johnsmith10a10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnsmith10a10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Thumbs up 12 Tips To Help You Lose Weight On The 12-week Plan

Get off to the best possible start on the NHS Choices 12-week weight loss plan with these 12 diet and exercise tips.
    1. Don't skip breakfast
    Research shows eating breakfast helps you control your weight. Some people skip breakfast because they think it will help them lose weight, but missing meals doesn't help us lose weight and isn't good for us as we can miss out on essential nutrients. It could also encourage us to snack more throughout the day because you feel hungry. Check outfive healthy breakfasts.
    2. Eat regular meals
    Some people think missing meals will help them lose weight, but it's been shown eating regularly during the day helps burn calories at a faster rate. It also reduces the temptation to snack on foods high in fat and sugar. Find out more about eating heathily.
    3. Eat plenty of fruit and veg
    Fruit and veg are low in calories and fat, and high in fibre – three essential ingredients for successful weight loss. They also contain plenty of vitamins and minerals. Read up on getting your 5 A DAY.
    4. Get more active
    Studies show regular activity is key to losing weight and keeping it off. As well as providing numerous health benefits, exercise can help burn off the excess calories you can't cut through diet alone. Find an activity you enjoy and are able to fit into your routine.
    5. Drink plenty of water
    People sometimes confuse thirst with hunger. You can end up consuming extra calories when a glass of water is really what you need. You should aim to drink about six to eight glasses (1.2 litres) of fluid, preferably water, every day – or more if it's warm or you're exercising.
    6. Eat high-fibre foods
    Foods containing lots of fibre can help keep you to feel full, which is perfect for losing weight. Fibre is only found in food from plants, such as fruit and veg, oats, wholegrain bread, brown rice and pasta, andbeans, peas and lentils.
    7. Read food labels
    Knowing how to read food labels can help you choose healthier options, and keep a check on the amount of calories, fat, salt and sugars you eat. Use the calorie information to work out how a particular food fits into your daily calorie allowance on the weight loss plan. Find out more about reading food labels.
    8. Use a smaller plate
    Studies show people who use smaller plates tend to eat smaller portions and are still satisfied. By using smaller plates and bowls, you may be able to gradually get used to eating smaller portions without going hungry. It takes about 20 minutes for the stomach to tell the brain it's full, so eat slowly and stop eating before you feel full.
    9. Don't ban foods
    Don't ban any foods from your weight loss plan, especially the ones you like. Banning foods will only make you crave them more. There's no reason you can't enjoy the occasional treat as long as you stay within your daily calorie allowance.
    10. Don't stock junk food
    To avoid temptation, avoid stocking junk food, such as chocolate, biscuits, crisps and sweet fizzy drinks, at home. Instead, stock up on healthy snacks, such as fruit, unsalted rice cakes, oat cakes, unsalted or unsweetened popcorn, and fruit juice.
    11. Cut down on alcohol
    Did you know a standard glass of wine can contain as many calories as a piece of chocolate, and a pint of lager has about the same calorie count as a packet of crisps? Over time, drinking too much can easily contribute to weight gain. Find out more about the calories in alcohol.
    12. Plan your meals
    Plan your breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks for the week, making sure you stick to your calorie allowance. Try to plan for four to seven days' worth of meals and snacks. Make a shopping list, but don't shop when you're hungry as that can lead to high-calorie impulse buys!

OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    How about burn more calories than you eat?
    Baltimore Orioles
    Most positive poster in this thread.

MFC Poor Crew President and Founder.

MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    A couple things are fine. A lot of it isn't.

Thanshin is just really nice. (+1000) Thanshin is just really nice. (+1000) Thanshin is just really nice. (+1000) Thanshin is just really nice. (+1000) Thanshin is just really nice. (+1000) Thanshin is just really nice. (+1000) Thanshin is just really nice. (+1000) Thanshin is just really nice. (+1000) Thanshin is just really nice. (+1000) Thanshin is just really nice. (+1000) Thanshin is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'm planning a diet of reading food labels on tiny plates. I've checked the food labels and they're printed on standard plastic, no alcohol whatsoever.

Do you have a formula of how many food labels per day one needs to read? Is it only based on weight and bf%? Or it also takes sex and age into account.

ElJoneso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think something really obvious here is that 5 veg is better than 3 veg and 2 fruit.

The amount of times I have seen a fat guy at work eating loads of fruit and I just want to slap them.

I have lost 7 pounds in the last month or so and I haven't been eating any fruit but everything else has been the same.

Another one is alcohol, how buzzed do you get off a couple of glasses of wine or two beers? Enough to want more, enough to have a rubbish sleep,enough to eat a slice of pizza.

Just axe it.

You could drop that whole article and say, no sugar, no fruit, drink water and walk a mile a day and it would hold ten times more creed for me personally.

MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by ElJoneso View Post
    I think something really obvious here is that 5 veg is better than 3 veg and 2 fruit.

The amount of times I have seen a fat guy at work eating loads of fruit and I just want to slap them.

I have lost 7 pounds in the last month or so and I haven't been eating any fruit but everything else has been the same.

Another one is alcohol, how buzzed do you get off a couple of glasses of wine or two beers? Enough to want more, enough to have a rubbish sleep,enough to eat a slice of pizza.

Just axe it.

You could drop that whole article and say, no sugar, no fruit, drink water and walk a mile a day and it would hold ten times more creed for me personally.
    Actually, everything you said pretty much doesn't make sense. There's nothing wrong with fruit, there's nothing wrong with pizza, there's nothing wrong with sugar. Walking a mile a day is a personal choice.

