Page 69 of 172 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69 70 71 79 119 169 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,070 of 5149
    cashinout has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cashinout has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cashinout has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cashinout has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cashinout has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cashinout has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cashinout has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cashinout has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cashinout has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cashinout has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cashinout has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by wildchild11 View Post

focus on building an email list not embedding links in blog posts

Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by cashinout View Post
    This. The email list is just to retarget. Not everyone is going to opt in or even open the email or convert. The email list is just one cog in the machine, an important one though.
    No signature

krazy33 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krazy33 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krazy33 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krazy33 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krazy33 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krazy33 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krazy33 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krazy33 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krazy33 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krazy33 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krazy33 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    What would you guys recommend for your first site? I've been doing research and was thinking of doing a review site but dunno if that's a good idea. Honestly just looking to start out small, don't care if I'm making huge amounts

I have friends/ family who have legitimate azz products that could use a website. Possibly looking to gain this experience and create a nice website for that

Good writer, good designer with a lil programming knowledge

Edit: I bought a domain a lil while back with the sole intention of doing a review site, but the sites name opens it up for more possibilities, so I was thinking of getting good at something else and perhaps broadening the focus for that domain.

Zere0wn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zere0wn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zere0wn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zere0wn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zere0wn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zere0wn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zere0wn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zere0wn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zere0wn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zere0wn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zere0wn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    5 figures a month

its definitely tough at first, its a combination of A LOT of hard work, perseverance and a bit of luck

don't get it twisted, unless you're ready to work 12-14hr days at the beginning of your journey, you probably won't make much money

(you can make this easier if you have start up capital to buy content, but you already said you don't)

you have to force yourself to research something so hard that you can write 1500 words on it, then move on to the next one and do the same thing AND THEN once you're done writing, you have to force yourself to build links to your content and get it out into the internet

its best to start off with something you have SOME extended knowledge on, and the internet is great because there is basically a market for anything you can think of

its not easy at all, if it was, everyone would be doing it

but if i had to describe IM success with just one word, it's: perseverance
    sorry if it's already been asked - could you tell us one of your sites?

wildchild11 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wildchild11 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wildchild11 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wildchild11 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wildchild11 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wildchild11 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wildchild11 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wildchild11 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wildchild11 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wildchild11 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wildchild11 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    5 figures a month

its definitely tough at first, its a combination of A LOT of hard work, perseverance and a bit of luck

don't get it twisted, unless you're ready to work 12-14hr days at the beginning of your journey, you probably won't make much money

(you can make this easier if you have start up capital to buy content, but you already said you don't)

you have to force yourself to research something so hard that you can write 1500 words on it, then move on to the next one and do the same thing AND THEN once you're done writing, you have to force yourself to build links to your content and get it out into the internet

its best to start off with something you have SOME extended knowledge on, and the internet is great because there is basically a market for anything you can think of

its not easy at all, if it was, everyone would be doing it

but if i had to describe IM success with just one word, it's: perseverance

nice
    what kind of link building do you do to your blog?
    pls do not associate my personalities in misc and sports misc

cashinout has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cashinout has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cashinout has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cashinout has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cashinout has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cashinout has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cashinout has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cashinout has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cashinout has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cashinout has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cashinout has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Zere0wn View Post
    sorry if it's already been asked - could you tell us one of your sites?
    nah sorry, half the fun is finding a niche :P (and by fun i mean absolute torture)

Originally Posted by wildchild11 View Post
    nice
    what kind of link building do you do to your blog?
    at the beginning, nothing special really, anything you'd find in a backlinking guide/article (comments, answer boards, forums, guest posts, etc)

i always made sure to stay relevant (i.e if i had a site about guitars, i wouldn't try to get links from sites about cars), which may seem like common sense, but you'd be surprised -- and i made sure to make everything look as natural as possible (didn't try to force keywords into anchor text and whatnot)

i stayed away from automation (things like seonukeX) and "services" for two reasons

1.) the legit ones were expensive as fuk and i didn't have money for it
    2.) you learn a lot more doing things manually at first, and i was young and had time to learn

as my sites got better, so did link oppurtunities, other webmasters were more willing to read my emails/propositions etc..

right now its all about scooping up valuable online property

its definitely a pain in the ass at the beginning, but as you grow and learn, things become easier and more opportunities present themselves
    Last edited by cashinout; 02-26-2015 at 05:02 PM.

