vhenley164 is a name known to all. (+5000) vhenley164 is a name known to all. (+5000) vhenley164 is a name known to all. (+5000) vhenley164 is a name known to all. (+5000) vhenley164 is a name known to all. (+5000) vhenley164 is a name known to all. (+5000) vhenley164 is a name known to all. (+5000) vhenley164 is a name known to all. (+5000) vhenley164 is a name known to all. (+5000) vhenley164 is a name known to all. (+5000) vhenley164 is a name known to all. (+5000)

Question Trx suspension straps

My gym has just installed Trx suspension straps. Does anyone use these? What are your thoughts on them? Worth using or just another gimmicky piece of gym equipment?

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by vhenley164 View Post
    My gym has just installed Trx suspension straps. Does anyone use these? What are your thoughts on them? Worth using or just another gimmicky piece of gym equipment?
    Those are terrible, they take up so much valuable room and people hog up the power racks with those so people who are actually there to lift weights have to wait around. Now if they set up a special area for TRX like in the parking lot, then I fully support that plan.

People are perpetual children I swear, always needing some gimmicky new colorful thing to entertain them. Jeez, go lift some weights, eat a reasonable diet, and get some rest, it's really not that hard. I want to tie up these damn TRX-ers by their underwear and leave them dangling from the power rack.
    /rant
    Current PRs:
    Bench Press: 200x1
    Deads: 315x1
    Back Squats: 275x1

*Team Amazon* - Sisterhood of Iron
    *Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I haven't seen anyone use TRX straps for any exercise that couldn't be done as good or better WITHOUT the straps. So yeah, gimmicky.

Originally Posted by thehobbes View Post
    if they set up a special area for TRX like in the parking lot
    Behind a dumpster.
    Somewhere in Asia.

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ^^^heehee exactly!

BRB sending over TRX straps to a poverty stricken third world country, they'd be like wtf is this poverty equipment! I'm going back to bench pressing rusty car parts and getting tetanus.

SRS this epidemic needs to end!
    Current PRs:
    Bench Press: 200x1
    Deads: 315x1
    Back Squats: 275x1

*Team Amazon* - Sisterhood of Iron
    *Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

AnnalisaLynn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AnnalisaLynn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AnnalisaLynn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AnnalisaLynn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AnnalisaLynn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AnnalisaLynn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AnnalisaLynn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AnnalisaLynn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AnnalisaLynn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AnnalisaLynn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AnnalisaLynn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    TRX straps can be fun but I agree that they need their own place and that's not in the middle of the weight room. Very annoying when you need the cables and you have to wait on baby-mama to finish her 800th suspended mountain climber.
    I actually really like them mainly for reverse rows as it allows me to change hand positioning and for some core work variations but tbh I still rarely use them. However I wouldn't go so far as to wipe them off of the face of the earth :P If it gets people motivated and excited about training then it's ok in my books!

Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000)
    Fully agree they should be in their own space in a gym but disagree on the total writing off of them as a 'fad'. I've invested in a set for my home gym and some exercises just kill me. Watched my coach post a video of how she uses them as a part of her routine and tried some of the stuff she does and became thoroughly humiliated ) They, like everything else are a tool in the toolbox but a gym should understand / plan how to position them so that they don't detract from the use of other tools

CC
    “Toughness is in the soul and spirit, not in muscles.” Alex Karras

Follow me on IG: @Cardioconvert

vhenley164 is a name known to all. (+5000) vhenley164 is a name known to all. (+5000) vhenley164 is a name known to all. (+5000) vhenley164 is a name known to all. (+5000) vhenley164 is a name known to all. (+5000) vhenley164 is a name known to all. (+5000) vhenley164 is a name known to all. (+5000) vhenley164 is a name known to all. (+5000) vhenley164 is a name known to all. (+5000) vhenley164 is a name known to all. (+5000) vhenley164 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Thanks for the input. Luckily these are kept out of the way of the weights.

Can they be any worse than the weird vibrating power plate that people hang off of

jgpfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jgpfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jgpfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jgpfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jgpfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jgpfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jgpfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jgpfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jgpfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jgpfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Cardioconvert View Post
    Fully agree they should be in their own space in a gym but disagree on the total writing off of them as a 'fad'. I've invested in a set for my home gym and some exercises just kill me. Watched my coach post a video of how she uses them as a part of her routine and tried some of the stuff she does and became thoroughly humiliated ) They, like everything else are a tool in the toolbox but a gym should understand / plan how to position them so that they don't detract from the use of other tools

CC
    I would like one for home too. I live in an apartment and don't have any doors that open into the right direction where there is room to do the door mount though Can't install it in my ceiling.

I like TRX ok. A local spin studio has a group class room where they have installed them and they teach TRX group classes. I'd like to try sometime. We have one in the gym where I work out, I like it for rows.

ToraAdams will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToraAdams will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToraAdams will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToraAdams will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToraAdams will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToraAdams will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToraAdams will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToraAdams will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToraAdams will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToraAdams will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToraAdams will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I was invited to go to my friends gym which has a whole monkey bar contraption with trx bands all over the place at different heights it was awesome. I did chest abs back triceps reverse pull ups reverse pushups these bands are amazing for balance and identifying muscle weakness.
    When I was at the park doing my evening walk I saw a woman attaching her TRX , you really can't go wrong with these things they are fun, you can attach them all over the place and I can't think of anything better for travelling or if you live in a small apartment . The core is worked from front to back . I think these are great you can make your own my friend did in his apartment from stuff he got at the dollar store and home depot . For abs alone this is a great piece of equipment that you can push yourself beyond what I can do on the floor or hanging legs raises