jreynolds37 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

meal prepping with frozen veggies

Up until now, I've meal prepped my protein and carbs, then cooked veggies or added raw fresh ones at time of eating. I'm wondering though, would it be ok if I put in a serving of frozen veggies with my cooked protein and carbs, and had them sit in the fridge throughout the week?
    When I microwave it all, will they still be good?

Or, should I cook them first, then add them? (and basically reheat them when I eat)

I realize I could try this, but if anyone ever has (and it doesn't work well) I'd love to know before wasting a week of veggies. Thanks!

KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I've always microwaved my frozen veggies before, then re-heated them afterward... otherwise too much water escapes from the first heating and the rest of my food goes soggy. But hey, that's just me.

jreynolds37 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by KobiDC View Post
    I've always microwaved my frozen veggies before, then re-heated them afterward... otherwise too much water escapes from the first heating and the rest of my food goes soggy. But hey, that's just me.
    This is good insight. Soggy food is no fun.
    Won't take much more work to cook a big batch and separate out. Thanks!

reckless101 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) reckless101 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) reckless101 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) reckless101 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) reckless101 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) reckless101 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) reckless101 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) reckless101 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) reckless101 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) reckless101 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) reckless101 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    That's what I do. I boil a bunch (taste better imo) and then separate them in lunch packs . Put a cheese on top when u microwave for better taste