YoBroseidon is just really nice. (+1000) YoBroseidon is just really nice. (+1000) YoBroseidon is just really nice. (+1000) YoBroseidon is just really nice. (+1000) YoBroseidon is just really nice. (+1000) YoBroseidon is just really nice. (+1000) YoBroseidon is just really nice. (+1000) YoBroseidon is just really nice. (+1000) YoBroseidon is just really nice. (+1000) YoBroseidon is just really nice. (+1000) YoBroseidon is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by pbnugget View Post
    mobile traffic is less valuable than desktop traffic to the vast majority of advertisers. That is a fact, and a reality which I help my clients navigate about when distributing their media spend.

Saying mobile represents the majority of traffic is vague. Majority of what traffic? Search traffic? Social traffic? majority to who? Buzzfeed? Or a retailer? That was a thoughtless comment.

The trend in MY industry (the ones who determine the conditions under which to spend $) is progressing towards an understanding, as an industry, that mobile is not as valuable as some have preached it to be. Advertisers are becoming more tuned into the actual value of mobile, and how cutting mobile spend from their program improves their balance sheet.
    Vague was the goal. Mobile is the majority of ALL traffic now.

And yeah, the value of mobile/desktop traffic is going to be completely dependent on the industry.

mike.hunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mike.hunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mike.hunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mike.hunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mike.hunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mike.hunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mike.hunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mike.hunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mike.hunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mike.hunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mike.hunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have no idea wtf anybody is even doing in this thread anymore. Except peteytran with his fitness line, everybody else just measuring their c0cks and spouting numbers.

0p3rator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 0p3rator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 0p3rator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 0p3rator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 0p3rator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 0p3rator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 0p3rator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 0p3rator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 0p3rator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 0p3rator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 0p3rator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I had an idea for a product that isn't new, there are lots of people who use it, but the packaging would make it unique and hopefully marketable. I know literally nothing about where to start with this. I believe the product could be made relatively easily, but do I just start researching packaging companies or something?

^not exactly AM, i know.
    There is simply no other exercise, and certainly no machine, that produces the level of central nervous system activity, improved balance and coordination, skeletal loading and bone density, muscular stimulation and growth, connective tissue stress and strength, psychological demand and toughness, and overall systemic conditioning as the correctly performed full squat.
    -Mark Rippetoe

YoBroseidon is just really nice. (+1000) YoBroseidon is just really nice. (+1000) YoBroseidon is just really nice. (+1000) YoBroseidon is just really nice. (+1000) YoBroseidon is just really nice. (+1000) YoBroseidon is just really nice. (+1000) YoBroseidon is just really nice. (+1000) YoBroseidon is just really nice. (+1000) YoBroseidon is just really nice. (+1000) YoBroseidon is just really nice. (+1000) YoBroseidon is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by 0p3rator View Post
    I had an idea for a product that isn't new, there are lots of people who use it, but the packaging would make it unique and hopefully marketable. I know literally nothing about where to start with this. I believe the product could be made relatively easily, but do I just start researching packaging companies or something?

^not exactly AM, i know.
    Research your product first. Figure out how much each package will cost. That will give you an idea on your profit margins/how much you can afford to spend on marketing.

yg7s7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yg7s7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yg7s7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yg7s7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yg7s7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yg7s7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yg7s7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yg7s7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yg7s7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yg7s7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yg7s7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by YoBroseidon View Post
    Stop now before you waste more time.
    lmao

let's just hypothetically say I started a website. how many visitors do you need to make $6000 - $7000 per month and how do you increase the traffic to your website?

I'm kinda busy so will I succeed if I do this only on weekends? I live frugally so I'm not trying to make crazy amount of money and it would be nice if I can quit my day office job if this generates enough income

Originally Posted by yg7s7 View Post
    lmao

let's just hypothetically say I started a website. how many visitors do you need to make $6000 - $7000 per month and how do you increase the traffic to your website?

