gainleanmuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) gainleanmuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) gainleanmuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) gainleanmuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) gainleanmuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) gainleanmuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) gainleanmuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) gainleanmuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) gainleanmuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) gainleanmuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) gainleanmuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Finding it much easier to eat in caloric deficit with IF

so i started my cut at 3300 calories and lost 4 lbs within first 2 weeks then i lowered calories to 2800 and didn't seem to be losing much in the following 2 weeks so yesterday i gave a version of intermittent fasting (IF) a shot, i think i'm going to stick with it while i cut. I basically skip breakfast and eat my meals between 4pm and my last meal a cassein shake w half a cup of milk/half cup water around midnight, found it much easier to hit my macros and keep my calories low with this method. it was harder to hit my macros before because i tend to eat bigger meals and when i eat breakfast my totals were around 2800 for the day now i can easily make 2600 and feel fine. i know it's only been 1 day but i'm gonna try this for the remainder of my cut and see how it works.

anyone else try this method and how has it worked for you for fat loss?

i'm currently around 180lbs 17-20% bodyfat i would say skinny fat w some muscle most fat is around belly/love handles. i was 185 when i started my cut and icf cutting version about a month ago, my goal is to get under %15 body fat before starting a lean bulk, overall goal is to gainleanmuscle and be around 175lbs 12% bodyfat.

Gains1983 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gains1983 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gains1983 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by gainleanmuscle View Post
    so i started my cut at 3300 calories and lost 4 lbs within first 2 weeks then i lowered calories to 2800 and didn't seem to be losing much in the following 2 weeks so yesterday i gave a version of intermittent fasting (IF) a shot, i think i'm going to stick with it while i cut. I basically skip breakfast and eat my meals between 4pm and my last meal a cassein shake w half a cup of milk/half cup water around midnight, found it much easier to hit my macros and keep my calories low with this method. it was harder to hit my macros before because i tend to eat bigger meals and when i eat breakfast my totals were around 2800 for the day now i can easily make 2600 and feel fine. i know it's only been 1 day but i'm gonna try this for the remainder of my cut and see how it works.

anyone else try this method and how has it worked for you for fat loss?

i'm currently around 180lbs 17-20% bodyfat i would say skinny fat w some muscle most fat is around belly/love handles. i was 185 when i started my cut and icf cutting version about a month ago, my goal is to get under %15 body fat before starting a lean bulk, overall goal is to gainleanmuscle and be around 175lbs 12% bodyfat.
    I done I.F. For about 2 months on my 2nd off and starting again next week I cut from 210-185 with out I.F. An hit a wall, started I.F. And started to really loose the last bit of stubborn fat. Made my eating window 8hrs but seen te best results when I moved them to a 4-6hr eating window. But ease your way into that if you cut your window back. Just make sure you get your proteins, carbs an water of course. I would recommend I.F. To anyone but most people judge it to quickly with out trying it. I am 6ft 173lbs now . It seems like your calories are kinda high, I had to on a 1700-1800 calorie but I was loosing 5lbs per week. For best result I would def train fasted as well.

gainleanmuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) gainleanmuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) gainleanmuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) gainleanmuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) gainleanmuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) gainleanmuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) gainleanmuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) gainleanmuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) gainleanmuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) gainleanmuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) gainleanmuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks for the reply!! my calories sound high but I have an extremely physical job 6 days a week. I do train fasted, I will continue to monitor my fat loss but dont want to lose muscle so I want to keep weight loss around 2 lbs per week

Gains1983 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gains1983 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gains1983 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Thanks for the reply!! my calories sound high but I have an extremely physical job 6 days a week. I do train fasted, I will continue to monitor my fat loss but dont want to lose muscle so I want to keep weight loss around 2 lbs per week
    Make since with the calories and your job, your on the right track, are you currently on any supplement suck as creatine ?

Originally Posted by Gains1983 View Post
    Make since with the calories and your job, your on the right track, are you currently on any supplement suck as creatine ?
    i stopped using creatine last week, currently i use arnold pump pre workout, on whey and on casein.

