Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    WhitExBoY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WhitExBoY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WhitExBoY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WhitExBoY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WhitExBoY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WhitExBoY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WhitExBoY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WhitExBoY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WhitExBoY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WhitExBoY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WhitExBoY is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Ultimate Combo Cutting Diet

3 Week Ultimate Combo Cutting Diet!!!

I've noticed the increasing number of "dieting" people on these boards lately all asking about the same questions, so I'm re-doing my last post on the 40-40-20 diet for those of you interested in losing weight and getting shredded. Here's some info on my personal diet, and keep in mind that I'm at 5% Bodyfat, so I'm sure that's enough evidence to support it.

Look, to lose weight, you MUST speed your metabolism, maintain a lower calorie intake, and excercise. It's THAT simple, and here's how you do it. My FIVE NECESSITIES of the 40-40-20 Diet!!!

1. Decrease your Calorie intake to 10-12 X Bodyweight (preferably 10)

2. 40% of these Calories should come from Carbs, 40% from Protein, and 20% from fat. (1g Carb=4 Calories, 1g Protein=4 Calories, 1g Fat=9 Calories) Except on the Keto Days where you eliminate carbs (except post workout and veggies) and increase protein and fat.

3. Schedule each of your meals evenly throughout the day, and eat 6 meals per day. The carbs should be hopefully consumed earlier in the day and in your post workout shake. Take ZMA before bed (on empty stomach) instead of eating another 7th meal, or have a casein shake. I alternate between harder training days. Casein shake if the training was intense, ZMA if it was moderately intense.

4. Switch up your diet weekly to keep your metabolism on the GO! Never stick with the same diet for more than a week or else you'll plateau and level off your fatloss ability. I will include a sample schedule on bottom.

5. Start now with Calories at 10 X Bodyweight, and the next week, if you're a lower weight, re-configure your calories to your NEW weight, not your old one, or keep decreasing about 500 Calories per week if you're extremely overweight. Do this until you reach your desired weight, and then keep your calories at 10-12 X Desired Weight.

Here's the Schedule...

Week 1+2 Mon-Wed (40-40-20 Diet) Thurs-Fri (Keto Diet) Sat (Carb Load AKA "CHEAT DAY!!!" Load on carbs, but don't go overboard!) Sun (Keto Diet..use up some of those extra carbs from Sat!)

Week 3 Mon-Wed (Cyclical Keto=carbs after or before workout in food form) Thurs-Fri (Keto Diet) Sat (Load..same as before) Sun (Keto, same as before)

Then it starts all over again. This is a 3 week diet that keeps your metabolism guessing, and moving at a faster pace rather than just plateauing and staying the same. Your fat loss would be limited if you didn't change up your diet constantly.

I only do cardio twice per week, but I do it BEFORE my saturday cheat day so some of the extra crap I eat isn't stored as fat, then I do my next cardio session on Sunday, the day I switch back into keto...that way I burn off some extra carbs and fat that I took in on saturday, and what I didn't burn off in my cardio session, usually gets burned off through the day since I'm in Keto. Actually I hardly consider it keto on sunday because I just eliminate carbs, but I keep my fat percentage at around 20% still, and go back to 40-40-20 on Monday.

Trust me, this diet works, and the whole aspect behind it is the Calories really, and the fact that I'm switching up the types of foods I eat through the different diets (Keto and 40-40-20). Also, for those of you who like to drink, cheat, or whatever...this diet is great because Saturday is a full cheat day, but Sunday is STRICT! That way you can BOOST your metabolism with all the extra calories in one day, then not have to worry because come Sunday you'll be burning it off through the strict dieting, and throughout the following week! Don't forget to load on Saturday!

There you all have it, I hope I didn't forget anything, and if you're confused then just ask. I got down to 5% Bodyfat and I've stayed there while adding some muscle and it's working great. Once I got to 5, I only had to do cardio twice a week, which is great.

On the days you do the 40-40-20 diet, remember that it's best to consume most of these carbs for breakfast, and after your workout. The rest should be during the first half of the day, and then eat veggies for dinner like I do.

P.S. Keto and 40-40-20 diet both work great, and work even better when used in conjunction with one another!

startac0214 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thanks alot bro i start the diet tomorrow..

