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) unstrong is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) unstrong is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) unstrong is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Guess again. More like 1kg of meat contains 5gm of creatine, and most people on this forum need half that amount. Ever wonder why there are so-called "non-responders"?, i suppose it sounds better and more scientificy to the creatine vendors than "people that eat steak"
    Keep in mind though that the cooking process causes creatine content to quickly degrade.
    My log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166030441

Originally Posted by unstrong View Post
    Keep in mind though that the cooking process causes creatine content to quickly degrade.
    If you're charring the creatine out of your steak,the creatine is the least of your worries...

KAJe9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KAJe9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KAJe9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KAJe9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KAJe9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KAJe9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KAJe9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KAJe9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KAJe9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KAJe9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KAJe9 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by WonderPug View Post
    Depends on the source of the MEET, as some establishments can be highly creative.
    Depends on the type of meet, are we talking about a swimming meet or a track and field meet? Personally, I find the track and field disciplines to be far more creative

unstrong is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) unstrong is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) unstrong is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) unstrong is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) unstrong is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) unstrong is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) unstrong is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) unstrong is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) unstrong is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) unstrong is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) unstrong is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    If you're charring the creatine out of your steak,the creatine is the least of your worries...
    See page 9:

http://www.edb.utexas.edu/ssn/SN%20P...20&%20Diet.PDF

Cooked for 3 minutes in a George Foreman grill type setup with a surface temperature of about 150C (lower than you'd probably use), Creatine content degrades by about 40%. If the surface temperature is increased to 200C, that breakdown increases to 65%. That breakdown would likely be larger in a traditional skillet where cooking times are increased.
    My log:

Originally Posted by unstrong View Post
    See page 9:

http://www.edb.utexas.edu/ssn/SN%20P...20&%20Diet.PDF

Cooked for 3 minutes in a George Foreman grill type setup with a surface temperature of about 150C (lower than you'd probably use), Creatine content degrades by about 40%. If the surface temperature is increased to 200C, that breakdown increases to 65%. That breakdown would likely be larger in a traditional skillet where cooking times are increased.

Ok so from that page you cite it also mentions "normally cooked " degrading 24%, so your 3ish gm is now about 2.25gm. Again, enough for most of the people on this forum in a single steak. I rest my case.Who the heck bakes a steak at 400 for wind45 minutes? Lol

aygung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aygung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aygung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aygung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aygung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aygung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aygung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aygung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aygung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aygung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aygung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    there is frank medrano who is a complete vegan and gets protein only from vegetables and exercises 6 days a week.. most of the carnivores on this forum could only dream about having a build like his. (I read he used to eat meat before, but still he can maintain that body with veggies)
    I think difference between types of protein sources gives you an edge for only about %1-2. Not really worth all this effort

Ok so from that page you cite it also mentions "normally cooked " degrading 24%, so your 3ish gm is now about 2.25gm. Again, enough for most of the people on this forum in a single steak. I rest my case.Who the heck bakes a steak at 400 for wind45 minutes? Lol
    Pls go, strong tunnel vision

In order to get your 2.25g you're using the absolute most ideal findings that are against the weight of other studies. First off, the "normally cooked" steak degrading 24-34%, and this conflicts with the other study posted where a normally cooked steak would degrade 40-65% in creatine content. Also, you're using the 6.6g/kg of creatine, whereas other studies suggest the number is between 4.5-5g/kg. If we take a mid-range estimate of 5g/kg and 40% degradation, a 1 pound cooked steak provides roughly a gram and a quarter of creatine. Which is fine, but probably not going to maintain saturation.
    My log:

snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by aygung View Post
    there is frank medrano who is a complete vegan and gets protein only from vegetables and exercises 6 days a week.. most of the carnivores on this forum could only dream about having a build like his. (I read he used to eat meat before, but still he can maintain that body with veggies)

Bill Pearl too.

During an interview Bill commented:

Yet I can still carry the same amount of muscle as I did in winning my four Mr. Universe titles. People can't believe it. They think that to have big muscles you have to eat meat - it's a persistent and recurring myth. But take it from me, there's nothing magic about eating meat that's going to make you a champion bodybuilder. Anything you can find in a piece of meat, you can find in other foods as well.

Originally Posted by snorkelman View Post
    Yeah, unlike what many bros say, you don't need a full 5 grams of creatine to maintain saturation. However, if you were trying to get a full 5 grams, it would take about 3 pounds of beef to give you that.
    And perhaps that is part of the "Old wives tale" of why beef is best. IDK, imaginining a time before creapure was at Wal-Mart I can see how a fellow who primarily consumed beef over say dairy might have had a strong feeling were he a high responder to creatine that beef was awesome.

I'm a robust creatine responder, heck thats why I take the stuff still. But again could be easily accomplished with fish or pork. Fish due to generally less cook time will offer more cooked creatine than beef. I think it was herring that was the highest in creatine content.

No wonder I crave the kipper snacks.

GrowMacGrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrowMacGrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrowMacGrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrowMacGrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrowMacGrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrowMacGrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrowMacGrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrowMacGrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrowMacGrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrowMacGrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrowMacGrow will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Beef is the reason as to why i look forward to a Sunday roast every week.

Beef, mashed potatoes, sausages, gravy and veggies = Anabolic meal of the gods

Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I cook my steak caveman style. How much Creatine am I losing?

(caveman style grilling is laying that shiz right on the coals.)
    Certified Fapologist

My protein shake brings all the girls to the yard
    A protein shake a day keeps the bullies away

~3 years and +40lbs later...

GrowMacGrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrowMacGrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrowMacGrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrowMacGrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrowMacGrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrowMacGrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrowMacGrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrowMacGrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrowMacGrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrowMacGrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrowMacGrow will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Blacklac View Post
    I cook my steak caveman style. How much Creatine am I losing?

(caveman style grilling is laying that shiz right on the coals.)
    If it were caveman, then you'd more likely be eating fried bugs for protein more than killing a cow