cldillmann1 is just really nice. (+1000) cldillmann1 is just really nice. (+1000) cldillmann1 is just really nice. (+1000) cldillmann1 is just really nice. (+1000) cldillmann1 is just really nice. (+1000) cldillmann1 is just really nice. (+1000) cldillmann1 is just really nice. (+1000) cldillmann1 is just really nice. (+1000) cldillmann1 is just really nice. (+1000) cldillmann1 is just really nice. (+1000) cldillmann1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I have been doing i guess its IF for a while now for 2 cutting and 1 bulking cycle (about to start my second bulking cycle with IF) I freaking love it just for my satiety and convienience of eating times. I dont like taking lunch to work so I skip it. I eat 500cal Oats and PB breakfast at 4am (lift at 430am) and then the rest of my cal/macros between 530-6 depending how long it takes to cook dinner. I am always stuffed after dinner and feel great. I dont get hungry during the day and my energy levels are fine. IF has also benefited me for being flexible incase i do go out for lunch with coworkers or go out for drinks with the buddies and such since i havent ate anything all day i can evaluate my macros left over after the nights social outing and hit my targets without thinking to much about it. (if i ate a full breakfast and lunch I would have less wiggle room for being social and eating and drinking.)

IF is awesome just for convience and isnt a magic tool that helps you lose bodyfat.
    Is wine not an essential macro?

Huge avi *******

"The gears will spin and the wheels they’ll turn. As long as I give my fire fuel to burn."

KAJe9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KAJe9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KAJe9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KAJe9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KAJe9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KAJe9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KAJe9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KAJe9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KAJe9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KAJe9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KAJe9 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    So, restricting the number of hours you're allowed to eat food helped you eat less food...you don't say!

Seriously tho, it's just a timing protocol, if it's convenient for you and you enjoy it, great. Keep up the good work.

TailEnd is a name known to all. (+5000) TailEnd is a name known to all. (+5000) TailEnd is a name known to all. (+5000) TailEnd is a name known to all. (+5000) TailEnd is a name known to all. (+5000) TailEnd is a name known to all. (+5000) TailEnd is a name known to all. (+5000) TailEnd is a name known to all. (+5000) TailEnd is a name known to all. (+5000) TailEnd is a name known to all. (+5000) TailEnd is a name known to all. (+5000)
    If it works for you then keep going with it. Don't attribute your fat loss to IF though - fat loss is achieved through a caloric deficit and not an arbitrarily chosen "eating window".

Common sense/moderation. gbullock32's Avatar
    gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    i stopped using creatine last week, currently i use arnold pump pre workout, on whey and on casein.
    Why stop creatine? It has so many proven benefits and will not hinder a cut at all.
    Short cuts to success are often paved with lies.
    1/13/16: Massive hernia.
    5/10/16: Finally back to lifting, light but improving.

Why Teens shouldn't cut/Lack of progress thread- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169272763&p=1397509823#post1397509823

Originally Posted by gbullock32 View Post
    Why stop creatine? It has so many proven benefits and will not hinder a cut at all.
    That is exactly why I asked as well, especially if your worried about loosing muscle .

Registered User ErikTheElectric's Avatar
    ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    That is exactly why I asked as well, especially if your worried about loosing muscle .
    Loose=/=lose.

Originally Posted by gbullock32 View Post
    i've been taking it for 2 months just taking a month break, thinking of trying a krealkalyne sp*? type creatine next.

Originally Posted by TailEnd View Post
    If it works for you then keep going with it. Don't attribute your fat loss to IF though - fat loss is achieved through a caloric deficit and not an arbitrarily chosen "eating window".
    yeah i understand that it won't be the IF per se but the caloric deficit that will be helping me lose weight, i'm just saying eating within the 8 hour window is making it much easier to eat under my maintenance. i can handle skipping breakfast without feeling starved therefore i have 2 decent size meals a between meal snack and a bedtime snack (casein shake) to get in 2600 calories and it makes it so much easier than trying to eat 4 smaller meals and snack, it helps me not to overdo the carbs(260) and fats(87) getting the necessary protein in is a challenge but i manage. works well with my cut, when i go back into slow bulk i'll need to ease back into it but eventually i will need the breakfast to get the proper calories in.

enjoying my food without going crazy and keeping it pretty clean too....today i had post workout - scoop of whey, gatorade. lunch- 3 turkey tacos w avocado, brown rice, greek yogurt no fat, cup of broccoli. snack - peanut butter sandwich on 1 slice bakery whole wheat bread, a pear, scoop of whey. dinner - grilled chicken leg & chicken thigh, cup of broccoli, sweet potato, full fat yogurt, piece of eli's cheesecake. bedtime snack - casein shake and a banana.

