ItsDPC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lethargy After Lifting

I'm a 33 year old guy. 5'9" 175. I've been lifting weights for about 10 years and am in pretty good shape. I have followed several different workouts from Bodybuilding.com in recent years for both Bulking, Fat Loss and maintenance. These include Kris Gethin DTP & 12 week trainer, Jim Stoppani Shortcut to Shred & Shortcut to Size, Y3T and more

I just began the Arnold Blueprint program. I am feeling lethargic in the hours after my workout. I also feel lethergic the entire day following my workout. This is nothing new for me. I always feel lethargic when I am on bulking programs.

The program calls for weight training 6 days per week, but I do not feel like my body can handle it. How can I recover faster from these heavy workouts? How can I feel less lethargic all the time while on the program? Thanks for any thoughts or advice!

Joshyb90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joshyb90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joshyb90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joshyb90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joshyb90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joshyb90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joshyb90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joshyb90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joshyb90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joshyb90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joshyb90 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hi, I know you probably dont want to hear this, but I suffer from the same thing when I train consecutive days in a row. The best solution I have found is to incorporate a 1 day on 1 day off training regime. Progress has been alot better also.
    Number 1 goal: consistency.

ItsDPC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for the reply. I agree. I always feel better when I do a one day on / one day off regime during a bulking program. I honestly don't know how guys lift heavy 6 days per week.

Any thoughts on how to increase the number of training days per week without the lethargy? In terms of diet, supplementation, sleep, other? I would like to get in 4 or maybe 5 days per week without the constant lethargic state.

I wonder what the root cause of this is, and why some guys can lift heavy 6 days per week, while others can only manage 3?

Joshyb90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joshyb90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joshyb90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joshyb90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joshyb90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joshyb90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joshyb90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joshyb90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joshyb90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joshyb90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joshyb90 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ItsDPC View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I agree. I always feel better when I do a one day on / one day off regime during a bulking program. I honestly don't know how guys lift heavy 6 days per week.

Any thoughts on how to increase the number of training days per week without the lethargy? In terms of diet, supplementation, sleep, other? I would like to get in 4 or maybe 5 days per week without the constant lethargic state.

I wonder what the root cause of this is, and why some guys can lift heavy 6 days per week, while others can only manage 3?
    Well to be honest it can be a number of things, and im speaking on behalf of myself here. Im susceptible to stress and anxiety and I believe that can really wreak havoc on recovery. Alot of the blokes I see at the gym who train everyday and manage to have energy still are those with pretty basic lifestyles eg. Low stress job, no responsibilitys, some still live at home etc.

You should be able to get 4 days in per week training every other day if you dont mind your training days changing eg.

Monday
    wednesday
    Friday
    Sunday
    Tuesday
    Thursday
    Saturday etc.

Sorry if this doesnt help.

Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ItsDPC View Post
    I honestly don't know how guys lift heavy 6 days per week.

It's quite simple...they take a lot of illegal supps.
    OG

Originally Posted by Jasonk282 View Post
    It's quite simple...they take a lot of illegal supps.
    Lol oh and that too^^^