ILoveTrance is a name known to all. (+5000) ILoveTrance is a name known to all. (+5000) ILoveTrance is a name known to all. (+5000) ILoveTrance is a name known to all. (+5000) ILoveTrance is a name known to all. (+5000) ILoveTrance is a name known to all. (+5000) ILoveTrance is a name known to all. (+5000) ILoveTrance is a name known to all. (+5000) ILoveTrance is a name known to all. (+5000) ILoveTrance is a name known to all. (+5000) ILoveTrance is a name known to all. (+5000)

Have a Personal Trainer interview for a company, what to wear?! HELP PLEASE

So Monday I have a interview for a company that hire Personal trainers for many gyms. My question is what should I wear? Normaly i´d go with a suit but in this case and since its realy hot outside what would you wear? Thanks for any answer.

doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ILoveTrance View Post
    So Monday I have a interview for a company that hire Personal trainers for many gyms. My question is what should I wear? Normaly i´d go with a suit but in this case and since its realy hot outside what would you wear? Thanks for any answer.
    You still wear a suit.

ILoveTrance is a name known to all. (+5000) ILoveTrance is a name known to all. (+5000) ILoveTrance is a name known to all. (+5000) ILoveTrance is a name known to all. (+5000) ILoveTrance is a name known to all. (+5000) ILoveTrance is a name known to all. (+5000) ILoveTrance is a name known to all. (+5000) ILoveTrance is a name known to all. (+5000) ILoveTrance is a name known to all. (+5000) ILoveTrance is a name known to all. (+5000) ILoveTrance is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by doughnut91 View Post
    You still wear a suit.
    Is this advice based on personal experience? I just don´t want them to look at me and LOL about wearing a suit for a PT interview.
    Last edited by ILoveTrance; 08-08-2014 at 05:33 AM.

MkADcision will become famous soon enough. (+50) MkADcision will become famous soon enough. (+50) MkADcision will become famous soon enough. (+50) MkADcision will become famous soon enough. (+50) MkADcision will become famous soon enough. (+50) MkADcision will become famous soon enough. (+50) MkADcision will become famous soon enough. (+50) MkADcision will become famous soon enough. (+50) MkADcision will become famous soon enough. (+50) MkADcision will become famous soon enough. (+50) MkADcision will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It sounds like there won't be a practical component to your interview, so dress pants/shirt should suffice- wearing a suit is a bit much.
    If it was me, I'd be more concerned on preparing for what they will ask me and what I need to ask them.

-good luck!
    In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. -- Camus

adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You still wear a suit.
    Lmao not sure if srs

Stepbrotherstuxedosatjobinyerview.mp4
    Awesome pics. Great size. Look thick. Solid. Tight. Keep us all posted on your continued progress with any new progress pics or vid clips. Show us what you got man. Wanna see how freakin' huge, solid, thick and tight you can get. Thanks for the motivation.

Come at me, bro! foodandfitness's Avatar
    foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Wear a suit unless otherwise specified by the company.

Bring a copy of your resume.

Read this list and have a response ready to go for each question http://jobsearch.about.com/od/interv...-questions.htm

Bring a copy of your schedule and availability

Write a "thank you note" to the person that interviewed you and mail it the same day you finish your interview

soren_xavier will become famous soon enough. (+50) soren_xavier will become famous soon enough. (+50) soren_xavier will become famous soon enough. (+50) soren_xavier will become famous soon enough. (+50) soren_xavier will become famous soon enough. (+50) soren_xavier will become famous soon enough. (+50) soren_xavier will become famous soon enough. (+50) soren_xavier will become famous soon enough. (+50) soren_xavier will become famous soon enough. (+50) soren_xavier will become famous soon enough. (+50) soren_xavier will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by MkADcision View Post
    It sounds like there won't be a practical component to your interview, so dress pants/shirt should suffice- wearing a suit is a bit much.
    If it was me, I'd be more concerned on preparing for what they will ask me and what I need to ask them.

-good luck!
    Seconded. A suit is overkill. Where dress pants, dress shoes and a nice shirt. That's what I wore to my PT interview and I got the job.
    "I must find the truth which is true for me; the truth for which I can live and die." -- Soren Kierkegaard

mkz93 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mkz93 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mkz93 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mkz93 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mkz93 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mkz93 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mkz93 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mkz93 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mkz93 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mkz93 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mkz93 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by foodandfitness View Post

Write a "thank you note" to the person that interviewed you and mail it the same day you finish your interview
    wot?
    *Georgia Crew*
    *Negged by Quest Bar Manlet crew*
    **FAITH in Humanity Restored Crew**
    ►►►http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150516403◄◄◄

soren_xavier will become famous soon enough. (+50) soren_xavier will become famous soon enough. (+50) soren_xavier will become famous soon enough. (+50) soren_xavier will become famous soon enough. (+50) soren_xavier will become famous soon enough. (+50) soren_xavier will become famous soon enough. (+50) soren_xavier will become famous soon enough. (+50) soren_xavier will become famous soon enough. (+50) soren_xavier will become famous soon enough. (+50) soren_xavier will become famous soon enough. (+50) soren_xavier will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by mkz93 View Post
    wot?
    Kids these days.

