Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    quietchef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quietchef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quietchef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quietchef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quietchef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quietchef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quietchef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quietchef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quietchef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quietchef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quietchef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Friday is better.

Squats 4x4 @ 245#
    OHP 6x6 @ 100# Tough, but got all reps
    Deadlift 8x8 @ 185#

Simple morning today. Uploading a quick YouTube video of the squats, any feedback is always appreciated. See y'all either Sunday or Monday morning. Peace out.

quietchef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quietchef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quietchef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quietchef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quietchef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quietchef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quietchef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quietchef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quietchef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quietchef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quietchef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XC5CA...e_gdata_player

Squats 4x4 day, vid of the first 2 sets at 245#, a pr at this depth (previously was doing closer to half squats). Aside from maybe descending deeper to hit parallel, any and all feedback is appreciated. I think I've corrected my butt wink pretty well, but I can still see a little bit.

BOR 4x4 @ 185#
    Tough. Started at 195#, as that would be my normal progression, but barely got 2, pulled off the nickels and ended up doing 6 sets.

Squats 6x6 @ 185#
    Shirt was soaked through by the end of these.

Benchpress 8x8 @ 135#
    Felt good. Nice pump. Supersetted the last few sets with BOR @ 115#

Finished with axe chops.

OHP 4x4 @ 120# Got every rep this time. Progress.

Deads 6x6 @ 235# Lost grip strength on fourth set, straps to the rescue.

Squats 8x8 @ 115# Regression, but I'm Ok with it.

Accessory work and out.

Life has been trying it's damnest to get in the way this past week. Deadline has been met, so things should get back to normal now.

does curls in power racks yaaar's Avatar
    yaaar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yaaar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yaaar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yaaar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yaaar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yaaar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yaaar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yaaar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yaaar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yaaar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yaaar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Looks like you're squats are going well, that video looks pretty good to me and PR's are awesome.

I do think that's the closest grip I've seen, but that's alright. It did look like you could go a little deeper, the fellas had recommended that on the lighter sets to give a 1-2 seconds pause at the bottom. Definitely made some differences, I'm not sure if they're good differences or not at this point... but in the long run they'll be good.

Definitely looks like you've got full control of the weight, on the last couple of reps you're starting to look up so maybe good to work on that.

Kicking ass man!

Also nice to see another barefoot'r. I actually don't even wear my vff's to lift, straight barefoot. One day I'll probably regret this decision, however.
    Don't listen to me, I'm in terrible shape.

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ S̶m̶2̶s̶m̶ Bm2bm crew (---S̶q̶u̶a̶t̶ Bench Moar to S̶q̶u̶a̶t̶ Bench Moar---)

Thanks yaar.

Haven't seen much difference in squats in the vff as much as doing deads. Worlds apart. I got some other feedback regarding the closer grip, and it just seems to work for me and my funky joints.

Monday is my 4x4 day for squats and have half a mind to push the envelope a bit with triples just to see what's possible.

yaaar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yaaar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yaaar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yaaar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yaaar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yaaar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yaaar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yaaar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yaaar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yaaar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yaaar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    At first I wasn't a fan of your program, but I've gotta say the more I look at it the more I like it.

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ S̶m̶2̶s̶m̶ Bm2bm crew (---S̶q̶u̶a̶t̶ Bench Moar to S̶q̶u̶a̶t̶ Bench Moar---)

Milk all you can out of the original program, do the three deloads and ramp back up, then if you want to stick with the 5 compound lifts in a slower progression, it has worked well for me. I also have my home gym complete with whiteboard as you can see on the first page to keep track of the 15 different poundages I'm at any given time. 14 weeks in and loving it.

I do use the white board to make notations as well, an * to denote struggling with the weights then I'll either stall at that weight or trudge forward depending on how I feel the next time I hit that movement at that set/rep scheme. Simple as it gets.

Definitely going to ride it out, see if I can make it 6 months total. Kind of a lofty goal, but we'll see!

Question, are you doing stiff legged deadlifts? That 6x6 seems like quite a bit or regular deadlifts.

Originally Posted by yaaar View Post
    Definitely going to ride it out, see if I can make it 6 months total. Kind of a lofty goal, but we'll see!

