BeRoyal will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeRoyal will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeRoyal will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeRoyal will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeRoyal will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeRoyal will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeRoyal will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeRoyal will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeRoyal will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeRoyal will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeRoyal will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Exclamation Say no to cardio!

What up fellow gym rats! So Ive seen a lot of threads on here about whether cardio is necessary or not to loose bodyfat and both create and maintain an aesthetic physique.Now whether it is a necessity for shredding or not I think the majority of us here can agree we don't exactly enjoy cardio sessions, and if even so would much rather spend their time lifting than running. I myself am a national level physique competitor therefore cardio has always been a huge staple toward reaching that competition level bodyfat. But what about those who stay so lean year round???

We can all agree that the very essence of us being successful toward out fitness goals is dependent upon our motivation and drive to do so. And I dont speak for everyone here but I know for a fact that from show after show after show, two a days, or the majority of cardio in general tends to really take from the enjoyment of cutting. I mean as an athlete myself I am always striving to be faster, stronger, etc. So why not due the same for our metabolism? Why not train the body to decrease bodyfat while increasing the amount of food consumed daily?

So with that said I believe now would be the perfect time for a little shared experimentation as I just stepped of stage from taking first at my previous competition. Stage weight was 165 lbs and after about a week of eating whatever im currently up to about 175. So with that being said I will be attempting to shred down to competition weight slowly using a flexible dieting approach and NO CARDIO! All in all this will be a great chance to really take my physique to the next level while giving some of you less knowledgeable guys, or fellow non cardio enthusiast an inside step by step look as to how its done!

Previous Stats (Pre Competition)
    -165 lbs 3.5% BodyFat
    -Cardio: 5x week 600cal Stairmaster
    -Weight Training: 5x week Push Pull Routine
    Macros
    -200g Protein
    -143g Carbs
    -50g Fat

Current Stats (Post Competition) 8/11/14
    -175lbs 12% Bodyfat
    -Cardio: None
    -Weight Training: 5-6x week
    Macros:
    -166g Protein
    -201g Carbs
    -61g Fat

I will try to be updating this thread with pictures as well as changes made weekly. The goal here is to see a decrease in bodyfat while slowly increasing calories (specifically carbohydrates and fats) over a slow period of time. Bellow is posted both pictures of my show conditioning and the last one my current standings and if you have any questions or even input as always is greatly appreciated!
    Attached Images

SeanM4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SeanM4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SeanM4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SeanM4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SeanM4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SeanM4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SeanM4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SeanM4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SeanM4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SeanM4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SeanM4 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It is common knowledge here that cardio is not necessary for the loss of fat.

PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    *lose*

May want to start this in the journal section.
    BRAINS & GAINS

Strong Mind + Strong Body = UNSTOPPABLE

BeRoyal will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeRoyal will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeRoyal will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeRoyal will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeRoyal will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeRoyal will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeRoyal will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeRoyal will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeRoyal will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeRoyal will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeRoyal will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by SeanM4 View Post
    It is common knowledge here that cardio is not necessary for the loss of fat.
    This is true. But I do know there is a large crowd out there of people who are quite confused on the topic of increasing food intake while dropping body fat (reverse dieting) without putting themselves on a below 2,000 calorie diet.

viccles007 is a name known to all. (+5000) viccles007 is a name known to all. (+5000) viccles007 is a name known to all. (+5000) viccles007 is a name known to all. (+5000) viccles007 is a name known to all. (+5000) viccles007 is a name known to all. (+5000) viccles007 is a name known to all. (+5000) viccles007 is a name known to all. (+5000) viccles007 is a name known to all. (+5000) viccles007 is a name known to all. (+5000) viccles007 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    But I like it!
    Instagram: vicclesloveskarate
    New log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170156703&p=1416249753#post1416249753
    Old log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166758171
    Old log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157799473&highlight=Vic%27s+log

Originally Posted by PBateman2 View Post
    *lose*

May want to start this in the journal section.
    You'll have to excuse my spelling since I'm posting this from my phone LOL. Also this would be my first attempt of a somewhat legitimate thread post! Wasn't to sure if I was posting in the correct section but thanks!

