mars152 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question first legs day, help?

I just started training after a long break and even a longer break since my last legs day. First legs day gonna be tomorrow and i can only afford stiffness and pain that i can tolerate and go on my day with as i need to go check into a new college on saturday. Can anyone suggest a workout routine for a first legs day training

MUTANTREP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MUTANTREP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MUTANTREP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MUTANTREP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MUTANTREP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MUTANTREP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MUTANTREP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MUTANTREP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MUTANTREP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MUTANTREP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MUTANTREP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by mars152 View Post
    I just started training after a long break and even a longer break since my last legs day. First legs day gonna be tomorrow and i can only afford stiffness and pain that i can tolerate and go on my day with as i need to go check into a new college on saturday. Can anyone suggest a workout routine for a first legs day training
    Then nothing to fancy, just keep the weights light and 2-3 sets per movement. Warm up well and remember to follow proper form. You'll do fine. Let me know how it goes.

mars152 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by MUTANTREP View Post
    Then nothing to fancy, just keep the weights light and 2-3 sets per movement. Warm up well and remember to follow proper form. You'll do fine. Let me know how it goes.
    Will do, guess ill have to wait a day or two to find out how stiff theyd be though. Thanks bruh!
    Last edited by mars152; 08-15-2014 at 12:59 AM. Reason: forgot an exclamation mark:p

DubCuda is on a distinguished road. (+10) DubCuda is on a distinguished road. (+10) DubCuda is on a distinguished road. (+10) DubCuda is on a distinguished road. (+10) DubCuda is on a distinguished road. (+10) DubCuda is on a distinguished road. (+10) DubCuda is on a distinguished road. (+10) DubCuda is on a distinguished road. (+10) DubCuda is on a distinguished road. (+10) DubCuda is on a distinguished road. (+10) DubCuda is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Do some heavy ass squats until your legs are shaking, you'll be fine the next day.

k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Nobody can say with absolute certainty that you won't be sore if you do anything other than not workout, even at light weights.

My only advice is to try to do 10-15 minutes on the bike after your leg workout and drink a lot of water. In my experience it may help mitigate the amount of soreness after training legs. But again, I'm not saying 100% that it'll work for you, it's a known strategy that some (including myself) report to help.

Dazious is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dazious is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dazious is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dazious is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dazious is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dazious is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dazious is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dazious is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dazious is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dazious is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dazious is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by k9pit View Post
    My only advice is to try to do 10-15 minutes on the bike after your leg workout and drink a lot of water. In my experience it may help mitigate the amount of soreness after training legs. But again, I'm not saying 100% that it'll work for you, it's a known strategy that some (including myself) report to help.
    This.
    I also find that walking at a steady pace for 10 minutes on the treadmill after your workout also has the same effect.
    Muscles do not grow from thin air. Train hard and feed yourself with the nutrients needed to build muscle tissue!

bennmuz will become famous soon enough. (+50) bennmuz will become famous soon enough. (+50) bennmuz will become famous soon enough. (+50) bennmuz will become famous soon enough. (+50) bennmuz will become famous soon enough. (+50) bennmuz will become famous soon enough. (+50) bennmuz will become famous soon enough. (+50) bennmuz will become famous soon enough. (+50) bennmuz will become famous soon enough. (+50) bennmuz will become famous soon enough. (+50) bennmuz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Squat till you puke, then do some squats!

I like squats!
    My names Benn and I believe in fitness!

Eat a ton of protein. Squat heavy. Push heavy objects. Have sex. Love life.

Strength is never a weakness.

THElabCHIMP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THElabCHIMP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THElabCHIMP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THElabCHIMP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THElabCHIMP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THElabCHIMP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THElabCHIMP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THElabCHIMP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THElabCHIMP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THElabCHIMP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THElabCHIMP is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Man up!
    There is no substitute for hard work

ajdawson is on a distinguished road. (+10) ajdawson is on a distinguished road. (+10) ajdawson is on a distinguished road. (+10) ajdawson is on a distinguished road. (+10) ajdawson is on a distinguished road. (+10) ajdawson is on a distinguished road. (+10) ajdawson is on a distinguished road. (+10) ajdawson is on a distinguished road. (+10) ajdawson is on a distinguished road. (+10) ajdawson is on a distinguished road. (+10) ajdawson is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If it's your first leg day back after a while then don't go straight to the heaviest weight you can lift. Ease back into it and you won't be anywhere near as sore. Don't forget to do a good warmup before and a cooldown afterwards, and you'll hopefully be pretty good.

Connor1226 is just really nice. (+1000) Connor1226 is just really nice. (+1000) Connor1226 is just really nice. (+1000) Connor1226 is just really nice. (+1000) Connor1226 is just really nice. (+1000) Connor1226 is just really nice. (+1000) Connor1226 is just really nice. (+1000) Connor1226 is just really nice. (+1000) Connor1226 is just really nice. (+1000) Connor1226 is just really nice. (+1000) Connor1226 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by THElabCHIMP View Post
    Man up!
    I happen to agree lol
    Just workout and don't worry about it.

Plus you'd have to seriously over do it to be in serious pain and be hobbling about on your first day of school.

Having a thorough warm up before doing legs helps. Also someone on here gave me the excellent advice of foam rolling before a leg workout. That really helped me.
    I like personal responsibility and accountability. When you admit you are the problem you are simultaneously admitting you are the solution.

Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    max out on squats
    OG

MCheekCPA is on a distinguished road. (+10) MCheekCPA is on a distinguished road. (+10) MCheekCPA is on a distinguished road. (+10) MCheekCPA is on a distinguished road. (+10) MCheekCPA is on a distinguished road. (+10) MCheekCPA is on a distinguished road. (+10) MCheekCPA is on a distinguished road. (+10) MCheekCPA is on a distinguished road. (+10) MCheekCPA is on a distinguished road. (+10) MCheekCPA is on a distinguished road. (+10) MCheekCPA is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If you're going to be successful at the BB stuff, there will be times you'll just have to suck it up and deal with it. You'll be ok man, you're 18. Oh to be 18 again. You can handle a lot more than you think you can. I think back to those days, I was almost immortal back then. Wait until you get older, that's when you need to make sure you're not overdoing things from one day to the next. Aging Sux! But now you're tougher than a nail, take advantage of this time in your life and push yourself!

Kenacillin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kenacillin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kenacillin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kenacillin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kenacillin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kenacillin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kenacillin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kenacillin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kenacillin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kenacillin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kenacillin will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have had my fair share of times when I have taken 2-3 weeks off of legs. My best advice for you is to cut your workout volume in half. So half as many total sets, with moderate weight. This allows you to still tax the muscle, with decent load on the body. Although your body will feel Less overall fatigue.
    Everybody wanna get big, but nobody wanna do legs!!