Question, are you doing stiff legged deadlifts? That 6x6 seems like quite a bit or regular deadlifts.
    Yup. Conventional Deadlift. 6x6 gets the heart pumping, fo sure. The 8x8 day is a thing of beauty. Isn't as bad as you'd think. Keeping the rest periods short really limits your poundages until you got it nailed down. Rarely have doms at all anymore.

Not 100% today.  Life got in the way early yesterday,  and kinda went down hill from there.  So a day late, and a dollar short.

Squats 4x4 @ 245#,  never made it there. Warm ups to 185#,  then felt weak, did 2 sets at 225#,  then ramped back down to 185# again for two more sets.

Benchpress 6x6 @ 155#.  Stagnant.  

BOR 8x8 @ 110#.  Felt a slight tweak in lower back.  Fml.

Trudge on.

Glad you made it out there, looks like it probably would have been better to wait a day though.

Hope you didn't do any damage to your back. I tweaked mine a little bit doing OHP a few days ago, it was okay after a couple days luckily.

Originally Posted by yaaar View Post
    Glad you made it out there, looks like it probably would have been better to wait a day though.

Hope you didn't do any damage to your back. I tweaked mine a little bit doing OHP a few days ago, it was okay after a couple days luckily.
    NEVER!

Consistency trumps almost everything. Even a "punch the clock" session is better than taking a day off (unless it's a legitimate health concern). Momentum is worth its weight in gold. One skipped session all too quickly leads to a week off and then a few weeks, and you're back to where you began before you know it.

That's probably the#1 reason most people can't stick with any particular endeavor, it takes a certain fortitude to ingrain a new activity into habit and grow it into a lifestyle.

Keep trudging on.

Did a quickie session of 25 min on the bike, then some light arm & chest work, and finished with some overdue stretching. Life's good.

Originally Posted by quietchef View Post
    NEVER!

Consistency trumps almost everything. Even a "punch the clock" session is better than taking a day off (unless it's a legitimate health concern). Momentum is worth its weight in gold. One skipped session all too quickly leads to a week off and then a few weeks, and you're back to where you began before you know it.

That's probably the#1 reason most people can't stick with any particular endeavor, it takes a certain fortitude to ingrain a new activity into habit and grow it into a lifestyle.

Keep trudging on.
    I've got one of those coming up in about 40 minutes here. Got home late last night from the Giants game, low on sleep from the past two days.

mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Strong lifting in here.

Originally Posted by quietchef View Post
    NEVER!

Keep trudging on.
    QFT!!!! I've started loving my punching the clock workouts. Everytime that I've gone in when I haven't felt like it, it usually feels great by the time I leave.
    365 255 480 in April! ...2019
    ☻/
    /▌
    / \ sm2sm crew (---Squat Moar to Squat Moar---)

Originally Posted by mirroroferised View Post
    Strong lifting in here.

QFT!!!! I've started loving my punching the clock workouts. Everytime that I've gone in when I haven't felt like it, it usually feels great by the time I leave.
    Thanks. They all don't have to be great, just done. Although I still don't consider any of my lifts "strong" yet. I'm chasing a 1pps OHP, 3pps squat, and a 4pps dead. Screw bench.

Deadlift 4x4 @ 305# Heck yeah! 60 seconds rest between sets is getting dang difficult. Last set took a great deal of willpower.

Squats 6x6 @ 185# snap, crackle, and popping. Damn you finite supply of joint supp. Will be back on them today, if possible.

OHP 8x8 @ 75# still here, bumped it up to 85#, then 95# for the 5/6 and 7/8 sets respectively.

Feel great this morning, aside from the forementioned sound effects during squats and the hobbling out of bed in the morning. But that's life.

Last workout for the next few days, as I'll be out of town. Y'all have a good one.

Good work, enjoy the time off. Hope it's for fun and not work.

You still alive, Tim?

Yup, still alive. Got things in the plans for a run at a little bit of fat loss starting next week. Will be switching stuff up and am unsure if I'll be logging online in dual journals or not. May just go back to a single journal. Still have more planning to do in the next 4 days then its go time.

Peace out.

Leigh07 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leigh07 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leigh07 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leigh07 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leigh07 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leigh07 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leigh07 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leigh07 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leigh07 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leigh07 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leigh07 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Squats looked good QC. I like your set up, working hard on a handful of compounds. Good job man