Spiral will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spiral will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spiral will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spiral will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spiral will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spiral will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spiral will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spiral will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spiral will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spiral will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spiral will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Meal plan/workout routine, gluten and lactose intolerant - please critique

Hi guys, I'm not exactly new to this forum (as you can tell by the registration date), however this will probably be my first serious bulking attempt.

Unfortunately, I have a special case when it comes to diet. I am both gluten and lactose intolerant. That means I can NOT consume any dairy product and I can NOT consume anything with wheat/flour + a few other special cases. So, basically, this is FORCING me to eat TOTALLY clean. It's also the reason my last real attempt at bulking completely failed. These food allergies gave me bipolar and add symptoms (not too severe on both accounts, but enough to hurt). Food intolerances really suck ass, because most people don't identify them - I'm lucky I did.

Anyway, I am 6'4, 180 lbs, 20 yrs old. Looking to bulk up to 200 by next summer. I've been working out on and off for a full year, but my diet has always been troublesome... and I was eating gluten and lactose at the time. However, I've been cooking my meals everyday for the past couple weeks so I'm sure I'll be able to stick to it this time! Probably a bit of a hardgainer.

Ok, sorry for the long ass post, let's get to the juice.

Meal 1

2 gluten free waffles with jam
    4 eggs
    whey protein mixed in Best of Egg

Workout (30 minutes later)

EITHER
    Chest, shoulders - bb bench press, incline db bench press, lateral raises, shoulder press, db rows, shrugs, deadlifts. 3 sets each for 6-10 reps. (should I do deadlifts first, last, or middle... perhaps move it to leg day?)

OR
    Legs, biceps, forearms - squats, calf raises, machine for hamstrings, curls, hammer curls, reverse wrist curl. 3 sets each for 6-10 reps

I'm guessing deadlifts/squats will take care of the back.

I work out every other day.

Going to try to be as INTENSE as possible in the gym. From what I've heard, this is definately the key to a successful workout.

Post workout
    2 scoops whey protein, a very small amount of dextrose (I fear the dextrose will give me a gut ), water.
    Creatine will be added after working out for 2 weeks.

Meal 2 (approx 1-2 hours post workout)
    Bratwurst, 1 big fat sweet potato, vegetables ( should I add more to this?)

Meal 3
    can of tuna, tortilla chips, BBQ sauce

Snack
    couple pieces of fruit, few heaping spoonfulls of natural PB (nasty!)

meal 4
    chicken breast, sweet potato, vegetables (this meal is subject to change)

meal 5 (right before bed)
    whey protein mixed in Best of Egg (need more here?)

My questions are in bold, and I'd appreciate it if you looked over my bulking workout routine. If everything looks in order, go ahead and say so . I'll be counting the calories, protein, carbs tomorrow (first day of training) and adding food if I don't gain weight.

Also, has anyone else used this "best of egg" stuff? I tried a search, but the word "egg" isn't allowed (under 4 characters) so I couldn't find a damn thing. Tell me if there's something I should know about it!

Thanks for the input!
    Last edited by Spiral; 09-01-2003 at 08:07 PM.

B_Nelley35 is a name known to all. (+5000) B_Nelley35 is a name known to all. (+5000) B_Nelley35 is a name known to all. (+5000) B_Nelley35 is a name known to all. (+5000) B_Nelley35 is a name known to all. (+5000) B_Nelley35 is a name known to all. (+5000) B_Nelley35 is a name known to all. (+5000) B_Nelley35 is a name known to all. (+5000) B_Nelley35 is a name known to all. (+5000) B_Nelley35 is a name known to all. (+5000) B_Nelley35 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Even though I have no answers to your questions, since I probably wouldn't help, but just seeing how you have these food handicaps yet are still going to take the extra step to eat right motivates me, I must avoid that large bowl of "pops"

Spiral will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spiral will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spiral will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spiral will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spiral will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spiral will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spiral will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spiral will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spiral will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spiral will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spiral will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Trust me man, when I first found out I was gluten intolerant... I was in total denial for like 2 months. I just didn't think I would be able to cook all this **** myself. The lactose is no problem, the gluten was tough - AT FIRST. Now it's cake. Just gotta get used to it man!