Im going to follow your exact instructions...Hope all goes well...

Edutk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

I give you much props for this Whitexboy. This is really good **** and very effective. You should be writing some articles on fat loss for BB.com.

p.s. To the people dieting. Count every calorie that goes into your mouth. Don't guesstimate!!!

WhitExBoY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WhitExBoY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WhitExBoY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WhitExBoY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WhitExBoY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WhitExBoY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WhitExBoY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WhitExBoY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WhitExBoY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WhitExBoY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WhitExBoY is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Edutk-

Thanks bro, it took quite some time to plan this diet and even longer to try it on myself. People just need to learn that one diet is not enough...you must constantly keep your metabolism "guessing" by changing the way you eat frequently. I've "leveled off" so many times as far as fat burning, and this diet keeps my fat as low as possible, but gives my muscles a more solid and defined look than a usual "everyday" diet because of the mixture of carbs/protein/fat and CHEATING. I love it.

Well said about counting every calorie..that's another area where people fail. They need their EXACT numbers to get that idea of where they are at, then once they're used to it..no need to count anymore..you already know which meals have a certain number of calories, and you can base your diet by your meals instead of the numbers (because you already KNOW THEM!).

Thanks!

Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    good post WhiteXBoy!

if u could....write out a sample eating day of a typical 40-40-20 diet at about 2200 cals/day. And one day of the keto. What kinds of foods where would u suggest taking in on both days? Thanks brother! Peace!
    Obsessed is just a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated.

The body cannot achieve what the mind cannot conceive.

Practice doesnt make perfect....perfect practice makes perfect

Blindfaith-

That's something you'll have to take a time out for, and figure out yourself. If I start making sample menus for people, I'd be in front of my computer all day. Plus people work out at different times of the day, so it's hard to incorporate certain meals with their schedule. Remember this....

40-40-20 (Carbs for breakfast, pre workout, and post workout) Just try to consume your 40% carb intake earlier in the day.

Cyclical Keto (Carbs AFTER your workout in meal form only, or before if you wish, but only during these times) Brown Rice, etc.

Keto (Carbs only in liquid form=post workout shake, which should contain both carbs and protein) Green veggies are fine.

Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally posted by WhitExBoY
    Blindfaith-

That's something you'll have to take a time out for, and figure out yourself. If I start making sample menus for people, I'd be in front of my computer all day. Plus people work out at different times of the day, so it's hard to incorporate certain meals with their schedule. Remember this....

40-40-20 (Carbs for breakfast, pre workout, and post workout) Just try to consume your 40% carb intake earlier in the day.

Cyclical Keto (Carbs AFTER your workout in meal form only, or before if you wish, but only during these times) Brown Rice, etc.

Keto (Carbs only in liquid form=post workout shake, which should contain both carbs and protein) Green veggies are fine.

thanks for the info! Peace!
    Obsessed is just a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated.

The body cannot achieve what the mind cannot conceive.

Practice doesnt make perfect....perfect practice makes perfect

=w= is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) =w= is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) =w= is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) =w= is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) =w= is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) =w= is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) =w= is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) =w= is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) =w= is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) =w= is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) =w= is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Re: Ultimate Combo Cutting Diet

Week 3 Mon-Wed (Cyclical Keto=carbs after or before workout in food form) Thurs-Fri (Keto Diet) Sat (Load..same as before) Sun (Keto, same as before)

When you have carbs only pre/post workout this is a targeted ketogenic diet. A cyclical ketogenic is when you stick to a keto diet and refeed periodicaly
    Y'all dont paint pictures, y'all trace me

BigWill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    How do you figure out if you are taking in 40 % carbs and protein and 20% fat? HOw do you calculate this? Based on percentage of daily values on food bags or what? I am confused on this part.

1.- You would multiply your bodyweight by 10 to get the necessary calorie requirement.

2.- Multiply above number by .40

3.- Divide that number by 4

The total answer is the number of grams of carbohydrates and protein to consume. This applies to fat as well, but you multiply by .20, then divide by 9 to get grams of fat.

