Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Pronger865 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pronger865 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pronger865 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pronger865 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pronger865 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pronger865 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pronger865 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pronger865 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pronger865 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pronger865 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pronger865 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ChrisVigor View Post
    op tell me what chord is this G D Bb F
    G
    Bb
    D
    F

G A Bb C D Eb F
    G-root, flattened 3rd, 5th, 7th

Makes it a Gmin7

TrueManc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TrueManc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TrueManc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TrueManc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TrueManc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TrueManc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TrueManc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TrueManc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TrueManc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TrueManc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TrueManc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Mirin?

Also Lol at posting triggers, pro tools, DJ gear etc

M0hi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) M0hi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) M0hi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) M0hi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) M0hi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) M0hi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) M0hi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) M0hi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) M0hi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) M0hi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) M0hi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

It's literally been years since I played, I never practiced and was just naturally so good. Wish my parents had the foresight to see how good I was. I had to quit because of financial reasons and opting out to take more classes in HS. Also because I would need a custom (read:expensive) one due to sizing issues.

I remember I met and played for (with the entire orchestra) Soon Hee Newbold and she said we played it perfectly. Not a difficult song by any means, but I still have it memorized, could play it right now if I actually had something to play with:

Once you play an instrument, especially classical, you develop a finer understanding of soundtracks in movies. I can still pick up on cool things composers do in big blockbuster movie soundtracks and it makes it all the more enjoyable.

Wish I could go back and play 9:00 to 10:50 with highschool orchestra

I skimmed the electronic vs acoustic argument above, and all I am going to say is that for the longest time I considered getting a synth, would be beyond fun (I wanted a korg radias/kronos with a kaoss pad):

Last edited by M0hi; 08-04-2014 at 02:52 AM.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Misc translation: Who mods the mods?
    MISC Plug.DJ crew (â—£_â—¢) http://plug.dj/misc-edm/
    RIP frvrmuscle.
    Aziz Shavershian inspired me. Zyzz made me laugh. There's a difference,RIP
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Reps for life: bfmv69

philpeter123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philpeter123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philpeter123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philpeter123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philpeter123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philpeter123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philpeter123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philpeter123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philpeter123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philpeter123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philpeter123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by deepkick View Post

few Agile 8 strings, A schecter 6, an ibanez 7 all through a 25 year old Carvin x100b with an axe fx 2

Getting a custom Ormsby at the end of the year, here are a few in progress pics:

i got the same agile but a 7 string version. they are so nice man. what type of music you into? I think I already got an idea. do you like bands like periphery, veil of maya, born of Osiris, animals as leaders etc?
    always pick 4 crew
    ☆☆☆ brah sensation crew apprentice ☆☆☆
    68w

JustGravy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JustGravy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JustGravy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JustGravy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JustGravy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JustGravy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JustGravy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JustGravy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JustGravy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JustGravy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JustGravy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Pronger865 View Post
    A guitar is so much more than strumming out chords.

Even on an acoustic guitar with an incredible amount of skill, there is much that can be done.

Someone could spend their entire life playing and never get close to being able to do this (with a crap song)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1bzUaf_gvU&sns=em
    Originally Posted by Pronger865 View Post
    No, it isn't making your own sounds. It is mixing what others created. Sure you can make something unique, but by the very nature you are taking what others produced and putting them together.

An equivalent would be editors working on movie, chopping scenes adding sounds, music tracks and special effects and then claiming they did everything to make the film. That it was their involvement alone, ignoring there were actors, composers, musicians etc that played a part in what appears on screen.

With an instrument like an acoustic guitar, the only person involved in making the sounds is the one with the guitar in his hands.

It's funny how you contradict yourself so quickly I couldn't ignore it. It's funnier that you don't see the similarities of the video to your hypothetical scenario. Do you not understand the amount of work that is done outside of simply playing the guitar in that video? I don't think you understand that a very talented sound engineer had to very cleverly mic up the guy to make his guitar sound like that and then on top of that spend a lot of time mastering the track. Also, what about the film side of that video? Someone had to hire a makeup artist, get the backdrop right, set up the lighting properly and take all the right camera shots. On top of that someone had to sit in the studio on his computer aligning the video with the audio and master the whole project to pull of this production.

