Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Am I to old

Jackwill1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jackwill1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jackwill1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jackwill1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jackwill1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jackwill1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jackwill1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jackwill1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jackwill1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jackwill1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jackwill1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Am I to old

Hi Guy's. I am47 yrs old 6' 2 " tall. And a bit skinny , Iam wondering if it's to late for me to start ?? If not then great ,, but I would need some advice on nutritution and supplements .. Would really appreciate some help Guys

Cheers Richie

pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    No, you are not TOO old.
    I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it. ~ Thomas Jefferson

JoeBlowUK will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeBlowUK will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeBlowUK will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeBlowUK will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeBlowUK will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeBlowUK will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeBlowUK will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeBlowUK will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeBlowUK will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeBlowUK will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeBlowUK will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You'll only be too old when you're dead

Just check out Ernestine Shepherd for inspiration.

*****://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRhIJlVcf2Q
    Last edited by JoeBlowUK; 08-10-2014 at 03:34 AM.

RobRocks is just really nice. (+1000) RobRocks is just really nice. (+1000) RobRocks is just really nice. (+1000) RobRocks is just really nice. (+1000) RobRocks is just really nice. (+1000) RobRocks is just really nice. (+1000) RobRocks is just really nice. (+1000) RobRocks is just really nice. (+1000) RobRocks is just really nice. (+1000) RobRocks is just really nice. (+1000) RobRocks is just really nice. (+1000)
    You are not too old, I am as old as you If I can do it so can you
    You cant always get what you want,but if you try sometimes you just might find you get what you need.
    Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Yes
    If you poke a bear in the eye, expect a bear like response.

CropDusterMan is just really nice. (+1000) CropDusterMan is just really nice. (+1000) CropDusterMan is just really nice. (+1000) CropDusterMan is just really nice. (+1000) CropDusterMan is just really nice. (+1000) CropDusterMan is just really nice. (+1000) CropDusterMan is just really nice. (+1000) CropDusterMan is just really nice. (+1000) CropDusterMan is just really nice. (+1000) CropDusterMan is just really nice. (+1000) CropDusterMan is just really nice. (+1000)
    No, you are not too old. Dumb question...
    Get busy Mate.
    "Common sense is not so common".

Jackwill1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jackwill1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jackwill1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jackwill1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jackwill1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jackwill1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jackwill1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jackwill1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jackwill1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jackwill1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jackwill1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by CropDusterMan View Post
    Get busy Mate.
    . Ok fair enough not to old , I only have a Multi gym at home as I intend to train at home , but have seen some good home made power racks ! Wwould I benefit ?????

leonmac73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leonmac73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leonmac73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leonmac73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leonmac73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leonmac73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leonmac73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leonmac73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leonmac73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leonmac73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leonmac73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I find working out at home the best for me. I started when I was 36, and as I am about to turn 41 I am still seeing gains. Please check with your doctor before starting a lifting routine. Everyday workouts will not be recommended since as we age more recovery time will be recommended. My advice, start with two days a week of lifting with a smart diet. Eventually you'll want a three day workout plan. Give yourself time to recover in between workout days. A little lighter on the weights, (don't try and max out) but with higher reps (higher risk for joint damage at 40+). I like Monday, Wednesday and Fridays. Research Supplements and nutritional requirements for your goals.

I've only been working out 4 years now, other guys on this forum have been at it a bit longer, and are in far better shape than me and may be able to handle a lot more for their age. My advice comes from a noop perspective.

You are not too old and you'll find it very rewarding! Good luck!

Originally Posted by Jackwill1 View Post
    . Ok fair enough not to old , I only have a Multi gym at home as I intend to train at home , but have seen some good home made power racks ! Wwould I benefit ?????

All about some GAINZ! IIISpartacusIII's Avatar
    IIISpartacusIII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IIISpartacusIII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IIISpartacusIII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IIISpartacusIII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IIISpartacusIII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IIISpartacusIII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IIISpartacusIII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IIISpartacusIII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IIISpartacusIII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IIISpartacusIII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IIISpartacusIII is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    When I look in the mirror I often wonder "am I too sexy"? The too old stuff will not help you. Not to mention that you're in fact not even old in real world terms; people are living longer and you've got a long way to go.