I've never done it personally, but yes, that is considered part of the etiquette of the interview process and it has been for a long time.
    "I must find the truth which is true for me; the truth for which I can live and die." -- Soren Kierkegaard

jordoncole is on a distinguished road. (+10) jordoncole is on a distinguished road. (+10) jordoncole is on a distinguished road. (+10) jordoncole is on a distinguished road. (+10) jordoncole is on a distinguished road. (+10) jordoncole is on a distinguished road. (+10) jordoncole is on a distinguished road. (+10) jordoncole is on a distinguished road. (+10) jordoncole is on a distinguished road. (+10) jordoncole is on a distinguished road. (+10) jordoncole is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Suit, top-hat, cane.

But really, a suit is a bit much for a Personal Trainer position. I would go with black pants, button up, tie.

MkADcision will become famous soon enough. (+50) MkADcision will become famous soon enough. (+50) MkADcision will become famous soon enough. (+50) MkADcision will become famous soon enough. (+50) MkADcision will become famous soon enough. (+50) MkADcision will become famous soon enough. (+50) MkADcision will become famous soon enough. (+50) MkADcision will become famous soon enough. (+50) MkADcision will become famous soon enough. (+50) MkADcision will become famous soon enough. (+50) MkADcision will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by jordoncole View Post
    Suit, top-hat, cane.
    lol..monopoly man ftw
    In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. -- Camus

Originally Posted by jordoncole View Post
    Suit, top-hat, cane.

But really, a suit is a bit much for a Personal Trainer position. I would go with black pants, button up, tie.
    Thats what I tought, suit seems a bit to much but erm, IDK...

yochilllllllll will become famous soon enough. (+50) yochilllllllll will become famous soon enough. (+50) yochilllllllll will become famous soon enough. (+50) yochilllllllll will become famous soon enough. (+50) yochilllllllll will become famous soon enough. (+50) yochilllllllll will become famous soon enough. (+50) yochilllllllll will become famous soon enough. (+50) yochilllllllll will become famous soon enough. (+50) yochilllllllll will become famous soon enough. (+50) yochilllllllll will become famous soon enough. (+50) yochilllllllll will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Is this advice based on personal experience? I just don´t want them to look at me and LOL about wearing a suit for a PT interview.
    I literally got hired on the spot out of 11 other candidates because every single one of them came in wearing adidas track pants and a compression T while I wore business casual dark blue jeans with a button down and a jacket.

Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    When I interviewed for a chain gym, I wore a suit to my interview. I was hired. I second wearing a suit.
    NASM (CPT)
    ISSA (CFT)

Bump

Why did you bump a thread that was still on the first page?

Fitness Anarchist SerpentHearted's Avatar
    SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    depends on the gym / the company hiring.

couldn't see business suit being appropriate for many, but definitely "smart casual" over "i'm here to work out" IMO.

Bunker77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bunker77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bunker77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bunker77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Zubaz and a tank top FTW
    NSCA C.S.C.S.
    Training for Steve Garvey forearms

silvrmoos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) silvrmoos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) silvrmoos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You still wear a suit.
    This. A well tailored suit.

You're a professional, right? Dress the part
    USMC

University of Michigan Alum

www.2fitfoodies.net - recipes and meal prep solutions

http://2fitfoodies.net/online-training-services/

RECENT LOGS/REVIEWS:
    Fast Fuel and ReGen:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157621793
    Hypertest & Myodex: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158300113
    CRASH: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157993683
    HYDE: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157993173

doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Yes. Or at least shirt and tie. It's called making a good impression. One should only ever be guilty of over-dressing to a job interview, never under-dressing, regardless of what job you're applying for. Taking pride in your appearance should go without saying, if you can't do that then you really don't deserve the opportunity, despite what some of the monkeys in this thread seem to think.

Good luck with the job application btw.

mkz93 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mkz93 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mkz93 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mkz93 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mkz93 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mkz93 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mkz93 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mkz93 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mkz93 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mkz93 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mkz93 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by soren_xavier View Post
    Kids these days.

I've never done it personally, but yes, that is considered part of the etiquette of the interview process and it has been for a long time.
    5'6 147 lbs

nikka you in 8th grade
    *Georgia Crew*
    *Negged by Quest Bar Manlet crew*
    **FAITH in Humanity Restored Crew**
    ►►►http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150516403◄◄◄

Originally Posted by mkz93 View Post
    5'6 147 lbs

nikka you in 8th grade

LOL. In 8th grade I was more like 115.

Also, I'm 161 now. Although once I get done with my cut I'll really probably be more like 135.