Take away all of that, watch and listen to this guy on the street and I guarantee you wouldn't be nearly as impressed. Not saying the guy is a bad guitarist, just pointing out your illogical hypocrisy. All good music comes from innovation and teamwork, a guy that simply knows how to play a guitar is no better than the guy that simply knows how to process the sound.

Constantine93 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Constantine93 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Constantine93 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Constantine93 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Constantine93 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Constantine93 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Constantine93 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Constantine93 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Constantine93 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Constantine93 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Constantine93 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Epiphone Les Paul Standard

Also have Epiphone and Ibanez acoustic guitars.

devildogJMS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) devildogJMS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) devildogJMS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) devildogJMS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) devildogJMS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) devildogJMS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) devildogJMS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) devildogJMS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) devildogJMS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) devildogJMS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) devildogJMS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

These are old but are still funny...
    USMC 04-08
    Native Texan

Texas Longhorns-Texas Rangers-Dallas Cowboys-San Antonio Spurs-Alexis Texas

Registered User hairlineofpeace's Avatar
    hairlineofpeace is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hairlineofpeace is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hairlineofpeace is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hairlineofpeace is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hairlineofpeace is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hairlineofpeace is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hairlineofpeace is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hairlineofpeace is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hairlineofpeace is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hairlineofpeace is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hairlineofpeace is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    My main axe is this '58 inspired V I built a few years ago:

Currently working on something new:

bazookasword is just really nice. (+1000) bazookasword is just really nice. (+1000) bazookasword is just really nice. (+1000) bazookasword is just really nice. (+1000) bazookasword is just really nice. (+1000) bazookasword is just really nice. (+1000) bazookasword is just really nice. (+1000) bazookasword is just really nice. (+1000) bazookasword is just really nice. (+1000) bazookasword is just really nice. (+1000) bazookasword is just really nice. (+1000)

Pics are not of mine, but I have the same ones, and a cheap ass china strat. Using a Ironheart irt 60 212 combo amp
    "Ain't nuthin to it but to do it" - Ronnie Coleman

On dat photosynthesis time for increased test levels

Souh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Souh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Souh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Souh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Souh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Souh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Souh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Souh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Souh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Souh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Souh is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    ESP Horizon FR II

ShoryuBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShoryuBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShoryuBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShoryuBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShoryuBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShoryuBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShoryuBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShoryuBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShoryuBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShoryuBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShoryuBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Fuk it, too lazy to get all my gear into one pic so I'll just post stock pics:

FR1620:

RG550DY:

RG565LB:

RG7421CF:

Runs through an Axe FX Ultra into a Mesa 2:90:

And into a Mesa Recto 2x12:

Just recently sold two of my Ibby Prestiges because I have too much chit
    Signature keeps disappearing crew
    Well under 10 lines crew
    Wtf m8 crew

\m/ Metal crew
    Misc Photography crew
    PC Master race
    Katy Perry is my 10/10 crew
    Try and edit posts before "Last edit" message shows up crew

HoisinHeaven is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoisinHeaven is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoisinHeaven is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoisinHeaven is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoisinHeaven is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoisinHeaven is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoisinHeaven is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoisinHeaven is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoisinHeaven is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoisinHeaven is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoisinHeaven is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Ibanez RGT6EXFX
    Fixed bridge master race

ShoryuBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShoryuBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShoryuBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShoryuBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShoryuBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShoryuBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShoryuBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShoryuBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShoryuBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShoryuBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShoryuBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by JustGravy View Post
    It's funny how you contradict yourself so quickly I couldn't ignore it. It's funnier that you don't see the similarities of the video to your hypothetical scenario. Do you not understand the amount of work that is done outside of simply playing the guitar in that video? I don't think you understand that a very talented sound engineer had to very cleverly mic up the guy to make his guitar sound like that and then on top of that spend a lot of time mastering the track. Also, what about the film side of that video? Someone had to hire a makeup artist, get the backdrop right, set up the lighting properly and take all the right camera shots. On top of that someone had to sit in the studio on his computer aligning the video with the audio and master the whole project to pull of this production.

