Supreme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Weirdest training routines youve ever done/seen people do....

I cant figure out for the life of me what this one guy at my gym is doing. I'll see him do the exact same excercise for a week or two, everyday(4 day split,, he could be there even moer days), and he does like 10 sets of that one excercise. I notice him between my sets and stuff, the thing hes on now is behind the neck military presses, hes been doing them everyday im there since week before last, when I fist joined all I ever saw him do was pulldowns, this guys nowhere near huge either, so I have no idea what he could be doing.

Bardock has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    maybe he doesnt either
    Train for strength and size, not ego.

Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    There used to be a guy at my gym who would do endless sets of 5 lb. shrugs for hours on end! He'd be there every day shrugging away. He was a hulking 120 lbs!!!!

A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally posted by Sonny
    There used to be a guy at my gym who would do endless sets of 5 lb. shrugs for hours on end! He'd be there every day shrugging away. He was a hulking 120 lbs!!!!
    What an asswipe LOL

A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000)
    The strangest training programs are those that include the infamous bench + upright row combo :

-The guy lying on the bench , presses the weight up while the spotter upright rows it at the same time , those are the worst !

banned has a spectacular aura about. (+250) banned has a spectacular aura about. (+250) banned has a spectacular aura about. (+250) banned has a spectacular aura about. (+250) banned has a spectacular aura about. (+250) banned has a spectacular aura about. (+250) banned has a spectacular aura about. (+250) banned has a spectacular aura about. (+250) banned has a spectacular aura about. (+250) banned has a spectacular aura about. (+250) banned has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    people who do the same routine with the same weights everytime, look the same everytime too.
    There are no good and bad; no right and wrong. There were effective actions and ineffective actions, socially acceptable and unacceptable behaviour, wise and stupid decisions to be made. But if you wanted to achieve maximum sefl-realisation, you had to understand that any choice you made was entirely value neutral. Morality was a primitive concept, useful in earlier stages of societal evolution, perhaps, but without relevance in the modern age.

American As Apple Pie theHULK9281's Avatar
    theHULK9281 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) theHULK9281 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) theHULK9281 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) theHULK9281 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) theHULK9281 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) theHULK9281 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) theHULK9281 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) theHULK9281 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) theHULK9281 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) theHULK9281 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) theHULK9281 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    People who do full body workouts EVERYDAY......

I remember one guy use to come in, and hed sit on the bench for the whole 40-60min workout while i was there, and hed do a set of BP every 10 mins. Gives you the ****s it does. Another is this one big fella, hed be pretty muscly if he cut up but hes more of a powerlifter - hes the loudest bastard in the gym, every rep you can here him throughout the gym, even his warmup sets are noisy - raaaaar! yeeeearr! ooooooaar! I dont mind it, just amuses you sometimes, granted should you do it when you are straining, but he does it loud as hell when he isnt straining as well. The third and last thing was there is a thin rock climber, hes fairly ripped but would weigh a buck o five. He comes in grabs some fat ass dumb bells (like 30-40kg DBs, huge compared to the arms holding them up) and goes down half way "eeeeyaaaar!" CLANK! hed make the special effort to hit em together at the top of the movement "eeeeyaaaar!" CLANK! "rrrrrrrrrraaar! CLANK! I think he makes so much noise in an attempt to make people look at him and go in awe. Pffft, to hell with that, go in, work hard, leave. I aint tryin to impress no one but myself, and im already aware of what im doing, i dont need to get my attention by clacking weights .
    Their not as good as the above stories, but i wanted to contribute .

Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally posted by A-rod
    The strangest training programs are those that include the infamous bench + upright row combo :

-The guy lying on the bench , presses the weight up while the spotter upright rows it at the same time , those are the worst !
    I've seen that one before, but it was more of a bench press/sumo deadlift variation.

scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz
    people who dont do legs....

gjoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Talking

Bardock! That was one funny arse post!!!

Brinn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brinn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brinn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brinn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brinn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brinn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brinn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brinn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brinn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brinn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brinn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    The guy lying on the bench , presses the weight up while the spotter upright rows it at the same time
    Tell them to get a room!

Insahn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Its always the shrugs...everytime i visit the gym, there'll be a different guy attempting his own unorthodox variation of shrugs.
    DARN LACTIC ACID !

IronMike is a name known to all. (+5000) IronMike is a name known to all. (+5000) IronMike is a name known to all. (+5000) IronMike is a name known to all. (+5000) IronMike is a name known to all. (+5000) IronMike is a name known to all. (+5000) IronMike is a name known to all. (+5000) IronMike is a name known to all. (+5000) IronMike is a name known to all. (+5000) IronMike is a name known to all. (+5000) IronMike is a name known to all. (+5000)
    A few weeks ago some guy asked me to give him a sopt on the flat bench. He was doing 225lbs and told me to help him unrack the weight and only help him if he needed it.

