jmanziel2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Biceps way bigger than triceps

For the longest time now my biceps have been bigger than my triceps and when I workout I feel it a lot more in my biceps. For triceps I used to use all cables but from the lack of size I switch to free weights (skull crushers, weighted dips etc) and have noticed some more development but still does not seem like enough. Any tips for mass? Anything I could be doing wrong doing wrong?

You down with D.U.P.? KillerB84's Avatar
    KillerB84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KillerB84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KillerB84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KillerB84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KillerB84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KillerB84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KillerB84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KillerB84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KillerB84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KillerB84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KillerB84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Close-Grip Bench press. I also really like Rolling Dumbbell extensions.
    DUP Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168458133

1530 Raw No Wraps (515/415/600) 12/06/2015
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_eEtGaB3nU

450 Raw Bench Press 03/12/2016
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3IFMC4cNzA

Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    always had the same problem. Perhaps were lucky genetically with the biceps growing but not so much with the triceps.

just keep on doing your compounds; Bench press, Overhead Press, Weighted Dips. and do some extra isolation work at the end and see how you fare.

mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It may not look like they're that big because they don't have a peak like biceps do. But hit them hard with cgbp, overhead extensions.

TJP33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TJP33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TJP33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TJP33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TJP33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TJP33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TJP33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TJP33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TJP33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TJP33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TJP33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I found triceps more difficult to engage when I started out- the motion would be generated from other muscles and less stimulus would be applied to my triceps- Look closely at your form, it may also be a good idea to back down the weight- remember its not as much weight as you can do, its as much weight as the muscle can do.. Its not uncommon to see someone in the gym doing tri ext but generating the push down with shoulders/chest, pulling with their back, or crunching the weight down with their abs.. keep the focus on tri.

Hundley52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hundley52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hundley52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hundley52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hundley52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hundley52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hundley52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hundley52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hundley52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hundley52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hundley52 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by TJP33 View Post
    I found triceps more difficult to engage when I started out- the motion would be generated from other muscles and less stimulus would be applied to my triceps- Look closely at your form, it may also be a good idea to back down the weight- remember its not as much weight as you can do, its as much weight as the muscle can do.. Its not uncommon to see someone in the gym doing tri ext but generating the push down with shoulders/chest, pulling with their back, or crunching the weight down with their abs.. keep the focus on tri.
    +1 here
    Squat: 495
    Bench: 355
    Dead: 515
    Front Squat: 325 6/20/14

Let 'er rip tater chip!

TheMadPhysicist is a complete loser! (-2000) TheMadPhysicist is a complete loser! (-2000) TheMadPhysicist is a complete loser! (-2000) TheMadPhysicist is a complete loser! (-2000) TheMadPhysicist is a complete loser! (-2000) TheMadPhysicist is a complete loser! (-2000) TheMadPhysicist is a complete loser! (-2000) TheMadPhysicist is a complete loser! (-2000) TheMadPhysicist is a complete loser! (-2000) TheMadPhysicist is a complete loser! (-2000) TheMadPhysicist is a complete loser! (-2000)
    This. Well put!

Ya I like to keep my rep range high for arms as I feel it is way more effective but thanks for the help I'll pay more attention to form. But if I want more mass will lower weights with a rep range of 10-12 still help me achieve the size I want in my tris

Hundley52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hundley52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hundley52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hundley52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hundley52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hundley52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hundley52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hundley52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hundley52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hundley52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hundley52 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by jmanziel2 View Post
    Ya I like to keep my rep range high for arms as I feel it is way more effective but thanks for the help I'll pay more attention to form. But if I want more mass will lower weights with a rep range of 10-12 still help me achieve the size I want in my tris
    Yes, arms respond better to higher rep count than higher weights with lower reps. With arms, it's all about full extension and full flexation.
    Squat: 495
    Bench: 355
    Dead: 515
    Front Squat: 325 6/20/14

Let 'er rip tater chip!

SlipshodDread will become famous soon enough. (+50) SlipshodDread will become famous soon enough. (+50) SlipshodDread will become famous soon enough. (+50) SlipshodDread will become famous soon enough. (+50) SlipshodDread will become famous soon enough. (+50) SlipshodDread will become famous soon enough. (+50) SlipshodDread will become famous soon enough. (+50) SlipshodDread will become famous soon enough. (+50) SlipshodDread will become famous soon enough. (+50) SlipshodDread will become famous soon enough. (+50) SlipshodDread will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If your profile pic is you, then you would need much bigger arms to determine that your bicep was "way bigger". The tricep doesn't have a peak like the bicep and so it becomes much harder to determine its size. Since it is 2/3 of your arm size, even a small tricep would be as big as the bicep itself.

umichgrad07 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) umichgrad07 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) umichgrad07 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) umichgrad07 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    stop doing biceps, start doing triceps.

Originally Posted by SlipshodDread View Post
    If your profile pic is you, then you would need much bigger arms to determine that your bicep was "way bigger". The tricep doesn't have a peak like the bicep and so it becomes much harder to determine its size. Since it is 2/3 of your arm size, even a small tricep would be as big as the bicep itself.
    That's only my peak r tard pretty sure I can determine if it's bigger or not

I need about tree fiddy davisj3537's Avatar
    davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz
    Clearly you can't. Your biceps aren't bigger than your triceps.

Check out an anatomy book before telling people older and wiser than you that they are wrong.
    Experience, not just theory

SlipshodDread will become famous soon enough. (+50) SlipshodDread will become famous soon enough. (+50) SlipshodDread will become famous soon enough. (+50) SlipshodDread will become famous soon enough. (+50) SlipshodDread will become famous soon enough. (+50) SlipshodDread will become famous soon enough. (+50) SlipshodDread will become famous soon enough. (+50) SlipshodDread will become famous soon enough. (+50) SlipshodDread will become famous soon enough. (+50) SlipshodDread will become famous soon enough. (+50) SlipshodDread will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Sorry my knowledge of arm development is not sufficient to aid your 11 inch cannons. Evidently you know much better than me, and so should not need to post a topic about how your huge biceps are so much bigger than your triceps.