Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Soforak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Soforak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Soforak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Soforak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Soforak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Soforak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Soforak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Soforak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Soforak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Soforak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Soforak is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Tribute to the M3 Kevin Levrone! His top 6 best showings!

Hey everyone!

Thanks for tuning in for a new edition of my so called ''tribute to..'' series here on BB.com!

Summer is getting near its final days and we all know what that means, it means the Mr Olympia is getting closer and closer by the second. We are currently on the 7 weeks out mark and many of our idols and favorites are getting their physiques together to display what might be their best showing to date.

Now, we all know, that most pros competing nowadays are amazing, we all idolize and be inspired them for their showings and hard work, regardless of whichever pro it might be. But let's be clear here, 10s have just started, by the time we reach the year 2019-2020 we will have a pretty good grasp on weither this era can be defined as THE GREATEST bodybuilding era of all time.

Talking about the greatest era of all time. One era that we all seemingly love to return back to and look at footage is the 90s. It was simply the heat of the battle for many bodybuilding fans. We had some of the best physiques of all time gracing the stage, we had some of the best conditioning of all time. One of these physiques is one guy that many people do consider an uncrowned Mr Olympia, myself included.

He carried a record of 22 pro wins including 2 Arnold Classic titles (94 and 96) and 4 Runner ups in the Mr Olympia (92,95,00, 02). Throughout his whole career,Kevin Levrone had never stepped outside the top 6 at the Mr Olympia, his lowest placings being the 93 Olympia where he had a pec tair and 2003 where Kevin was simply off.

Please do note that this is personal opinions and your opinion may differ, as always, tell me what you think

Now ladies and gentlemen, one of our all time favorite bodybuilder, the Maryland Muscle Machine's top 6 best showings!

6th Place: 1992 Mr Olympia
    (can't add picture cause the stupid message tells me I've added 9 pics..I apologise)..
    This was the very start for Kevin, he'd just came out of the NPC and one his pro debute which was the 92' NoC (New York Pro). Kevin ended up placing 2nd to Dorian Yates and truly made his mark on the scene. Why's this 6th? Well Kevin's back was flat, his condition (although the picture makes him seem skinless) was not at its best and he was not as big as he later became. BUT, he was very aestethically pleasing to look at, which he earned a 2nd place price for.

5th Place: 2000 Mr Olympia

Kevin had placed 3rd in that years Arnold, and was counted out by many not to have a shot. But he came back, ripped to shreads. His back was once again flat but it had the thickness that people asked for. His delts, and many people are in awe when seeing his 00' Olympia showing, showcased for the first time in history the much sought after 3D effect. That being said, the reason why this isn't higher is simply because his 2002 Showing was better and even if it were better than 02' the 2000 O' Showing will not contend for top 3 in my list unfortunatly. (a side note, the 00' Mr Olympia lightning was horrible and made everybody except Ronnie look flat as hell)

4th Place: 2002 Mr Olympia

One of the most memorable Levrone showings in recent history, Kevin had a beautiful posing routine accompanied by beautiful shape and added thickness to his back. The legs were shredded but not as full as the higher placed showings on this list. The reason this beats the 1992 and 2000 showings is his overall presentation and added dimension.Kevin came in in the high 240s and displayed a full round and separated physique losing arguably narrowly to a sliiiiiiiiighly off Coleman.

3rd Place: 1994 Mr Olympia

After a terrifying pec-tair and 5th place at the 93 Olympia, Kevin came back, won the Arnold and got a bronze medal behind Shawn Ray and Dorian Yates. He was full, he was balanced (unlike the previous 2) top-bottom and had crazy FISH and asparagus conditioning. I'll go as far as saying this showing could have picked a top 2 spot, but his Arnold in the same year was simply damn near perfect.

2nd Place: 1994 Arnold Classic

The before mentioned 1994 Arnold displayed beautiful symmetry and aestethics, it's weird because you would expect him to be off considering the fact that he fell off when he had that pec-tare in 1993. Yet Kevin came back and showcased a massive and shredded back, thick set of wheels and as always a beautiful champion routine. How did this not finish first with all that being said? this was near perfect, the winner is F****** PERFECT.

and the winner of M3's top 6 showing is..

1st Place: 1995 Mr Olympia!!

For the first time ever, Kevin had nailed every aspect of his game. This is a physique I'd love to have walking around, this is a physique I'd love to have while competing, this is a physique that's PERFECT. He came in, his back was THICK and DRY (which he imo never replecated again.. ), he displayed amazing quadsweep and full round musclebellies he became known for, there was no 3D to be called upon his delts at the time as Playstation one was not out in the US yet . He placed 2nd and Im sorry to all DY fans (I am one too ofc..) but Kevin looked better than DY that year.

