johntaylorny is on a distinguished road. (+10) johntaylorny is on a distinguished road. (+10) johntaylorny is on a distinguished road. (+10) johntaylorny is on a distinguished road. (+10) johntaylorny is on a distinguished road. (+10) johntaylorny is on a distinguished road. (+10) johntaylorny is on a distinguished road. (+10) johntaylorny is on a distinguished road. (+10) johntaylorny is on a distinguished road. (+10) johntaylorny is on a distinguished road. (+10) johntaylorny is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Smile Thinking of Canceling Gym Membership

Im paying $40/month at my local 24hr gym. Its kinda pricey. Im going to do the stronglifts 5x5 program. I havent started lifting yet. I just go to the gym and run on the tredmill or eliptical.

With the 5x5 program I only need the power rack, bar, and weights. They only have one at my gym and its always in use.

If I do a 2 mile jog in the morn and a 2 mile walk at nite Ill burn as many calories as at the gym. I can buy the lifting equipment on Ebay used for $450.

Opinions plz...

r3dt4get will become famous soon enough. (+50) r3dt4get will become famous soon enough. (+50) r3dt4get will become famous soon enough. (+50) r3dt4get will become famous soon enough. (+50) r3dt4get will become famous soon enough. (+50) r3dt4get will become famous soon enough. (+50) r3dt4get will become famous soon enough. (+50) r3dt4get will become famous soon enough. (+50) r3dt4get will become famous soon enough. (+50) r3dt4get will become famous soon enough. (+50) r3dt4get will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    My opinion?

You don't need to do so much cardio to burn calories (unless you just like cardio for multiple reasons). Just eat less instead. You need to be tracking your calorie intake anyway. Adjust it for your goals (bulking/cutting).

You need the power rack, barbell, enough weights, space to put it, proper flooring for deadlifts, etc. But I think if you can commit to a home gym this is the way to go considering your gym sucks, and it will save you money in the long run.
    Workout Log & YouTube channel (I upload workouts 3x/week):
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUqHyUH2imaY6GTs77dqxzA

lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/pr...uctId=22455776

That setup is treating me kind so far. I a;so have oly weights and a Texas Power Bar (although the bar that came with the weights actually lasted a while for me).

batman37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) batman37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) batman37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) batman37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) batman37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) batman37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) batman37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) batman37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) batman37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) batman37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) batman37 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Home gyms are legit.

Make sure you have a power rack so you don't die.
    -Having a big tool box is great but it means nothing if you lack a set of standard screwdrivers and a hammer.
    -The Pareto principle: 80% of the effects are from 20% of causes. All the other small details will only affect a small portion of results, 80% of causes will contribute to 20% of the effects.

RIPPETOE-STARTING STRENGTH FAQ
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=998224&pagenumber=

Some Assembly Required BalyunPex's Avatar
    BalyunPex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BalyunPex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BalyunPex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BalyunPex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BalyunPex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BalyunPex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BalyunPex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BalyunPex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BalyunPex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BalyunPex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BalyunPex has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by johntaylorny View Post
    I can buy the lifting equipment on Ebay used for $450.
    The general concept is sound. Get some more detail on the gear, maybe some pics, and ask in the Equipment forum ... they can help you sort out "good value".

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26

Read the FAQs and stickies in there, as well.
    Cy8 5/3/1 SQ:255 - BP:235 - DL:345 - OHP:150

Action Figure Sold Separately

IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Smart.

Home gym is always best.

I won't pay for a power rack - google image search for "DIY squat rack" and look at some of what comes up.

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you're not going to utilize the other equipment that a commercial gym has to offer, it's better to just setup a home gym. I'm a big fan of Hammer Strength equipment, so a home gym wouldn't necessarily work for me.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

krazykisan71 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) krazykisan71 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) krazykisan71 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) krazykisan71 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) krazykisan71 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) krazykisan71 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) krazykisan71 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) krazykisan71 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) krazykisan71 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) krazykisan71 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I would stick to the gym membership im paying 20$ a month and i lose motivation in home gym. But i guess if your dedicated enough

koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You want to gain strength while doing all that cardio??
    Ditch the cardio or keep it at a minimum (walking pace).

nevergain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nevergain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nevergain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nevergain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nevergain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nevergain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nevergain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nevergain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nevergain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nevergain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nevergain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If you can get a setup that works for you and keep motivation at home that's great. I have tried this before and for some reason I am far more motivated to go to the gym than do the work at home. Maybe it's because I am paying into it. The home gym will be cheaper in the long run, but if it doesn't get used there is no point in having it. As I said that is how I am with it, but others do really well with home gyms and save lots in the process.

Broseph82 is just really nice. (+1000) Broseph82 is just really nice. (+1000) Broseph82 is just really nice. (+1000) Broseph82 is just really nice. (+1000) Broseph82 is just really nice. (+1000) Broseph82 is just really nice. (+1000) Broseph82 is just really nice. (+1000) Broseph82 is just really nice. (+1000) Broseph82 is just really nice. (+1000) Broseph82 is just really nice. (+1000) Broseph82 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by johntaylorny View Post
    Im paying $40/month at my local 24hr gym. Its kinda pricey. Im going to do the stronglifts 5x5 program. I havent started lifting yet. I just go to the gym and run on the tredmill or eliptical.

With the 5x5 program I only need the power rack, bar, and weights. They only have one at my gym and its always in use.

If I do a 2 mile jog in the morn and a 2 mile walk at nite Ill burn as many calories as at the gym. I can buy the lifting equipment on Ebay used for $450.

Opinions plz...
    It's cool being at home at first: listen to whatever music you want, lift whatever time in whatever you want, can leave weights wherever without having to put up each time, BUT it's hard to get someone to come lift with you (for spotting), the motivation will dwindle, no socialization with bros or hoes, and it just kind of sucks after a while.

I have a complete gym setup but have recently bought a gym membership again (luckily for only $15/mo).

Registered User edgeunderground's Avatar
    edgeunderground has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I lose motivation training at home. It's not that I want to be ogled or something. It's just that, when I'm driving to the gym, drinking a coffee listening to the murderdolls, when I arrive at the gym, I'm ready to KICK SOME ASS!! But that's me. If you won't lose motivation bro, go for it.
    StraightEdgeFitness:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDqXovOsjbuy-DivtvlQlFQ/videos
    https://www.********.com/Str8EdgeFitness
    https://twitter.com/str8edgefitness
    https://instagram.com/str8edgefitness

----Straight Edge Crew----