doberman13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) doberman13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) doberman13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) doberman13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) doberman13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) doberman13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) doberman13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) doberman13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) doberman13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) doberman13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) doberman13 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Help Me Buy My Leg Press

I have a good sized budget to replace the Hammer Strength ISO Leg Press that I sold a few weeks back. It was a decent machine and I wasn't planning to sell it but someone made me an offer that I couldn't refuse so out it went. I really liked the ISO-lateral movement but there were definitely times where I really just wanted the uni-lateral press. Also, I really liked the horizontal position but I wasn't a huge fan of the way the weight would swing through the motion rather than drive (if that makes sense).

I am looking at a few different apples and oranges on this one so I'd love to hear some feedback. First consideration is space. My gym is in my 20x20 garage which is 100% dedicated to the gym. I have a bunch of other equipment in there but I can make the room if needed. That being said, it would be great not to have half of my gym occupied by this piece.

I am considering the following so far:

Cybex 45 Degree Plate Loaded
    Cybex Squat Press
    Nebula 35 Degree Bi-Lateral/Uni-Lateral Plate Loaded
    A Few Selectorized Presses (Cybex VR-2 or VR3, Cybex Eagle, Star Trac, Life Fitness Signature) - it needs to have over 400lbs on the stack.

Everything I am looking at is on the secondary market and I'm operating on a budget around or below $1800-$2k delivered.

Right now I think I am leaning towards the Cybex 45 Degree or the Nebula, despite the footprint requirements. The cybex is one of the least expensive options and the nebula is the most.

deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If you are going new Nebula, call Steven at Superfitness. He may be able to get you a better deal than Hans will give you direct.

Fitness Factory of Charlotte has a used PowerLift uni/bilateral combo leg press on Ebay right now.
    []---[] Equipment crew member #51 []---[]

DogDoc will become famous soon enough. (+50) DogDoc will become famous soon enough. (+50) DogDoc will become famous soon enough. (+50) DogDoc will become famous soon enough. (+50) DogDoc will become famous soon enough. (+50) DogDoc will become famous soon enough. (+50) DogDoc will become famous soon enough. (+50) DogDoc will become famous soon enough. (+50) DogDoc will become famous soon enough. (+50) DogDoc will become famous soon enough. (+50) DogDoc will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    1 vote here for the Nebula Bi-Lateral/Uni-Lateral. It is a great machine for either type of work and extremely easy to switch from one-legged work to two. You can also load it up with an obscene amount of weight if you have enough plates, because everybody should have enough plates to load a couple of thousand pounds on their leg press.

doberman13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) doberman13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) doberman13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) doberman13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) doberman13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) doberman13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) doberman13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) doberman13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) doberman13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) doberman13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) doberman13 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by deadwoodgregg View Post
    If you are going new Nebula, call Steven at Superfitness. He may be able to get you a better deal than Hans will give you direct.

Fitness Factory of Charlotte has a used PowerLift uni/bilateral combo leg press on Ebay right now.
    Do you have a link to the ebay ad? I didn't see it?

2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    OP where are you located? I can give you a lead on a near perfect Med-X leg press within your budget.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #47
    ()---() York Barbell Club #46 (DD) ()---()

During the last few reps of a true 20RM squat, just do what Jesus tells you.--Mark Rippetoe

deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by doberman13 View Post
    Do you have a link to the ebay ad? I didn't see it?
    Sorry. He must have sold it. I thought that he had multiples though. He was asking $2000.

Steven at Superfitness has this Prostar that looks interesting. He is asking $2500 but has been sitting on it for at least a year. Has dual 300lb stacks. Uni/bilateral. Seat adjusts several angle positions making it very versatile. It should have shoulder restraint though.

http://charlotte.craigslist.org/spo/4581816127.html
    Last edited by deadwoodgregg; 07-31-2014 at 07:44 AM.

I haven't used a Cybex Squat Press but I like the concept. Does anyone know if it feels more like a traditional 45 degree leg press or is it more of a "swing" like the hammer strength?

I haven't used a Cybex Squat Press but I like the concept. Does anyone know if it feels more like a traditional 45 degree leg press or is it more of a "swing" like the hammer strength?
    Follow the direction of leg drive and the angle of the footplate.

Here is the PowerLift

Last edited by deadwoodgregg; 07-31-2014 at 08:58 AM.

