rvfraley will become famous soon enough. (+50) rvfraley will become famous soon enough. (+50) rvfraley will become famous soon enough. (+50) rvfraley will become famous soon enough. (+50) rvfraley will become famous soon enough. (+50) rvfraley will become famous soon enough. (+50) rvfraley will become famous soon enough. (+50) rvfraley will become famous soon enough. (+50) rvfraley will become famous soon enough. (+50) rvfraley will become famous soon enough. (+50) rvfraley will become famous soon enough. (+50)

HELP: Need Quick Advice: Which Swiss Bar (Elite FTS or Black Widow)

Hey guys,

Elitefts has their Swiss bar on flash sale: http://www.flexcart.com/members/elit...d=212&pid=6003
    Total with Shipping is $289

Black Widow Swiss Bar: http://www.blackwidowtg.com/Swiss_Ba.../bar-swiss.htm
    Total with shipping is $240

The $49 difference isn't a deal breaker. I want the best bar and price is close. I have elitefts and BW bars, so I'm a fan of both companies.

The Elitefts has angled center handles, with the other handles being neutral (as well as some thick, some thinner handles). The BW bar just has neutral handles.

Would love quick opinions on which you would get and why. The Elite flash sale won't last long

thanks, Ryan

zalcrux will become famous soon enough. (+50) zalcrux will become famous soon enough. (+50) zalcrux will become famous soon enough. (+50) zalcrux will become famous soon enough. (+50) zalcrux will become famous soon enough. (+50) zalcrux will become famous soon enough. (+50) zalcrux will become famous soon enough. (+50) zalcrux will become famous soon enough. (+50) zalcrux will become famous soon enough. (+50) zalcrux will become famous soon enough. (+50) zalcrux will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    According to the email I received. It's supposed to be $53.00 off MSRP + free shipping in the Cont US.

An advantage I see with the elitefts version is that its less bulkier than the version from BW. I would imagine this would make the bar more stable and allow for easier overhead pressing.

Have you considered the Multi-press bar from Blackwidow as well?

rvfraley will become famous soon enough. (+50) rvfraley will become famous soon enough. (+50) rvfraley will become famous soon enough. (+50) rvfraley will become famous soon enough. (+50) rvfraley will become famous soon enough. (+50) rvfraley will become famous soon enough. (+50) rvfraley will become famous soon enough. (+50) rvfraley will become famous soon enough. (+50) rvfraley will become famous soon enough. (+50) rvfraley will become famous soon enough. (+50) rvfraley will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I was thinking the same. The width on the elite is not as wide as the black widow bar.

That could be the advantage between the bars

jtaliani is just really nice. (+1000) jtaliani is just really nice. (+1000) jtaliani is just really nice. (+1000) jtaliani is just really nice. (+1000) jtaliani is just really nice. (+1000) jtaliani is just really nice. (+1000) jtaliani is just really nice. (+1000) jtaliani is just really nice. (+1000) jtaliani is just really nice. (+1000) jtaliani is just really nice. (+1000) jtaliani is just really nice. (+1000)
    Not the answer you're looking for, but honestly, I don't think you can go wrong. Both put out great quality gear. You do get one additional grip option with the EFTS and the more narrow cage should be a nice addition depending on your intended usage. That being said, you'll have to decide if that's worth $50 (that could go toward other gear - a set of lock jaw collars perhaps?) I have several bars from Dean, including the football bar, and plan to order a Swiss bar from him if he runs the black Friday sale again.

You may want to measure your desired spacing on an existing bar to see where you like your hands positioned, as they offer different spacing of their neutral grips.

Another consideration, how do you feel about grip width? I personally have has issues with too narrow grips digging into my hands. For this reason, without having used one, I have some concern about the usability of the widest (skinny) grip position for me.
    Last edited by jtaliani; 07-29-2014 at 07:02 PM.

Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    EliteFTS has been $248 and I think slightly lower in the past with free shipping. I bought mine at $248, but I remember it hitting $235 or right around there as well.
    Garage Gym Owner

Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Personally, I would get the BWTG option. I don't like the angled grips on the EFTS as the close grips.
    Boomer Rep Crew #1
    []---[] Equipment Crew #37 []---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #3 ()---()

"You want science and studies? **** you. I've got scars and blood and vomit."
    -Wendler

doberman13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) doberman13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) doberman13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) doberman13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) doberman13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) doberman13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) doberman13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) doberman13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) doberman13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) doberman13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) doberman13 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    you should really check out edge fitness systems. I can't link because of my post count but honestly, Ricks bar is a lot nicer than elitefts. Plus he has a Swiss bar/football bar hybrid that looks awesome so you get a full set of angled grip and straight on one bar.

zalcrux will become famous soon enough. (+50) zalcrux will become famous soon enough. (+50) zalcrux will become famous soon enough. (+50) zalcrux will become famous soon enough. (+50) zalcrux will become famous soon enough. (+50) zalcrux will become famous soon enough. (+50) zalcrux will become famous soon enough. (+50) zalcrux will become famous soon enough. (+50) zalcrux will become famous soon enough. (+50) zalcrux will become famous soon enough. (+50) zalcrux will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by doberman13 View Post
    you should really check out edge fitness systems. I can't link because of my post count but honestly, Ricks bar is a lot nicer than elitefts. Plus he has a Swiss bar/football bar hybrid that looks awesome so you get a full set of angled grip and straight on one bar.
    I've been checking out his site these past few days. Could someone who owns bars from Rick comment on the following?

Paint/Finish of his bars, packaging and customer service.

Thanks!

Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by zalcrux View Post
    I've been checking out his site these past few days. Could someone who owns bars from Rick comment on the following?

