CntryDwllr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CntryDwllr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CntryDwllr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CntryDwllr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CntryDwllr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CntryDwllr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CntryDwllr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CntryDwllr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CntryDwllr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CntryDwllr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CntryDwllr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cool Here goes nothing!

My apologies if this does not belong here - it's the only place that I could find.

Last week I joined the Y.
    The other day I met with the trainer for the first time. (My Y has a program that sets you up with a personal trainer for 12 weeks for new members.)
    Tomorrow I get up early and go meet again.

I've begun this little adventure completely on my own. Nobody has encouraged me or supported me in it. My family are all out of shape, have no stamina or endurance, always depressed and moody about themselves, and heart disease runs on my father's side.

I'm not at all overweight, but I'm not happy with the "30 year spread" and lack of muscle and shape.
    I'm looking for self-confidence, being happy with what I see in the mirror each day, feel comfortable taking my shirt off outdoors (never have), having more strength and energy, and hopefully being noticed more.

I have no idea what to expect, or what I can look forward to. But I know I'll feel better, as I always do when I'm working outside in the summer. I just want to look better and feel better instead of the scrawny-armed pot-belly I am now.

My birthday is in November and I'm hoping to have some significant improvements by then.

Just sharing my story, and sort of voicing my uncertainty. I don't expect to look like my friend who is in the gym 4 hours a day and looks like a Greek god, but I would like to be noticed like/with him when I step into a bar.

Good night, and hopefully I'll be able to sleep without the sorry of my second meeting going through my head all night.

EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Work hard and enjoy. Lifelong pursuit of fitness is admirable, and just stepping into the gym garners respect from nearly everyone else in there.

NoSoupForYou83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoSoupForYou83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoSoupForYou83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoSoupForYou83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoSoupForYou83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoSoupForYou83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoSoupForYou83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoSoupForYou83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoSoupForYou83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoSoupForYou83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoSoupForYou83 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    First off, congrats on taking the step to get in the gym. As far as being self confident goes, just give it time. You'll notice little changes here and there as you progress. Just don't get your hopes up and expect a massive change in a couple of months. It may take a couple of years. But keep at it and you will be happy with what you see.

I'm your age and I just recently started building seriously. I was always in and out of the gym and just never could keep up my mentality. The key things is to find a routine that is fun for you. Getting bored is something you don't want.

Good luck and keep grinding!!!

I need about tree fiddy davisj3537's Avatar
    davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz
    Keep your head up and read random threads in your spare time. You'll surpass your trainer in terms of fitness knowledge with a few hundred hours of reading and be much better off for it.
    Experience, not just theory