I'm kinda busy so will I succeed if I do this only on weekends? I live frugally so I'm not trying to make crazy amount of money and it would be nice if I can quit my day office job if this generates enough income
    Depends on how you are making your money. Affiliate Marketing? Adsense?

This isn't something you can spend some time setting up and make residual income.

If you want to make real money I would not suggest building a website, at least not the kind you have in mind.

But if you do want to go the blog route (you wouldn't make much money, for a LONG time), you would spend each weekend writing 3-5 articles/posts in your niche, and setting them up to post every other day. Then you have to go through guest posting for other blogs, getting your name out there. Creating your persona as an authoritative figure, etc. THEN think about monetizing it.

Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Research your product first. Figure out how much each package will cost. That will give you an idea on your profit margins/how much you can afford to spend on marketing.
    You just sent him in a 180. Look into licensing.
    No signature

Originally Posted by Parkerscott View Post
    You just sent him in a 180. Look into licensing.
    I'm going to quote his post again so I can figure out which one of us had a misunderstanding.

Originally Posted by 0p3rator View Post

^not exactly AM, i know.
    Parker, you are telling him to look into licensing? I don't understand how you would think that's where he was headed in that post. Nor do I see how my advice conflicts with that.

I understand you think I'm not the best at this, and I know I can't convince you otherwise, despite my 7 years experience, my two business degrees (both of which can be related to Internet Marketing) and my success, however, I think you are just trying to disagree to disagree.

True or False:
    The first thing someone should do when deciding to create a product for themselves is to look at the financial feasibility of it.

I'm going to quote his post again so I can figure out which one of us had a misunderstanding.

Parker, you are telling him to look into licensing? I don't understand how you would think that's where he was headed in that post. Nor do I see how my advice conflicts with that.

I understand you think I'm not the best at this, and I know I can't convince you otherwise, despite my 7 years experience, my two business degrees (both of which can be related to Internet Marketing) and my success, however, I think you are just trying to disagree to disagree.

True or False:
    The first thing someone should do when deciding to create a product for themselves is to look at the financial feasibility of it.
    7 years experience. Two business degrees and a ton of success and you still can't pick apart why I told him to go the licensing route?

The product exists already. Ok do you have that down? The only difference with his product and the product that exists is the packaging. Do you have that down?

Now then let's say I have a revolutionary packaging design for products called an aluminum can with a easy open lid (already exists just an example) am I going to make more money keeping the packaging design to sling cans of ravioli or am I going to make more money licensing the packaging to every single canned goods manufacturer and collecting a royalty on every single can ever sold by millions of companies?

Lel
    No signature

Originally Posted by Parkerscott View Post
    7 years experience. Two business degrees and a ton of success and you still can't pick apart why I told him to go the licensing route?

The product exists already. Ok do you have that down? The only difference with his product and the product that exists is the packaging. Do you have that down?

Now then let's say I have a revolutionary packaging design for products called an aluminum can with a easy open lid (already exists just an example) am I going to make more money keeping the packaging design to sling cans of ravioli or am I going to make more money licensing the packaging to every single canned goods manufacturer and collecting a royalty on every single can ever sold by millions of companies?

Lel
    I don't think you quite understand what licensing is. Go ahead, try again.

Yes, your example is licensing, but in the OPs case, it most likely will not be that cut and dry.

EDIT:
    Let me put it this way. You really think he has such INGENIOUS new packaging that not only will he get meetings with big firms that are in his industry, but they will also ditch what they are currently doing?

Not to mention he still needs to secure a patent, create prototypes, prove a market desire, etc.

tl;dr, licensing should not be his first thought.

Lel, go back to watching Shark Tank.

(Also, you didn't answer my true/false question, implying that you realized I was right about looking into the cost first.)
    Last edited by YoBroseidon; 02-27-2015 at 12:32 AM.

I don't think you quite understand what licensing is. Go ahead, try again.

Yes, your example is licensing, but in the OPs case, it most likely will not be that cut and dry.

EDIT:
    Let me put it this way. You really think he has such INGENIOUS new packaging that not only will he get meetings with big firms that are in his industry, but they will also ditch what they are currently doing?