Honorable mentions:
    1996 Arnold Classic¨
    1997 Grand Prix Tours
    1999 Mr Olympia

And there you have it folks, my TOP 6 of my 2nd favorite bodybuilder of all time!
    Hope you enjoyed and let me know your opinions!
    Thanks !
    I think Cedric should become Mr Olympia before the age of 40.
    dealwithit.jpg

SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ty for the thread.

definitely should have included some '92 pics :/. you only included 5 pics so that doesn't make sense. I don't agree with '02 O being there. If you look at some other pics his legs look wayy too small to be better than 2000 or even '92. the other showings you put on are great though

I am having a hard time finding '92 O pics. here's a good one ty to iceman

another amazing showing of his imo was '92 NoC

Last edited by SammyJr; 08-03-2014 at 08:19 AM.
    Full Blown Baby
    Kevin Levrone 100 lbs in my face

Medical Student - Class of 2021 ! :)

spamy is a name known to all. (+5000) spamy is a name known to all. (+5000) spamy is a name known to all. (+5000) spamy is a name known to all. (+5000) spamy is a name known to all. (+5000) spamy is a name known to all. (+5000) spamy is a name known to all. (+5000) spamy is a name known to all. (+5000) spamy is a name known to all. (+5000) spamy is a name known to all. (+5000) spamy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    No bald Levrone? He was a beast. Of course, Ronnie was even more of a beast.

Last edited by spamy; 08-03-2014 at 08:27 AM.

JaxVilleNick has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JaxVilleNick has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JaxVilleNick has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JaxVilleNick has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JaxVilleNick has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JaxVilleNick has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JaxVilleNick has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JaxVilleNick has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JaxVilleNick has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JaxVilleNick has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JaxVilleNick has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    quality thread, and what a quality physique.

Canuck77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Canuck77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Canuck77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Canuck77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Canuck77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Canuck77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Canuck77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Canuck77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Canuck77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Canuck77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Canuck77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Agree with all aside from '02, not his best IMHO. Great thread though.

I have to give a mention to the '99 English Grand Prix routine. 0:39 SHABAMMM!

THE LEVRONE 2016 MR. OLYMPIA COMEBACK
    (Official announcement through Special Invite as of 05/07/16)

"Kick ass, stay strong, keep pumping up the volume baby...Maryland Muscle Machine in the house and we are SHABAMMM!!! outta' here!"

- Kevin Levrone

RockyTheKid is just really nice. (+1000) RockyTheKid is just really nice. (+1000) RockyTheKid is just really nice. (+1000) RockyTheKid is just really nice. (+1000) RockyTheKid is just really nice. (+1000) RockyTheKid is just really nice. (+1000) RockyTheKid is just really nice. (+1000) RockyTheKid is just really nice. (+1000) RockyTheKid is just really nice. (+1000) RockyTheKid is just really nice. (+1000) RockyTheKid is just really nice. (+1000)
    1. 1995 Olympia

2. 1993 Olympia

3. 2002 Olympia

4. 2000 Olympia

5. 1999 English Grand Prix

Soforak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Soforak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Soforak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Soforak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Soforak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Soforak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Soforak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Soforak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Soforak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Soforak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Soforak is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by SammyJr View Post
    ty for the thread.

definitely should have included some '92 pics :/. you only included 5 pics so that doesn't make sense. I don't agree with '02 O being there. If you look at some other pics his legs look wayy too small to be better than 2000 or even '92. the other showings you put on are great though

I am having a hard time finding '92 O pics. here's a good one ty to iceman

another amazing showing of his imo was '92 NoC

Thanks Sammy i don't know man, I included 6 pictures as usual I get a message telling me I've included 9 pictures and only allowed 8

Thank you for your pics though big help
    dealwithit.jpg

Originally Posted by spamy View Post
    No bald Levrone? He was a beast. Of course, Ronnie was even more of a beast.

His condition while being bald wasn't at its best imo except the 97 GP tours :/
    dealwithit.jpg

RockyTheKid is just really nice. (+1000) RockyTheKid is just really nice. (+1000) RockyTheKid is just really nice. (+1000) RockyTheKid is just really nice. (+1000) RockyTheKid is just really nice. (+1000) RockyTheKid is just really nice. (+1000) RockyTheKid is just really nice. (+1000) RockyTheKid is just really nice. (+1000) RockyTheKid is just really nice. (+1000) RockyTheKid is just really nice. (+1000) RockyTheKid is just really nice. (+1000)
    LOL you can't look at all those Levrone pics and NOT notice he did SOMETHING to his face.