If you're at 10 X Bodyweight in calories, then it's easy...1g Protein per lb of bodyweight, and same goes for carbs (1g/lb bodyweight).

Sorry about the keto error...I just haven't done my homework well enough I guess, but I'm sure you got what I meant by reading the post. Sorry for the "term error"

=w= is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) =w= is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) =w= is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) =w= is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) =w= is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) =w= is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) =w= is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) =w= is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) =w= is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) =w= is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) =w= is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Sorry about the keto error...I just haven't done my homework well enough I guess, but I'm sure you got what I meant by reading the post. Sorry for the "term error"
    No problem what so ever - I hope you didnt take it as nit picky and rude (not what i intended) - I was just letting you know for future. Otherwise it seems like you are getting great results keep at it.
    Y'all dont paint pictures, y'all trace me

So have there been any success stories to this diet that someone might want to share with me? Glad to help.
    Rest Day?!...Never heard of it.

neilj has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    what cardio and what duration whixboy?
    Yes.

Quiet Storm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quiet Storm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quiet Storm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quiet Storm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quiet Storm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quiet Storm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quiet Storm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quiet Storm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quiet Storm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quiet Storm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quiet Storm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    what kinda split do you use for lifting and cardio on that diet?

windows250279 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

great article

great post guys, that was full of excellent info. I am goin ta try the diet in the near future.

Does is strip the fat quite quickly?

andymac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

u need to mate

The cardio I perform when dieting is about 30-50min of running, depending on how much energy I have in me. I always have a pre-cardio shake with about 15g protein and 10g glutamine right after waking up before I run.

My lifting split is usually the same 3 or 4 day split, and I work each bodypart once per week. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

Quiet Storm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quiet Storm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quiet Storm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quiet Storm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quiet Storm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quiet Storm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quiet Storm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quiet Storm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quiet Storm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quiet Storm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quiet Storm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    i got one more question
    at the end of week 3 you have a carb load, then the day after one day of keto and then you start all over again so you go back to the 40/40/20, but it takes like 2 or 3 days for the average person to get into ketosis so wouldnt that day of keto be a little useless? and on those 3 days of 40/40/20 wouldnt you see some bloating and fat gaining from eating carbs when your body isnt used to it? lemme know your experience with this, thanks alot

It wouldn't be useless because your calorie intake is still low, so no matter what you will be losing fat. The only reason for that 1 day of keto is to burn off extra carbs from the load, and I mentioned earlier that I usually follow a high protein/lower fat than a regular keto on that day, so the carbs will be burned first, then your fat. The following days will just help fill your glycogen levels, and not necessarily bloat you, or make you gain fat. You can't really with your calories at 10 X Bodyweight. Hope this helps!

sounds good, just wondering if you had that problem in the past
    by the looks of it youve gotten good results, im gonna give this a go

tulip35 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Question - If I weight 150lbs. Thats 1500 cals per day. This also means that I would need to consume 150 grams of carbs and 150 grams of protein and 33 grams of fat. Is this right? and is this per meal? i'm kinda confused. Please let me know. Also - on this 40-40-20 day - can my carbs be in any form - like potatoes pasta and rice?
    Thanks

Tulip

The numbers you got should be divided up throughout the day, not per meal. Your carbs should be low-gi carbs such as pasta, oatmeal, veggies, and maybe brown rice, although I'm not a huge fan of rice. Save the potato for after your workout due to it's high GI rating. Good Luck!

Ok - one more question - so I will not gain weight if I do a keto diet for 2-3 days, then a carb (cheat) day and then back on keto. And then on to 40-40-20? I'm trying to slim down and i have about 15lbs to go. I have been doing 6 days of keto with 1 cheat day and its getting a little mundane. I am craving a little more variety and your plan sounds wounderful. But I don't want to do anything to cause weight gain. Please let me know. On 40-40-20 - is the idea to keep my glycogyn stores full, but not overflowing? Also - any supplement suggestions? Thanks a bunch