Not to mention he still needs to secure a patent, create prototypes, prove a market desire, etc.

tl;dr, licensing should not be his first thought.

Lel, go back to watching Shark Tank.

(Also, you didn't answer my true/false question, implying that you realized I was right about looking into the cost first.)
    I didn't answer that question because it's a no brainer, and even then it's not that cut and dried. Snapchat had a valuation at several billion and they were in the red. So don't tell me about "financial feasibility"

Also lol at saying his idea is not ingenious. You don't know that.

Tl;Dr I and others think you are a fuking idiot and each post makes for a stronger case.
    No signature

Now that im on a pc and not driving using a mobile device I can quote this for the lol's

You basically said licensing shouldnt be his first thought, and your advice is to figure out the profit margins so he can figure out how much to spend on marketing....................................... lolololololol

First off a typical marketing budget is around 5% of sales. There we go marketing budget dilemma solved.

If this were me I would first look into the packaging. Is it plastic or corrugated cardboard? If its plastic are the blow molds even feasible, and if they are why would i have expensive molds made for a packaging type im not licensing. Nip the problem in the bud before I start looking into a marketing budget lololololol. So basically is the packaging even possible or is someone else already doing it.

Then from there I would worry about securing the proprietary information so I could actually license it or keep someone else from ripping me off. Then we run into our next problem. Is it a design patent or is it a utility patent. If its a utility patent then we are getting somewhere.

Now after that he can work on sketches and drafts, and prototyping. Lol if you think prototyping is expensive. He could make the prototype out of cardboard or wax or whatever he wants.

Now he has his proprietary packaging design secured, a prototype in hand, and a cell phone to call up anyone who may be interested in it. Maybe everyone will say no, all that means is that his product packaging design doesnt add enough value, and he can chalk up a life lesson at the expense of a few hundred bucks, and he will be all the wiser.

Then there is your method which involves him creating a product and the packaging and fronting all the costs associated with it. Sounds like an expensive lesson on validation to me and it doesnt scale like licensing does.

plz go
    No signature

Nate R. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate R. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate R. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate R. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate R. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate R. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate R. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate R. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate R. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate R. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate R. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Arguments have been entertaining lol figured I would post a little success story for you all...

Started this stuff about 4 years ago I would say, first 2 years was in college and just messing around with different stuff. Lost a pretty decent amount of money testing out random things and them not working. In March 2013 I had zero dollars in my bank account, paid off my school debt (degree I am not even using). Fast forward to now I just bought a house, have an office and life is good.

I own a web design and SEO firm targeting businesses (SEO part is struggling a bit). I know it is not huge but this year did around 150,000 in sales. Last year did 110,000 so a nice bump. Profit this year was roughly 73,000-75,000 after all expenses and such. So about half. I know Misc like some sort of pic proof, here is a poverty screenshot I took from one of my merchant accounts

Great being my own boss and dictating how much money I can make. One tip I would say is try and focus on one thing or just a couple things. I used to be all over the place trying out different stuff (still get sidetracked sometimes) without making much money in the first thing I tried. It is easy to get excited about trying new things and not focusing on 1 or 2 things.

Another tip, network like crazy. I met one lady who had a pretty poverty business, did some stuff for her pretty cheap just to be nice and make a connection. Some minor edits. Anyway, 3 months later she sends me a referral that turned into a 3,500 site. That is just one example, have a lot more. Talk to everyone you know and make sure they know what you do. Join networking groups (I am part of a BNI), dinners anything really where you get to meet new people.

Something cool I just started testing out is making a local business directory website for my county. I email these businesses and ask them if they want a free interview for me to post on the website. Typically say yes, why not its free. I even offer to drive to them or have it in my office. During the interview small talk and build a relationship. Don't try to sell anything when you are there. Edit the video and post it up on the site, send them a link and then mention if they are interested can give them a free evaluation of their website. And then you offer services that could benefit them.

They like you for giving them a free interview and not trying to sell right away. Build relationship first with them and then sell. Even if they are not interested can mention if they run into anyone that might need your services to send them over. A little different method of generating leads that you could try out.