I unrack the weight he lowers it to his chest presses it up an inch and says 'okay buddy help me' I do this 8 times for him, he sits up and says 'thanks for the spot' then I go 'no problem thanks for the back workout!'

I hate when people ask for spots and can't even do one rep on their own!

IronMike is a name known to all. (+5000) IronMike is a name known to all. (+5000) IronMike is a name known to all. (+5000) IronMike is a name known to all. (+5000) IronMike is a name known to all. (+5000) IronMike is a name known to all. (+5000) IronMike is a name known to all. (+5000) IronMike is a name known to all. (+5000) IronMike is a name known to all. (+5000) IronMike is a name known to all. (+5000) IronMike is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally posted by theHULK9281
    People who do full body workouts EVERYDAY......
    To each their own. I think a full body routine 2-3 times a week is best.

Deads, squats, bench presses, military presses, rows, and chins!

Location: BB.Com retirement community. Tanning with TIL, Rottie, etc
    devl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) devl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) devl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by IronMike

Deads, squats, bench presses, military presses, rows, and chins!
    I'm sure he would agree. His beef and mine are with those who do it EVERYDAY. Frankly I myself am starting to see the benefits of a full body routine done two or three times a week on nonconsecutive days. FB routines are great if done properly. You will grow and you don't have to waste your time with the useless stuff. Just stick to the basics and you are set.

missmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Too many people to write about but one in particular always makes me laugh- I call him "Coach Bob" cause he reminds me of those high school coaches who thinks he knows everything about working out but really doesn't know anything-

He starts with some jumping jacks with dumbbells and usually ends with extremely fast side bends with weights .... the rest of his workout is just as riduculous and he does the same thing every day!

scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz
    you get the olkd guy that does everything wrong but worse than that, he teaches his poor son to do it wrong.... Tehn wehn you say something which i have done he says i am wrong...oh well cant both be right...

B_Nelley35 is a name known to all. (+5000) B_Nelley35 is a name known to all. (+5000) B_Nelley35 is a name known to all. (+5000) B_Nelley35 is a name known to all. (+5000) B_Nelley35 is a name known to all. (+5000) B_Nelley35 is a name known to all. (+5000) B_Nelley35 is a name known to all. (+5000) B_Nelley35 is a name known to all. (+5000) B_Nelley35 is a name known to all. (+5000) B_Nelley35 is a name known to all. (+5000) B_Nelley35 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Alright the following guy I'm about to write about cracks me up everytime I see him, seriously it's hard to concentrate on what I'm doing when I see him there....

He wears the same clothes everytime I see him...a Tight green eagles shirt, with paint-stained khacki shorts. He wears garden gloves that look like they're 50 years old. He has thick glasses and long curly gray hair. He wears 2 inch thick socks 10 inches up his leg that have two green stripes. Well to my knowledge he only uses machines because I've yet to see him in the freeweight rooms.

Here is an example of what he might do at one machine.
    Bicep Curl Machine (Preachers)

1) Puts weight way beyond what he's capable to do...barely gets 1 freakin' rep...he stops changes the weight like 10 lbs lighter which is still beyond what he can do and does one rep. He'll then realize he's not that strong and goes to like something he can do for like 100 reps. It's really weird and I just crack up everytime I see him, maybe I should help him out.

One time this 'tough guy' newbie came in...Just by looking at him I'd say he could press two 35-40 lb dumbells. He picks up 65's...I'm like whoa impressive for his size. Gets on the bench and it gets stuck on him...The sad part is he tries to do it again, seriously WTF, do they learn?

I also hate those suckers that use like 2-3 ' range of motions during squats and benches , gotta shoot them down .....

PSUPOWER has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I also hate those suckers that use like 2-3 ' range of motions during squats and benches , gotta shoot them down .....
    I thought you were a BIG advocate of those? HaHa, kidding..

Supreme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Noticed something else, theres 3 guys at my gym who would do the hammer strength curl machine(where you load the plates on yourself) and these guys would laod about 5 10 pound plates on, and start going, when they repped out, they take a plate off and keep going and so on, and this was the only bicpes excercise id ever seen them do, no other arm work, and it showed, id fininsh my worjkout and theyd be finshing theirs, but theyve only done that one lift for damned near 90 minutes.....

