ILoveTrance is a name known to all. (+5000) ILoveTrance is a name known to all. (+5000) ILoveTrance is a name known to all. (+5000) ILoveTrance is a name known to all. (+5000) ILoveTrance is a name known to all. (+5000) ILoveTrance is a name known to all. (+5000) ILoveTrance is a name known to all. (+5000) ILoveTrance is a name known to all. (+5000) ILoveTrance is a name known to all. (+5000) ILoveTrance is a name known to all. (+5000) ILoveTrance is a name known to all. (+5000)

Went to a gym interview 45% for me/45% for the gym/10% for the comany (ADVICE)

Are those common practices? It blow my mind that i´d only get 1/2 of what i´ve worked for. How does it work in the gym you are working? Advices apreciated.

soren_xavier will become famous soon enough. (+50) soren_xavier will become famous soon enough. (+50) soren_xavier will become famous soon enough. (+50) soren_xavier will become famous soon enough. (+50) soren_xavier will become famous soon enough. (+50) soren_xavier will become famous soon enough. (+50) soren_xavier will become famous soon enough. (+50) soren_xavier will become famous soon enough. (+50) soren_xavier will become famous soon enough. (+50) soren_xavier will become famous soon enough. (+50) soren_xavier will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    That actually sounds really good if this is a corporate/chain gym type of place. At the Gold's franchise I work for you start at at 25%. 45% is the MAXIMUM you can earn, but you have to build up to that by getting more certs, hitting the 600 hours trained mark, etc.
    "I must find the truth which is true for me; the truth for which I can live and die." -- Soren Kierkegaard

ILoveTrance is a name known to all. (+5000) ILoveTrance is a name known to all. (+5000) ILoveTrance is a name known to all. (+5000) ILoveTrance is a name known to all. (+5000) ILoveTrance is a name known to all. (+5000) ILoveTrance is a name known to all. (+5000) ILoveTrance is a name known to all. (+5000) ILoveTrance is a name known to all. (+5000) ILoveTrance is a name known to all. (+5000) ILoveTrance is a name known to all. (+5000) ILoveTrance is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by soren_xavier View Post
    That actually sounds really good if this is a corporate/chain gym type of place. At the Gold's franchise I work for you start at at 25%. 45% is the MAXIMUM you can earn, but you have to build up to that by getting more certs, hitting the 600 hours trained mark, etc.

It is, the gym have 6000 active members (bigest in the country I live) and 30 PT´s already in. But the prices are ridiculy high for the amount of money people earn, around 40 bucks ea class. I know there´s some rich people but still...

ragingonion07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ragingonion07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ragingonion07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ragingonion07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ragingonion07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ragingonion07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ILoveTrance View Post
    Are those common practices? It blow my mind that i´d only get 1/2 of what i´ve worked for. How does it work in the gym you are working? Advices apreciated.
    I know the standard out here (Las Vegas) is a 50/50 split at a lot of gyms. The particular gym I work out at charges independents $600/month rent instead of the 50/50 split. If you are employed by the gym (making $12-$15/hr if you're lucky), the rent is waived. Bottom line: If you train (or want to train) folks out of a standard commercial gym, there are going to be a lot of hands in your cookie jar. What you are left with after the fact is often dismal.

Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Good question. Understand that you are providing the value and doing most of the work in any of these facilities.Therefore, you are in the realm of an independent contractor. When a gym charges you a percentage, they are taking more of your money than is necessary to take, and are now determining your rates. For example, consider going to a gym and charging $60 a session. If you do 80 sessions in that month, you earn $4800 in that month. If you pay 55% of that you end up giving away $2640. If you pay a flat fee of $600... Well you should see here how this is going.
    NASM (CPT)
    ISSA (CFT)