Take away all of that, watch and listen to this guy on the street and I guarantee you wouldn't be nearly as impressed. Not saying the guy is a bad guitarist, just pointing out your illogical hypocrisy. All good music comes from innovation and teamwork, a guy that simply knows how to play a guitar is no better than the guy that simply knows how to process the sound.
    This is a terrible comparison brah. Fukking awful in fact. You over analyzed the chit out of it. Yes, it took a team to produce that video, but the guy still had to play the guitar. You're saying this as though he isn't able to play it if the team isn't there to record it. If you saw this guy in the street playing it, it would still be the same music.

Pronger didn't say "Check out this awesomely produced video of this guitar player. Look at the quality of the video and the production values overall. It's really amazing chit brahs." No, he said there's much more to the guitar than a few chords and then he posted an example of someone playing a damn guitar.

Also in this day in age, just about any serious musician has to also learn how to record and produce their own music, along with writing it and playing your own instruments. There is probably an extremely small percentage of starving musicians that don't know how to do this, because you aren't gonna make it brah if you can't.
    Well under 10 lines crew
    Wtf m8 crew

\m/ Metal crew
    Misc Photography crew
    PC Master race

That kid who WILL make it BroWhoLifts150's Avatar
    BroWhoLifts150 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BroWhoLifts150 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BroWhoLifts150 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BroWhoLifts150 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BroWhoLifts150 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BroWhoLifts150 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BroWhoLifts150 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BroWhoLifts150 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BroWhoLifts150 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BroWhoLifts150 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BroWhoLifts150 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Talking

Cannot post skin flute. Sorry OP
    Train insane or remain the same

"Nothing easy ever led to something great" -Me

Registered Ruser Jalalalalalala's Avatar
    Jalalalalalala is just really nice. (+1000) Jalalalalalala is just really nice. (+1000) Jalalalalalala is just really nice. (+1000) Jalalalalalala is just really nice. (+1000) Jalalalalalala is just really nice. (+1000) Jalalalalalala is just really nice. (+1000) Jalalalalalala is just really nice. (+1000) Jalalalalalala is just really nice. (+1000) Jalalalalalala is just really nice. (+1000) Jalalalalalala is just really nice. (+1000) Jalalalalalala is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yamaha P95

Looking to get a silent piano but they're expensive as fuk. Poor student brah. When will it be my turn.
    - Pianist crew
    - Always pick 2 crew
    - Leave opened condom wrappers around the house so my cat thinks I have sex crew
    - Cry myself to sleep every night crew
    - Use tears as lube to wank with crew
    - Cat always watches me do this crew
    - Lost virginity to a car exhaust crew
    - Limp wristed ******* crew
    - Slack jawed ******* crew

JustGravy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JustGravy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JustGravy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JustGravy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JustGravy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JustGravy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JustGravy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JustGravy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JustGravy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JustGravy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JustGravy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by ShoryuBrah View Post
    This is a terrible comparison brah. Fukking awful in fact. You over analyzed the chit out of it. Yes, it took a team to produce that video, but the guy still had to play the guitar. You're saying this as though he isn't able to play it if the team isn't there to record it. If you saw this guy in the street playing it, it would still be the same music.

Pronger didn't say "Check out this awesomely produced video of this guitar player. Look at the quality of the video and the production values overall. It's really amazing chit brahs." No, he said there's much more to the guitar than a few chords and then he posted an example of someone playing a damn guitar.

Also in this day in age, just about any serious musician has to also learn how to record and produce their own music, along with writing it and playing your own instruments. There is probably an extremely small percentage of starving musicians that don't know how to do this, because you aren't gonna make it brah if you can't.

I think you are significantly under estimating the difference professional recording makes. I don't deny that it will be the same music, it will definitely be the same music but it will not sound anywhere near as good. Coupled with that, it wouldn't be as entertaining to watch either as it's quite repetitive.

What pronger is saying is that guitarists should be respected more than someone that doesn't play a "real instrument" (ie MIDI controller) on the fallacy that guitarists "create their own sounds". He supported his argument with a video showing the exact opposite.

Any serious musician I know focuses on their specialised instrument of choice and doesn't waste time trying to be a one man band. Sound engineers have jobs for a reason, if all musicians knew how to properly record and master their tracks then there would be a lot more local good quality music around.

I think you are significantly under estimating the difference professional recording makes. I don't deny that it will be the same music, it will definitely be the same music but it will not sound anywhere near as good. Coupled with that, it wouldn't be as entertaining to watch either as it's quite repetitive.

