Thread: Yo Oceanside...

ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Yo Oceanside...

Did you see the brawl between JJ and DC at the media event yesterday?

The full video of the brawl can be found at mmafightingcom

Post Brawl SC Interview:

Oh man, I'm so amped for this fight!

I gots JJ beating DC ALL_DAY_LONG.

LMK if you want to make things interesting with a little wager, my brother.

EDIT: ffs. I upload a pic to my profile and it automatically becomes my avatar??? How do I get rid of that $hit?

Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Jones did not hit Cormier on the stage. He pulled the punch and Cormier fell off the stage. Entertaining nonetheless.

My money is on Cormier, but via standing KO.

ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Oceanside View Post
    Cormier spends 5 days a week training with Velasquez....

I'll be amazed if getting in the Jones isn't an easy night for him..

I'll bet everything in my pocket on that night that we'll see Jones fighting off his back for the time ever..
    I hear you but there's just something about Jones that puts him on another level, IMHO.

I don't bet cash on fights cuz as we both know anything can happen, but how about a one month sig bet? - just to add a bit of fun.

I already know what I want your sig to say when you lose.

Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Cormier spends 5 days a week training with Velasquez....

I'll be amazed if getting in there with Jones isn't an easy night for him..

I'll bet everything in my pocket on that night that we'll see Jones fighting off his back for the time ever..
    ^^ This is my thinking as well. Plus, I gotta admit, I would love to say DC beat his @ss.
    It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

V-240 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V-240 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V-240 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V-240 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V-240 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V-240 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V-240 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V-240 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V-240 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V-240 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V-240 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Well, that escalated quickly.
    I'm Batman.

Okay, I'm not.

Here's a frog.

@..@
    (----)
    ( )-( )
    o0..0o

SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    how about is DC gets the win you can't post here for a month ?

and if jones gets the win I can't post here for a month ?
    Bet your signatures, winner gets to dictate the contents of the losers for a period of time!
    I'm a sad little man

Done.

In the freak chance that DC wins, I can do a month easily. I was banned for 6 months and am fine with lurking.

I mostly just post to annoy you.

Originally Posted by SP1966 View Post
    Bet your signatures, winner gets to dictate the contents of the losers for a period of time!
    That's what I wanted to do but he's scared of what I'll come up with for him!

Originally Posted by Phattso View Post
    Jones did not hit Cormier on the stage. He pulled the punch and Cormier fell off the stage. Entertaining nonetheless.

My money is on Cormier, but via standing KO.
    I somehow missed this, Phat. Standing KO??? DC on JBJ? I don't see it. He'd have to catch Jones with something crazy like a winging Fedoresk overhand right but that would be a fluke.

IMHO, reach is the key to this fight, and range. Maybe DC trains with Velasquez which there's no doubt means he's strong as fcuk, but there's no way to emulate Jones' style and that's going make the difference.

Man, I can't wait!

I honestly don't pay much attention to what's in anyones sig line...
    How about something like this?

Step to the beat of my heart,
    I don't need a whole lot,
    But for you I admit I,
    I'd rather give you the world,
    Or we can share mine,
    I know I won't be the first one,
    Givin' you all this attention,
    Baby listen,
    I just need somebody to love,
    I don't need too much, just somebody to love,
    Somebody to love.
    I don't need nothing else,
    I promise girl I swear,
    I just need somebody to love.
    I need somebody, I need somebody,
    I need somebody, I need somebody
    Somebody to love.

Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ChazWood View Post
    How about something like this?

Step to the beat of my heart,
    I don't need a whole lot,
    But for you I admit I,
    I'd rather give you the world,
    Or we can share mine,
    I know I won't be the first one,
    Givin' you all this attention,
    Baby listen,
    I just need somebody to love,
    I don't need too much, just somebody to love,
    Somebody to love.
    I don't need nothing else,
    I promise girl I swear,
    Somebody to love.

Come on Chaz no need to humiliate the guy. Here is a good one though...

I feel pretty
    Oh so pretty
    I feel pretty and witty and gay
    And I pity
    Any girl who isn't me today
    I feel charming
    Oh so charming
    It's alarming how charming I feel
    And so pretty
    That I hardly can believe I'm real
    See the pretty girl in that mirror there?
    Who can that attractive girl be?
    Such a pretty face
    Such a pretty dress
    Such a pretty smile
    Such a pretty me!
    I feel stunning
    And entrancing
    Feel like running
    And dancing for joy
    For I'm loved
    By a pretty wonderful boy
    Well meaning, elderly man with a poor memory...

Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I somehow missed this, Phat. Standing KO??? DC on JBJ? I don't see it. He'd have to catch Jones with something crazy like a winging Fedoresk overhand right but that would be a fluke.

