Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Thin.. Skinny..

Let me unload my balls Paintballchick's Avatar
    Paintballchick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Paintballchick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Paintballchick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Paintballchick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Paintballchick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Paintballchick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Paintballchick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Paintballchick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Paintballchick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Paintballchick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Paintballchick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Thin.. Skinny..

*vent on*

Gahhh 2 terms I really am beginning to dislike a lot.

If you hear someone say you are getting too skinny/thin, does it send you ragey? It drives me insane as I feel that sometimes those words are just outright negative connotations.

*vent off*
    IG= randomchickaz
    Snapchat = britchickaz

Paintball addict and been on my healthy lifestyle track for a year.

198lbs 2013
    157lbs 2014

"What you do today is important, because you are exchanging a day of your life for it"

Violettt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Violettt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Violettt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Violettt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Violettt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Violettt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Violettt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Violettt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Violettt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Violettt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Violettt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I had a coworker tell me I was "getting too skinny". I mean for my height and weight...I'm not "too skinny". It didn't offend me. I just disregarded it. I'm losing fat but gaining lean mass. Some people just don't understand.

I can't imagine how girls deal with this who are even thinner than I am. Geesh.
    Last edited by Violettt; 08-21-2014 at 10:47 AM.
    ~Team Dymatize~

bodybuilding.com/store/dym/dym.htm
    instagram.com/dymatize
    ********.com/dymatize
    twitter.com/dymatize

PERFECTING ATHLETIC NUTRITION

Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the
    official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.

IG: sarahvyx

MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I get it a lot recently... As I'm pretty much at competition bf level. Snapped at someone the other day who said "you should be putting on weight surely". He knows i have a show. Yeah that'll help 2 weeks out.

But then I have cutting rage... No doubt ill be more tolerant when there is more food!

Also, it's not seen as acceptable to comment "oh you're getting too fat" now is it!!
    Bench press: current 65kg, goal 70kg
    Squat: current 75kg, goal 90kg
    Deadlift: current 100kg, goal 120kg

Natural Physique Assoc. (UK) figure 2014, 2nd place.

Paintballchick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Paintballchick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Paintballchick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Paintballchick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Paintballchick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Paintballchick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Paintballchick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Paintballchick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Paintballchick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Paintballchick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Paintballchick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Violettt View Post
    I had a coworker tell me I was "getting too skinny". I mean for my height and weight...I'm not "too skinny". It didn't offend me. I just disregarded it. I'm losing fat but gaining lean mass. Some people just don't understand.

I can't imagine how girls deal with this who are even thinner than I am. Geesh.
    Aye, I do wonder how people that are a lot smaller than myself cope with it. I think the final straw came today when I posted a pic on FB and said another 10lbs and I should be seeing even better definition on the abs.

Originally Posted by MadCatLady View Post
    I get it a lot recently... As I'm pretty much at competition bf level. Snapped at someone the other day who said "you should be putting on weight surely". He knows i have a show. Yeah that'll help 2 weeks out.

But then I have cutting rage... No doubt ill be more tolerant when there is more food!

Also, it's not seen as acceptable to comment "oh you're getting too fat" now is it!!
    Haha I am wanting to maybe try competiting next year, but I don't know if I can be on that cut for the 12 weeks prior! So mad props to you and I may just kill people if that hungry. And yup it is try on the Fat Comment.
    IG= randomchickaz
    Snapchat = britchickaz

198lbs 2013
    157lbs 2014

"What you do today is important, because you are exchanging a day of your life for it"

BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I don't get called thin or skinny, so no

**I once was a fat little hippo... BubsNBean's journey back to healthy**
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170112133

Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Paintballchick View Post
    Aye, I do wonder how people that are a lot smaller than myself cope with it. I think the final straw came today when I posted a pic on FB and said another 10lbs and I should be seeing even better definition on the abs.
    There's your first mistake... Puttingg progress pics on FB. FB, Instagram they both give people the right to give un asked for and probably bad and/or rude advice/comments. But on the other hand, you're choosing to post those pics, if you don't want to hear what people think, maybe you should stop posting them?
    Stick to posting progress pics on here from now on.