What pronger is saying is that guitarists should be respected more than someone that doesn't play a "real instrument" (ie MIDI controller) on the fallacy that guitarists "create their own sounds". He supported his argument with a video showing the exact opposite.

Any serious musician I know focuses on their specialised instrument of choice and doesn't waste time trying to be a one man band. Sound engineers have jobs for a reason, if all musicians knew how to properly record and master their tracks then there would be a lot more local good quality music around.
    Holy chit you are completely missing the point bropeth. You may as well go back and say someone had to cut down the tree used to create the guitar being played. A company had to create those mics because the sound engineer sure as fuk didn't.

Also I never said they would have to know how to record/master to a degree of professionalism, but just get it done to a decent quality. But while we're on that topic a ton of the artists I listen to know how to properly record and master their own music on a professional level. In this day in age with all the tools available to just about everyone, it is becoming less of a specialized skill.
    Well under 10 lines crew
    Wtf m8 crew

\m/ Metal crew
    Misc Photography crew
    PC Master race

thegrim1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thegrim1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thegrim1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thegrim1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thegrim1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thegrim1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thegrim1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thegrim1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thegrim1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thegrim1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thegrim1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I cant post pics yet but when I can I'll throw one up. I have a 2009 fender american standard J-Bass, 3 color sunburst with turtle shell pickguard and maple neck (4 string). 2008 Schecter Stilleto Elite-5 (5string). To power it all I have an Ampeg SVT classic 300 with an 8x10 cabinet. My friends nicknamed it the wall of doom. I cant turn it up past about 4 or 5 for fear of bringing down all the stuff in my house.

Ive never played a banjo but Ive always wanted to get one and try, I love them. (No Deliverance)

Mirin all the Taylor, Breedlove, and Martin acoustic brahs. Dat craftsmanship..

derekmaloney5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) derekmaloney5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) derekmaloney5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) derekmaloney5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) derekmaloney5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) derekmaloney5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) derekmaloney5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) derekmaloney5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) derekmaloney5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) derekmaloney5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) derekmaloney5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Holy chit you are completely missing the point bropeth. You may as well go back and say someone had to cut down the tree used to create the guitar being played. A company had to create those mics because the sound engineer sure as fuk didn't.

Also I never said they would have to know how to record/master to a degree of professionalism, but just get it done to a decent quality. But while we're on that topic a ton of the artists I listen to know how to properly record and master their own music on a professional level. In this day in age with all the tools available to just about everyone, it is becoming less of a specialized skill.
    The point is that guitarists are no better than a sound engineer that plays a MIDI controller. The only thing relevant here is the entertainment value, the 2 factors being audio and visual (video in the example). Both the guitarist and sound engineer are responsible for the audio and the video by the video director. The point is that guitarists aren't amazing by themselves, nor are sound engineers (or video directors etc).

How are you not understanding this?

TrueManc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TrueManc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TrueManc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TrueManc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TrueManc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TrueManc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TrueManc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TrueManc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TrueManc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TrueManc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TrueManc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    The point is that guitarists are no better than a sound engineer that plays a MIDI controller. The only thing relevant here is the entertainment value, the 2 factors being audio and visual (video in the example). Both the guitarist and sound engineer are responsible for the audio and the video by the video director. The point is that guitarists aren't amazing by themselves, nor are sound engineers (or video directors etc).

Define 'better'. If you're claiming that sound engineering takes as much skill or creativity as playing an instrument at a high level than you're dead wrong. Knowledge/experience maybe but not skill.

RudeKong is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RudeKong is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RudeKong is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RudeKong is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RudeKong is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RudeKong is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RudeKong is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RudeKong is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RudeKong is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RudeKong is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RudeKong is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Ampeg pf500 on top of an ampeg 410 cab. also have a washburn electric and ibanez acoustic/electric.
    hard to hate on a fellow wings fan but....

i need to cut... badly.