You didn't lose weight because you avoided fruit. It was because you ate less calories.

Originally Posted by MrM27 View Post
    Actually, everything you said pretty much doesn't make sense. There's nothing wrong with fruit, there's nothing wrong with pizza, there's nothing wrong with sugar. Walking a mile a day is a personal choice.

You didn't lose weight because you avoided fruit. It was because you ate less calories.
    I am talking about the people it's aimed at really, I'm sure an apple and an orange isn't doing a body builder any harm but a lot of overweight people think fruit is healthy in any volume.

I said is it worth having a few drinks if you are going to end up eating pizza, not pizza is bad....

I think you just wanted to disagree there in all honesty. If you are losing weight, 5 green veg a day will help and for the sake of A beer I don't think it's worth it, no alcohol is better than A beer for the sake of it.

I am talking about the people it's aimed at really, I'm sure an apple and an orange isn't doing a body builder any harm but a lot of overweight people think fruit is healthy in any volume.

I said is it worth having a few drinks if you are going to end up eating pizza, not pizza is bad....

I think you just wanted to disagree there in all honesty. If you are losing weight, 5 green veg a day will help and for the sake of A beer I don't think it's worth it, no alcohol is better than A beer for the sake of it.
    Well, I know I was obese an ate fruit as I lost weight. Thinking that eating as much fruit as you want doesn't mean we need to tell people to avoid fruit. Fruit isn't the issue, the issue is understanding calories. So rather than tell people not to eat fruit it's better to point out that they do have calories and are consisted of macronutrients which all count.

And regardless of how you put it as far as pizza goes, it's unnecessary to say. If you have a night out where you drink a few beers and have a slice then so be it. To use an example as if someone did that every day it's just using an extreme argument which again needs to be addressed with education of calories.

I argued your post because it's flawed. You think beer alcohol isn't worth it but some people do. Some people like a glass of wine or a beer after work and that's their choice. That doesn't mean we're encouraging them to go get hammered every night. You don't think it's for you and that's your choice. I like my ice cream, I have 8 or 9 pints in the freezer and will have a serving at night. Some people may feel the 200-300 calories isn't worth it but to me it is. It's a personal choice.

Educating people about proper nutrition is much better than telling them to avoid foods they might enjoy.

Originally Posted by MrM27 View Post
    Well, I know I was obese an ate fruit as I lost weight. Thinking that eating as much fruit as you want doesn't mean we need to tell people to avoid fruit. Fruit isn't the issue, the issue is understanding calories. So rather than tell people not to eat fruit it's better to point out that they do have calories and are consisted of macronutrients which all count.

And regardless of how you put it as far as pizza goes, it's unnecessary to say. If you have a night out where you drink a few beers and have a slice then so be it. To use an example as if someone did that every day it's just using an extreme argument which again needs to be addressed with education of calories.

I argued your post because it's flawed. You think beer alcohol isn't worth it but some people do. Some people like a glass of wine or a beer after work and that's their choice. That doesn't mean we're encouraging them to go get hammered every night. You don't think it's for you and that's your choice. I like my ice cream, I have 8 or 9 pints in the freezer and will have a serving at night. Some people may feel the 200-300 calories isn't worth it but to me it is. It's a personal choice.

Educating people about proper nutrition is much better than telling them to avoid foods they might enjoy.
    I know what you mean but I think that is just a hell of a lot of advice to throw at overweight people.

The fruit thing for me is a tough one, I love fruit and I love that I can have a few pieces and not feel guilty but it also seems some people don't realise it's carbs and sugar.

The alcohol thing is a personal one for me, it just stalls me, I'm probably about 4 years behind due to trying to balance booze and weight loss/building muscle.

I read stuff like that and I just think, that isn't going to change anybody health wise,

You said yourself a lot of it isn't correct, anyone who has lost weight at points can probably see holes.

I saw a Elliot Hulse video where he said anyone can lose weight by only drinking water, cutting out sugar and walking an hour a day.

I have repeated this to a lot of people because it sounds so easy but not many people I know could last 5 days of it.

Anyway I am lurking profiles as it's amazing to see people doing what I am trying to do, great work and I hope I can achieve what you have.

I can sense I am going to be spending a lot of time on here in the next twelve months.

I know what you mean but I think that is just a hell of a lot of advice to throw at overweight people.

The fruit thing for me is a tough one, I love fruit and I love that I can have a few pieces and not feel guilty but it also seems some people don't realise it's carbs and sugar.

The alcohol thing is a personal one for me, it just stalls me, I'm probably about 4 years behind due to trying to balance booze and weight loss/building muscle.

I read stuff like that and I just think, that isn't going to change anybody health wise,

You said yourself a lot of it isn't correct, anyone who has lost weight at points can probably see holes.

I saw a Elliot Hulse video where he said anyone can lose weight by only drinking water, cutting out sugar and walking an hour a day.

I have repeated this to a lot of people because it sounds so easy but not many people I know could last 5 days of it.

Anyway I am lurking profiles as it's amazing to see people doing what I am trying to do, great work and I hope I can achieve what you have.

I can sense I am going to be spending a lot of time on here in the next twelve months.
    Good, there are some smart people on this forum that give solid advice.

ffwang has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ffwang has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Just control your overall calorie. I don't like giving advise to people like you should eat this and avoid that. Vice versa, people can still get fat by avoiding fruits.

I once saw a buddy here eating boiled chicken breast only. This is a very bad failed example of dieting FYI.