Originally Posted by Cara0915 View Post
    There's your first mistake... Puttingg progress pics on FB. FB, Instagram they both give people the right to give un asked for and probably bad and/or rude advice/comments. But on the other hand, you're choosing to post those pics, if you don't want to hear what people think, maybe you should stop posting them?
    Stick to posting progress pics on here from now on.
    It's not just on there that I hear it. That was just the final straw.

I hear it often in the office at work, even more so when I complained yesterday about 75 being too cold for the AC to be at, as i was freezing my ass off. So the comments from the other girl that shares my office were "I am too skinny and should put on some weight and I wouldn't feel so cold"

Now I am far from "too skinny" - 5ft 10 and 157 lbs now, so plenty of room to maneuver and lose some more.

Anyways I was just venting... And figured this would be the appropriate place to vent as perhaps others have experienced this and was interested to see how they coped. Or is this the wrong place to ask such questions?
    IG= randomchickaz
    Snapchat = britchickaz

198lbs 2013
    157lbs 2014

BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Just let it roll off your back, OP. People will always have an opinion.

Although I will say this, just be honest with yourself. Some people do lose too much weight, so just make sure you're being honest with yourself and you'll be fine.

**I once was a fat little hippo... BubsNBean's journey back to healthy**
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170112133

Originally Posted by BubsNBean View Post
    Just let it roll off your back, OP. People will always have an opinion.

Although I will say this, just be honest with yourself. Some people do lose too much weight, so just make sure you're being honest with yourself and you'll be fine.
    For sure I don't think I could lose to much even if I wanted too! Love food way to much for that lol
    IG= randomchickaz
    Snapchat = britchickaz

198lbs 2013
    157lbs 2014

vhenley164 is a name known to all. (+5000) vhenley164 is a name known to all. (+5000) vhenley164 is a name known to all. (+5000) vhenley164 is a name known to all. (+5000) vhenley164 is a name known to all. (+5000) vhenley164 is a name known to all. (+5000) vhenley164 is a name known to all. (+5000) vhenley164 is a name known to all. (+5000) vhenley164 is a name known to all. (+5000) vhenley164 is a name known to all. (+5000) vhenley164 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Had a guy at the gym question why I worked when I wasn't fat. Do people ask guys lifting weights why they do it? I presume not.

Richy P is just really nice. (+1000) Richy P is just really nice. (+1000) Richy P is just really nice. (+1000) Richy P is just really nice. (+1000) Richy P is just really nice. (+1000) Richy P is just really nice. (+1000) Richy P is just really nice. (+1000) Richy P is just really nice. (+1000) Richy P is just really nice. (+1000) Richy P is just really nice. (+1000) Richy P is just really nice. (+1000)
    Happens every now and again, sometimes the old 'you don't need to go to the gym your thin enough as it is' line gets trotted out. That's worthy of a Bert.
    -101,221, I can see the light - thanks
    -129,871, getting closer
    -150,000, more than half way there!

Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Paintballchick View Post
    Anyways I was just venting... And figured this would be the appropriate place to vent as perhaps others have experienced this and was interested to see how they coped. Or is this the wrong place to ask such questions?
    Nothing wrong with venting and you made it very clear in your first post that it was specifically what you are doing. If users don't like it, they don't need to post (then again, maybe they just want to vent to).

I've had similar responses and I don't post any progress pics or stuff even related to that on FB.

I've had heavier women tell me "you need to eat more, you are too skinny". Little did they know I was planning on attacking a huge amount of nachos later that night, thus why I wasn't eating that much at the picnic, plus obviously the way to deal with the issue of her insecurity about her weight was for ME to gain weight.

I find most of the time when the words "thin" and "skinny" are thrown around, it is usually by people that are overweight, they are insecure about being overweight, you make them jealous cause you aren't overweight and it isn't meant as a compliment.

Just curious though, do you see this most often with women or men. Cause I see so many women cutting each other down regarding how they look, but I rarely see that with men (unless they are in the big MISC).
    Workout Log / Chat thread...Embrace the Dragon: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169711903

"If you truly seek understanding, then first, empty your cup!" – Unknown

*** Squat Quitter Crew ***
    *** Dragon Flags Crew ***

Originally Posted by Artemis00 View Post
    Nothing wrong with venting and you made it very clear in your first post that it was specifically what you are doing. If users don't like it, they don't need to post (then again, maybe they just want to vent to).