And like you all mentioned, the full body guys, I dont know what these people are doing going for these half assed full body workouts, and the annoying thing thing is that sometimes they stare while you squat or bp, annoying. I never understand people who seem to want to use every piece of workout quipment in the entire gym, EVERY session...

theHULK9281 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) theHULK9281 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) theHULK9281 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) theHULK9281 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) theHULK9281 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) theHULK9281 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) theHULK9281 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) theHULK9281 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) theHULK9281 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) theHULK9281 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) theHULK9281 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally posted by IronMike
    Bro, I was refering to the guys who come into the gym and jump all over the place hitting everybody part during their hour or so workout.......EVERY ****ING DAY (i.e. mon-sun). And I ask them what their goal is and they reply with "to become big" or "to look like a pro-bodybuilder...... There are two guys that go to my gym and have this attitude. It's truely sad. I guess whatever floats their boat.

Originally posted by devl
    I'm sure he would agree. His beef and mine are with those who do it EVERYDAY.
    U got it!!

Originally posted by gjoe
    Bardock! That was one funny arse post!!!
    lol thanks mate i got another one for ya if you want. Theres one guy who comes in with his gf every now and then. He is fairly ripped and strong, but not very big, hed weigh say 80 - 85kgs i guess? anyway the thing is hes a pretty boy. He comes in lookin slick as he can strutting around in a brand name shirt which is too small for him, and all over the chest, back, and stomach hes cut slits in his brand name shirt with scissors, so that it looks like hes "ripped" the shirt up like the hulk whilst flexing and working out in the past (but the cuts are WAY too straight and clean ). Well either hes had a fight with a wolverine man, or hes used the sewing scissors to look tuff, my mates and i had a laugh about that one. Its not a weird workout routine, but we thought it was funny.

gjoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Talking

Originally posted by Bardock
    lol thanks mate i got another one for ya if you want. Theres one guy who comes in with his gf every now and then. He is fairly ripped and strong, but not very big, hed weigh say 80 - 85kgs i guess? anyway the thing is hes a pretty boy. He comes in lookin slick as he can strutting around in a brand name shirt which is too small for him, and all over the chest, back, and stomach hes cut slits in his brand name shirt with scissors, so that it looks like hes "ripped" the shirt up like the hulk whilst flexing and working out in the past (but the cuts are WAY too straight and clean ). Well either hes had a fight with a wolverine man, or hes used the sewing scissors to look tuff, my mates and i had a laugh about that one. Its not a weird workout routine, but we thought it was funny.
    your stories are too funny to be true!!! what gym are at? i would like to visit for a laugh!!!

Originally posted by gjoe
    your stories are too funny to be true!!! what gym are at? i would like to visit for a laugh!!!
    lol i better not say mate, its on a campus, so you get all sorts lol
    Last edited by Bardock; 09-03-2003 at 06:36 AM.

Xpander is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xpander is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xpander is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xpander is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xpander is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xpander is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xpander is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xpander is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xpander is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xpander is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xpander is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

issues w/ routines

in general: sloppy/lazy form

specifically:

the tricep pushdown...you know you've seen 'em, perhaps have been guilty of it...throwing the shoulders, back and everything short of the kitchen sink into it ?? Ughh!!

the tri kickback....where the humerus is rocking back and forth on the rotator cuff like it was its job - momentum, being the only thing worked.

BB bench....vigorously bouncing the bar off chest, cuz i'm using such a light weight = clueless

lat pulldown...back practically ending up parallel to floor - again, momentum is NOT your friend.

too many out there, but these are the obvious ones.
    .....insert clever sig here.....

strangepurple is on a distinguished road. (+10) strangepurple is on a distinguished road. (+10) strangepurple is on a distinguished road. (+10) strangepurple is on a distinguished road. (+10) strangepurple is on a distinguished road. (+10) strangepurple is on a distinguished road. (+10) strangepurple is on a distinguished road. (+10) strangepurple is on a distinguished road. (+10) strangepurple is on a distinguished road. (+10) strangepurple is on a distinguished road. (+10) strangepurple is on a distinguished road. (+10)

im sitting here in computer lab just laughing at the screen, people are like wtf is so funny, and they just don't understand : )

as for weird **** i see people doing...there is this one guy, looks a bit fruity, wears classic 80's sweatshirt w/ big neck always...he for some reason, does incline bench on the hammer strength, and he like, FALLS ASLEEP between sets. i sware the guy sits there 15 minutes between each set, eyes closed, not moving, then i happen to walk by and he's awake again doing another set. this lasts for probably 45 mins to an hour, cuz i usually finish my entire lifting routine and am moving on to cardio by the time he gets up off that one machine...i just don't understand some people :|