BradyEli86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Can't gain weight???

I am 6' 1'', 169 lbs, with 170 usually being the max I can hit. I hit hard workouts 4-5 times a week for 1 1/2-2 hours a day. I keep cardio to a minimum. The biggest concern I have is I am seeing results, i.e. reps and weight are increasing and body is looking more tone/cut, however I am not putting on weight. I have a very dedicated diet plan:

Bfast:
    4 eggs
    banana
    AMP 100% Whey Protein shake (only on lift days)

Snack:
    Carrots

Preworkout:
    C4
    M5
    Banana

Postworkout/Lunch:
    AMP 100% Whey Protein Shake in skim milk
    2 peanut butter sandwiches
    2 cans of tuna

Snack:
    Carrots
    Mixed fruit

Dinner:
    Spaghetti with 80/20 ground beef
    Mixed veggies
    Milk
    2 amino tabs

This is what I eat everyday plus 10+ glasses of water and stay away from all fast food. Am I just needing to give it more time or what should I substitute out/add to my diet to improve?

cctone93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cctone93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    How long have you been lifting? And how many calories are you consuming per day? It's not necessarily a matter of what you should substitute in your diet, you probably simply need to eat more

GrowMacGrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrowMacGrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrowMacGrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrowMacGrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrowMacGrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrowMacGrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrowMacGrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrowMacGrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrowMacGrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrowMacGrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrowMacGrow will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Eat more calories by adding 200-300 to your daily intaek and reduce your workout days for 5 to 3-4 days so that you decrease total TDEE for the week.

Focus on hitting each muscle group at least twice a week with either a;

1. full body workout 3xweek
    2. upper and lower body split (twice each week)

i would also recommend drinking milk each meal, and make sure its whole milk.

gazing600000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gazing600000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gazing600000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Add some of ON serious mass and you'll bulk up like s**t working 4 me!

KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000)
    If you can't gain weight, eat more. If you gain too much weight, eat a bit less. If you want to lose weight, eat less. Simple.

Efilon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Efilon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Efilon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Efilon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Efilon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Efilon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Efilon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Efilon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Efilon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Efilon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Efilon is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Eat more as people are saying. I know it's not what you want to hear, but it is what you need.
    You use a lot of supplements, they shouldn't replace food, only help out where you can't reach your caloric goals.

Maximizing Potential brandonbourgoin's Avatar
    brandonbourgoin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brandonbourgoin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brandonbourgoin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brandonbourgoin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brandonbourgoin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brandonbourgoin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brandonbourgoin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brandonbourgoin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brandonbourgoin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brandonbourgoin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brandonbourgoin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Your not eating enough.. Its simple. Try to eat calorie dense foods like peanut butter, almonds, honey, big macs, fried food, etc
    My 70LB+ Weight Loss Pics - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163257811
    Log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=164577071&pagenumber=
    ~~SCC{{25;26;27;28;29}}~~

Originally Posted by cctone93 View Post
    How long have you been lifting? And how many calories are you consuming per day? It's not necessarily a matter of what you should substitute in your diet, you probably simply need to eat more
    I have been lifting on a regular schedule for 8 months. You can notice a MASSIVE difference in my tone and overall strength, however the weight has remained constant. I don't actually keep track of calories, I mainly keep track of protein and carbs, as per my diet plan I mentioned is heavily geared towards full protein and carb meals.

Originally Posted by GrowMacGrow View Post
    Eat more calories by adding 200-300 to your daily intaek and reduce your workout days for 5 to 3-4 days so that you decrease total TDEE for the week.

Focus on hitting each muscle group at least twice a week with either a;

1. full body workout 3xweek
    2. upper and lower body split (twice each week)

i would also recommend drinking milk each meal, and make sure its whole milk.
    My current workout is normally 4 days a week with them incorporating a chest/tris, back/bis, shoulder/forearms, and leg days. Weekends are off days and Wednesdays I usually go in to just do 20 minutes of abs. I was afraid to try whole milk because I thought it would gain to much weight, but if adding in milk to every meal across the day would help, worth a shot.

Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    eat 10 servings of peanut butter (2 tbsp a serving), you will gain weight.
    There is always someone less fortunate, with real hunger, with real adversity, who made something of themselves. What is your excuse?

XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by BradyEli86 View Post
    My current workout is normally 4 days a week with them incorporating a chest/tris, back/bis, shoulder/forearms, and leg days. Weekends are off days and Wednesdays I usually go in to just do 20 minutes of abs. I was afraid to try whole milk because I thought it would gain to much weight, but if adding in milk to every meal across the day would help, worth a shot.
    If you want to do a split, a Push/Pull/Legs routine would be better.

Originally Posted by gazing600000 View Post
    Add some of ON serious mass and you'll bulk up like s**t working 4 me!
    My SGT in the Marines has been using ON and has done wonders for him (Already big guy as is). With an improved caloric intake and adding ON do the job?
    (Current/Goal)

I saw a vein in my bicep today. So, guess you could say things are gettin' pretty serious.

Originally Posted by XCRunner9 View Post
    If you want to do a split, a Push/Pull/Legs routine would be better.
    Okay, my one month on this current workout routine ends this week so I may go to the PPL routine. Done it in the past and was quite happy with the overall results.
    (Current/Goal)

I saw a vein in my bicep today. So, guess you could say things are gettin' pretty serious.

Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by BradyEli86 View Post
    My SGT in the Marines has been using ON and has done wonders for him (Already big guy as is). With an improved caloric intake and adding ON do the job?
    ON is simply calories, nothing more than that. You just need more food. Don't be afraid of fat, you made no mention of your fat intake. If you want to do this right you really should track calories and macros.

Originally Posted by Mdenatale View Post
    ON is simply calories, nothing more than that. You just need more food. Don't be afraid of fat, you made no mention of your fat intake. If you want to do this right you really should track calories and macros.
    That was definitely my biggest downfall so far I believe. I have tracked proteins and carbs, with about 150-200 g of protein a day, however after reading these posts and calculating my caloric intake per day, I'm hitting about 2000 calories max. I plan on doing 10 tbsp of peanut butter a day, adding vegetable oil to meals, and 2 gallons of milk a week. Possibly some more calorie dense foods as time pasts. Thanks for all the help!
    (Current/Goal)