SumAnFGuy2002 is just really nice. (+1000) SumAnFGuy2002 is just really nice. (+1000) SumAnFGuy2002 is just really nice. (+1000) SumAnFGuy2002 is just really nice. (+1000) SumAnFGuy2002 is just really nice. (+1000) SumAnFGuy2002 is just really nice. (+1000) SumAnFGuy2002 is just really nice. (+1000) SumAnFGuy2002 is just really nice. (+1000) SumAnFGuy2002 is just really nice. (+1000) SumAnFGuy2002 is just really nice. (+1000) SumAnFGuy2002 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Tulip, ya read my mind, lol. I was JUST about to ask the same question. I, too have been on keto for a week and tomorrow is my cheat day. Would it hurt any if I went ahead into keto again this Sunday and then started doing 40-40-20 if I kept my calories the same? I wouldn't think so, but I was just wondering. Note: Keto starts to really blow after a while
    "You tried, and you failed miserably. The moral of the story - never try."

Tulip-

If you follow this plan, you will not gain weight, because it would be damn near impossible with your calories this low. The point of the 40-40-20 is to keep your glycogen levels somewhat full, but they probably won't be entirely full until you have your cheat day. Just be sure to choose only healthy carbs, with low GI values like oatmeal, pasta, whole-grain foods, veggies, skim milk etc.

As for supplements, the only things I use are creatine, protein, and glutamine. Some people don't like to cut with creatine because of water retention, but I think it helps me keep my muscle more, and if I want to get cut up quickly while taking creatine, I just drink diet coke with caffeine for a few days.

Good Luck

SumAnFGuy2002 is just really nice. (+1000) SumAnFGuy2002 is just really nice. (+1000) SumAnFGuy2002 is just really nice. (+1000) SumAnFGuy2002 is just really nice. (+1000) SumAnFGuy2002 is just really nice. (+1000) SumAnFGuy2002 is just really nice. (+1000) SumAnFGuy2002 is just really nice. (+1000) SumAnFGuy2002 is just really nice. (+1000) SumAnFGuy2002 is just really nice. (+1000) SumAnFGuy2002 is just really nice. (+1000) SumAnFGuy2002 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Thanks for responding, but I have one quick, simple question...
    would my progress be somewhat hampered from switching to this diet from keto and would it be any different in terms of progress for someone who, let's say just came off some sort of other completely different diet? What I'm trying to say is...would I lose fat just as efficiently from someone that was NOT doing keto before and then switched to this diet?
    "You tried, and you failed miserably. The moral of the story - never try."

You should be fine switching to this diet, and I think your body will burn fat just as efficiently, if not more.

Ok - I understand everything you have written - but the hard part for me is getting my ratio on the 40-40-20. To tell you the honest truth - i really don't eat that often during the day to pack on (i'm 150 lbs) 150 grams of carbs and 150 grams of protein through out the day. First of all- i am usually not that hungry - i eat lunch and dinner with a protein bar somewhere in between and maybe a handfull of cashews in the afternoon. Being on Keto just doesn't leave my appetite in very good shape - so i'm just not hungry. But like this week for example - I did monday and tues on really strict keto. Today with lunch i had a chicken breast cooked in olive oil and a small side of potatoes with cheese. Roughy - the entire potato serving had around 25 grams of carbs. So my lunch is about even with carbs and protein. But now what - what do i do the rest of the day. And do I have to have 150 grams of carbs and 150 grams of proteins? Will this work the same if i decrese the number of grams but keep the ratios the same? I'm staying away from bread and refined sugar completely and getting carbs from veggies - but I'm still confused on how to successfully do this 40-40-20. Please advise, and thanks a bunch

I don't know what to tell you other than you need to find time to eat during the day approximately every 3 hours. Do not skip meals, for this will hinder your metabolism, and cause it to slow.

The potato should only be eaten after a workout, stick with pasta, oatmeal, or green veggies throughout the day. I can't really advise you to lower the numbers, because if I were to do so, I'd be encouraging a diet below 10 X Your bodyweight, and that is entirely unhealthy.

So my advice to you...find time, eat more often, and never skip breakfast. And keep your calories at 10 or 12 X's!! Don't go lower. Stay away from the cheese too.

Cheese? really? I love cheese and I though it was good for a keto diet. Ok - I will try to find more time to eat. But on my 40-40-20 days - can i have any bread - or should i just say no to bread for a good long while? what about rice?