I'd advise you to get some specific goals; i.e. to weigh 200 lbs or bench 300 lbs or become the greatest Mambo Dancer in the country. Whatever it is, make sure it's empirically measurable so maybe the dancing stuff may be considered a bit subjective. Next, find out what it takes to get you there in terms of nutrition, workouts, rest, balancing things out with work, personal life etc. and then DO IT! Do it! It gets DONE! That's all, no excuses just GO!
    "I was laying in bed one night and I thought ‘I’ll just quit — to hell with it.’ And another little voice inside me said ‘Don’t quit — save that tiny little ember of spark.’ And never give them that spark because as long as you have that spark, you can start the greatest fire again.”

- Charles Bukowski (1920-1994)

bucsdodgers is a name known to all. (+5000) bucsdodgers is a name known to all. (+5000) bucsdodgers is a name known to all. (+5000) bucsdodgers is a name known to all. (+5000) bucsdodgers is a name known to all. (+5000) bucsdodgers is a name known to all. (+5000) bucsdodgers is a name known to all. (+5000) bucsdodgers is a name known to all. (+5000) bucsdodgers is a name known to all. (+5000) bucsdodgers is a name known to all. (+5000) bucsdodgers is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Too old is just a mental block. Its never to late to start.

djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You are fuked, time to bag it and just get fat as you can

jba1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jba1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jba1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jba1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jba1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jba1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jba1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jba1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jba1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jba1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jba1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Hi Guy's. I am47 yrs old 6' 2 " tall. And a bit skinny , Iam wondering if it's to late for me to start ?? If not then great ,,

Cheers Richie
    Get that out of your mind....it is just an excuse to not to do anything. Your age is just a life cycle....you can be fit and at the top of your game in each life cycle. I am in my 70th life cycle and doing just fine...
    Set some goals, work on nutrition and workouts.....supps, if any, will be considered later..
    Good luck

LMS62 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LMS62 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LMS62 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LMS62 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LMS62 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LMS62 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LMS62 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LMS62 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LMS62 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LMS62 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LMS62 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by CropDusterMan View Post
    Get busy Mate.
    I don't think it is a dumb question at all. For someone, anyone, who is new to weightlifting and not familiar with all the personal success stories of those his age and older just starting out, I think the question is fair. What I don't understand is why someone who is experienced at bodybuilding/lifting weights such as yourself would respond to someone that way who is looking for inspiration, motivation, and guidance in such a healthy lifestyle change.

Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by LMS62 View Post
    I don't think it is a dumb question at all. For someone, anyone, who is new to weightlifting and not familiar with all the personal success stories of those his age and older just starting out, I think the question is fair. What I don't understand is why someone who is experienced at bodybuilding/lifting weights such as yourself would respond to someone that way who is looking for inspiration, motivation, and guidance in such a healthy lifestyle change.

I respectfully disagree. I think it is a lame question.
    If you poke a bear in the eye, expect a bear like response.

69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I started at 48... so ya, you are to old.
    The best part of this is, my kids are learning to live healthier because of me.

CropDusterMan is just really nice. (+1000) CropDusterMan is just really nice. (+1000) CropDusterMan is just really nice. (+1000) CropDusterMan is just really nice. (+1000) CropDusterMan is just really nice. (+1000) CropDusterMan is just really nice. (+1000) CropDusterMan is just really nice. (+1000) CropDusterMan is just really nice. (+1000) CropDusterMan is just really nice. (+1000) CropDusterMan is just really nice. (+1000) CropDusterMan is just really nice. (+1000)
    You know, I think my original reply to Richie was a little harsh, so here goes again...

Richie,
    You are not to old Mate...there are a lot of us on the +35 forum who are transforming ourselves
    and revisiting the halcyon days...it can seem like a daunting task navigating your way through the
    myriad of info avail these days, some of it good, other really bad. The stickies on the forum are
    a great place to start...you said you were skinny...not a bad thing! It's an advantage IMO, to begin
    from a point where weight loss is not a factor...you can simply focus on learning training methods and
    learning to eat a diet that'll better match your goals...

begin with the nutrition forum, read lots of threads and educate yourself on proteins, carbs and such,
    and then it's a case of tracking what you eat a bit, programs such as myfitnesspal are good, and start a
    simple program. Joining a gym is a good bet, and perhaps a few sessions with a trainer to teach you the basics...
    that'll get you a far way.

