Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by MarkP123 View Post
    Well yeah, as far as I'm aware your body doesn't actually need carbs, only protein and fat. So as of yesterday, I have cut out carbs.

Yesterday (I was sick so couldn't eat too much):
    Breakfast: 2 egg omelette (eat half) with a small amount of butter and 2 pieces of bacon back (grilled, fat trimmed), probably like 300 calories.
    Dinner: Some green beans and a lot of roast beef. (I can't really estimate how many calories on this one)

Today:
    Breakfast: I had 2 large scrambled eggs with a teaspoon of butter and 2 pieces of grilled bacon back with fat trimmed (Maybe 400 calories, probably a little less).
    Lunch: 2 Chicken Breasts fillets with skin and some nandos sauce (180 calories per chicken breast, maybe like 40 calories from the sauces. (About 400 calories again)
    Dinner: A small amount of green beans and some pork loin, quite a lot of it, I probably had about 800-1000 calories on this.

To be honest, I find it better without carbs, I don't even like them in the first place. Meat, eggs etc. are so much more filling.

I weighed myself today and I lost maybe like a pound in about 2 days, so that's always good.
    I wss specifically referring to you "cutting them out completely" while "keeping it at 50 max"
    "It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.

― Mark Twain

MarkP123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MarkP123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MarkP123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MarkP123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by MetilHed View Post
    I wss specifically referring to you "cutting them out completely" while "keeping it at 50 max"
    Ah, well that makes sense. Well I meant to say cutting carbohydrate foods out (potatoes, bread, fruit). I don't know why I said 50g max, because its about 20g max I'll be taking.

Flagaba is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flagaba is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flagaba is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flagaba is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flagaba is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flagaba is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flagaba is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flagaba is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flagaba is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flagaba is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flagaba is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Please, tell me the bro-science used.

I know meal frequency doesn't matter but I just prefer to eat 3 meals a day. As far as I'm aware to start a ketogenic diet you just stop having carbs, that's what I have read online. I know the calories is low, I've increased it to around 1800 but still. I know I don't need protein powder but it's just a convenient way to get in a meal.
    If my comment seemed rude I apologize, I was talking about some other posts in this thread. Here's what I'd like to recommend you.

- Don't worry about whey and casein protein powder, those are supplements and shouldn't replace food. I'm pretty sure your diet alone should give you plenty enough protein to grow or preserve muscle mass whilst cutting.
    - You shouldn't need fish oil or Omega 3 supplements.
    - If you want to cut more on carbs than the rest it is up to you, however, going below a certain amount can be bad if you do not do it properly. If you want to follow a keto diet, I recommend you to read more on it as it does involve much more than simply "stop having carbs".
    - Before choosing how many calories you are going to consume, please calculate your BMR and TDEE. You should cut about 10% to 20% of that number in order to lose weight at a good yet healthy pace. I would bet this will give you a higher number than 1800.
    - 1g of protein and 0.45g to 0.5g of fat per pound of bodyweight are pretty good and popular numbers to look for, you could probably pull those off while cutting and most probably without using shakes (if you do want some shakes, go for it and be happy but don't let them be a big source of protein or calories, don't let them replace food).
    - 3 meals a day is what I personally go for myself, as long as you're satisfied with it you're good to go.
    - If you enjoy what you currently eat then I'm happy for you but don't force yourself to eat things you don't want to eat simply because they are "healthy". Make yourself a good diet and favor whole foods to ensure you get plenty enough of macronutrients and micronutrients and you'll be able to enjoy it much more.

MarkP123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MarkP123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MarkP123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MarkP123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I'm pretty sure I'm getting in the right amount of protein in the moment. The reason I'm getting a protein shake is because of the low carbs I'm finding it hard to get in the calories, so I'm going to have maybe 1-2 protein shakes on top of my meals to get in an extra 400 calories. I've actually ordered hemp protein, the smell of whey really turns my stomach.

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm pretty sure I'm getting in the right amount of protein in the moment. The reason I'm getting a protein shake is because of the low carbs I'm finding it hard to get in the calories, so I'm going to have maybe 1-2 protein shakes on top of my meals to get in an extra 400 calories. I've actually ordered hemp protein, the smell of whey really turns my stomach.
    If you're cutting out carbs for keto you don't want protein extremely high, you want fat high.
    Yes... I've started a log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159357321

Originally Posted by AlwaysTryin View Post
    If you're cutting out carbs for keto you don't want protein extremely high, you want fat high.
    No I know, but I want around 1g of protein per bodyweight as I'm at a calorie deficit and weight training, so I want to maintain as much muscle as I can. I get plenty of fat, bacon, egg, chicken with skin, pork, peanut butter etc.

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    No I know, but I want around 1g of protein per bodyweight as I'm at a calorie deficit and weight training, so I want to maintain as much muscle as I can. I get plenty of fat, bacon, egg, chicken with skin, pork, peanut butter etc.
    So keep calories as high as possible and your training intense.
    Yes... I've started a log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159357321

JJCatano has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You might simply be tracking your calories inacurately, try implementing some cardio and consider getting a scale or a calorie counting app, get both if you wanna get serious hah.

eriquee will become famous soon enough. (+50) eriquee will become famous soon enough. (+50) eriquee will become famous soon enough. (+50) eriquee will become famous soon enough. (+50) eriquee will become famous soon enough. (+50) eriquee will become famous soon enough. (+50) eriquee will become famous soon enough. (+50) eriquee will become famous soon enough. (+50) eriquee will become famous soon enough. (+50) eriquee will become famous soon enough. (+50) eriquee will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    How long have you been running on 1600cals, it could be that your body just got used to low calories and adapted.

