sapedro has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Raw Oatmeal vs Cooked Oatmeal

Quick question:

How should I prepare it? Raw or cooked?

I've been using it for milksahes: first cook it with water and add cold milk afterwords.

Is there any way to eat if plain, adding a good touch, since this is a pretty tasteless food?

Thanks!

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Why are you adding oatmeal to milkshakes? And why would you want to consume a food you call "tasteless"?

gendarius has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by sapedro View Post
    Quick question:

How should I prepare it? Raw or cooked?

I've been using it for milksahes: first cook it with water and add cold milk afterwords.

Is there any way to eat if plain, adding a good touch, since this is a pretty tasteless food?

Thanks!
    are you using instant oats or steel cut?

i mix my quaker white oats with a scoop of strawberry whey, water and put it in the fridge
    after my workout i mash a banana into the cup and eat

Mncdk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mncdk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mncdk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mncdk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mncdk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mncdk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mncdk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mncdk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mncdk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mncdk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mncdk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I like to stir in a teaspoon of cocoa powder and a sprinkle of cinnamon (and protein powder if my macros are off) after it has cooked, and then slice a banana on top of it. Occasionally I'll add chocolate chips as well.

My oatmeal from today:

Attached Images
    "As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it."
    "The plural of anecdote is not data."

snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Wait a second. You cook oatmeal, and then let it cool, and dump it in your milkshakes?

GuinnessPower is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GuinnessPower is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GuinnessPower is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GuinnessPower is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GuinnessPower is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GuinnessPower is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GuinnessPower is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GuinnessPower is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GuinnessPower is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GuinnessPower is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GuinnessPower is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I add cooked oatmeal sometimes to my whey shakes to make gainers. Cook the oatmeal before you consume it.

imazinger will become famous soon enough. (+50) imazinger will become famous soon enough. (+50) imazinger will become famous soon enough. (+50) imazinger will become famous soon enough. (+50) imazinger will become famous soon enough. (+50) imazinger will become famous soon enough. (+50) imazinger will become famous soon enough. (+50) imazinger will become famous soon enough. (+50) imazinger will become famous soon enough. (+50) imazinger will become famous soon enough. (+50) imazinger will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I grind up my dry oats into a powder and put it in my shakes . it has the same health benefits dry or cooked .........google is your friend
    bulking to 245 .............................and Gona B Hooooooooge
    why do 18"s still look small in the mirror?

imazinger will become famous soon enough. (+50) imazinger will become famous soon enough. (+50) imazinger will become famous soon enough. (+50) imazinger will become famous soon enough. (+50) imazinger will become famous soon enough. (+50) imazinger will become famous soon enough. (+50) imazinger will become famous soon enough. (+50) imazinger will become famous soon enough. (+50) imazinger will become famous soon enough. (+50) imazinger will become famous soon enough. (+50) imazinger will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by GuinnessPower View Post
    I add cooked oatmeal sometimes to my whey shakes to make gainers. Cook the oatmeal before you consume it.
    Why?

For many people, enjoying a piping hot bowl of oatmeal is the perfect way to start the day. For others, however, that bowl of oatmeal is best left uncooked. Whether you are following a raw diet or simply enjoy the nutty taste of raw oats, you might be inclined to eat your oats straight from the package. Eating uncooked oatmeal is not only safe but also provides the same benefits as eating cooked oatmeal.

Oat Benefits

Whether cooked or uncooked, oats have high nutritional value and approximately 310 to 390 calories per 100 g serving. This serving size delivers a whopping 9 to 11 g of fiber and 13 to 17 g of protein. Oats are also a good source of polyunsaturated fat and monounsaturated fat, which are healthy for the heart. Although they don't pack a powerful punch in terms of vitamins, they are high in several minerals, including calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorous, potassium and manganese. The soluble fiber in oats helps to eliminate cholesterol and lower blood pressure, and the insoluble fiber helps keep your digestive tract healthy and efficient. The beta-glucan in oatmeal can also help regulate blood sugar, and the lignans can protect the body against cancer.

KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You know, you don't have to eat oatmeal if you don't like it. Same with every other food...

K3RB3R0S will become famous soon enough. (+50) K3RB3R0S will become famous soon enough. (+50) K3RB3R0S will become famous soon enough. (+50) K3RB3R0S will become famous soon enough. (+50) K3RB3R0S will become famous soon enough. (+50) K3RB3R0S will become famous soon enough. (+50) K3RB3R0S will become famous soon enough. (+50) K3RB3R0S will become famous soon enough. (+50) K3RB3R0S will become famous soon enough. (+50) K3RB3R0S will become famous soon enough. (+50) K3RB3R0S will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    OP when I would make breakfast shakes I would soak the oatmeal in water over night, then blend it in the morning before adding the other desired foods.

Originally Posted by KobiDC View Post
    You know, you don't have to eat oatmeal if you don't like it. Same with every other food...
    If he feels he gets some health benefit that makes it worth it...? Like me and greek yogurt.
    MAY THE PROGRESS BE WITH YOU!
    455-365-545 for 5

K3RB3R0S will become famous soon enough. (+50) K3RB3R0S will become famous soon enough. (+50) K3RB3R0S will become famous soon enough. (+50) K3RB3R0S will become famous soon enough. (+50) K3RB3R0S will become famous soon enough. (+50) K3RB3R0S will become famous soon enough. (+50) K3RB3R0S will become famous soon enough. (+50) K3RB3R0S will become famous soon enough. (+50) K3RB3R0S will become famous soon enough. (+50) K3RB3R0S will become famous soon enough. (+50) K3RB3R0S will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by imazinger View Post
    I grind up my dry oats into a powder and put it in my shakes . it has the same health benefits dry or cooked .........google is your friend
    Doing this left me with a more difficult blender mess, the dry oats would get stuck in the bottom.
    MAY THE PROGRESS BE WITH YOU!
    455-365-545 for 5

snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by K3RB3R0S View Post
    Doing this left me with a more difficult blender mess, the dry oats would get stuck in the bottom.
    I haven't done that in years, but when I did, I found it much easier to use a coffee grinder (rather than a blender) and grind up a whole bunch at one time for multiple future shakes.

trainingemailer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trainingemailer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trainingemailer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trainingemailer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trainingemailer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trainingemailer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trainingemailer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Raw cuz lazy.

Originally Posted by K3RB3R0S View Post
    I use the fine blade in a magic bullet , no mess at all , quick easy mass gainer