This year plan on growing it more. Also starting up a fitness apparel company which could be a lot of fun. Might try out some social media type things too as I haven't tried that before. I will admit would be nice to slowly move away from clients and do more internet marketing type stuff, as some can be a royal pain! But each has benefits and cons.

If anyone has questions on targeting offline business and getting started I would be glad to help anyone out. I know I am not CEO10k/day but make a decent income.

ScrillaVilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScrillaVilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScrillaVilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScrillaVilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScrillaVilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScrillaVilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScrillaVilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScrillaVilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScrillaVilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScrillaVilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScrillaVilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Honestly surprised so many of you are doing the fitness apparel thing since there's so much competition. I get this is a bodybuilding and all, but I think it'd better if you aimed at a more targeted niche. Hence why I've been doing the streetwear thing. If I was doing fitness apparel, I'd be targeting Crossfit specifically. My opinion anyways.

Nate R. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate R. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate R. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate R. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate R. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate R. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate R. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate R. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate R. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate R. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate R. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ScrillaVilla View Post
    Honestly surprised so many of you are doing the fitness apparel thing since there's so much competition. I get this is a bodybuilding and all, but I think it'd better if you aimed at a more targeted niche. Hence why I've been doing the streetwear thing. If I was doing fitness apparel, I'd be targeting Crossfit specifically. My opinion anyways.
    Yeah more of just a fun side project and will see where it goes. There definitely is a ton of competition.

Originally Posted by Nate R. View Post
    Arguments have been entertaining lol figured I would post a little success story for you all...

Started this stuff about 4 years ago I would say, first 2 years was in college and just messing around with different stuff. Lost a pretty decent amount of money testing out random things and them not working. In March 2013 I had zero dollars in my bank account, paid off my school debt (degree I am not even using). Fast forward to now I just bought a house, have an office and life is good.

I own a web design and SEO firm targeting businesses (SEO part is struggling a bit). I know it is not huge but this year did around 150,000 in sales. Last year did 110,000 so a nice bump. Profit this year was roughly 73,000-75,000 after all expenses and such. So about half. I know Misc like some sort of pic proof, here is a poverty screenshot I took from one of my merchant accounts

Great being my own boss and dictating how much money I can make. One tip I would say is try and focus on one thing or just a couple things. I used to be all over the place trying out different stuff (still get sidetracked sometimes) without making much money in the first thing I tried. It is easy to get excited about trying new things and not focusing on 1 or 2 things.

Another tip, network like crazy. I met one lady who had a pretty poverty business, did some stuff for her pretty cheap just to be nice and make a connection. Some minor edits. Anyway, 3 months later she sends me a referral that turned into a 3,500 site. That is just one example, have a lot more. Talk to everyone you know and make sure they know what you do. Join networking groups (I am part of a BNI), dinners anything really where you get to meet new people.

Something cool I just started testing out is making a local business directory website for my county. I email these businesses and ask them if they want a free interview for me to post on the website. Typically say yes, why not its free. I even offer to drive to them or have it in my office. During the interview small talk and build a relationship. Don't try to sell anything when you are there. Edit the video and post it up on the site, send them a link and then mention if they are interested can give them a free evaluation of their website. And then you offer services that could benefit them.

They like you for giving them a free interview and not trying to sell right away. Build relationship first with them and then sell. Even if they are not interested can mention if they run into anyone that might need your services to send them over. A little different method of generating leads that you could try out.

This year plan on growing it more. Also starting up a fitness apparel company which could be a lot of fun. Might try out some social media type things too as I haven't tried that before. I will admit would be nice to slowly move away from clients and do more internet marketing type stuff, as some can be a royal pain! But each has benefits and cons.