I've had similar responses and I don't post any progress pics or stuff even related to that on FB.

I've had heavier women tell me "you need to eat more, you are too skinny". Little did they know I was planning on attacking a huge amount of nachos later that night, thus why I wasn't eating that much at the picnic, plus obviously the way to deal with the issue of her insecurity about her weight was for ME to gain weight.

I find most of the time when the words "thin" and "skinny" are thrown around, it is usually by people that are overweight, they are insecure about being overweight, you make them jealous cause you aren't overweight and it isn't meant as a compliment.

Just curious though, do you see this most often with women or men. Cause I see so many women cutting each other down regarding how they look, but I rarely see that with men (unless they are in the big MISC).
    It really has been pretty varied, but yup some have their own weight or insecurity issues. I'm getting better at just shrugging it off though
    IG= randomchickaz
    Snapchat = britchickaz

198lbs 2013
    157lbs 2014

FreakyFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) FreakyFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) FreakyFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) FreakyFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) FreakyFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) FreakyFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) FreakyFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) FreakyFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) FreakyFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) FreakyFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) FreakyFit will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It seems to be acceptable to call me skinny. Usually the person saying it is overweight and doesn't work out.

cirion0000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cirion0000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cirion0000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cirion0000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cirion0000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cirion0000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cirion0000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cirion0000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cirion0000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cirion0000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cirion0000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Artemis00 View Post
    From my own experience I probably have only had two comments recently. Once a coworker (very overweight, surprise eh?) said I was scrawny (as you can see from my stats I'm no hulk but not a pre-buffed/small version of captain america either) and my mom said something too after I finished a cut a while back. It does seem like women seem to be a lot harsher to each other than men. I even actually have a couple of overweight friends that if anything, want me to teach them how to lose weight and get fit. It's actually nice, being able to inspire people to get in shape.

Now in the powerlifting forums I do get it a lot more from guys. I'm always told I need to get fat to get strong (that I need to be 220 WT class or 242 WT class). I'm at 15% BF, plenty high already, and my strength gains are fine. I'm not going to compromise my health to add a few extra pounds to the bar. That's just a personal decision though. Plenty of people get ridiculously strong without getting fat. If I bulked to 242 WT class I'd be like 30-40% BF. Ummm, no thanks.
    Gym best lifts
    Squat - 370 lb x 1 rep Strict OHP - 150 lb x 4 rep
    Bench Press - 270 lb x 1 rep Deadlift - 340 lb x 3 rep

Training Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166040681&p=1332331801#post1332331801

Clear Muscle Sponsored Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165842991&p=1328126481#post1328126481

Richy P is just really nice. (+1000) Richy P is just really nice. (+1000) Richy P is just really nice. (+1000) Richy P is just really nice. (+1000) Richy P is just really nice. (+1000) Richy P is just really nice. (+1000) Richy P is just really nice. (+1000) Richy P is just really nice. (+1000) Richy P is just really nice. (+1000) Richy P is just really nice. (+1000) Richy P is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by FreakyFit View Post
    It seems to be acceptable to call me skinny. Usually the person saying it is overweight and doesn't work out.
    I don't know if that was a subtle hint for us to check out your pics and start sending reps your way, or a serious post.

If serious: Profile picture - doesn't look skinny or thin. The best description I think is 'in shape'. Some overweight have perception problems when it comes to skinny and thin.
    -129,871, getting closer

cirion0000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cirion0000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cirion0000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cirion0000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cirion0000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cirion0000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cirion0000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cirion0000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cirion0000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cirion0000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cirion0000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Richy P View Post
    I don't know if that was a subtle hint for us to check out your pics and start sending reps your way, or a serious post.

