Surzilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) Surzilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) Surzilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) Surzilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) Surzilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) Surzilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) Surzilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) Surzilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) Surzilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) Surzilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) Surzilla is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Any thoughts on this brand of post-workout shake?

My parents work for Herbalife and I know many people say it's a scam and tbh, I think it is too. But they won't allow me to buy another brand of protein powder/workout shake since we already have this one at home. Could anyone tell me if it's appropriate for muscle building? And if not, what could I do to change it? (for example, add a banana in shake for more carbs, or milk for more protein etc..)
    There's also fructose in it. I don't know if it's a lot but I know (added) fructose is kinda bad. I'm not an expert at all so please give an explanation for all the problems with this (if there are any )

Thanks!
    Attached Images

IFBB Amateur, M. Physique ArchangelEST's Avatar
    ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Just eat regular food. Shakes are in no way needed or beneficial outside of comfort benefits. If your daily nutrition needs extra protein and sugar that you are unable to get from regular food, then that shake is fine. But if you ask me, it just makes more sense and is more enjoyable to just eat tasty food, rather than drink these shakes.
    Owner of:

www.Aspartame-Research.com
    www.MayfieldFitness.net

Author of:

Flexible Dieting Handbook: How To Lose Weight by Eating What You Want - an Amazon Bestseller

"The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn. "

― Alvin Toffler

Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz
    You are 15, you dont need to worry about post workout shakes buddy, your best bet is to include as much whole foods in your diet as possible, if you want a shake, like you mentioned you can simply make your own with milk/fruit/peanut butter etc..
    Eat the damn yolk.

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Consuming a shake after your work out does nothing special if you're already eating enough.

If you want to take one of those shakes anyway, it's not going to be a problem.

PS. I sent you a PM in response to a message yesterday.

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Try to consume more whole and minimally processed foods, rather than that type of processed fast food.

IGF1-Akt-mTor1/2 Brah braggable's Avatar
    braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Surzilla View Post
    My parents work for Herbalife and I know many people say it's a scam and tbh, I think it is too. But they won't allow me to buy another brand of protein powder/workout shake since we already have this one at home. Could anyone tell me if it's appropriate for muscle building? And if not, what could I do to change it? (for example, add a banana in shake for more carbs, or milk for more protein etc..)
    There's also fructose in it. I don't know if it's a lot but I know (added) fructose is kinda bad. I'm not an expert at all so please give an explanation for all the problems with this (if there are any )

Thanks!
    Hello Surzilla,

That looks like a decent product. I have never used it personally, but you should check out the selection of muscle builder products and supplements in the bodybuilding.com store. They offer a vast selection at low prices and their shipping rates are unbeatable.
    The above statement/post does not represent the opinions of anyone in real life. This is the internet. Not real life. Anyone who cannot grasp the difference between the two lacks the basic intelligence necessary for survival and should not be allowed to form opinions.

Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by braggable View Post
    Hello Surzilla,

That looks like a decent product. I have never used it personally, but you should check out the selection of muscle builder products and supplements in the bodybuilding.com store. They offer a vast selection at low prices and their shipping rates are unbeatable.
    Why? His parents will get him that stuff for free if he really needs it.
    Eat the damn yolk.

braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Gxp23 View Post
    Why? His parents will get him that stuff for free if he really needs it.
    You are probably correct that they would. But as I have never tried that brand, and he asked for opinions on it in the original post, I gave him my best answer.
    The above statement/post does not represent the opinions of anyone in real life. This is the internet. Not real life. Anyone who cannot grasp the difference between the two lacks the basic intelligence necessary for survival and should not be allowed to form opinions.

ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You are probably correct that they would. But as I have never tried that brand, and he asked for opinions on it in the original post, I gave him my best answer.
    From the posts you make it looks like you have some interest in promoting the bb.com store. It's fine if you like it, but it is hardly the cheapest store out there and 99.9% of all supplements are nonsense crap anyway. Telling anyone to "check out the selection of muscle builder products and supplements in the bodybuilding.com store" is basically telling them to read the BS advertising and get ripped off by purchasing worthless products.
    Owner of:

www.MayfieldFitness.net

Author of:

Flexible Dieting Handbook: How To Lose Weight by Eating What You Want - an Amazon Bestseller

"The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn. "

― Alvin Toffler

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Are you being paid by bb.com? Nothing wrong with it just curious.

Surzilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) Surzilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) Surzilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) Surzilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) Surzilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) Surzilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) Surzilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) Surzilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) Surzilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) Surzilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) Surzilla is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    their shipping rates are unbeatable.
    Hehe I'd have to pay about 30$ for transportation only of 5lbs of whey and then it'd arrive in 8-20 days, wouldn't call that cheap

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Your best answer was roughly the worst possible answer in this situation. Congratulations on a new low.
    Psych & handcuffs
    Current reading: Vonnegut, Theodor Adorno
    House, Techno, and 4Runners

Originally Posted by ArchangelEST View Post
    From the posts you make it looks like you have some interest in promoting the bb.com store. It's fine if you like it, but it is hardly the cheapest store out there and 99.9% of all supplements are nonsense crap anyway. Telling anyone to "check out the selection of muscle builder products and supplements in the bodybuilding.com store" is basically telling them to read the BS advertising and get ripped off by purchasing worthless products.
    Originally Posted by Mrpb View Post
    Are you being paid by bb.com? Nothing wrong with it just curious.
    This forum is part of Bodybuilding.com which is a business that provides a service. That service is supplement sales. I am not paid by BB.com. I am a member of it's forum. As such, I think it is a bit disrespectful to refer to their products as "worthless ripoffs". This site doesn't owe you anything, and yet it provides to you (and millions of other users) a free forum in which ideas are exchanged. The least you can do is have a bit more respect for that.

Originally Posted by rhadam View Post
    Your best answer was roughly the worst possible answer in this situation. Congratulations on a new low.
    How so? I posted an opinion of protein supplements in a thread asking for opinions of a protein supplement. I did not tell him to eat other food, learn more about nutrition, etc because that was not a condition expressed in the original post.

And just as an aside, I was recently banned for a week for "e-fighting" based on a comment that was much more tame in its nature than the obvious attack you have displayed here.

This forum is part of Bodybuilding.com which is a business that provides a service. That service is supplement sales. I am not paid by BB.com. I am a member of it's forum. As such, I think it is a bit disrespectful to refer to their products as "worthless ripoffs". This site doesn't owe you anything, and yet it provides to you (and millions of other users) a free forum in which ideas are exchanged. The least you can do is have a bit more respect for that.
    I've seen you recommend the bb.com store in 3 or 4 thread now in the last hours. I'm a little bit sceptical that you're not affiliated with them.

This thread is by a Belgian 15 yr old that doesn't need any post workout shake in the first place and he isn't even lifting weights.

BB.com is well known for having countless horrible advice articles, plenty of horrible supplements and other promotions. Modern Bodybuilding in general is surrounded by a completely absurd business-model that deserves close to zero respect. I see no need to kiss ass. Forums cost close to nothing to make and sustain - bb.com is special only because it was one of the first and thus has a large following.

There is no reason to respect the BB.com's supplement business simply because they run a nice forum on the side. That is absurd.
    Owner of:

www.MayfieldFitness.net

Author of:

― Alvin Toffler

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    How so? I posted an opinion of protein supplements in a thread asking for opinions of a protein supplement. I did not tell him to eat other food, learn more about nutrition, etc because that was not a condition expressed in the original post.

And just as an aside, I was recently banned for a week for "e-fighting" based on a comment that was much more tame in its nature than the obvious attack you have displayed here.
    This is the nutrition forum, not the supplement forum. Not to mention the OP is 15. The aforementioned facts are obviously too much for you to comprehend given your post history.
    Psych & handcuffs

Originally Posted by Mrpb View Post
    I've seen you recommend the bb.com store in 3 or 4 thread now in the last hours. I'm a little bit sceptical that you're not affiliated with them.

This thread is by a Belgian 15 yr old that doesn't need any post workout shake in the first place and he isn't even lifting weights.
    There would be no reason for me to lie if I was being financially compensated by BB.com.

Whether he "needs" them or not is not topic of this conversation. Your opinion is that he does not, and I respect your opinion. However, the topic of the thread was not "Should I take protein supplements?"

Originally Posted by ArchangelEST View Post
    BB.com is well known for having countless horrible advice articles, plenty of horrible supplements and other promotions. Modern Bodybuilding in general is surrounded by a completely absurd business-model that deserves close to zero respect. I see no need to kiss ass. Forums cost close to nothing to make and sustain - bb.com is special only because it was one of the first and thus has a large following.

There is no reason to respect the BB.com's supplement business simply because they run a nice forum on the side. That is absurd.
    What you see as "kissing ass" is your interpretation. I have no qualms with you and I disagreeing on how to show appreciation for this forum.

Originally Posted by rhadam View Post
    This is the nutrition forum, not the supplement forum. Not to mention the OP is 15. The aforementioned facts are obviously too much for you to comprehend given your post history.
    My post history dictates that I would not understand the difference between forum topics, and someone's age? The disjunction in this statement is something I actually do not understand.

There would be no reason for me to lie if I was being financially compensated by BB.com.