Dude has the PowerLift relisted $1800.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Power-Lift-L...item25935cc7ae

dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Steven at Superfitness has this Prostar that looks interesting. He is asking $2500 but has been sitting on it for at least a year. Has dual 300lb stacks. Uni/bilateral. Seat adjusts several angle positions making it very versatile. It should have shoulder restraint though.

Have you ever tried that ProStar unit. I really like the looks of it.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #39 ▪█─────█▪

▪█─────█▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #2 ▪█─────█▪

▪[[[[────]]]]▪ York Barbell Club #93 (DD) ▪[[[[────]]]]▪

▪[M]====[6]▪ Mech6 Crew #10 ▪[M]====[6]▪

186lbs in Avatar

Originally Posted by dumb.bell View Post
    Have you ever tried that ProStar unit. I really like the looks of it.
    There was so much equipment packed into his warehouse I was unable to get to it to try it. It looks interesting. I just noticed that it does have shoulder restraint in the squat position. The seat angle does look dependent on a massive pop pin for those that are afraid of pop pins.

dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    There was so much equipment packed into his warehouse I was unable to get to it to try it. It looks interesting. I just noticed that it does have shoulder restraint in the squat position. The seat angle does look dependent on a massive pop pin for those that are afraid of pop pins.
    It looks like a really good machine.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #39 ▪█─────█▪

▪█─────█▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #2 ▪█─────█▪

▪[[[[────]]]]▪ York Barbell Club #93 (DD) ▪[[[[────]]]]▪

▪[M]====[6]▪ Mech6 Crew #10 ▪[M]====[6]▪

186lbs in Avatar

Terpgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Terpgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Terpgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Terpgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Terpgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Terpgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Terpgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Terpgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Terpgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Terpgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Terpgym will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Can't go wrong with either the Nebula or the Cybex. Nebula might be bigger footprint.

Originally Posted by dumb.bell View Post
    It looks like a really good machine.
    It depends on the travel path of the footplate. It probably travels like the Hammer MTS Squat that I just picked up. I don't think that it would go downward as much as the Avenger or Seated Squat. I really think that it could be a sneaky good quality leg press that hasn't been talked about.
    Last edited by deadwoodgregg; 08-05-2014 at 05:42 PM.

That powerlift would be my first choice but I'm not sure that he would ship it... also, shipping may put it over my budget

KG4NEL is just really nice. (+1000) KG4NEL is just really nice. (+1000) KG4NEL is just really nice. (+1000) KG4NEL is just really nice. (+1000) KG4NEL is just really nice. (+1000) KG4NEL is just really nice. (+1000) KG4NEL is just really nice. (+1000) KG4NEL is just really nice. (+1000) KG4NEL is just really nice. (+1000) KG4NEL is just really nice. (+1000) KG4NEL is just really nice. (+1000)
    For an $1800 unit, is a couple hundred in freight that much of an issue?
    Jim

"We must learn to reawaken and keep ourselves awake; not by mechanical aids, but by an infinite expectation of the dawn, which does not forsake us in our soundest sleep." - Henry David Thoreau

Originally Posted by KG4NEL View Post
    For an $1800 unit, is a couple hundred in freight that much of an issue?
    $1800 is about the top of my budget all-in. I emailed him though to see what the options are.

$1800 is about the top of my budget all-in. I emailed him though to see what the options are.
    Dave Goalder ships anywhere in the lower 48 for $500. That is a pretty big leg press. The guy might palletize it for you if you want to get your own shipping company. OP, if you give your location maybe some of the other members can help you find a leg press.

GoinGrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) GoinGrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) GoinGrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) GoinGrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) GoinGrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) GoinGrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) GoinGrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) GoinGrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) GoinGrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) GoinGrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) GoinGrey will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    For what is worth I was at Michigan State last month and tried out MedX selectorized, MedX Avenger lp and Rogers Hip Press. Even though the MedX selectorized had extra large 580 lb stacks I was able to easily do several reps pushing both 580 lb stacks. Normally the MedX slectorized come with 480 lb stacks. The MedX Avenger was very nice -- you could go really deep as the range of motion was there. The Hip Press was very nice and there was some abduction in the movement. The Associate Strength Coach said most atheletes like the Hip Press best.

I was there to check outh the Selectorized MedX and did not place a bid. Currently own the plate loaded 2nd generation Hammer Strength pendulum style leg press and do 2 sets of 10 with 410 lb.