You have, in effect already begun by reaching out on a forum to get advice...there are a lot of people on here
    to answer questions and listen to advice from....you'll learn who to listen to, many members are highly qualified
    and many compete at your age in fitness competitions even.

Good luck, and sorry if I sounded harsh in my first reply, your question was not deserving of that.
    "Common sense is not so common".

Georgeoz is just really nice. (+1000) Georgeoz is just really nice. (+1000) Georgeoz is just really nice. (+1000) Georgeoz is just really nice. (+1000) Georgeoz is just really nice. (+1000) Georgeoz is just really nice. (+1000) Georgeoz is just really nice. (+1000) Georgeoz is just really nice. (+1000) Georgeoz is just really nice. (+1000) Georgeoz is just really nice. (+1000) Georgeoz is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by IIISpartacusIII View Post
    When I look in the mirror I often wonder "am I too sexy"? The too old stuff will not help you. Not to mention that you're in fact not even old in real world terms; people are living longer and you've got a long way to go.

I'd advise you to get some specific goals; i.e. to weigh 200 lbs or bench 300 lbs or become the greatest Mambo Dancer in the country. Whatever it is, make sure it's empirically measurable so maybe the dancing stuff may be considered a bit subjective. Next, find out what it takes to get you there in terms of nutrition, workouts, rest, balancing things out with work, personal life etc. and then DO IT! Do it! It gets DONE! That's all, no excuses just GO!

What empirical measure have you set yourself to determine whether you are too sexy?

Mojoke is not very helpful. (-500) Mojoke is not very helpful. (-500) Mojoke is not very helpful. (-500) Mojoke is not very helpful. (-500) Mojoke is not very helpful. (-500) Mojoke is not very helpful. (-500) Mojoke is not very helpful. (-500) Mojoke is not very helpful. (-500) Mojoke is not very helpful. (-500) Mojoke is not very helpful. (-500) Mojoke is not very helpful. (-500)
    still inb4 bodyhard ranting about age is not important

Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I like to think age is just a number to be ignored. I'm banged up from years of being active but I don't feel my age. So you're never too old or too hurt or too lazy. Just get up and move. I have 2 herniated discs in my back and 1 in my neck and still workout so where there's a will, there's a way to be cliche...

Good luck.
    "Franco is pretty smart, but Franco's a child, and when it comes to the day of the contest, I am his father. He comes to me for advices. So it's not that hard for me to give him the wrong advices." - Arnold Schwarzenegger - Pumping Iron

All about some GAINZ! IIISpartacusIII's Avatar
    IIISpartacusIII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IIISpartacusIII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IIISpartacusIII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IIISpartacusIII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IIISpartacusIII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IIISpartacusIII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IIISpartacusIII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IIISpartacusIII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IIISpartacusIII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IIISpartacusIII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IIISpartacusIII is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Georgeoz View Post
    What empirical measure have you set yourself to determine whether you are too sexy?
    New advances in "sexiness detection" devices have allowed me to periodically gauge a cumulative high rating status thereby confirming my current and to some degree even predicting future sexiness. It's all mathematical buddy, don't feel bad if you haven't come across the correct logarithms yet; it took me a while too.
    "I was laying in bed one night and I thought ‘I’ll just quit — to hell with it.’ And another little voice inside me said ‘Don’t quit — save that tiny little ember of spark.’ And never give them that spark because as long as you have that spark, you can start the greatest fire again.”

- Charles Bukowski (1920-1994)

SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Hi Guy's. I am47 yrs old 6' 2 " tall. And a bit skinny , Iam wondering if it's to late for me to start ?? If not then great ,, but I would need some advice on nutritution and supplements .. Would really appreciate some help Guys

Cheers Richie
    I was 48 before I started Jackwill1
    Never lifted any weights for previous 47 years, in fact do not recal many , if any , visits to a gym
    I am now almost a full 12 months into this lifestyle and enjoying it very much and realised and still realising the benefits from it

go for it Richie
    and hopefully like me, you will soon appreciate it as the best decision you ever took
    ☻/
    /▌ Sm2sm crew (---Squat Moar to Squat Moar---)
    / \

GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yes, you are too old. You should just forget about it...or you cold do it anyway, get stronger, improve your health, feel more self esteem and have a crap load of fun...it's up to you.
    Gnomefit...ain't for everybody, only the sexy people.

JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by LMS62 View Post
    you are wrong, because it is an open ended, totally general question which shows the LAZINESS of the OP who is all talk so far and has done nothing on his own.....

On my fishing forum which I moderate, someone recently put up this post: " I want to start using lures, can you help me?"....

I deleted it promptly, but wrote a good PM to the poster explaining why......

You don't come on a forum , any forum, when you are new and green and ask a totally general question about a topic that has TONS of books, videos, etc, on it, showing that you have done nothing on your own FIRST.....

a MUCH better first post would be something like this:

"I have read So and so Starting program by so and so, and I have read Nutrition for Bodybuilders by So and so, and I HAVE STARTED WORKING OUT ON MY so and so, and have noticed THIS problem: can you offer some advice with this problem"........

shows us you are TRYING and DOING....then, a "beginner's" question would have much more merit and get much better responses...as it would also be more SPECIFIC and narrowed down
    Lift as MUCH as you can, for as MANY reps as you can,
    while in complete control of the exercise.

JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    to further clarify: instead of saying:

"Should I use a power rack?"

how much better this:

" I bought a power rack and read so and so squatting program, and have done it for a couple of weeks, but I seem to be having a problem with this aspect, here is a video, can you help steer me in the right direction?"
    Lift as MUCH as you can, for as MANY reps as you can,
    while in complete control of the exercise.

Georgeoz is just really nice. (+1000) Georgeoz is just really nice. (+1000) Georgeoz is just really nice. (+1000) Georgeoz is just really nice. (+1000) Georgeoz is just really nice. (+1000) Georgeoz is just really nice. (+1000) Georgeoz is just really nice. (+1000) Georgeoz is just really nice. (+1000) Georgeoz is just really nice. (+1000) Georgeoz is just really nice. (+1000) Georgeoz is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by IIISpartacusIII View Post
    New advances in "sexiness detection" devices have allowed me to periodically gauge a cumulative high rating status thereby confirming my current and to some degree even predicting future sexiness. It's all mathematical buddy, don't feel bad if you haven't come across the correct logarithms yet; it took me a while too.

Alas, my education is all in the liberal arts so all I have ever had to go on is what the lady tells me. Not scientific but a warm feeling all the same.

Would you like to sell the algorithm for a small fee? But with a how=to manual.

Has new batteries! DuracellBunny's Avatar
    DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If you think you're too old or not too old, you are right.
    Screw nature; my body will do what I DAMN WELL tell it to do!

The only dangerous thing about an exercise is the person doing it.

They had the technology to rebuild me. They made me better, stronger, faster......

bob1776 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bob1776 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bob1776 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bob1776 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bob1776 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bob1776 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bob1776 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bob1776 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bob1776 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bob1776 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bob1776 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Brackneyc View Post
    I respectfully disagree. I think it is a lame question.
    I agree with your disagreeing. OP doesn't have to look at many threads in O35 to find plenty of old geezers doing amazing and blazing a path of progress. Makes me look forward to being one.

EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Never too old to exercise, but you may be too old to exercise carelessly. Injuries take longer to recover from as you age, so avoiding them altogether becomes much more important.

67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yeah well I decided that at 50, I was definitely too old. So instead of adding, I started subtracting years. So technically I am 44 years old now and getting younger! Scr3w all you old farts!
    I'm going to take the Sc0liosis curve out of my back and eliminate my nerve pain

Taichichuan is not very helpful. (-500) Taichichuan is not very helpful. (-500) Taichichuan is not very helpful. (-500) Taichichuan is not very helpful. (-500) Taichichuan is not very helpful. (-500) Taichichuan is not very helpful. (-500) Taichichuan is not very helpful. (-500) Taichichuan is not very helpful. (-500) Taichichuan is not very helpful. (-500) Taichichuan is not very helpful. (-500) Taichichuan is not very helpful. (-500)

Cheers Richie
    I'm 59 just getting back into it and I know it's going to kick my ass!