Whether he "needs" them or not is not topic of this conversation. Your opinion is that he does not, and I respect your opinion. However, the topic of the thread was not "Should I take protein supplements?"
    Well you got a point it's not what he asked. But then again when a 15 yr old comes to this forum I try to give him advice to the best of my ability. And that's what I did.

In the other thread I saw you're recommending whey and casein to someone who doesn't exercise or lift. I'm still trying to understand but drawing a blank.

TypeNirvash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TypeNirvash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TypeNirvash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TypeNirvash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TypeNirvash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TypeNirvash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TypeNirvash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TypeNirvash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TypeNirvash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TypeNirvash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TypeNirvash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This thread is going way off topic.

Braggable, understand that supplements are merely a band-aid for a deficient diet. As such, they are not necessary for muscle growth. Bad advice only hurts the end user.

OP, I see nothing wrong with the protein supplement that your parents have purchased. While not necessary to build muscle, a supplement can aid you in consuming the daily required amount of protein you should be ingesting. At the same time, you can consume an adequate amount of protein by simply composing a diet of whole food.

Bottom line; if it tastes good, and you enjoy it... Well, there's no problem. But you don't need supplements!

Originally Posted by TypeNirvash View Post
    This thread is going way off topic.

Braggable, understand that supplements are merely a band-aid for a deficient diet. As such, they are not necessary for muscle growth. Bad advice only hurts the end user.

OP, I see nothing wrong with the protein supplement that your parents have purchased. While not necessary to build muscle, a supplement can aid you in consuming the daily required amount of protein you should be ingesting. At the same time, you can consume an adequate amount of protein by simply composing a diet of whole food.

Bottom line; if it tastes good, and you enjoy it... Well, there's no problem. But you don't need supplements!
    I think the discussion that's going on is pretty funny but you gave a solid answer, but I just think it could be very convenient for me since I'll be going to the gym directly after school, and I can't really take a solid meal in my backpack...

Some Assembly Required BalyunPex's Avatar
    BalyunPex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BalyunPex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BalyunPex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BalyunPex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BalyunPex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BalyunPex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BalyunPex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BalyunPex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BalyunPex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BalyunPex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BalyunPex has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    How so? I posted an opinion of protein supplements in a thread asking for opinions of a protein supplement. I did not tell him to eat other food, learn more about nutrition, etc
    It was a non-answer and you're being disingenuous -- or do you really lack the communication skills necessary to distinguish as such?:

I have never used it personally, but you should check out the selection of muscle builder products and supplements in the bodybuilding.com store. They offer a vast selection at low prices and their shipping rates are unbeatable.
    ... I have never tried that brand, and he asked for opinions on it ...

Q: "What are the social ramifications of tribal casino laws governing American Hopi Indians?"
    Originally Posted by braggable;
    I have no idea who are the American Hopi Indians, but you should check out the selection of muscle builder products and supplements in the bodybuilding.com store. They offer a vast selection at low prices and their shipping rates are unbeatable.

Q: "How much wood would a woodchuck chuck...?"
    Originally Posted by braggable;
    I'm unfamiliar with the territorial habits of species, "Marmota monax", but you should check out the selection of muscle builder products and supplements in the bodybuilding.com store. They offer a vast selection at low prices and their shipping rates are unbeatable.
    Cy8 5/3/1 SQ:255 - BP:235 - DL:345 - OHP:150

Action Figure Sold Separately

MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Thanks!
    Hello Surzilla,

The fact that he couldn't buy another brand was a condition expressed in his first post, wasn't it ? Best answer, indeed.
    "It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.”

― Mark Twain

TypeNirvash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TypeNirvash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TypeNirvash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TypeNirvash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TypeNirvash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TypeNirvash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TypeNirvash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TypeNirvash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TypeNirvash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TypeNirvash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TypeNirvash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I think the discussion that's going on is pretty funny but you gave a solid answer, but I just think it could be very convenient for me since I'll be going to the gym directly after school, and I can't really take a solid meal in my backpack...
    I'd say that if it helps, then use it. Should be no trouble at all

Tupperware and pack food. Simple.
    Psych & handcuffs

No Longer Look Like This InItForFitness's Avatar
    InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Why would you need to take a meal with you?

Go to school.
    Go to the gym.
    Go home and eat.

You don't need to slam down a protein shake PWO.
    �USMC (2009-2013) �

â–¬ *Former* Wanna-Be Powerlifter : Best Total : 1300 (440/320/540) @ 168lbs BW (W/ Wraps) â–¬

♦Currently full on dad-bod status (minus the dad part)

*NEW TRAINING LOG* ; https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178104781