Thanks!
    you should do a search. I can think of a couple guys that have his products (not sure on bars) but they are currently infrequent posters
    Boomer Rep Crew #1
    []---[] Equipment Crew #37 []---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #3 ()---()

"You want science and studies? **** you. I've got scars and blood and vomit."
    -Wendler

doberman13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) doberman13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) doberman13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) doberman13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) doberman13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) doberman13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) doberman13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) doberman13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) doberman13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) doberman13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) doberman13 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by zalcrux View Post

Thanks!
    I have a bunch of his stuff. Power rack, accessories (landmine, handles, dip attachment, pullup attachment, monlift etc...), GHD, 45 Degree Hyper, Row/Dip unit, Football Bar, Swiss Bar, Rickshaw and Farmers Handles. He is shipping out my custom 0-90 bench this week. He was great to deal with, prices are very reasonable. I prefer the finish on his bars to what I've experienced from elitefts. I wish he had the combo bar when I bought my bars as it would have bought it but my swiss and football bar get tons of use and abuse and they hold up great. They are two of my favorite items.

Dang! That Flash Sale was REALLY quick. Sale over price with shipping jumped $80

817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I would buy from Elitefts. I'm on their site daily educating myself for free. No other company gives you as much information as Elitefts.
    It surprises me how many people refuse to buy equipment from Elitefts because its too expensive but they will buy equipment from their competitors, then continue to go on EFS website to educate themselves for FREE

I'm getting the Elite bar if they'll honor the sales price, I emailed them

FYI, Elitefts honored the price for me. Just ordered today at $251.40 (included shipping). I talked to Dean at BWTG via email, and I love them...but, felt like the Eliteftsbar was good for my needs. I've bought lots from Elitefts and never been disappointed.

swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by doberman13 View Post
    Plus he has a Swiss bar/football bar hybrid that looks awesome so you get a full set of angled grip and straight on one bar.
    I'm not finding many reviews on this bar - maybe it's still too new. It's definitely interesting though.
    STAND TALL AND SHAKE THE HEAVENS!!

"Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own." - 1 Corinthians 6:19

▪█─-─█▪ Equipment Crew #71 ▪█─-─█▪
    []---[] York Barbell Club #32 []---[]
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #66 []---[]
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #6 ||---||

Originally Posted by swimmer32 View Post
    I'm not finding many reviews on this bar - maybe it's still too new. It's definitely interesting though.
    I think he just started selling it a few weeks ago

juu80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) juu80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) juu80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) juu80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) juu80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) juu80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) juu80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) juu80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) juu80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) juu80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) juu80 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    A little late to the thread but a quick response for future searches that come across - I was going to purchase a football or swiss bar and could not make up my mind on which I was going to buy, had a few places in mind, in the end I went with edge fitness and the combo bar he offers has at 300. Great customer service, ordered my bar online in the evening, had a shipping notification the next morning, UPS had it later that evening, and it was in my basement being used within a few days. The combo bar was wrapped well and survived the shipment process perfectly. The coating is great and the slim combo bar is perfect for my basement gym(limited space or I would have ordered one of each). In terms of a review comparing this to other football/swiss bars or even specialty bars, that I can not help with; this was my first specialty bar ordered and first time ever using a football/swiss bar. Its a great bar, and based upon the customer service I will be ordering from edge again.

squat802 is just really nice. (+1000) squat802 is just really nice. (+1000) squat802 is just really nice. (+1000) squat802 is just really nice. (+1000) squat802 is just really nice. (+1000) squat802 is just really nice. (+1000) squat802 is just really nice. (+1000) squat802 is just really nice. (+1000) squat802 is just really nice. (+1000) squat802 is just really nice. (+1000) squat802 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Ditto to the Combo Bar from Edge Fitness....Far Superior in Quality and doesn't have cheap rubber end caps like the Elite bar as they are welded. After 2 Swiss Bars from Elitefts got trashed in shipping finally returned them and had zero problems with shipping from Edge.....much better secure packaging.

Maybe I got lucky, but my Elite Swiss bar was perfect. Love it. I also got it for less than the current sell price. Just email Matt at Elite for a price quote.

aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000)
    That combo bar looks bulky but interesting. Anyone else have one?

slimneverdies will become famous soon enough. (+50) slimneverdies will become famous soon enough. (+50) slimneverdies will become famous soon enough. (+50) slimneverdies will become famous soon enough. (+50) slimneverdies will become famous soon enough. (+50) slimneverdies will become famous soon enough. (+50) slimneverdies will become famous soon enough. (+50) slimneverdies will become famous soon enough. (+50) slimneverdies will become famous soon enough. (+50) slimneverdies will become famous soon enough. (+50) slimneverdies will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Talking

Originally Posted by aclockworkoi View Post
    That combo bar looks bulky but interesting. Anyone else have one?
    I've been waiting on more reviews on this bar. Anyone have any info. I think I really want
    Long live Slim

Fs22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fs22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fs22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fs22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fs22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fs22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fs22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fs22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fs22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fs22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fs22 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Are we really comparing similar items though. What I mean is that the swiss press bar has a shorter diameter on handles to better facilitate pressing movements. Requires less wrist stabilization. For anyone that has the bwtg, correct me if I'm wrong but I imagine it having a larger diameter. I think it's the reason that edge fitness released a "slim line " of swiss and football bars to emphasize pressing movements. Am I over analyzing , or do you guys think there really is a large difference between the traditional swiss bars and the slimmer "pressing swiss bars". I would like to add one of the three bars this Black Friday , just trying to decide on which one. I do not have any shoulder issues. Just wanted to add a little variability. Would primarily use it for bench , tricep work and possibly mimic some log movements. I'm just confused on wether I would want the need for wrist stabilization or not.