If serious: Profile picture - doesn't look skinny or thin. The best description I think is 'in shape'. Some overweight have perception problems when it comes to skinny and thin.
    I think the problem is with being overweight almost being the norm these days, people forget what being a normal weight even looks like, so anyone skinnier than them is automatically too small. I am not for fat shaming, but for promoting good health. And being 250-400 lb is pretty much not healthy for anyone, male or female, except for extreme circumstances (really tall, SUPER muscular etc)
    Gym best lifts
    Squat - 370 lb x 1 rep Strict OHP - 150 lb x 4 rep
    Bench Press - 270 lb x 1 rep Deadlift - 340 lb x 3 rep

Training Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166040681&p=1332331801#post1332331801

Clear Muscle Sponsored Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165842991&p=1328126481#post1328126481

FreakyFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) FreakyFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) FreakyFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) FreakyFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) FreakyFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) FreakyFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) FreakyFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) FreakyFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) FreakyFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) FreakyFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) FreakyFit will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by cirion0000 View Post
    I think the problem is with being overweight almost being the norm these days, people forget what being a normal weight even looks like, so anyone skinnier than them is automatically too small. I am not for fat shaming, but for promoting good health. And being 250-400 lb is pretty much not healthy for anyone, male or female, except for extreme circumstances (really tall, SUPER muscular etc)
    Yeah when I tell them I weigh 122 lbs they start to call me everything from skinny, to scrawny to any insult they can think of.

So that's 8 stone 10lb. So I imagine that gets rounded down to 8 1/2 stone in conversation. For someone of your height it sounds like not very much. They would probably expect you to say 9 - 9 1/2 stone. If you have a narrow frame and some height, people will perceive you to be thinner than you are.
    -129,871, getting closer

So that's 8 stone 10lb. So I imagine that gets rounded down to 8 1/2 stone in conversation. For someone of your height it sounds like not very much. They would probably expect you to say 9 - 9 1/2 stone. If you have a narrow frame and some height, people will perceive you to be thinner than you are.
    It sounds like not a lot to the average 11 stone british woman I suppose.

Probably - if you take a snap shot of the women I work with, half of them probably weigh either the same, or more than I do. If you stood beside them you probably would look skinny initially. However remove them and have yourself standing there on your own, views would probably change.

People shouldn't be commenting on your weight or how you look at work - it's unprofessional. Only times it should be discussed is if you bring up the subject, or join in a conversation.
    -129,871, getting closer

courtzbv will become famous soon enough. (+50) courtzbv will become famous soon enough. (+50) courtzbv will become famous soon enough. (+50) courtzbv will become famous soon enough. (+50) courtzbv will become famous soon enough. (+50) courtzbv will become famous soon enough. (+50) courtzbv will become famous soon enough. (+50) courtzbv will become famous soon enough. (+50) courtzbv will become famous soon enough. (+50) courtzbv will become famous soon enough. (+50) courtzbv will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I had a group of women at work corner me one day telling me I was getting too skinny etc. I told them I eat a lot and train at the gym and I am not worried. As I was walking off I heard one woman say "I bet she doesn't eat carbs" ... haha. I just ignored them and kept on doing what I love doing whilst eating carbs :P

Malaki100 is just really nice. (+1000) Malaki100 is just really nice. (+1000) Malaki100 is just really nice. (+1000) Malaki100 is just really nice. (+1000) Malaki100 is just really nice. (+1000) Malaki100 is just really nice. (+1000) Malaki100 is just really nice. (+1000) Malaki100 is just really nice. (+1000) Malaki100 is just really nice. (+1000) Malaki100 is just really nice. (+1000) Malaki100 is just really nice. (+1000)
    It's because Americans are so fat, once they see someone getting into shape think they are the exact opposite of themselves. I'm in Canada now and it looks like there aren't as many fat people here.
    Matthew 6:19-21: "Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20 But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."

***Capoeirista Crew***
    ***True Blue Crew***

lisemccracken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It is unfortunate that when you are feeling the healthiest, eating well, getting exercise, and treating your body with the respect that it deserves that you should be under attack by those around you. People judge others too quick and have such insecurities, it makes it hard sometimes to know when to trust what people are saying and their true motivation behind it. I hope that you can let these comments slide off of you and just enjoy your own health

illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Ha, I'd love to be called skinny.

(<< no danger of that happening anytime soon).

I know around bodybuilding circles "skinny" is darn near a curse word, but I wouldn't take it as an insult. There's few ways to call someone slim-but-fit-instead-of-skinny w/o sounding hokey. Like I can call my lifting friends "swole" or "buff" with some good-natured humor in there, but for someone wanting to give a genuine compliment especially to someone who used to be overweight, "skinny" is kind of the society standard.