I STILL can't pinpoint what area, though. Maybe his nose, maybe his cheeks...but it seems that he changed something when he decided he wanted to go "Hollywood".

Canuck77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Canuck77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Canuck77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Canuck77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Canuck77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Canuck77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Canuck77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Canuck77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Canuck77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Canuck77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Canuck77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by RockyTheKid View Post
    LOL you can't look at all those Levrone pics and NOT notice he did SOMETHING to his face.

I STILL can't pinpoint what area, though. Maybe his nose, maybe his cheeks...but it seems that he changed something when he decided he wanted to go "Hollywood".
    Levrone always had a strong death face due to his conditioning, it caused his cheek bones to protrude or be more prominent. Now his face is just regular as he no longer competes and is at a healthy body fat percent. Some guys the conditioning really shows in their face, Frank McGrath is another, contest and off season, looks like two different people. I could be wrong but that is how I see it with the differences in Levrone's face from his competitive days compared to now.

"Kick ass, stay strong, keep pumping up the volume baby...Maryland Muscle Machine in the house and we are SHABAMMM!!! outta' here!"

- Kevin Levrone

massakra will become famous soon enough. (+50) massakra will become famous soon enough. (+50) massakra will become famous soon enough. (+50) massakra will become famous soon enough. (+50) massakra will become famous soon enough. (+50) massakra will become famous soon enough. (+50) massakra will become famous soon enough. (+50) massakra will become famous soon enough. (+50) massakra will become famous soon enough. (+50) massakra will become famous soon enough. (+50) massakra will become famous soon enough. (+50)

He had a nose job.

-RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Great thread.

Although I liked the '02 O, I agree his legs weren't quite there. He showed incredible conditioning at the '96 AC.

I'm pretty sure he said he was most surprised he didn't win the O after 2000, but also liked his '02 physique a lot, minus the legs.

2000 pre-judging. 3:00 - ab shot with insane conditioning.

1996 AC interview. 3:55 - strongest death face I've ever seen.

Originally Posted by -RiK- View Post
    Great thread.

Although I liked the '02 O, I agree his legs weren't quite there. He showed incredible conditioning at the '96 AC.

I'm pretty sure he said he was most surprised he didn't win the O after 2000, but also liked his '02 physique a lot, minus the legs.

2000 pre-judging. 3:00 - ab shot with insane conditioning.

1996 AC interview. 3:55 - strongest death face I've ever seen.
    I've always had great respect for the work ethic he had. Claimed to have gone on fish and asparagus diet for months at a time to get that dead condition look. We don't hear or see many pros doing it that way nowadays!

edit: man, he sure took his time on that 00' prejudging :P
    dealwithit.jpg

weightsb4dates has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) weightsb4dates has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) weightsb4dates has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) weightsb4dates has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) weightsb4dates has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) weightsb4dates has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) weightsb4dates has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) weightsb4dates has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) weightsb4dates has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) weightsb4dates has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) weightsb4dates has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    kev and ronnie. ronnie looks more conditioned, but is just un appealing for my taste, kev retains his aesthetic look, and still looks hyoooge! 23" biceps in ya face!

kev and phil

love these comparisons
    Last edited by weightsb4dates; 08-04-2014 at 12:15 PM. Reason: removed shopped photo of kev

Unbiasedfan is a name known to all. (+5000) Unbiasedfan is a name known to all. (+5000) Unbiasedfan is a name known to all. (+5000) Unbiasedfan is a name known to all. (+5000) Unbiasedfan is a name known to all. (+5000) Unbiasedfan is a name known to all. (+5000) Unbiasedfan is a name known to all. (+5000) Unbiasedfan is a name known to all. (+5000) Unbiasedfan is a name known to all. (+5000) Unbiasedfan is a name known to all. (+5000) Unbiasedfan is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by weightsb4dates View Post
    this is the GOAT levrone photo
    Hope you are a troll, for your sake.

weightsb4dates has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) weightsb4dates has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) weightsb4dates has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) weightsb4dates has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) weightsb4dates has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) weightsb4dates has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) weightsb4dates has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) weightsb4dates has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) weightsb4dates has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) weightsb4dates has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) weightsb4dates has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Unbiasedfan View Post
    Hope you are a troll, for your sake.
    not trllin, i love that photo of kev, he looks like a tank, why so much hate on that shot, i realize its not a stage shot but looks insane!

