imrlybord7 is not very well liked. (-100) imrlybord7 is not very well liked. (-100) imrlybord7 is not very well liked. (-100) imrlybord7 is not very well liked. (-100) imrlybord7 is not very well liked. (-100) imrlybord7 is not very well liked. (-100) imrlybord7 is not very well liked. (-100) imrlybord7 is not very well liked. (-100) imrlybord7 is not very well liked. (-100) imrlybord7 is not very well liked. (-100) imrlybord7 is not very well liked. (-100)

Does deadlifting help or hurt general unrelated lower back pain?

why cant this box be blank

Registered User Dannylightning1's Avatar
    Dannylightning1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dannylightning1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dannylightning1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dannylightning1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dannylightning1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dannylightning1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dannylightning1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dannylightning1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dannylightning1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dannylightning1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dannylightning1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    depends on what is causing your back pain. i have some kind of issue, pretty sure its a herniated disk. doing squats, dead lifts, planks and butt lifts has helped me, i can feel all of those in the lower back area. not sure exactly which ones are helping but something has made it a bit better than it was since i started doing those

i do not do any of these things with that much weight if far of having a back lock up again. when i first started dead lifts i had to do them with body weight only, doing them with even 10 lbs put a major strain on my back, now i can do them with 45 lbs..

are any of these exercises going to help you with back issues, possibly, are any of them going to hurt you if you have back issues, possibly. so if you decide to try and use lifting to fix your back problems start out with mainly body weight or light weight and be very careful.
    I hurt my back a while back and could not do much than got lazy for several years. In late 2013 I started lifting again, still have back problems but at least i am lifting again, cant go heavy on allot of stuff but i do what i can.

batman37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) batman37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) batman37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) batman37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) batman37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) batman37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) batman37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) batman37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) batman37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) batman37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) batman37 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Personally, the dead lift helped me overcome my back pain. I was experiencing issues due to weak erectors and poor posture though.

Just make sure you use very good form and stretch anything that is tight or limits your range of motion before you lift.
    -Having a big tool box is great but it means nothing if you lack a set of standard screwdrivers and a hammer.
    -The Pareto principle: 80% of the effects are from 20% of causes. All the other small details will only affect a small portion of results, 80% of causes will contribute to 20% of the effects.

RIPPETOE-STARTING STRENGTH FAQ
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=998224&pagenumber=

imrlybord7 is not very well liked. (-100) imrlybord7 is not very well liked. (-100) imrlybord7 is not very well liked. (-100) imrlybord7 is not very well liked. (-100) imrlybord7 is not very well liked. (-100) imrlybord7 is not very well liked. (-100) imrlybord7 is not very well liked. (-100) imrlybord7 is not very well liked. (-100) imrlybord7 is not very well liked. (-100) imrlybord7 is not very well liked. (-100) imrlybord7 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by batman37 View Post
    I was experiencing issues due to weak erectors and poor posture though.
    That's probably my problem nail on the fuarkin head. Thanks.

mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    How much flexibility and hamstring work do you do?
    Supplement a good diet: don't diet on supplements.

MAN Sports Lead Rep

Disclaimer: The statement above reflects that of my own opinion & in no way that of MAN Sports. Our products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

IG: @eminentandpowerfulco

Originally Posted by mtpaquette View Post
    How much flexibility and hamstring work do you do?
    Flexibility? None. That should change maybe.

Hamstrings? Deep squats with pretty much vertical shins.

I've been really sick and sedentary this week and my lower back is bothering me a lot more than usual.

oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I need to see your MRI report.

hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Back and knees are both better now than before I started raw, mostly beltless, lifting.

I need about tree fiddy davisj3537's Avatar
    davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by oldballs View Post
    I need to see your MRI report.
    ^This.

Way to take advice from random people on the internet as a factual diagnosis OP.

In many cases DL is worse for the lower back. Go see a dr man.
    Experience, not just theory

Kenacillin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kenacillin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kenacillin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kenacillin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kenacillin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kenacillin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kenacillin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kenacillin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kenacillin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kenacillin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kenacillin will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ^^Yes, go see a doctor, or even a PT or Chiropractor. There are so many reasons for back pain that the treatment can not always be solved by training. Deadlifts can hurt or help the back depending on the condition. In a case of herniated/prolapsed disc, the deadlift can hurt you if the curvature of the lumbar spine loses curvature, which will increase herniation, and push the nucleus pulpolsis (IV disc) more outward, which is exactly what a herniation is.

On the other hand, in therapy, strengthening of lower back muscles and glutes is beneficial to keeping the IV disc in place.. Although this is done doing weightless exercises such as butt-kicks while being on all fours, superman extensions on stomach.. exercises of that sort.

Just be careful.. Even hyperextensions can aggrevate your pain, push the disc out, impinge a nerve, and result in pain and discomfort.
    Everybody wanna get big, but nobody wanna do legs!!

My lower back almost never bothers me, and when it does it is pretty much always because of a bad tailbone bruise as I was skating off the ice a few years ago. I feel it really mildly after squats and sometimes kind of heavily for a day or two if I go hard on deadlifts. This was the first time it hurt for a few days in a row or above my tailbone. Like I said, extremely sick and sedentary. It has felt fine since yesterday, and I have gathered a general consensus that strengthening the lower back with heavy direct work is preventative, not aggravating. I would be less surprised to learn that I have fibromyalgia, which I don't think there is any chance I have, than to learn that I have a lower back issue to address. I am somewhat kyphotic and pretty lordotic.

Of course if a bad tailbone bruise hurting after heavy deadlifts is actually serious then I am u wot m8

oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by imrlybord7 View Post
    My lower back almost never bothers me, and when it does it is pretty much always because of a bad tailbone bruise as I was skating off the ice a few years ago. I feel it really mildly after squats and sometimes kind of heavily for a day or two if I go hard on deadlifts. This was the first time it hurt for a few days in a row or above my tailbone. Like I said, extremely sick and sedentary. It has felt fine since yesterday, and I have gathered a general consensus that strengthening the lower back with heavy direct work is preventative, not aggravating. I would be less surprised to learn that I have fibromyalgia, which I don't think there is any chance I have, than to learn that I have a lower back issue to address. I am somewhat kyphotic and pretty lordotic.

Of course if a bad tailbone bruise hurting after heavy deadlifts is actually serious then I am u wot m8
    Well then why make the stupid thread?

GravityLee has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GravityLee has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GravityLee has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GravityLee has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GravityLee has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GravityLee has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GravityLee has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GravityLee has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GravityLee has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GravityLee has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GravityLee has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    My lower back is healthier when i do Roman Chair Back Extensions

I have only had lower back strains, never a serious injury. Recommend doctor for that situation since spine is so important

hanger1989 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hanger1989 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hanger1989 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hanger1989 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hanger1989 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hanger1989 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hanger1989 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hanger1989 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hanger1989 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hanger1989 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hanger1989 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

Smile

If it's a muscle weakness in your back that's causing the discomfort in that area, them deadlifts will likely help. If your getting pain in that area for any other reason though then deadlifting isn't a good idea.

Originally Posted by oldballs View Post
    Well then why make the stupid thread?
    Because my lower back killed for almost a week and I wanted to hear a consensus because I don't automatically write off people who denounce deadlifts as idiots.

I need about tree fiddy davisj3537's Avatar
    davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by imrlybord7 View Post
    I am pretty lordotic.
    You have lordosis and think DL is a good idea...good luck fixing lordosis.

I don't get why people ask for advice, with a lack of relevant information, take the response they want and discard the people that don't provide what they wanted to hear.
    Experience, not just theory