Big_Dip will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big_Dip will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big_Dip will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big_Dip will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big_Dip will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big_Dip will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big_Dip will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big_Dip will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big_Dip will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big_Dip will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big_Dip will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Probably - if you take a snap shot of the women I work with, half of them probably weigh either the same, or more than I do. If you stood beside them you probably would look skinny initially. However remove them and have yourself standing there on your own, views would probably change.

People shouldn't be commenting on your weight or how you look at work - it's unprofessional. Only times it should be discussed is if you bring up the subject, or join in a conversation.
    I'm 10 stone 5 lbs so I'm a stone lighter than you. I'd say 90%-95% of men and maybe 60% of women I work with are heavier than me. I get called skinny all the time but I'm fitter than probably 80% of them.
    Hoping to bench 200 someday

Yes Most men no matter their height or their build are heavier than me. I've only ever come across one person in real life who was lighter than me, and they were significantly shorter, and probably thinner.

I'm probably one of the un-fittest thin people going.
    -129,871, getting closer

HeroesFall is a name known to all. (+5000) HeroesFall is a name known to all. (+5000) HeroesFall is a name known to all. (+5000) HeroesFall is a name known to all. (+5000) HeroesFall is a name known to all. (+5000) HeroesFall is a name known to all. (+5000) HeroesFall is a name known to all. (+5000) HeroesFall is a name known to all. (+5000) HeroesFall is a name known to all. (+5000) HeroesFall is a name known to all. (+5000) HeroesFall is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by illiniStrive View Post

I know around bodybuilding circles "skinny" is darn near a curse word, but I wouldn't take it as an insult. There's few ways to call someone slim-but-fit-instead-of-skinny w/o sounding hokey. Like I can call my lifting friends "swole" or "buff" with some good-natured humor in there, but for someone wanting to give a genuine compliment especially to someone who used to be overweight, "skinny" is kind of the society standard.
    Damn Illi, you lookin' skinny!!

In all seriousness, people outside of the bodybuilding culture don't understand the proper terminology to offer an appropriate compliment. When they say, you are looking skinny or thin, replace those words with "leaner." For most people, lean is what you buy in the meat section for your ground beef or steak. Lean does not apply to people.

When someone tells you that you are getting "too skinny" that is for two reasons. 1. Jealousy. 2. Because people aren't used to seeing someone whose lean. They are used to obesity, the new norm for the Western World. Its not jealousy, its a lack of understanding of what actually IS healthy and what it means to be FIT.

So don't worry your mind with what people say. Trust me, as a guy, its far more painful. Nothing crushes a male natural's ego like, "man you shrank what happened," or, "you're looking really skinny, how much weight have you lost?" I know what I do and what I did to get there, and its always good for laughs how people are like, "yea I should cut out some junk food or do some walking," it takes a hell of a lot more dedication than that to do what we do.
    It's not about where you are today, but what you're doing right now, to build a better you for tomorrow. - Me

Judge not by the color of my reps but on the content of my posts.

fitnesslover95 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fitnesslover95 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fitnesslover95 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fitnesslover95 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fitnesslover95 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fitnesslover95 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fitnesslover95 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fitnesslover95 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fitnesslover95 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fitnesslover95 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fitnesslover95 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I haven't had that problem because I've haven't lost a noticeable amount of weight yet. I could see how that would be annoying though. People just need to mind their own business.

dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by illiniStrive View Post

ITA. I get kinda slightly offended when another woman calls me skinny and I usually say (good-naturedly I hope) "Hey! I'm not skinny! I'm fit!" but I know that 95% of the time they *are* trying to compliment me, not insult me. In mainstream America, skinny *is* the standard women aspire to, hence all the "Skinny Girl" margarita mixes and "Skinny Bitch" book sales. On the very rare occasions someone does say I look fit or "in shape" or athletic, I beam, but frankly those occasions only happen in the gym with other people who are familiar with and striving for that same aesthetic.
    "Eat some oatmeal, do some squats, how hard is that seriously."--Prof Ham
    ..............................................................................
    Team Cookies Give You Superpowers
    ...............................................................................
    For the lulz and an occasional intelligent thought, plus pics:

http://musclemilkisnotaeuphemism.blogspot.com/