Try to reverse diet.

Or you are simply consuming more than you think, somehow.

Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You said your basically counting all your calories, but I keep seeing "about XXX calories" and "I'm not actually sure how many" for various meals.

You have to count man. I mean, you don't HAVE to, but unless you eat the same foods constantly, its going to be a crap shoot.
    Certified Fapologist

My protein shake brings all the girls to the yard
    A protein shake a day keeps the bullies away

~3 years and +40lbs later...

STC1188 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) STC1188 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) STC1188 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) STC1188 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) STC1188 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) STC1188 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) STC1188 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) STC1188 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) STC1188 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) STC1188 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) STC1188 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Well yeah, as far as I'm aware your body doesn't actually need carbs, only protein and fat. So as of yesterday, I have cut out carbs.

Yesterday (I was sick so couldn't eat too much):
    Breakfast: 2 egg omelette (eat half) with a small amount of butter and 2 pieces of bacon back (grilled, fat trimmed), probably like 300 calories.

Dinner: Some green beans and a lot of roast beef. (I can't really estimate how many calories on this one)

Today:
    Breakfast: I had 2 large scrambled eggs with a teaspoon of butter and 2 pieces of grilled bacon back with fat trimmed (Maybe 400 calories, probably a little less).
    Lunch: 2 Chicken Breasts fillets with skin and some nandos sauce (180 calories per chicken breast, maybe like 40 calories from the sauces. (About 400 calories again)
    Dinner: A small amount of green beans and some pork loin, quite a lot of it, I probably had about 800-1000 calories on this.
    I bolded the problems OP. As others have said, you don't know how much you are eating. You claim too, but you don't. And it is hampering your progress. It is very easy to mis-estimate fats due to their dense caloric properties. It is too easy to use too much and claim to use little. If you want to make progress toward your goal of losing fat, you need to determine exactly what you are eating.

Britanica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Britanica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Britanica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Britanica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Britanica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Britanica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Britanica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Britanica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Britanica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Britanica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Britanica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sounds like what was said above, you aren't eating enough to lost weight. Your body is holding onto what you give it. Most women eat around 1600 to 2000 calories a day. You should be around 2200 at the lowest in my opinion.

Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Britanica View Post
    Sounds like what was said above, you aren't eating enough to lost weight. Your body is holding onto what you give it. Most women eat around 1600 to 2000 calories a day. You should be around 2200 at the lowest in my opinion.
    This doesn't happen in a week and a half. That's essentially saying VLCD do not work. They do, and this wouldn't even be that extreme.

I hope you had more basis for your caloric intake suggestion than simply eating more than what you think a female eats...

Cutting on 1800cals crew checking in.
    Certified Fapologist

My protein shake brings all the girls to the yard
    A protein shake a day keeps the bullies away

~3 years and +40lbs later...

Noobontheblock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noobontheblock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noobontheblock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noobontheblock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noobontheblock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noobontheblock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noobontheblock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noobontheblock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noobontheblock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noobontheblock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noobontheblock will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    im 5'2 and i eat 1900.. with 237g of carbs..

why are u eating 1800.. isnt that too low?

I got rid of the no carbs thing, got real boring. But the good thing is, I weighed myself and I was 85.5KG (I was 87KG a couple of days ago). I think I may of been retaining water.

Flagaba is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flagaba is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flagaba is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flagaba is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flagaba is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flagaba is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flagaba is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flagaba is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flagaba is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flagaba is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flagaba is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I got rid of the no carbs thing, got real boring. But the good thing is, I weighed myself and I was 85.5KG (I was 87KG a couple of days ago). I think I may of been retaining water.
    That's a good mindset! An enjoyable diet will give much better results than a boring one.

Water weight is quite nasty when it comes to weight gain and loss, unfortunately we all have to deal with it but I'm glad to read you are now a bit lighter. Keep going and make sure you do it the healthy way!

u wot m1.68179283050743⁴ Manc33's Avatar
    Location: Manchester, England, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Manc33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Manc33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Manc33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Manc33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Manc33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Manc33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Manc33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Manc33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Manc33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Manc33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Manc33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I don't plan out meals or count calories, I just have a lot of pea soups and other green veg.

Been lasting out on those pea drinks, broccoli, green beans, lean meats... losing about 3lbs or 4lbs a week here (dead srs).

Also this is the first time I have ever been able to lose weight. I was stuck at about 175lbs for a few years, dieting, starving etc, like everyone does.

If you're hungry all the time cutting you're not eating green veg. Eat loads of that and make sure some is blended. Those peas drinks do have a lot of calories but keep me going for hours, like 6 hours. Even if I was "starving" before I had it. Believe me when you're that hungry a pea drink is one of the few things that is satisfying.

Had a curry the other night and felt drained, go figure. I think I have ended up in a semi-ketotic state where I have to "wean" back onto "junk" food. Eating junk food (a greasy curry) in the middle of eating almost exclusively green veg, just takes the wind out of your sails. Thats because the green veg is giving you far more bang for your buck than rice, chicken or probably anything. Eggs are about the only thing I would say won't do that, livestock-wise. Its all about the vitamins and minerals I guess.

IIFYM is bullchit.
    u wot m1.68179283050742908606225095246644152⁴

Talking

Sorry about old bump, but just found this thread by me, currently at 71.7kg, kept the no carb thing up, I'm gonna get to 68-69kg then bulk for like 7 months straight, feeling good.