jamessavidge is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jamessavidge is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jamessavidge is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jamessavidge is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jamessavidge is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jamessavidge is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jamessavidge is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jamessavidge is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jamessavidge is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jamessavidge is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jamessavidge is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

my dream of being a oly lifter/strongman/powerlifter

Hi Sorry if i got the wrong forum but i used to be in all the bodybuilding thing and recently i said F that and started 5x5 sl and loving my legs getting alot bigger and all sorts but i need critique on my workout regime for being a power lifter.. can anyone give me advise.. if im doing to much or to less please let me know.. so here we go..
    Ok so i workout 3x a week and goes something like ths..

Monday; squats 5x5, bench press 5x5, pendley rows 5x5 and then a little side work which consists of leg ups, hip thrusts)200 pounds x15 hold for 3 sec up/down, HEAVY farmer walks and weighted dips 3x8 with 45 pound plate

Wednesday: Squats 5x5, military press 5x5, deadlift 2-3x5 and side work will be tbar using legs and back 5x3 and then tbar just to give my back a lil isolation and using the same tbar i also do a few right and left arm shoulder press's with the olymipic t bar and finally i do step ups with quite a bit of weight.

Friday: Back squat 3x5, front squat 2x5, bench press 5x5, pendley rows 5x5 and once again heavy leg ups, hip thrusts and more heavy weighted dips to go with the bench i did..

I also throw in as many olympic lifts as possible throughout my workout.. at the moment I'm cleaning 145 pounds but i know i can do more.. but can only jerk about 125 right now(i know pathetic)

I also tend to do most of my workouts in pyimid(sp) sets which im not sure is working all that great.. getting a hell lot bigger but im either losing body fat which is dropping some of my lifts or im doing something wrong.. the weird thing is that i lost 5 pounds on my bench but im ab,e to clean more then i could before so im not entirely sure

So my set goes say something like this.. i squat a max of 190 with perfect form so at 115 as my warmup set. then go to 155 then 165 then 175 and then 185 and finally i struggle to do 195-205.. i mean I can do it but with great struggle and bad form.. so i am wondering whether to start back at 135 on my squat drop my bench 10 pounds and start easy and go up 5 a week and see if that helps.. i was squatng 115 with same struggle as 200 4 months ago so things are def working.. im just looking for a lil advise and trying to explain my situation.. I REALLLLLLY want to be a power lifter but i feel like being 150-160 pounds is really stopping my dream.. im getting bigger all around and half my jeans dont even fit anymore but im still not seeing anymore gains that are all that great.. stuck at around 185 with perfect form but i was doing same thing a month ago but i feel that my form as increased dramatically and thats why we need to go for when doing this kind of thing

I was stuck at 85 pounds on the mil press but have gotten to 95 now after a month which feels like slow progression but whatever aslong as im getting there... still havnt gained weight though.. been working out for 6 months and people def give me compliments but my god damn weight just wont budge from 155-160(keep in mind my lifts have increased quite a bit over these months and ive learnt a hell lot about the oly lifts that i want to do later in life but i feel that being only 150-160 pound is going to really take a toll on my power lifting dream.. i cannot afford protein powder so i eat a ton of food at home(mainly alot of tofu, peanut butter, baked beans or any kind of beans, meat 3 times a week so im trying my best.. so basically if anyone has any tips to add to my workout sced please go right ahead..

I also find ab workouts dont seem to do much for me due to all the compounds but i still do 200-500 situps every off day..

so wall of text.. sorry guys just need some advise.. ive been following 5x5 sl but cant feel like a bit of extra quite exercises after would hurt anything..

wish i could post pictures.. alot different muscle poping out in different places since last months been lovin that tbar!

Also one last question.. if im doing heavy pendley rows is there any point doing the tbar with heavy weights afterwords? i love the tbar but 5x5 sl says pendley rows are the best so i do 4x5 instead of 5x5 and usually head over to the tbar for 3x5 to finish it off.. on deadlift days i just use my back 3x5 and on pendley row

I also want to know about switching pendley row for the barbell t bar as it feels alot better on my beck, its easier and i can stack more weigh,t.. the only thing is that i think pendley row hits your lats more and the tbar hits the middle of my back if that sounds right..

Id love to switch the tbar from pendley but dont want to lose what pendley row offers.. so please someone who knows and has experience on this please give me some advise thankyou..

jamessavidge is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jamessavidge is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jamessavidge is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jamessavidge is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jamessavidge is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jamessavidge is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jamessavidge is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jamessavidge is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jamessavidge is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jamessavidge is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jamessavidge is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by jamessavidge View Post
    Hi Sorry if i got the wrong forum but i used to be in all the bodybuilding thing and recently i said F that and started 5x5 sl and loving my legs getting alot bigger and all sorts but i need critique on my workout regime for being a power lifter.. can anyone give me advise.. if im doing to much or to less please let me know.. so here we go..
    Ok so i workout 3x a week and goes something like ths..

Monday; squats 5x5, bench press 5x5, pendley rows 5x5 and then a little side work which consists of leg ups, hip thrusts)200 pounds x15 hold for 3 sec up/down, HEAVY farmer walks and weighted dips 3x8 with 45 pound plate

Wednesday: Squats 5x5, military press 5x5, deadlift 2-3x5 and side work will be tbar using legs and back 5x3 and then tbar just to give my back a lil isolation and using the same tbar i also do a few right and left arm shoulder press's with the olymipic t bar and finally i do step ups with quite a bit of weight.

Friday: Back squat 3x5, front squat 2x5, bench press 5x5, pendley rows 5x5 and once again heavy leg ups, hip thrusts and more heavy weighted dips to go with the bench i did..