Poppin Rolaids like Candy PillClinton's Avatar
    PillClinton is a name known to all. (+5000) PillClinton is a name known to all. (+5000) PillClinton is a name known to all. (+5000) PillClinton is a name known to all. (+5000) PillClinton is a name known to all. (+5000) PillClinton is a name known to all. (+5000) PillClinton is a name known to all. (+5000) PillClinton is a name known to all. (+5000) PillClinton is a name known to all. (+5000) PillClinton is a name known to all. (+5000) PillClinton is a name known to all. (+5000)
    not trllin, i love that photo of kev, he looks like a tank, why so much hate on that shot, i realize its not a stage shot but looks insane!
    definitely not a stage-shot... its a photoshop

RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Originally Posted by PillClinton View Post
    definitely not a stage-shot... its a photoshop
    Originally Posted by RoroCwalker View Post
    still a dope shot, removing tho no worries

Ikatsu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ikatsu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ikatsu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ikatsu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ikatsu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ikatsu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ikatsu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ikatsu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ikatsu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ikatsu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ikatsu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    my personal fav:

Originally Posted by Ikatsu View Post
    my personal fav:
    How the hell do you become a mass monster with a waist like that, seriously he had to have at least put on 20lbs in 2 years..
    dealwithit.jpg

ubsx will become famous soon enough. (+50) ubsx will become famous soon enough. (+50) ubsx will become famous soon enough. (+50) ubsx will become famous soon enough. (+50) ubsx will become famous soon enough. (+50) ubsx will become famous soon enough. (+50) ubsx will become famous soon enough. (+50) ubsx will become famous soon enough. (+50) ubsx will become famous soon enough. (+50) ubsx will become famous soon enough. (+50) ubsx will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Soforak View Post
    How the hell do you become a mass monster with a waist like that, seriously he had to have at least put on 20lbs in 2 years..
    INSANE response to certain supplements that we can buy on bb.com
    Our Arnold, whose arms are heavy,
    Vascular be thy veins
    Nine sets of lunges,ten reps be done,
    To add girth as it is to strengthen.
    Give us this day our daily protein,and forgive us our fats,
    As we forgive those who eat fast food.
    And lead us not into overtraining,nor deliver us pizzas,
    For thou art the king of the dumbell,the power clean,and the steroids forever,
    Amen.

TEAM CENTOPANI
    TEAM WOLF

Originally Posted by ubsx View Post
    I thought it was Bio-Gro...

- Kevin Levrone

Weider Mega Mass 5000 was awesome.

And if you stacked it with Dynamic Muscle Builder...oh, man.

OH, MAN.

Weider Mega Mass 5000 was awesome.

And if you stacked it with Dynamic Muscle Builder...oh, man.

OH, MAN.
    Originally Posted by Canuck77 View Post
    I thought it was Bio-Gro...
    Originally Posted by ubsx View Post
    So if I combine creatine with bio-gro and use my multivitamins I'll probbaly react the same way ^^
    dealwithit.jpg

ubsx will become famous soon enough. (+50) ubsx will become famous soon enough. (+50) ubsx will become famous soon enough. (+50) ubsx will become famous soon enough. (+50) ubsx will become famous soon enough. (+50) ubsx will become famous soon enough. (+50) ubsx will become famous soon enough. (+50) ubsx will become famous soon enough. (+50) ubsx will become famous soon enough. (+50) ubsx will become famous soon enough. (+50) ubsx will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    So if I combine creatine with bio-gro and use my multivitamins I'll probbaly react the same way ^^

Now I'm not condoning the use of supplements but if you take these you will be Mr.Olympia in no time.
    Our Arnold, whose arms are heavy,
    Vascular be thy veins
    Nine sets of lunges,ten reps be done,
    To add girth as it is to strengthen.
    Give us this day our daily protein,and forgive us our fats,
    As we forgive those who eat fast food.
    And lead us not into overtraining,nor deliver us pizzas,
    For thou art the king of the dumbell,the power clean,and the steroids forever,
    Amen.

TEAM CENTOPANI
    TEAM WOLF

Can't forget these!

Classic Vintage...Pump Up The Volume! Sammy, aren't these those one piece striped spandex suits you usually train in?

- Kevin Levrone

Repost but for those who have never seen the full videos here are Full Blown and M3...hhhhhhhhnnnnnnnnnnnggggggg

Last edited by Canuck77; 08-11-2014 at 08:27 AM.

- Kevin Levrone

OH, MAN.

Dem Levrone feelz, man.

You made me cry.

Now make me smile, Levrone!