Originally Posted by viccles007 View Post
    But I like it!
    Hey than more power to ya brother!!!

cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    As already mentioned, most people understand the basics of calories in vs. calories out, and the role that cardio plays.

If you want to keep a journal updating your progress and experience with reverse dieting, I would recommend putting it in the subforum for logs. If people are interested in following, they will do so there; not too many threads in the main nutrition section get bumped and followed on a regular basis.. especially not ones following someone's progress.

Also, were you negged because of this thread?...

sadly, life is a marathon shesprints's Avatar
    shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by BeRoyal View Post
    Hey than more power to ya brother!!!
    Sister, she's a female.

Hey, if you don't like cardio and look this good without it, that's great. It even makes sense to reduce training stress when you're eating a very hypocaloric diet. No doubt about it, cardio is a training stress and it's hard to perform at high levels while trying to attain low body fat while maintaining muscle, whew, exhausting just writing it out. BTW, you can easily get a mod to move the thread to the Journals section.

I hope you weren't negged because of this thread. I can see that the title is somewhat incendiary or seem kind of know-it-all-y, but you seem very polite.
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
    --Hubert Humphrey

Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170707741&p=1427864821#post1427864821

PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You'll have to excuse my spelling since I'm posting this from my phone LOL. Also this would be my first attempt of a somewhat legitimate thread post! Wasn't to sure if I was posting in the correct section but thanks!
    All good. Repped.
    BRAINS & GAINS

Strong Mind + Strong Body = UNSTOPPABLE

Originally Posted by cls91 View Post
    As already mentioned, most people understand the basics of calories in vs. calories out, and the role that cardio plays.

If you want to keep a journal updating your progress and experience with reverse dieting, I would recommend putting it in the subforum for logs. If people are interested in following, they will do so there; not too many threads in the main nutrition section get bumped and followed on a regular basis.. especially not ones following someone's progress.

Also, were you negged because of this thread?...
    Hey well thanks for the feedback! Like I said I'm new actually participating in the bodybuilding forums so don't have quite to much knowlege on navigating around quite yet. But thanks for the help! And uuuh hope I wasn't negged 😲

Munchin leaves since 87 StrikingMoose's Avatar
    StrikingMoose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StrikingMoose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StrikingMoose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StrikingMoose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StrikingMoose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StrikingMoose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StrikingMoose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StrikingMoose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StrikingMoose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StrikingMoose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StrikingMoose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Not to be that guy but you weren't 3.5% body fat.

Anyways. Look a lot better than me. GL with the cardio free cut

Originally Posted by shesprints View Post
    Sister, she's a female.

Hey, if you don't like cardio and look this good without it, that's great. It even makes sense to reduce training stress when you're eating a very hypocaloric diet. No doubt about it, cardio is a training stress and it's hard to perform at high levels while trying to attain low body fat while maintaining muscle, whew, exhausting just writing it out. BTW, you can easily get a mod to move the thread to the Journals section.

I hope you weren't negged because of this thread. I can see that the title is somewhat incendiary or seem kind of know-it-all-y, but you seem very polite.
    Lol WHOOPS! Like I said you'll have to excuse me since doing this all from my phone! And yes exactly you nailed it! Also how would I go about getting the thread moved?

cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Hey well thanks for the feedback! Like I said I'm new actually participating in the bodybuilding forums so don't have quite to much knowlege on navigating around quite yet. But thanks for the help! And uuuh hope I wasn't negged ��

Check your 'User CP' towards the top left. It will show you if you were repped or negged, by whom, and for what post specifically.

sadly, life is a marathon shesprints's Avatar
    shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Go to the main Nutrition forum, scroll to the bottom, and PM any of the mods listed there (just click the name) requesting that they move the thread.
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
    --Hubert Humphrey

Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170707741&p=1427864821#post1427864821

Originally Posted by StrikingMoose View Post
    Not to be that guy but you weren't 3.5% body fat.

Anyways. Look a lot better than me. GL with the cardio free cut
    Hey no worries man! Those pics were after getting off stage and 9 quequest bars later LOL! But the night before when measuring came out to about 3.5 (most likely not very accurate and around 5%) But anyway thank you!