Originally Posted by ErikTheElectric View Post
    Loose=/=lose.
    Sorry Webster

KBoss302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KBoss302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KBoss302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KBoss302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KBoss302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KBoss302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KBoss302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KBoss302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KBoss302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KBoss302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KBoss302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    IF makes cutting so easy. I get to eat huge 700 to 800 calorie meals and feel totally satisfied in the evening. When I followed the "5-6 small meals" throughout the day plan, I was always starving. 300-400 calorie meals just don't cut it and always leave you feeling unsatisfied. I drink black coffee and plenty of water during the fasting portion, and the weight comes off.

Registered User ErikTheElectric's Avatar
    ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Sorry Webster
    Just saving you from looking stupid.

gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    i've been taking it for 2 months just taking a month break, thinking of trying a krealkalyne sp*? type creatine next.
    Creatine mono, cheap and the most studied/proven form of creatine; just take 3-5g a day, every day and there is no need to cycle or stop.

Why Teens shouldn't cut/Lack of progress thread- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169272763&p=1397509823#post1397509823

TailEnd is a name known to all. (+5000) TailEnd is a name known to all. (+5000) TailEnd is a name known to all. (+5000) TailEnd is a name known to all. (+5000) TailEnd is a name known to all. (+5000) TailEnd is a name known to all. (+5000) TailEnd is a name known to all. (+5000) TailEnd is a name known to all. (+5000) TailEnd is a name known to all. (+5000) TailEnd is a name known to all. (+5000) TailEnd is a name known to all. (+5000)
    yeah i understand that it won't be the IF per se but the caloric deficit that will be helping me lose weight, i'm just saying eating within the 8 hour window is making it much easier to eat under my maintenance. i can handle skipping breakfast without feeling starved therefore i have 2 decent size meals a between meal snack and a bedtime snack (casein shake) to get in 2600 calories and it makes it so much easier than trying to eat 4 smaller meals and snack, it helps me not to overdo the carbs(260) and fats(87) getting the necessary protein in is a challenge but i manage. works well with my cut, when i go back into slow bulk i'll need to ease back into it but eventually i will need the breakfast to get the proper calories in.

enjoying my food without going crazy and keeping it pretty clean too....today i had post workout - scoop of whey, gatorade. lunch- 3 turkey tacos w avocado, brown rice, greek yogurt no fat, cup of broccoli. snack - peanut butter sandwich on 1 slice bakery whole wheat bread, a pear, scoop of whey. dinner - grilled chicken leg & chicken thigh, cup of broccoli, sweet potato, full fat yogurt, piece of eli's cheesecake. bedtime snack - casein shake and a banana.
    Stick with it then.

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I dont want to lose muscle so I want to keep weight loss around 2 lbs per week
    FYI: Losing 2 lb per week, especially when prolonged over a few weeks, will make it likely you will lose LBM.

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Mrpb View Post
    FYI: Losing 2 lb per week, especially when prolonged over a few weeks, will make it likely you will lose LBM.
    And only 180lbs at 5"11 too
    Yes... I've started a log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159357321

Originally Posted by Mrpb View Post
    do you suggest 1lb per week?

That would be far more sensible, spare more lean body mass, and allow for more calories in your day; so yes.

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I like 1 pound per week as it makes it easy to retain all LBM and perhaps even gain some.

sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Been doing LGs for a year almost.
    To do my cut.
    Starting Monday, I will see what I can do using LGs, and putting back on some weight.

Originally Posted by sdunn96 View Post
    Been doing LGs for a year almost.
    To do my cut.
    Starting Monday, I will see what I can do using LGs, and putting back on some weight.
    what are LGs?

WaterSnatcher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WaterSnatcher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WaterSnatcher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WaterSnatcher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WaterSnatcher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WaterSnatcher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WaterSnatcher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WaterSnatcher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WaterSnatcher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WaterSnatcher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WaterSnatcher has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    what are LGs?
    Lean Gains. Kind of like a modified version of IF.
    August-September Cut:
    Week 0: 208.2 Week 1: 207.2 Week 2: 204.4
    Week 3: Week 4: Week 5: Week 6:
    Week 7: Week 8: Week 9:

gotta shed body fat and be careful not to lose muscle, so i think i'll try for 1lb per week weight loss, probably bump calories up to 2650-2700 see how that works. going to get back on creatine at the end of september, can anyone reccomend a good brand of kre-alkalyn or creapure based creatine? i don't think creatine mono was having any spectacular results w me, i was using bodyyech creatine mono and before that i used the updated beast creatine.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    All creatine monohydrate brands should be the same. It's a simple molecule, there should be no difference. And you can't expect it to make a dramatic difference, we are talking a few percentage points to what is already a slow and hard to measure process. Some people don't need it at all since they naturally maintain creatine saturation.