IMHO, reach is the key to this fight, and range. Maybe DC trains with Velasquez which there's no doubt means he's strong as fcuk, but there's no way to emulate Jones' style and that's going make the difference.

Man, I can't wait!
    Thanks. You make some good points, and I have thought of them, too. There are many factors going on here and pros and cons for each fighter.

I guess I had to choose someone, and I'd like to see Jones challenged again like Gus did, but differently, since they are different style fighters. Jones obviously has a major reach and height advantage. But, Cormier mowed through Big Foot and Barnett, who are both huge and Cormier was the underdog for both.

But, Jones is better than the above and this will be fun to watch.

Still, I think the Black Fedor will KO Jones at some point.

On a side note, I would have liked to see Cormier and JDS go at it.

Originally Posted by Fishman15 View Post
    Come on Chaz no need to humiliate the guy. Here is a good one though...
    haha, that's a good one, Fishman! I may be leaning more towards that little beauty for our friend.

Thanks. You make some good points, and I have thought of them, too. There are many factors going on here and pros and cons for each fighter.

I guess I had to choose someone, and I'd like to see Jones challenged again like Gus did, but differently, since they are different style fighters. Jones obviously has a major reach and height advantage. But, Cormier mowed through Big Foot and Barnett, who are both huge and Cormier was the underdog for both.

But, Jones is better than the above and this will be fun to watch.

Still, I think the Black Fedor will KO Jones at some point.

On a side note, I would have liked to see Cormier and JDS go at it.
    I totally agree; I'd love to see Jones really challenged. Truthfully, I really have no idea how this fight is going to go and that's what makes it so exciting. I haven't been this excited about a fight since, well, I can't even remember! Picking a side makes it even more fun.

Frankly, when I first saw DC in the Strikeforce HW GP, I was awestruck by his abilities. He's super-fast for his size and obviously an amazing wrestler. Personally, I don't like what I see from Jones out of the Octagon, but he's still young and did grow up with two very athletic older brothers. I reckon trash talk comes second nature - along with the beatings he must have taken. I can see why many think he's got a chip on his shoulder.

But JBJ as a fighter - he really is the new breed, IMHO and has never been in a boring fight that I can recall. The same can't be said for any other top fighter, except maybe Cain but that's because you know if you blink, you may miss the fight.

yeah; DC vs JDS would be great. I'm a huge JDS fan.

Cheers, I'll check it out.

deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Hell, don't do that. You guys are two of the funnier posters here. Humiliation/embarassment bets would be the most fun.
    []---[] Equipment crew member #51 []---[]

Originally Posted by deadwoodgregg View Post
    Hell, don't do that. You guys are two of the funnier posters here. Humiliation/embarassment bets would be the most fun.

I'm always down for some humiliation/embarrassment. Definitely not unfamiliar territory.

SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I honestly don't pay much attention to what's in anyones sig line...
    I guess you just don't care.
    I'm a sad little man

The Cake Is A Lie! StressMonkey's Avatar
    StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I felt so bad for the guy in the middle.

There will come a day when I tire of listening to 80's music. That day is not today.

I Really Miss The Old BodySpace

-O35 5'8" Crew- -Karl_Hungus Crew-

That was a good interview Phats, cheers. I'm totally primed for this fight. Now, I'm going to avoid any non relevant news on these two so I don't get burnt out on them.

I care about making chaz disappear for a month
    It warms my cockles to know you care but when you're two weeks into your banishment and jonesing to make a witty one-liner in someone's thread, you're gonna wish that you took the sig bet option instead.

Originally Posted by StressMonkey View Post
    I felt so bad for the guy in the middle.
    haha, I felt bad for that guy too. That $hit got very real, very fast!

I would have done the sig line bet but...

they're weak...

it's what "all the kids are doing"
    Well we don't want to be weak or worse, appear weak.

So in that vein, let's make it 2 months.

no..

one month will be cool
    OK, it's agreed.

That was a good interview Phats, cheers. I'm totally primed for this fight. Now, I'm going to avoid any non relevant news on these two so I don't get burnt out on them.
    I know what you mean about burnt out. Wonder if they started too early. But, it will be pumped up anyway.

Going to interesting to see the best of the best going at it. Jones has always had the size advantage, though. This fight is hard to predict. Example: Machida was teaching Jones a striking lesson up until Jones grabbed him and had his way. Good thing Jones can take some good hits. Will be interesting to see what Cormier can do up close if it gets to that, with his strength and striking power.

I'm not going to bet on this one.

dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    fights now been pushed back to Jan 3
    I told you, I won't fight you, no matter what time or date!

Wut?

fights now been pushed back to Jan 3

I really think these guys are going too hard in training camp. GPS was notorious for that.

g-dammit.

dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I could be dead by Jan 3rd !!
    Yes, yes you could.