No, I fukking get what you're trying to say. My point is that was just one god damn example out of hundreds of thousands of possible examples. If he posted a guy playing a guitar that was self produced, self shot, and self edited, would you still be making these posts? This is not a discussion on sound fidelity or production values, but you sort of turned it into one. Get it? I've heard plenty of old chitty recordings on old tapes done by guitarists and they still blow me away. Sometimes I enjoy chitty sounding self produced demos (relatively speaking) to the final studio version.
    Well under 10 lines crew
    Wtf m8 crew

\m/ Metal crew
    Misc Photography crew
    PC Master race

Originally Posted by TrueManc View Post
    Define 'better'. If you're claiming that sound engineering takes as much skill or creativity as playing an instrument at a high level than you're dead wrong. Knowledge/experience maybe but not skill.
    "Skill: the ability to do something well; expertise."

"Creativity: the use of imagination or original ideas to create something; inventiveness."

I am claiming both take the same amount of skill, correct. Both musicians and sound engineers are paid a lot money to be experts in their field. In general, musicians are not the sole creator of their music, in many cases sound engineers also compose songs and in many cases don't. In the case of a band, a lot of the time it is just a couple of band members that write all the songs and songs are often bought from other song writers/composers. It is generally accepted that the most creative part of music is the composing and writing of the song. A musician will play as written and a sound engineer will record and master as appropriate. There is definitely a creative aspect for both, neither one significantly more than the other. Although, I would probably argue that sound engineers require more creativity and innovation.

It would be obvious that both are knowledgeable and experienced musically.

Bruthar is a name known to all. (+5000) Bruthar is a name known to all. (+5000) Bruthar is a name known to all. (+5000) Bruthar is a name known to all. (+5000) Bruthar is a name known to all. (+5000) Bruthar is a name known to all. (+5000) Bruthar is a name known to all. (+5000) Bruthar is a name known to all. (+5000) Bruthar is a name known to all. (+5000) Bruthar is a name known to all. (+5000) Bruthar is a name known to all. (+5000)

No, I fukking get what you're trying to say. My point is that was just one god damn example out of hundreds of thousands of possible examples. If he posted a guy playing a guitar that was self produced, self shot, and self edited, would you still be making these posts? This is not a discussion on sound fidelity or production values, but you sort of turned it into one. Get it? I've heard plenty of old chitty recordings on old tapes done by guitarists and they still blow me away. Sometimes I enjoy chitty sounding self produced demos (relatively speaking) to the final studio version.
    I don't understand your argument. If he had posted that then it would not be relevant, my argument is based on the majority. The video posted was relevant because it was a good example of a talented guitarist with commercial level entertainment value.

Likewise I have heard plenty of ****ty written songs with great mastering and recording and they blow me away too.

"Skill: the ability to do something well; expertise."

"Creativity: the use of imagination or original ideas to create something; inventiveness."

I am claiming both take the same amount of skill, correct. Both musicians and sound engineers are paid a lot money to be experts in their field. In general, musicians are not the sole creator of their music, in many cases sound engineers also compose songs and in many cases don't. In the case of a band, a lot of the time it is just a couple of band members that write all the songs and songs are often bought from other song writers/composers. It is generally accepted that the most creative part of music is the composing and writing of the song. A musician will play as written and a sound engineer will record and master as appropriate. There is definitely a creative aspect for both, neither one significantly more than the other. Although, I would probably argue that sound engineers require more creativity and innovation.

It would be obvious that both are knowledgeable and experienced musically.
    You sound like a non-musician.

As a professional musician, gigging c10 times per month, with a diploma and around 8 years' experience in live and studio engineering, I can safely say that you're talking out of your arse.

bdolzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) bdolzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) bdolzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) bdolzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) bdolzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) bdolzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) bdolzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) bdolzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) bdolzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) bdolzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) bdolzz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Leem182 View Post
    Pianos aren't cool.
    soooo false.

Originally Posted by TrueManc View Post
    You sound like a non-musician.

As a professional musician, gigging c10 times per month, with a diploma and around 8 years' experience in live and studio engineering, I can safely say that you're talking out of your arse.
    Elaborate, can you be specific on what I have said that is not true or inaccurate? For someone like yourself that is active in the industry, it surprises me that you made your original statement.

simpson54 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) simpson54 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) simpson54 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) simpson54 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) simpson54 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) simpson54 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) simpson54 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) simpson54 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) simpson54 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) simpson54 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) simpson54 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Taylor 410, 414 and GS mini

early 90's strat ultras
    Best lifts: 740 raw/455 raw/750 raw 785 SP