I also throw in as many olympic lifts as possible throughout my workout.. at the moment I'm cleaning 145 pounds but i know i can do more.. but can only jerk about 125 right now(i know pathetic)

I also tend to do most of my workouts in pyimid(sp) sets which im not sure is working all that great.. getting a hell lot bigger but im either losing body fat which is dropping some of my lifts or im doing something wrong.. the weird thing is that i lost 5 pounds on my bench but im ab,e to clean more then i could before so im not entirely sure

So my set goes say something like this.. i squat a max of 190 with perfect form so at 115 as my warmup set. then go to 155 then 165 then 175 and then 185 and finally i struggle to do 195-205.. i mean I can do it but with great struggle and bad form.. so i am wondering whether to start back at 135 on my squat drop my bench 10 pounds and start easy and go up 5 a week and see if that helps.. i was squatng 115 with same struggle as 200 4 months ago so things are def working.. im just looking for a lil advise and trying to explain my situation.. I REALLLLLLY want to be a power lifter but i feel like being 150-160 pounds is really stopping my dream.. im getting bigger all around and half my jeans dont even fit anymore but im still not seeing anymore gains that are all that great.. stuck at around 185 with perfect form but i was doing same thing a month ago but i feel that my form as increased dramatically and thats why we need to go for when doing this kind of thing

I was stuck at 85 pounds on the mil press but have gotten to 95 now after a month which feels like slow progression but whatever aslong as im getting there... still havnt gained weight though.. been working out for 6 months and people def give me compliments but my god damn weight just wont budge from 155-160(keep in mind my lifts have increased quite a bit over these months and ive learnt a hell lot about the oly lifts that i want to do later in life but i feel that being only 150-160 pound is going to really take a toll on my power lifting dream.. i cannot afford protein powder so i eat a ton of food at home(mainly alot of tofu, peanut butter, baked beans or any kind of beans, meat 3 times a week so im trying my best.. so basically if anyone has any tips to add to my workout sced please go right ahead..

I also find ab workouts dont seem to do much for me due to all the compounds but i still do 200-500 situps every off day..

so wall of text.. sorry guys just need some advise.. ive been following 5x5 sl but cant feel like a bit of extra quite exercises after would hurt anything..

wish i could post pictures.. alot different muscle poping out in different places since last months been lovin that tbar!

Also one last question.. if im doing heavy pendley rows is there any point doing the tbar with heavy weights afterwords? i love the tbar but 5x5 sl says pendley rows are the best so i do 4x5 instead of 5x5 and usually head over to the tbar for 3x5 to finish it off.. on deadlift days i just use my back 3x5 and on pendley row

I also want to know about switching pendley row for the barbell t bar as it feels alot better on my beck, its easier and i can stack more weigh,t.. the only thing is that i think pendley row hits your lats more and the tbar hits the middle of my back if that sounds right..

Id love to switch the tbar from pendley but dont want to lose what pendley row offers.. so please someone who knows and has experience on this please give me some advise thankyou..
    I also feel like being 150-160 pounds and seeing some of you guys do 400-600 pounds squats just makes me feel like a complete weakling.. i want to know is a few things..

I have watched videos of guys who have never really even hit the gym and they are squating 400+(the guy also weighs about 300 pounds so idk)

been working out for about 8 months.. was 120 pounds when i got out of the slammer been going at it for about 6 months(3 months wasting hours doing bodybuilding and 3 months doing sl 5x5) can def tell you the 5x5 sl is the king compared to the crap i was doing before..

I mean I want to be able to pick up those 500-1000 pounds boulders but this is a dream that is long long time to get there.. do you think its possible with a bodyweight of 160 that just wont budge(I eat healthy food 24/) so cant be the food.. i just cant gain anymore weight.. muscles popping out extra but still no weight gain.. should i keep doing what im doing and slowely get there or can you guys give me some tips of some different exercises i can do to increase my deadlifts/squats anything!! this is my dream please help!

brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You have a long way to go, but the first step is to begin training and be consistent.

1. Pick a program (see Stickies). I suggest Starting Strength, Madcow, or 5/3/1 for now.
    2. Begin to eat (I am going to suggest just tracking your macros, getting some veggies, and begin gaining weight slowly)
    3. Continue on that same program, no matter what, indefinitely. Do not look to the left or to the right at all the programs out there. Just pick one and stick to it until it stops working. If you are going backward, it has stopped working, otherwise, get to know it extremely well and stay with it.
    4. Have fun with it. It may be your dream, but enjoy the climb.

To the best of my limited knowledge, that's what it takes. The top 20% of guys do the same 80% of work, so get the 80% right for a few years and you'll be amazed at how far you'll get. It's not about where you start, but rather where you finish, so disregard everyone else's performance or starting point, and focus on what you can control as an athlete, which is what is listed above.

adpowah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adpowah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adpowah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adpowah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adpowah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adpowah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adpowah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adpowah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adpowah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adpowah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adpowah has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Just to add to Brudman if you are getting bigger but getting weaker you have likely overreached for too long and you need a deload/rest period. You are squatting 3 times a week at high volume so unless you are eating a lot and king of recovery you will have to take a break eventually. Also I added 10 minutes of walking to the end of each of my lifting sessions and it greatly helped my recovery (suggestion via HT).
    Recreational lifter, 5'8" @ 191lbs. Best gym lifts 385/260/405

runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Walking cures a lot of things adpowah. I strongly believe in it.

308smk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 308smk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 308smk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 308smk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 308smk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 308smk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 308smk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 308smk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 308smk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 308smk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 308smk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Go find a proper strength coach or knowledgeable training partner and train with him as often as possible. If he's any good and you're dedicated and serious about things then you will see exponential progress in a short period of time.