If anyone has questions on targeting offline business and getting started I would be glad to help anyone out. I know I am not CEO10k/day but make a decent income.
    how dare you post a shot of your earnings! D: you'll be sent to internet marketing jail!

peteyyytran is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) peteyyytran is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) peteyyytran is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) peteyyytran is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) peteyyytran is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) peteyyytran is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) peteyyytran is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) peteyyytran is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) peteyyytran is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) peteyyytran is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) peteyyytran is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by mike.hunt View Post
    I have no idea wtf anybody is even doing in this thread anymore. Except peteytran with his fitness line, everybody else just measuring their c0cks and spouting numbers.
    ayyyy :3

new design for website is coming up and affiliate page for the athletes

feels good mayne

finally found someone ( a miscer who actually post in here and has been learning code since he even started in here )

wood refer

pbnugget is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pbnugget is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pbnugget is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pbnugget is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pbnugget is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pbnugget is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pbnugget is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pbnugget is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pbnugget is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pbnugget is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pbnugget is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

This is what I preach. Everyone half-brained nitwit is trying to sell or pitch business owners constantly. If you want to stand out, and really show them that you are worth speaking to, then you absolutely HAVE to provide some form of value for them - typically give them something for free i.e. audit/evaluation/consultation etc. I've had a lot of success by including my favorite whitepaper with all my pitches, which goes as far as to act as a step by step guide for how they can improve one aspect of how they make intelligent marketing decisions.

Aim to help people/provide value to them first. Then ask for the sale after.

pbnugget is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pbnugget is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pbnugget is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pbnugget is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pbnugget is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pbnugget is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pbnugget is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pbnugget is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pbnugget is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pbnugget is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pbnugget is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Also, how do you have such a slim margin? Is it the office space? Any employees?

This is what I preach. Everyone half-brained nitwit is trying to sell or pitch business owners constantly. If you want to stand out, and really show them that you are worth speaking to, then you absolutely HAVE to provide some form of value for them - typically give them something for free i.e. audit/evaluation/consultation etc. I've had a lot of success by including my favorite whitepaper with all my pitches, which goes as far as to act as a step by step guide for how they can improve one aspect of how they make intelligent marketing decisions.

Aim to help people/provide value to them first. Then ask for the sale after.
    not sure if you've answered before, but what do you do? I'm just curious

agreed totally with what you said though, value is everything

not sure if you've answered before, but what do you do? I'm just curious

agreed totally with what you said though, value is everything
    I run an online marketing agency specializing in the retail sector, mid-size eCommerce mostly ($10MM-$150MM/yr). Many agencies in this industry take advantage of the knowledge gap between themselves and their clients - mostly by reporting in a way which does not make it easy for a business owner to hold them accountable, or by twisting the attribution model in their favor. I consider my business to be radically different because of the transparency and education I provide to my clients. They understand exactly how many dollars they make with me, where they come from, are they being maximized, etc.

I run an online marketing agency specializing in the retail sector, mid-size eCommerce mostly ($10MM-$150MM/yr). Many agencies in this industry take advantage of the knowledge gap between themselves and their clients - mostly by reporting in a way which does not make it easy for a business owner to hold them accountable, or by twisting the attribution model in their favor. I consider my business to be radically different because of the transparency and education I provide to my clients. They understand exactly how many dollars they make with me, where they come from, are they being maximized, etc.
    that's awesome, do you have a staff? do you do a lot of the day-to-day yourself?

right now im making good money, but i haven't taken that next step in creating my own service based company, which i think is where the big money is

gonna do it soon though

that's awesome, do you have a staff? do you do a lot of the day-to-day yourself?

right now im making good money, but i haven't taken that next step in creating my own service based company, which i think is where the big money is

gonna do it soon though
    I don't have any employees right now, but I work with a number of freelancers to help me manage fulfillment and create tools to improve/automate my process. The utility on a single employee in this business is between $220k-$300k in annual revenue depending upon the class of clients they manage, and I'm not quite there yet. I plan to hire an employee within the next few months, but it's not quite the right time yet.

If you ever decide to go the route of consulting/agency/b2b, I highly recommend specializing. It makes it much easier to scale. I've seen so many talented business owners/consultants in my industry who spread themselves thin across so many different types of businesses and then are never able to carve out a niche for themselves.

MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ScrillaVilla View Post
    To me, there is already so much competition in apparel in general that I don't see how it is even possible to be successful in this space but you guys are out here making it happen so idk. What seperates you guy's shirts and gear from the coutless others that are out there? I would love to do something in apparel. I would just come up with the concept and then hire designers

Page 69 of 172 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69 70 71 79 119 169 ... LastLast